Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

https://i.imgur.com/FmGZveq.png

Still pretty raw at this point as you can see! I don't think I have the face quite right yet.:o And I have no idea where to even begin with that Bionic forearm and hand.:mad:

Maker have mercy on my sanity! :rak_06::rak_03:

My God, even in this form it's fantastic! Are you going to work somewhere? On Deviantart, for example?

I now can not fall asleep!:o

Eventually, I still have a lot to learn!:o especially in the anatomy department and expressions, coloring and perspective! I'm not all that keen on uploading art in general, so I don't do it that often. I've considered to make an art thread in the fan section for months. :p I just keep going back on it.:rak_01:

https://i.imgur.com/FmGZveq.png

Still pretty raw at this point as you can see! I don't think I have the face quite right yet.:o And I have no idea where to even begin with that Bionic forearm and hand.:mad:

Maker have mercy on my sanity! :rak_06::rak_03:

That's awesome Eshavara, a beautiful piece of art! And Arcann is gorgeous! :)

Edited by Rebamcfan

Apparently being an Arcann fan means you never believe Arcann is guilty of any crime! :rolleyes: of course he's guilty of mass murder and War Crimes. The point is he can be redeemed! Why don't others give us some credit for intelligence.

It's a losing battle, I've seen some people saying that after his redemption arc and end of the story, they still feel like somehow he'll betray you if you were to play the lightsome story, which they haven't.

I find that really confusing but maybe that's just me.:rak_02:

I mean, he clearly doesn't betray you, what's the point of saying he will, when he doesn't? Am I missing something?:confused:

As for the amounts that Arcann killed during the 5 core world's nobody even knows the name of, Senya says millions, for the people who don't like him, that means billions, some in the high hundreds. Maybe Senya is wrong and maybe the death toll was higher than she thought it was, but the people on the opposite side seem to really stand by it being billions! I guess I'll go with what Senya says, not to excuse what he has done, but that's the only real answer we know.

What others want to make of it is their problem I guess.

Apparently being an Arcann fan means you never believe Arcann is guilty of any crime! :rolleyes: of course he's guilty of mass murder and War Crimes. The point is he can be redeemed! Why don't others give us some credit for intelligence.

Oh, you have been to "Anti-Arcann" thread?

*hands over a mug of cocoa and a cookie

I was thinking that talking about fictional characters with people who have different opinions can lead to an interesting debate, show you something you missed and prevent going overboard with "fan" part (speaking for myself only, can get carried away), but... Apparently it means that you are just deluded and is certain cases not worthy of respect. Which is a pity, I have seen some very logical and well thought out arguments in that topic. But hey, thats Internet ;)

It's a losing battle, I've seen some people saying that after his redemption arc and end of the story, they still feel like somehow he'll betray you if you were to play the lightsome story, which they haven't.

I find that really confusing but maybe that's just me.:rak_02:

I mean, he clearly doesn't betray you, what's the point of saying he will, when he doesn't? Am I missing something?:confused:

As for the amounts that Arcann killed during the 5 core world's nobody even knows the name of, Senya says millions, for the people who don't like him, that means billions, some in the high hundreds. Maybe Senya is wrong and maybe the death toll was higher than she thought it was, but the people on the opposite side seem to really stand by it being billions! I guess I'll go with what Senya says, not to excuse what he has done, but that's the only real answer we know.

What others want to make of it is their problem I guess.

Yeah, as you said Senya's guess is the only number we have, there is nothing to base a billion or trillion number on yet. Doesn't mean millions is a good thing, definitely not, but exaggerating the number doesn't help anyone.

Arcann is far from a perfect character, he was a great villain though, and I love the idea of a villain being something else over time. and a killable character getting more new content finally. I still like the character, wouldn't bother talking about him if I didn't. I just think I approach everything a way that confuses people on both sides of the emotional fights lol.

I sometimes feel like need a note at the top of every post saying "smile and think of a cute puppy or kitten, ok now go read.. so you're not pre-judging my standpoint" rofl.

Oh, you have been to "Anti-Arcann" thread?

