Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Oh, you have been to "Anti-Arcann" thread?

*hands over a mug of cocoa and a cookie

I was thinking that talking about fictional characters with people who have different opinions can lead to an interesting debate, show you something you missed and prevent going overboard with "fan" part (speaking for myself only, can get carried away), but... Apparently it means that you are just deluded and is certain cases not worthy of respect. Which is a pity, I have seen some very logical and well thought out arguments in that topic. But hey, thats Internet ;)

I actually stopped reading - and I think it is better to stop trying to discuss with them. It just keeps getting them food to attack people. I do understand their concerns and even find some of them valid - I like other LIs too and want them back. But some really make it such as people who like Arcann or at least that we get an Arcann romance (you don't have to be fan of Arcann to like that we get more LI options) are against all other companions or content.

This is just wrong. And then you have spiteful and hateful written posts attacking people who are for an Arcann romance and then claiming they are the ones who get attacked. At this point I can't take them any serious anymore. Not with the name calling, insults and spiteful hate speaches going on. Nobody is denying them to hate Arcann or to hate the romance or to prefer other content. And to downvote an character appreciation thread just because they hate the character is disgusting. This makes it kind of personal - as they want to attack the posters rather than telling Bioware what they do want instead.

So just concentrating on this thread is the best option in my opinion.

Yes please! But Arcann needs a new arm for this romance the one he has looks painful for hugging. Bring in that Dr. from DK!

You think? I don't mind it to be honest. And I don't mind his scars. But I find this quite often for characters that they look really good with the scars. Not a reason to get some of course but I don't mind scars in general.

I wonder if we get more customization options - other companions have sometimes customizations that let them look completely different. Imagine we would get some where he has long hair :)

But I like his look so I would very likely keep it.

I'd love to get an Arcann wedding.:rak_03: There has been non since vanilla, it is about time! I always felt like we'd get the option after all the LI had returned.

Actually I would like to have the option for every LI. But there are people who are not fond of marrying but still want to live together so not accepting a proposal should not end the romance.

I watched all the cut scenes for the stories before I started playing! I always knew even if we didn't get a real Arcann Romance my JC was going to help him atone, heal, and then marry him. Don't get me wrong SW/Vette, JK/Kira, Trooper/Aric, and most beautiful of all Agent/Vector are extremely dear to me, but my Shiny LS pure JC is meant for only Arcann.

I don't take everything the game presents us as canon for my characters. For example we don't have Talos or Zenith or Jonas Balkar as romance options (you can flirt with some but not more). It is just not in the game - but I still imagine for some of my characters that there is more. It is just head canon. But we are free to do that so why not?

And my main Jedi sage who is with Theron (and will stay with him) is a pure LS who will always try to redeem people no matter what they did. So while she is not romancing Arcann she is happy that he is trying to be a better person and will support him with that. If you play as Jedi Knight the Jedis even try to redeem the emperor.

Actually I would like to have the option for every LI. But there are people who are not fond of marrying but still want to live together so not accepting a proposal should not end the romance.

There's only a few, the new romances, that don't have the option or talk so far. Theron, Lana, Koth and soon to be Arcann. Lana and Koth at least should get to the option first since those romances have had in-game time to build up te relationship, progress it and the couple to get closer. No idea wth is going on with Theron at the moment so he may never have that option/talk.

There's only a few, the new romances, that don't have the option or talk so far. Theron, Lana, Koth and soon to be Arcann. Lana and Koth at least should get to the option first since those romances have had in-game time to build up te relationship, progress it and the couple to get closer. No idea wth is going on with Theron at the moment so he may never have that option/talk.

I hope we will get it for Theron too. He is my favourite LI and I hope we get a happy ending with him.

What if Arcann gets together with Jaese and you know ... it comes off. :eek: He'll need the doctor on speed dial!

Nah - he can work around that. But DS Arcann with DS Jaesa would be interesting... people might want to stay far away from them - I imagine it can be quite a explosive relationship.

https://i.imgur.com/FmGZveq.png

Still pretty raw at this point as you can see! I don't think I have the face quite right yet.:o And I have no idea where to even begin with that Bionic forearm and hand.:mad:

Maker have mercy on my sanity! :rak_06::rak_03:

This is great! I'm looking forward to see it finished!

I want DS Arcann for my DS Warrior (no she didn't kill Senya). So Jaesa won't be touching him:cool:

It's funny I didn't care for marriages in the vanilla game even though I like several romances. But I want marriage with Arcann. Although I wouldn't mind too much if there isn't one. I just need them to be together.

I hope we will get it for Theron too. He is my favourite LI and I hope we get a happy ending with him.

I hope so but it doesn't look good so far. Theron is my favourite npc character by far, and I have him paired with my favourite character, my sith warrior lass. They fit together brilliantly, even now. I'd love a happier ending for her but it still fits her character story if she doesn't get one. Only like a couple of the game's romance arcs, and hoping Arcann's can join my very exclusive list lol.

