Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

I don't think they said it's impossible, just that it's ethically questionable, him being a mass murderer and all.

I mean people from a neighboring thread who believe that "Arcann is a monster who is not worthy to live."But the possibility of redemption shows the opposite.

I do not know how this redemption works, but it seems that it crosses out all previous atrocities.

And after his redemption have nothing to blame?

I mean people from a neighboring thread who believe that "Arcann is a monster who is not worthy to live."But the possibility of redemption shows the opposite.

I do not know how this redemption works, but it seems that it crosses out all previous atrocities.

And after his redemption have nothing to blame?

He maybe able to be redeemed in the eyes of the Outlander, Senya, Lana and Theron but I really doubt the rest of the galaxy will be quick to forgive him, hell, if he had survived regardless, then these uprisings against the Alliance and Theron's defection would make a lot more sense.

Romancing him might even cause more uprisings.

Edited by Paulsutherland

I don't think they said it's impossible, just that it's ethically questionable, him being a mass murderer and all.

Questionable sure, especially since ethics isn't a set quality from individual to individual, but generally the posters they're talking about aren't approaching it that way; They seem personally offended/attacked by the fact that people have different approaches/responses to them. To the extent that they go searching for people who disagree to...I don't know :confused: Change their viewpoint? Shame them? Do they honestly believe that anyone who already has an opinion on the subject is going to change their mind based on that tactic? Never mind why they would think this was necessary in connection with a fictional pastime.

Eh this is getting to serious, suffice it to say not everyone in either camp feels that way. Mustn't let the extreme elements prevent meaningful/entertaining debate. Just need to try to show each other respect I guess.

So Paulsutherland any fun Vaylin tidbits :D? Lets lighten the mood!

So Paulsutherland any fun Vaylin tidbits :D? Lets lighten the mood!

Eshvara ... for the record ... it was him!

Well, I know I just said the galaxy wouldn't like it if they redeemed Arcann, bla bla bla ... but if I can get Vaylin back, **** em! ... I'm Emperor, I'll do whatever the hell I want. If they even think about taking a shot at her, then we'll play 'Ziost the [insert Planet]' ... right now I'm unsure on the rules, but, I'll work something out later.

It's from this letter https://i.imgur.com/1kgSrlp.png

Oh you spectacular human being :eek::D (or so I assume ;) feel free to correct me. I shall apologise most fervently) Thank you, Saving this. I really love the letters/emails (Holomails?).

He maybe able to be redeemed in the eyes of the Outlander, Senya, Lana and Theron but I really doubt the rest of the galaxy will be quick to forgive him, hell, if he had survived regardless, then these uprisings against the Alliance and Theron's defection would make a lot more sense.

Romancing him might even cause more uprisings.

Also correct. Unlikely that it would all be centred on one event, an important trigger for some though perhaps?

Edit:

Eshvara ... for the record ... it was him!

Well, I know I just said the galaxy wouldn't like it if they redeemed Arcann, bla bla bla ... but if I can get Vaylin back, **** em! ... I'm Emperor, I'll do whatever the hell I want. If they even think about taking a shot at her, then we'll play 'Ziost the [insert Planet]' ... right now I'm unsure on the rules, but, I'll work something out later.

Yes I assume all responsibility! :rak_05:

Also you and I seem to have some similar priorities regarding Vaylin/Arcann. Always nice to meet a fellow spirit.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused
Addition

Frankly, I'm really surprised by the situation. More precisely, the complete absence of the galaxy's reaction to the fact that the in Alliance was accepted by the former tyrant without any trial of him.

It seems to me, only with the advent of Arcann, half of the Alliance was supposed to escape with screams, and the second half urgently called a psychiatrist to the Outlander.

In fact, the adoption of Arcann in the Alliance in the form of an ally (and not a prisoner) could become the beginning of not only uprisings, but also of war.

I can imagine what resonance in the galaxy will be caused by the news of the Outlander's marriage with Arcann.:t_confused:

Also correct. Unlikely that it would all be centred on one event, an important trigger for some though perhaps?

No idea on this, assuming we get more chapters for KOTET that has Arcann taking on a role, we'd also have to acknowledge those who killed him. (which imo would likely have Lana taking on the role).

In fact I would like to see a chapter focusing on the uprisings, and maybe someone taking a shot at him. (or Lana) as revenge for something the Alliance has done.

Frankly, I'm really surprised by the situation. More precisely, the complete absence of the galaxy's reaction to the fact that the in Alliance was accepted by the former tyrant without any trial of him.

It seems to me, only with the advent of Arcann, half of the Alliance was supposed to escape with screams, and the second half urgently called a psychiatrist to the Outlander.

In fact, the adoption of Arcann in the Alliance in the form of an ally (and not a prisoner) could become the beginning of not only uprisings, but also of war.

I can imagine what resonance in the galaxy will be caused by the news of the Outlander's marriage with Arcann.:t_confused:

Eh they need you to win a war, they'll worry about managing you/your alliance after. Which from a certain point of view, they may already be doing.

No idea on this, assuming we get more chapters for KOTET that has Arcann taking on a role, we'd also have to acknowledge those who killed him. (which imo would likely have Lana taking on the role).

In fact I would like to see a chapter focusing on the uprisings, and maybe someone taking a shot at him. (or Lana) as revenge for something the Alliance has done.

YES (Ironically seething with rage at the thought) It would be relevant, also interesting. Might help people who want to see more fallout rather than just assume/read it in letters.

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused
Forgot Bold

I honestly expected and wanted outrage as soon as you land on odessen, and the troopers(?) Point their guns at him. Then they just back off as if its nothing! I mean, it wouldn't have made a difference, but it would seem more fitting if they threw a fit, attacked, walked out!

