Shae Vizla Companion

tgunes

BioWare already stated after the Shae/Nico re-release debacle

That sub rewards from then on would be completely new and not re-released. And if they do bring back old sub rewards, it will be monetary (like what they did with HK-55 chapter) , and they want to include people who already have the rewards in the decisions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody going to mention how ridiculous it is that the best DPS companion is unobtainable for new subscribers?

She's not better by a small margin, it's a massive one. They don't have to bring Shae back but at least bring her in line with the other companions.

I played SWTOR for 3 years shortly after it came out and then took a 3 year break. I came back about 2 months ago and was kind of bummed that I missed out on all the bonus companions that they made (I didn't get any bonus companions for the 3 years I subbed). I understand that people that subbed during this time want their reward for subbing to mean something (i.e. they at least got some bonus companions for subbing when others didn't). But it would be nice to be able to get some of them, even if it is a cartel market item....like the hk-55 that you can buy with about 8 months of cartel coins (i.e. you have to be subbed for 8 months and not spend any of the cc's they give you to afford him).

But honestly, I really like the idea that they change/add to the system from just sub on a particular date, to total number of months subbed. So, if you have 12 months of total subscriptions you get X companion. If you have 24 months of total months subbed, you get Y companion. It seems smarter business-wise, and the old subscribers can't really complain that they subbed all those years for nothing. I mean the idea is to encourage and reward subscribers right? Doesn't this do this? And, it does it without pissing off the current subscribers (or shouldn't), without cutting off future subscribers or those taking a break (hey, life gets in the way of playing games sometimes) from being encouraged and rewarded for subscribing, and it doesn't really cost BW anything (although they should continue making new rewards occasionally).

Anyway, it seems a better system than they have now to me, which rewards players for subscribing for a particular month. It seems to me that the total amount of money you put into the game should be rewarded too. I mean put 3 years of subscriptions into the game and get nothing (because they were the "wrong" years). Put 3 months of subscriptions into the game and get 3 cool bonus companions (as long as they are the "right" months). That doesn't seem right to me. Nor does it seems like the way to maximize subscriptions.

The only Subscription rewards I find to be no touchy are the Founder title and the Pre order perks, plus CE items. those were fundamentally for those who had to pony up a lot of $$ upfront. other than those I see no reason other of the rewards people want made into some type of Event rewards. OH and I was getting my DvL armor sets for characters Every New character I made and now I am not which is disappointing cause I hate switching out the armor really wish I could get more of them... thanks!!

Shae Vizla Companion must be return again, last time i cant take this companion.

I believe there are those like me.

+1, Signed. I get it, Nico and Shae Vizla are in the game's opening cinematics (and Shae was the poster girl of this game when it was coming out). Newer players coming in should have a shot at Shae and Nico occassionally.:

Just bring them back again. Tis the season not to be stingy.

(I don't ever use mine for nothing but crafting.)

Edited by Willjb

The only Subscription rewards I find to be no touchy are the Founder title and the Pre order perks, plus CE items. those were fundamentally for those who had to pony up a lot of $$ upfront. other than those I see no reason other of the rewards people want made into some type of Event rewards. OH and I was getting my DvL armor sets for characters Every New character I made and now I am not which is disappointing cause I hate switching out the armor really wish I could get more of them... thanks!!

The pre-order perks weren't a sub reward (nor the CE stuff), they were for purchasing a physical copy of the actual game (or digital version), so -1, Not Signed, it stays with the Founders. Founders title, I hope, would be obvious for actual founders. DvL should come back: +1 Signed, but sub rewards in events - no way, -1. Aside, I agree the actual sub rewards, excluding the Founder's title, should be brought back, but on the CM. PvP ranked should also bring back old color crystals, bc they're tied to directly to gameplay (sub rewards has one, too). (*more clarification to come)

Edited by Willjb

The pre-order perks weren't a sub reward (nor the CE stuff), they were for purchasing a physical copy of the actual game (or digital version), so -1, Not Signed, it stays with the Founders. Founders title, I hope, would be obvious for actual founders. DvL should come back: +1 Signed, but sub rewards in events - no way, -1. Aside, I agree the actual sub rewards, excluding the Founder's title, should be brought back, but on the CM. PvP ranked should also bring back old color crystals, bc they're tied to directly to gameplay (sub rewards has one, too).

Yeah I see your point, but definitely the DvL Armor and other rewards, I still wouldn't mind a chance to get the tank mount, was the only reward I couldn't finish.. :)

all content, especially content with cut scenes should be brought back for current subs including Shae Vizla

as in game rewards would be best, but a limited time event or promotion or cartel market would be fine too

shae vizla herself as a companion grant has no cutscenes, and she appears in kotfe either way

got nothing to do with being a 'snowflake', more to do with people who stuck with the game through "the dark times' when the rats bailed out, and *****ed like ***** about how bad it was, etc, and hoped the game sunk (just check the forums, there was a lot of hate at the time) these people stayed subbed and kept the game going. People want it done fairly for everyone. But people who weren't here are being 'snowflake intitled kids demanding everything when they didn't support the game' now if they did it in a way that benefitted everyone, that would be different.

