Shae Vizla Companion

tgunes

Wrong, what MOST players incessantly ask for in forums: Companions, who have quests. YOU want your stuff that nobody else has been asking for throughout the past few years, so YOU can get the sub rewards nobody is asking for. <Huge Difference> and pretty hypocritical.

:rolleyes: This guy...SMH

There is only so many ways I can explain it to you. I don't know if it's an understanding issue, or just /shrug

People ask for old stuff ALL the time (ALL of the old stuff, just read the forums, go back a few pages) . I never once said that no one should get it, you have though, you've said what you want is more important. That's the difference. I want EVERYONE to get their stuff, which was why a rotational offer or promotion would work.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want EVERYONE to get their stuff, which was why a rotational offer or promotion would work.

As long as it's a timely rotation (not super dragged out), sure, and the MOST ASKED FOR items <by the community> return first/ among the first; still would benefit to see BioWare add some new items in the mix.

(*shuffling most asked for with more obscure sub rewards works, too)

Edited by BlackSilverFire

As long as it's a timely rotation (not super dragged out), sure, and the MOST ASKED FOR items <by the community> return first/ among the first; still would benefit to see BioWare add some new items in the mix.

The rotation would have to be set, if it became what was voted for most, some things that fewer people want might not make the cut. Which again would be unfair, which was my whole point from the very start, it should be done in a fair manner, for everyone. And it should be set by BW, not by us. That assuming they even bother /shrug

What would need to change is a reflection that the story has moved on. The situation in the galaxy was very different when players first acquired Nico and Shae. The alliance was in the process of being formed. The Emperor was still very much a threat.

All that is resolved now, and the story has moved back to the old grind of Imp vs. Pub, so any new DvL should reflect the current state of the story rather than hearken to anything prior.

I like that idea, but not sure how they'd work it, with newer players, etc.

Let's not pay attention to people who want to screw over those who already have these sub rewards by bringing back old sub rewards and not giving anything to people who already have them - like they did last time when they re-released Shae and Nico.

See? Other people can be insulting and negative too, it's not just you!

Let's do whats best for the game and brings more subscribers. I'd rather have and increase of referrals or bigger swtor game budget than and exclusive in game companion.

You see Swtor would probable gain more subs then they'd lose.

Edited by AceMasterSoul

Let's do whats best for the game and brings more subscribers. I'd rather have and increase of referrals or bigger swtor game budget than and exclusive in game companion.

You see Swtor would probable gain more subs then they'd lose.

rereleasing rewards won't bring in any more subs, prefs can buy cc's and buy it, or get people to buy it for them etc. It will however bring more cash to BW, but as we've already seen, when they get more cash, we get.....nothing. It either goes to other 'Cough' games, or straight back to the parent company.

rereleasing rewards won't bring in any more subs, prefs can buy cc's and buy it, or get people to buy it for them etc. It will however bring more cash to BW, but as we've already seen, when they get more cash, we get.....nothing. It either goes to other 'Cough' games, or straight back to the parent company.

I have changed my mind. Well, not really because I still think just selling everything would work, but a long term sub reward program is the way they should go. They could do a rolling reward program, but I think doing a token system for time subbed would be better.

Create a new sub reward token (the question would be how to make it account wide). Award tokens for periods of maintained subscription. For example, one token for every three months of continuous subscription, so four tokens per year. A bonus token for those that buy a 90-day recurring sub, two for 180-day recurring sub, so an additional four tokens per year. And an anniversary grant for maintaining a sub for an entire year, another two tokens. So someone who does a 90-day or 180-day recurring subscription and maintains it for a whole year would receive a total of ten tokens per year, while the monthly plan and ad hoc one-time purchase subs would get six tokens per year (we want to encourage long term commitments, right?).

Then put all of the old sub bonus items, every single one, every droid, every mount, every decoration, every armor set, every companion, etc. on a vendor (or vendors to break it up) and let people buy what they want if they missed it. That would preclude those "but I had to be subbed for six months and a day" arguments because in order to buy that item the person would need to maintain a subscription for however long is needed to acquire the requisite tokens and also have to pay CC's to unlock it for their account. Oh, people will still make those arguments, and someone will be unhappy, but oh well. Can not please everyone.

I have changed my mind. Well, not really because I still think just selling everything would work, but a long term sub reward program is the way they should go. They could do a rolling reward program, but I think doing a token system for time subbed would be better.

Create a new sub reward token (the question would be how to make it account wide). Award tokens for periods of maintained subscription. For example, one token for every three months of continuous subscription, so four tokens per year. A bonus token for those that buy a 90-day recurring sub, two for 180-day recurring sub, so an additional four tokens per year. And an anniversary grant for maintaining a sub for an entire year, another two tokens. So someone who does a 90-day or 180-day recurring subscription and maintains it for a whole year would receive a total of ten tokens per year, while the monthly plan and ad hoc one-time purchase subs would get six tokens per year (we want to encourage long term commitments, right?).

Then put all of the old sub bonus items, every single one, every droid, every mount, every decoration, every armor set, every companion, etc. on a vendor (or vendors to break it up) and let people buy what they want if they missed it. That would preclude those "but I had to be subbed for six months and a day" arguments because in order to buy that item the person would need to maintain a subscription for however long is needed to acquire the requisite tokens and also have to pay CC's to unlock it for their account. Oh, people will still make those arguments, and someone will be unhappy, but oh well. Can not please everyone.

