Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

DanielSteed

I'd hope that the daily objectives for rampages in daily areas that aren't Onderon, Ossus, or Mek-Sha remain available to level 75 players too. I am definitely glad that the weekly objectives for those other daily areas remain, and that furthermore they are daily objectives!

Also, I'm uncertain how to feel about the FP objectives requiring a guild group. Some guilds are small, making this hard to achieve, which again favors larger guilds substantially with conquest, and it's not as if they don't already have an advantage.

Edited by AlCiao

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I'm uncertain how to feel about the FP objectives requiring a guild group. Some guilds are small, making this hard to achieve, which again favors larger guilds substantially with conquest, and it's not as if they don't already have an advantage.

I second this, as someone who has a like 3 person guild.

I'm glad you're not messing with SH bonuses

Super! Thanks for the clarification and the additional changes to FPs for conquest. I think the changes to conquest sound great. Thanks for working on this, particularly in these difficult times. Stay well!

I second this, as someone who has a like 3 person guild.

I'm glad you're not messing with SH bonuses

I dont know why favouring big guilds is a proplem. Conquest is a Guild Vs Guild Feature in the game.

If you wanna be top of the leaderboard, grow your guild.

If all you want is the rewards then you only have to complete the guild goal culmatively, which is pretty easy even for small guilds.

I dont know why favouring big guilds is a proplem. Conquest is a Guild Vs Guild Feature in the game.

If you wanna be top of the leaderboard, grow your guild.

If all you want is the rewards then you only have to complete the guild goal culmatively, which is pretty easy even for small guilds.

You miss the point. I dont care about being on the leaderboard much less at the top.

With 3 people, it is impossible to get a full guild group for FP, so if the objective requires it, we are unable to go for that objective.

And as a side note, its 3 people on at a time, I have probably about 6 active players but timezones and schedules suck.

You miss the point. I dont care about being on the leaderboard much less at the top.

With 3 people, it is impossible to get a full guild group for FP, so if the objective requires it, we are unable to go for that objective.

And as a side note, its 3 people on at a time, I have probably about 6 active players but timezones and schedules suck.

You do know a full guild group is 2-4 people right?

I.E. if you have 3 people in your group and are all same guilded, you will complete the conquest objective. The only difference is you will have to walk into the instance. If you wanted to be a jerk, you can queue up and boot the person that pugs in.

I.E. if you have 3 people in your group and are all same guilded, you will complete the conquest objective. The only difference is you will have to walk into the instance. If you wanted to be a jerk, you can queue up and boot the person that pugs in.

The notes don't say anything about using group finder for the guild only Flashpoint Rally.

As someone who purchased that guild perk and dual logged my way through it with just my two accounts, it seems to me that this is a good change...giving it to everyone and freeing up that perk slot for the guild.

I dont want to be a jerk, and besides what effect does it have on you if it's full guild group or not? I suggest not, because not everyone has the ability to have a full guild group. The large guilds are going to dominate anyway, just as they always have and always will, so what's it to you if we get something as small as removing the full guild group requirement?

Flashpoint rally you only need to have 2 guildies (2 people total) I've done a 2 man Vet hammer station for this conquest goal. However BW should fix the Warzone rally because it only works if your in a full 4 man premade.

You are indeed correct! We have no plans on touching the Stronghold bonus.

In other news, I have two more adjustments we have made on our end. These changes aren't on the PTS yet, but these will go into effect next time Conquest is updated.

• Planets will be opened up to all players who meet the level requirement to go to that planet.
    • (For example, level 75 players can complete the objectives on Alderaan, Tatooine, ect.)

[*]The Level 71+ bracket will have the objectives for Story and Veteran Flashpoints, as well as Master.

The feedback here has been very helpful, thank you all for the input!

i am sorry but i am not sure i understand very well : as all my characters are now 75, if i do story, veteran fp, they will not count anymore for my personal conquest. I need to do Master mode ?

i am one of those players who are not good enough for Master mode (due to health, or simply getting older and older :p) so what will be left for me on the personal conquest ?

i am sorry but i am not sure i understand very well : as all my characters are now 75, if i do story, veteran fp, they will not count anymore for my personal conquest. I need to do Master mode ?

i am one of those players who are not good enough for Master mode (due to health, or simply getting older and older :p) so what will be left for me on the personal conquest ?

What you quoted was them saying they added in the ability for story and veteran to count for 71+. Originally, in this rework, only master mode counted. (Then people complained, pointing out that not everybody can/wants to do master mode, so they had fewer objectives they could do.)

What you quoted was them saying they added in the ability for story and veteran to count for 71+. Originally, in this rework, only master mode counted. (Then people complained, pointing out that not everybody can/wants to do master mode, so they had fewer objectives they could do.)

for the 75 bracket, can i still do the story/veteran ones or i am now to do Master Mode for my personal conquest ?

for the 75 bracket, can i still do the story/veteran ones or i am now to do Master Mode for my personal conquest ?

Yes, you will get conquest credit regardless of the difficulty level you choose.

That's what I interpret those notes as saying.

The BIGGEST problem that I see with conquest is how poorly PVE players are treated with it. If you're a big PVPer, you can EASILY get your conquest goal on a number of toons just by simply queueing for PVP. They have all these repeatable missions that give them TONS of points.