:rak_03:

I want my marriage to be on Zakuul.:rak_03: All fancy and stuff! :D

/One can dream.🤓

Edited by Eshvara

True. He is a hatesink now and with a very good reason.

I wounder if devs had something in the works to justify his presence before the famous "limited resources and time" struck. Everything after KOTET seem so rushed and makes so little sense.

It would be nice to have some reaction. It would be nice to see Arcann actually doing something for the Alliance and maybe, just maybe earning a little bit of "at least he is useful to have around as a meatshield". Now all you can do is to use him as a companion or... nothing really.

I guess this bare husk of a story with missing bones and no meat at all can be a reason why we run wild on forums. If we had more content, if original companions were returning in chapters and had more interaction, if our PC was not limited to Stupid Good or Chaotic Evil reactions, if Lana and Theron were not taking all the screen-time, if we had something to sink our teeth in... Perhaps we would not have to write the story for ourselves? I know that if my guild was up, I would be too busy with happily wiping in Ops, definitely not posting walls of texts in a thread dedicated to Arcann (but I would be lurking - you are fun, crazy and crazy awesome ;)).

By the way, I do giggle occasionally then I send Arcann on crew mission. IDK, just imagining him doing all this things in description, it's too funny. Tell me I am not the only one?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I think one thing that lovers and haters of Arcann can agree on is that there should be more negative reactions for him joining the alliance. I guess Bioware was just hurry to finish the story and didn't have time for that.

Agreed, and it's probably because we"not me" but the people! Asked for the story to end? Now we're all sad it's the way it is. Or well to a degree for most of us anyway.

Agreed, and it's probably because we"not me" but the people! Asked for the story to end? Now we're all sad it's the way it is. Or well to a degree for most of us anyway.

If I recall, people wanted to go back to Imp vs Pub, and now that we have Iokath, some are calling for the plot not to go back to Imp vs Pub.

So whatever 6.0 is about, they've already lost unless they can appease both.

Then you've got the whole thing with Theron ... Kill him / Spare him?

Edited by Paulsutherland

By the way, I do giggle occasionally then I send Arcann on crew mission. IDK, just imagining him doing all this things in description, it's too funny. Tell me I am not the only one?

Oh yeah. I do it all the time.

Situations in the game itself are also funny.

I recently had two Emperors of Zakuul (former and current) collected scrap metal and carried socks to Jawa.

If I recall, people wanted to go back to Imp vs Pub, and now that we have Iokath, some are calling for the plot not to go back to Imp vs Pub.

So whatever 6.0 is about, they've already lost unless they can appease both.

Then you've got the whole thing with Theron ... Kill him / Spare him?

Probably.:o I guess Therons should be based on choice but not be shafted like old Companions. Which could happen due to the whole Arcann getting a romance while he's dead for some.

Wow, you people have beeb busy have been busy while I was gone. :D

I'll add my thoughts to this: I found Arcann (and his family in general) to be fascinating, though I admit that I disliked the whole Eternal Empire story at first (though I was excited for the chance that the Empire and Republic would work together). It wasn't until when the Betrayed-trailer for KoTET was released that made me really feel bad for Valkorion's family and everything else within the story began to seem interesting. When you got to the chance to recruit Arcann, I took it, since I truly wanted to believe that he wanted to redeem himself (just as Jaime Lannister does in George R:R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire).

He has done terrible things, like so many other characters in Star Wars history. That he wants to redeem himself won't wash away the horrible things that he has committed, but I truly, and I mean it, believe that the good in him has surfaced and that he wants to change.

I'm most curious to see whether we'll actually get any reaction from the Galaxy (and from within the Alliance too) that the former Emperor of Zakuul has joined forces with the Outlander. Surely such event wouldn't be missed?

Edited by Rebamcfan

Oh yeah. I do it all the time.

Situations in the game itself are also funny.

I recently had two Emperors of Zakuul (former and current) collected scrap metal and carried socks to Jawa.

Have you picked up any poop at Section X since your rise to Emperor? :o

Probably.:o I guess Therons should be based on choice but not be shafted like old Companions. Which could happen due to the whole Arcann getting a romance while he's dead for some.

Unless Theron's going to come back and say "Hey Boss, I found you a Vaylin companion." he's dead.

He has done terrible things, like so many other characters in Star Wars history. That he wants to redeem himself won't wash away the horrible things that he has committed, but I truly, and I mean it, believe that the good in him has surfaced and that he wants to change.

Indeed!

Unless Theron's going to come back and say "Hey Boss, I found you a Vaylin companion." he's dead.

Paul, if you want to murder everybody you won't have any NPC's left in your game.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

Good, then I'll go play with the Belsavis Mother Machine to make some people who won't betray me.

That reminds me, didn't you think that during kotfe, they always made it seem like Vaylin was waiting for the right time to betray Arcann? She always seemed insincere and generally "meh" around him. The he goes and turns his back on her to save his mom. (Not that I mind) but for me it was quite the plot twist!

think the hardest part would be convince the one you make that you are not going to betray her or want to control her ;)

I'll ake several dozen Senya's for her to kill repeatable ... she'll be happy. As for the Belsavis Machine ... if it even thinks of trying to overpower me, that Vista disk will be in one of it's slots before it knows whats happening.

That reminds me, didn't you think that during kotfe, they always made it seem like Vaylin was waiting for the right time to betray Arcann? She always seemed insincere and generally "meh" around him. The he goes and turns his back on her to save his mom. (Not that I mind) but for me it was quite the plot twist!

First time I did it, I thought we were going to turn Vaylin on Arcann.