The codex for her did say that there were rumors about her relationship with Arcann being more than just political, but the way she reacted when you redeem him... it kinda smacked of a woman scorned. "I'm amazed you let him live. I wouldn't have been so merciful." or something along those very lines. Either way, she's not in the picture, and Arcann will be ours. :)

I don't remember Acina reacting to this :rak_02: Am I forgetting something?

Eventually, I still have a lot to learn!:o especially in the anatomy department and expressions, coloring and perspective! I'm not all that keen on uploading art in general, so I don't do it that often. I've considered to make an art thread in the fan section for months. :p I just keep going back on it.:rak_01:

Have more faith in yourself :) It's well on par (Anatomy/perspective etc.) with what I saw at university (My ill fated venture into the animation/illustration course) and it's only going to improve with experience/practice. As for personal opinion ...It's beautiful :o:cool: and you are awesome (Would squeal about it in more depth but I will contain myself, can't have you all losing what respect you have for me...assuming you have any of course :p).

Hmmm I'm in a strange mood today.

This is great! I'm looking forward to see it finished!

I want DS Arcann for my DS Warrior (no she didn't kill Senya). So Jaesa won't be touching him:cool:

It's funny I didn't care for marriages in the vanilla game even though I like several romances. But I want marriage with Arcann. Although I wouldn't mind too much if there isn't one. I just need them to be together.

Yeah, marriage isn't necessary. but I would really like it. And thank you!!

Agreed, just like in DA:I You can choose not to marry Cullen but remain his girlfriend.

Yes please! But Arcann needs a new arm for this romance the one he has looks painful for hugging. Bring in that Dr. from DK!

I don't agree, I really like his metal arm and his scars, removing those things mainly the arm makes him a lot less unique physically! imo anyway. I don't think it looks really sharp, probably cold! :p

OMG that looks fantastic! You are really talented. Love to see it when it is finished but already looks great!

Thank you!!

You can report your own post. I just noticed this. :sul_smile: I won't, the poor moderators have enough work. Still in what circumstances would you need such a thing :D it's fun too think about.

I think most of the characters introduced/reintroduced in the expansions got redesigned, plot heavy ones anyway. The graphics have improved since ship, perhaps it shows more in designs that haven't had to stick with base game mesh/textures?

Apparently being an Arcann fan means you never believe Arcann is guilty of any crime! :rolleyes: of course he's guilty of mass murder and War Crimes. The point is he can be redeemed! Why don't others give us some credit for intelligence.

Why is that? I believe. And I am deeply concerned about this. But my characters ...

Smuggler - "Mafia Princess", selling spice, weapons and artifacts, is very far from such trifles as sympathy for some victims there.

The Jedi believe in redemption and are ready to forgive Arсann all the sins.

Sith warrior fully approves of his cruel methods. He himself would have bombed several planets, but no one allowed him. Now they are with Arcann, like brothers.:rolleyes:

Hell, Аrcann is the best antagonist (and best companion) in this game.

As for his crimes - he behaves like a normal Sith. It's strange that many players who play for the DS Sith, blame him for the usual Sith behavior.

You can report your own post. I just noticed this. :sul_smile: I won't, the poor moderators have enough work. Still in what circumstances would you need such a thing :D it's fun too think about.

So let's see - maybe if you feel tired of forum posting and need an out time? But you can't really stop responding so you try to get a ban to be forced to stay off the forums?

Or to try to punish yourself if you posted something against the rules. I mean you could just edit your post but ... or to test the forum moderators if they actually check what you are posting or just ban you for getting a report....

I really don't know but someone thought it might be useful obviously. Just wondering if someone really ever did that.

I don't remember Acina reacting to this :rak_02: Am I forgetting something?

I remember that too - can't remember when she said that though. I will see if I can find it - there might be a video available where we can hear it again.

I hope so but it doesn't look good so far. Theron is my favourite npc character by far, and I have him paired with my favourite character, my sith warrior lass. They fit together brilliantly, even now. I'd love a happier ending for her but it still fits her character story if she doesn't get one. Only like a couple of the game's romance arcs, and hoping Arcann's can join my very exclusive list lol.

Siths deserve happiness too! Doesn't sound fitting I know but still...

Why is that? I believe. And I am deeply concerned about this. But my characters ...

Smuggler - "Mafia Princess", selling spice, weapons and artifacts, is very far from such trifles as sympathy for some victims there.

The Jedi believe in redemption and are ready to forgive Arсann all the sins.

Sith warrior fully approves of his cruel methods. He himself would have bombed several planets, but no one allowed him. Now they are with Arcann, like brothers.:rolleyes:

Hell, Аrcann is the best antagonist (and best companion) in this game.

As for his crimes - he behaves like a normal Sith. It's strange that many players who play for the DS Sith, blame him for the usual Sith behavior.

That is what I think too - sure we don't see Darth Marr blow up 5 planets or any other Sith. But who says they wouldn't if this would fit their agenda? To save the empire or themselves? I totally think they would.