Meanwhile, PVEers get a single weekly that can only be gotten on a single toon. There is no easy path for PVEers to make their goals on a number of toons. Why aren't there more high-value conquest objectives for Flashpoints and operations? At best, if I queue for a flashpoint, I can get 1 objective a day. Meanwhile, PVPers can queue for match after match after match and get conquest points every time. Do the same for PVEers. Queue for a FP: Get points. Queue for another? More points. Queue for another? More points. Queue for an op? BIG points. (ops should honestly give like 25k points and be infinitely repeatable). HM ops should give 50k (yeah, it should fully complete your conquest goals). Your typical HM op takes at least 2 hours. Players should be rewarded for doing it.

The BIGGEST problem that I see with conquest is how poorly PVE players are treated with it. If you're a big PVPer, you can EASILY get your conquest goal on a number of toons just by simply queueing for PVP. They have all these repeatable missions that give them TONS of points.

Meanwhile, PVEers get a single weekly that can only be gotten on a single toon. There is no easy path for PVEers to make their goals on a number of toons. Why aren't there more high-value conquest objectives for Flashpoints and operations? At best, if I queue for a flashpoint, I can get 1 objective a day. Meanwhile, PVPers can queue for match after match after match and get conquest points every time. Do the same for PVEers. Queue for a FP: Get points. Queue for another? More points. Queue for another? More points. Queue for an op? BIG points. (ops should honestly give like 25k points and be infinitely repeatable). HM ops should give 50k (yeah, it should fully complete your conquest goals). Your typical HM op takes at least 2 hours. Players should be rewarded for doing it.

I guess that depends on how you define PVEer. I can get 3 toons up to 50k each, or more, on test center right now. Alone. If there were actual people to group with, it'd go even faster by the time the 3rd toon came around.

But if you mean ONLY doing group finder activities...well...can't say because I can't test that.

Here is an idea for the cq farmers: Instead of instant cq points for the kills, they all go to escrow. Then when the op is completed in Full, meaning you have to kill all bosses from the first boss to the last boss and the op is completed Only then do you get the cq points for that op. Other wise you will not get any cq points. I do not like what people are doing because it is killing the op for those of us who love doing full ops; because we are being punished for that love by their actions and the 'fix' reactions. I know there are unlaying issues like coding and what if you disconnect, but we are all being hurt by those who exploit the op farming for cq. Edited by Drayka
forgot title

On the Trade Emporium week of conquest, Imperial players get Flashpoint: Black Talon (Master Mode) as an objective, but Republic players do not have Esseles as an objective. I noticed that in one of the other weeks' list of objectives where Black Talon was available for Imperials but Esseles was not for Republic.

On a separate note, Companion: Influencer auto completes on the first toon I log into each day on the PTS. These toons all have companions at or near 50 already. I haven't logged in on a toon without a companion at 1 to test.

Also for Trade Emporium, levels 10-49 have Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders available for any difficulty mode, and levels 71-75 have Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders (Master Mode). Is there going to be something to ensure that completing Master Mode Mandalorian Raiders won't lock out Flashpoint: Mandalorian Raiders for a lower level toon running it later on in the same day?

Edited by go_rogue

Here is an idea for the cq farmers: Instead of instant cq points for the kills, they all go to escrow. Then when the op is completed in Full, meaning you have to kill all bosses from the first boss to the last boss and the op is completed Only then do you get the cq points for that op. Other wise you will not get any cq points. I do not like what people are doing because it is killing the op for those of us who love doing full ops; because we are being punished for that love by their actions and the 'fix' reactions. I know there are unlaying issues like coding and what if you disconnect, but we are all being hurt by those who exploit the op farming for cq.

You don't like progression raiders, do you? :)

I understand your idea behind this, but putting CQ points behind last boss won't do any good. There are lots of people who are not competent enough to finish an operation, not even in story mode. It's not a problem if you have 4-5 competent people in the group, you can brute force it through pretty much anything. However there are still some sm ops that have mechanics, where people need to be alive or click something at certain time. Even if you'd try to explain them what to do, they don't, don't want to or don't care. Good luck trying to finish the ops with those kind of people. And ofc then there is HM and NiM, where failure rate gets a lot higher.

Your suggestion would take away conquest points from raiders, especially progression raiders, which doesn't sound really fair. The problem is not farming trash, the problem is CQ in general.

P.s. Farming CQ points with operation trash is not an "exploit". :)

There was a small update.

I logged in to check a few things out briefly.

CZ198 "rampage" is once again available to lvl 75. However it seems only the first 25 count. I'm pretty sure I killed another 50 after that, including the sewer rats, but didn't get a 2nd level CQ objective notification.

I only had limited time on this morning so I couldn't really look at many other things.

For Mechanical Warfare:

Levels 10-49 get 4 flashpoints. Levels 50-70 only have 1 flashpoint. Levels 71-75 have 6 flashpoints, but all on Master Mode. I recommend having an equal number of flashpoints available for each tier. Secondly, not everyone at 75 is capable of doing Master Mode flashpoints. Recommend making them for any difficulty. Also, again, Black Talon, Boarding Party, and The Foundry are listed for Imperial side, but Eselles, Taral V, and Maelstrom Prison are not available at all for Republic side. If there's an Imperial-only flashpoint available, the equivalent Republic-only flashpoint needs to be available, too. This has been across several different conquest weeks now. Yes, I know the PTS hasn't seen updates every week to show everything, but I just want to mention this repeatedly to make sure it is fixed prior to going live next week.