^Omg, ikr

Edited by Willjb

Encroaching Johnny-come-latelies aren't entitled to sub rewards, albeit their crying, and defeating the purpose of sub rewards to begin with :rolleyes:

but I can agree to Nico & Shae Vizla (which is more than generous).

+1, Signed: NICO & SHAE ONLY.

-1, NOT Signed: rest of sub rewards.

Edited by Willjb

I don't know why some players assume these were one-time-only rewards. It makes sense to make them available again, a lot of players would sub for them. If you already have them, then congrats, you don't have to sub this time to get them. Enjoy the fact you got several years more use out of them than everyone else.

Of course, if they're just interested in hoarding exclusive rewards over those that don't have them for the sake of feeling as special a snowflake as possible, then I could understand why they'd be so against having the rewards made available again.

In any case, I like the idea of a continuous sub reward system in which both old and new promotional content is made available to players. That way both veteran and new/returning players have reason to participate.

^All I see is more cries and trying to undermine the sub rewards system to get your hands on shinies YOU KNOW you DON'T RATE. Players who have stuck with this game throughout the decade and kept the power on through its lowest points shouldn't have their customer loyalty taken for granted because you want what they have all of a sudden and you want it Now. I don't care. You weren't subbed nor followed the rules for said shiny, you DON'T rate said shiny. Tired of seeing the sub system trying to be manipulated and undermined. Go to the CM if you want CM stuff; this is sub rewards (apparently you seemed confused).

Edited by Willjb

• 2 weeks later...
they should really just change all the sub rewards to sub veteran items like Star Trek Online did IMO... unlock things are you progress through the months of subbing.

they did something similar in SWG, can't remember if they were 6 monthly or yearly.

But they could have rewards for 6 montsh subbed, then 12, etc. And have it accumulative, so that if people do drop their subs, they can pick up where they left off, so the don't have to start again.

^All I see is more cries and trying to undermine the sub rewards system to get your hands on shinies YOU KNOW you DON'T RATE. Players who have stuck with this game throughout the decade and kept the power on through its lowest points shouldn't have their customer loyalty taken for granted because you want what they have all of a sudden and you want it Now. I don't care. You weren't subbed nor followed the rules for said shiny, you DON'T rate said shiny. Tired of seeing the sub system trying to be manipulated and undermined. Go to the CM if you want CM stuff; this is sub rewards (apparently you seemed confused).

Getting an inherent gameplay advantage because you happened to be subscribed for a certain month is ridiculous.

There are a few things wrong with your statement here, perhaps the first being that you replied to a post I made over 8 months ago...but anywho.

1. I'm not entirely against exclusive rewards. My concern throughout the years has mostly only ever been for story-related content, like recruiting companion characters into the Alliance as it relates to the lore, or the HK-55 bonus chapter.

2. You're reading a lot into the nature of how the reward is offered to assume that permanent exclusivity was part of the reward. For example, I have the Paxton Rall companion for being a subscriber during a certain month, therefore I received him as a reward for my customer loyalty. But does this imply that the reward will never be offered again to other players? Of course not.

Hypothetically, they could offer him on the CM for some amount of CC, and I would enjoy the benefit of receiving the reward years before others did, and furthermore, not having to pay any CC in order to obtain him.

3. If you're so concerned about players sticking with the game and "keeping the power on through its lowest points", then what better way to entice players to stay active/pay-for-things than by offering them a reward they may have missed previously? I didn't obtain Nico in the first promotion, and therefore, when he was offered again in a second promotion, I didn't hesitate to stay subbed and continue supporting the game.

Of course, that meant that players who had already obtained Nico didn't receive any reward for staying subbed, which is why selling these types of sub rewards through the CM is a much better tactic. On the other hand, gameplay-related rewards like Darth Hexid and Dazh Ranos should be earned though gameplay content alone, which is something the devs have been pretty consistent about when they make old gameplay rewards available again.

Getting an inherent gameplay advantage because you happened to be subscribed for a certain month is ridiculous.

Yeah, that too.

Edited by Drenovade

Just to be clear: I'm 100% fine with Shae being unique so long as she is not by far the best DPS companion. This goes for anything exclusive being the best at something.

Instead of giving everyone Shae I'd rather they release new subscriber rewards.

OTOH, I'm glad they made HK-55 available again because of his circumstances in the story.

Edited by Caalem