And it is ok - we are talking about fictional characters here. I think Darth Marr, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious are awesome - doesn't mean I like what they are doing.

But the discussion about "this character is better than that character" or "he/she only killed hundreds or thousands" is the wrong discussion - no player should have to justify him/herself for liking or hating a character. It is ok - both of it. We can discuss reasons for liking/hating a character but again, that doesn't mean it is right or false to like/hate a character. This is just personal taste and opinion. And it doesn't matter how many people died - murder is not ok in my opinion no matter how many people died.

I think most of the characters introduced/reintroduced in the expansions got redesigned, plot heavy ones anyway. The graphics have improved since ship, perhaps it shows more in designs that haven't had to stick with base game mesh/textures?

Giving models upgraded textures is one thing, but removing key features with a story behind them is another. He suffered during war, lost an arm, burned his face! It's key to his appearance imo.

And I've reported my own post before, it's an easy way to get a post you made removed or a thread! Though I only did it once.:p:p:D

Edited by Eshvara

So let's see - maybe if you feel tired of forum posting and need an out time? But you can't really stop responding so you try to get a ban to be forced to stay off the forums?

Or to try to punish yourself if you posted something against the rules. I mean you could just edit your post but ... or to test the forum moderators if they actually check what you are posting or just ban you for getting a report....

I really don't know but someone thought it might be useful obviously. Just wondering if someone really ever did that.

I remember that too - can't remember when she said that though. I will see if I can find it - there might be a video available where we can hear it again.

Siths deserve happiness too! Doesn't sound fitting I know but still...

I like everything about this post :i_smile:

I expect someone has by accident (Sounds like something I would do) -Shakes fist- cursed Button, I meant edit, Edit.

Thank you :sul_embarrassed: I would appreciate it if you could find it, but don't put yourself out on my account.

Siths do deserve happiness too, and this has nothing to do with my characters/faves often being them :sul_angel:

But the discussion about "this character is better than that character" or "he/she only killed hundreds or thousands" is the wrong discussion - no player should have to justify him/herself for liking or hating a character. It is ok - both of it. We can discuss reasons for liking/hating a character but again, that doesn't mean it is right or false to like/hate a character. This is just personal taste and opinion. And it doesn't matter how many people died - murder is not ok in my opinion no matter how many people died.

:cool: Your on a roll today :D This^

Giving models upgraded textures is one thing, but removing key features with a story behind them is another. He suffered during war, lost an arm, burned his face! It's key to his appearance imo.

And I've reported my own post before, it's an easy way to get a post you made removed or a thread! Though I only did it once.:p:p:D

Oh no I absolutely agree! wouldn't change a thing. I was talking about the Acina updated design comment :) I adore everything about Arcann's design; the storytelling, the connection to his family and culture :o. As a long time lover of Anakin/Vader I have no difficulty with robotic anatomy of any sort :).

-Cackles- Eshvara your trouble, the best kind :D

Edit:

Kark, double post again :rak_frown:

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused
Edit

That is what I think too - sure we don't see Darth Marr blow up 5 planets or any other Sith. But who says they wouldn't if this would fit their agenda? To save the empire or themselves? I totally think they would.

And it is ok - we are talking about fictional characters here. I think Darth Marr, Darth Vader and Darth Sidious are awesome - doesn't mean I like what they are doing.

I think if Arсann was the Lord of the Sith and served the Empire, and bombed the five planets of the Republic, he was perceived quite differently. All players of the imperial side would be delighted and put it at the level of Darth Marr and Darth Malgus, and maybe even on the level of Revan.

The Valkorion's family falls out of the "Sith-Jedi" area, and so Arcann is not compared to the game characters (Darth Malak bombed Taris), but to the tyrants of our reality (Hitler). And the hatred for the tyrants RL is transferred to him.

But reality and game are completely different things. The developers themselves have shown that for Arcann there is a "redemption". So why do players persist that it's impossible?

Oh no I absolutely agree! wouldn't change a thing. I was talking about the Acina updated design comment :) I adore everything about Arcann's design; the storytelling, the connection to his family and culture :o. As a long time lover of Anakin/Vader I have no difficulty with robotic anatomy of any sort :).

-Cackles- Eshvara your trouble, the best kind :D

Edit:

Kark, double post again :rak_frown:

I agree!!, really love modifications. I'd have a cyborg body myself if I could.:rak_03: /nerd:p:D

lol!:D

Keeps the forums active.:rak_03: We don't mind.

The developers themselves have shown that for Arcann there is a "redemption". So why do players persist that it's impossible?

Because for them it is? They don't believe/want it? depends on the poster really. What baffles me is the need to control how other people feel. Not just how they act but how they feel (-Shudders- the whole concept gives me hives).

I agree!!, really love modifications. I'd have a cyborg body myself if I could.:rak_03: /nerd:p:D

lol!:D

Keeps the forums active.:rak_03: We don't mind.

Your all lovely. Also enablers but mostly lovely ;)

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused
Edit