I like the idea, except for the recurring subs getting more tokens. I've been a sub for 8 years, without a break, but it's never been with a recurring sub, used to be time cards (when they had them) then just buying them online. But I can't commit to a recurring sub, as I can't guarantee payment would be there when the sub ran out. I normally buy them close to the end, but usually when I have the spare cash.

But for what another system that for sure in start time will be broken in 100 ways and in general will bring new problems?

Just putting Nico, Shae and Paxton on CM is bad idea?

It's more about putting in a veterans reward program that can benefit everyone, whether you take a break or not. Putting in a system that is truly a reward, and not a joke, like what The shroud chapter, and the companions turned out to be.

If they had a reward system, you might get some complaints, because people are demanding, and want everything now, but you want get the amount of garbage popping up, as we do now.

The simple reply would be that your reward will come in time. I can't see how it would be broken in 100 ways....

Hmm, well personally I prefer on CM because as said earlier I sub only when new Stories comes out so it'd be problematic for me, but I guess it's only me.

Anyway I hope they do return them before 6.2 but if I think about it 10th anniversary is ideal time for it.

Well, Bioware is capable of everything.

I'd like to say also I asked the same on Twitter and got that answer:

"Not any time soon, but this not mean never".

It was on 29 June.

Put the companions on the cartel market.

Can't say you can't if you put the HK-55 chapter on the cartel market, along with HK-55's recruitment.

Yea, it's "story" but Shae also comes with "story"

What story does Shae come with?

What I see is a recruitment alert that takes a few minutes and *that's* *it*. Everything else in-game involving Shae is there whether you have (access to) the companion or not.

What I see is a recruitment alert that takes a few minutes and *that's* *it*. Everything else in-game involving Shae is there whether you have (access to) the companion or not.

She is in a flashpoint in the Rishi portion of the Shadow of Revan storyline and also in cut scenes on Darvanis later with Torian.

Edited by xordevoreaux

She is in a flashpoint in the Rishi portion of the Shadow of Revan storyline and also in cut scenes on Darvanis later with Torian.

Which, as Steve noted, is there whether you have Shae as a companion or not. In fact, the story you mention all occurs before you can even recruit Shae as a companion (without using the token). The only story that is directly tied to having Shae as a companion is the short cutscene where Shae agrees to join the Alliance that is part of Shae's Alliance Alert, the script changes depending on how you treat Shae during your time on Darvanis, and a slight change to the cutscene on Mek-Sha if you take Shae with you to talk to the Dar'manda, and I think that is the same whether you have Shae or Torrian (not sure about Akavi).

ETA: and to be clear. I do not care if people want Shae. I have been quite consistent in advocating for all old sub rewards to be sold on the CM. Let us just be honest about why people want Shae. There is the cool factor, there is the "this is an iconic character factor," there is the "I just want it" factor, there is the fact that Shae is the strongest comp in the game factor, but story is not a factor because all of Shae's story is there regardless of being a companion or not.

Edited by ceryxp

Hmm, well personally I prefer on CM because as said earlier I sub only when new Stories comes out so it'd be problematic for me, but I guess it's only me.

Anyway I hope they do return them before 6.2 but if I think about it 10th anniversary is ideal time for it.

Well, Bioware is capable of everything.

I'd like to say also I asked the same on Twitter and got that answer:

"Not any time soon, but this not mean never".

It was on 29 June.

" I sub only when new Stories comes out " * That is one of the biggest issues with rerelease content that was rewarded on certain dates, or over (during) certain periods. Because people stayed during those times, paid a sub, or took part in the event to get these items, which were supposedly only going to be for them only, and never brought back. As I said way back when. Nothing should ever have been brought back BUT because they opened pandoras box, it should all come back.

Any new rewards should be on a sub time bases, so whether you sub for a few months at a time, or stay subbed, you'll get a reward, and we won't have anyone crying because they missed it. We'll still get the inane people who want it there and then, but at least you can point to a reward system, and say bide your time.

*This is not a dig at you, just pointing out why a reward system bypasses a lot of these issues.

But if they did HK-55 on CM and to get that you had to sub for large portion of time in the first place, so what is the problem with doing the same with rest of sub companions? Instead of new strange system?

*This is not a dig at you, just pointing out why a reward system bypasses a lot of these issues.*

Yeah sure...

HK-55's recruitment also comes with an alert that takes a few minutes and *that's* *it*

So if they can do it with HK, they can do it with Shae. Put her on the Cartel Market.

Edited by GeneralGyro

But if they did HK-55 on CM and to get that you had to sub for large portion of time in the first place, so what is the problem with doing the same with rest of sub companions? Instead of new strange system?

*This is not a dig at you, just pointing out why a reward system bypasses a lot of these issues.*

Yeah sure...

I'm sure you can get cream for whatever ails you.

But when you do, go back and read my posts, at no point did I say they shouldn't, in fact in several places, on several threads I've said BECAUSE they released HK, they should release ALL the rewards.

The reward system people have been talking about is an option going forward, that would stop , hopfully most of these type of threads.

I for one would like Master Ranos.

Unfortunately, Master Ranos was granted as a reward for an in-game event and was not a subscriber bonus award. As such there is no, and should not be, any possibility that they will offer Master Ranos as a subscriber bonus award or for sale on the Cartel Market.

OK, but how does *anyone* know what that is?

I mean, you not wrong. Truthfully though, Bioware should have had a subscriber reward system going at steam launch. That would have been the perfect opportunity to re-release the subscriber reward companions, those should stay sub rewards in my opinion, I feel that would have lead to the optimal amount of subscriber.

Edited by AceMasterSoul