*hands over a mug of cocoa and a cookie

I was thinking that talking about fictional characters with people who have different opinions can lead to an interesting debate, show you something you missed and prevent going overboard with "fan" part (speaking for myself only, can get carried away), but... Apparently it means that you are just deluded and is certain cases not worthy of respect. Which is a pity, I have seen some very logical and well thought out arguments in that topic. But hey, thats Internet ;)

There really are some people who can respectfully discuss differing views about characters or events without getting overly emotional or judgmental. It's rare but they are out there! I tend to skip over any over-emotional type text/wording in sentences and try and pick out the more logical parts of their arguments. Not always easy.

Edited by Asmodesu

Yeah, as you said Senya's guess is the only number we have, there is nothing to base a billion or trillion number on yet. Doesn't mean millions is a good thing, definitely not, but exaggerating the number doesn't help anyone.

Arcann is far from a perfect character, he was a great villain though, and I love the idea of a villain being something else over time. and a killable character getting more new content finally. I still like the character, wouldn't bother talking about him if I didn't. I just think I approach everything a way that confuses people on both sides of the emotional fights lol.

I sometimes feel like need a note at the top of every post saying "smile and think of a cute puppy or kitten, ok now go read.. so you're not pre-judging my standpoint" rofl.

I agree, it's nice that villains don't always have to die! Maybe .biased, as I have a villain complex.:rak_03: But still! I was an Arcann fan since chapter one, I don't really care about what he did, I find it hard to relate to some unknown Zakuulian planets.

I try not to get huffy but when people misquote sources, do not look at suggested unbiased evidence, and do not know the proper definition of words like genocide or atonement then its hard for me. I do not condone or approve of Arcann's actions as Emperor of Zakuul, people who tell me I do make me crazy. :mad:

I agree, it's nice that villains don't always have to die! Maybe .biased, as I have a villaine complex.:rak_03: But still! I was an Arcann fan since chapter one, I don't really care about what he did, I find it hard to relate to some unknown Zakuulian planets.

I wasn't a fan in the same way as you. But for a villain, I loved the story revolving around the entire thing in KotFE. Valorion, Senya, Arcann, Vaylin and the player character. It was quite a personal thing, and intriguing when talking to them all. Hard to describe right now, but I was a fan of him as the villain, he was a good villain. He had moments of doubt, regret and complete sithy-harshness. Power he wanted, something his dad never gave him. He yanked in the republic and Empire to prove he was more powerful, and couldn't be bothered ruling them, just asked for tribute and set a couple rules and left them be otherwise. Until the Alliance happened, then he got personal because dad was free again. He was pragmatic (in the dealing with stuff practically, not theoretically meaning of the word), and nowhere near as cruel as his sister, she took joy and delight in blowing stuff up. Even in the Mandalorian chapter it was her pushing to blow it up, and Arcann just sat back until he realised his father was there (the Outlander) then he went to full blow stuff up mode, too lat. Calls her up when she force pushes a zakuul knight off the bridge in the throne room etc.

I enjoyed his recruitment arc, it was very different to what I expected and I felt more for him during that arc. Never once thought of a romance until it was teased, then confirmed lol, and thought huh, I wanna try that too then.

I wasn't a fan in the same way as you. But for a villain, I loved the story revolving around the entire thing in KotFE. Valorion, Senya, Arcann, Vaylin and the player character. It was quite a personal thing, and intriguing when talking to them all. Hard to describe right now, but I was a fan of him as the villain, he was a good villain. He had moments of doubt, regret and complete sithy-harshness. Power he wanted, something his dad never gave him. He yanked in the republic and Empire to prove he was more powerful, and couldn't be bothered ruling them, just asked for tribute and set a couple rules and left them be otherwise. Until the Alliance happened, then he got personal because dad was free again. He was pragmatic (in the dealing with stuff practically, not theoretically meaning of the word), and nowhere near as cruel as his sister, she took joy and delight in blowing stuff up. Even in the Mandalorian chapter it was her pushing to blow it up, and Arcann just sat back until he realised his father was there (the Outlander) then he went to full blow stuff up mode, too lat. Calls her up when she force pushes a zakuul knight off the bridge in the throne room etc.

I enjoyed his recruitment arc, it was very different to what I expected and I felt more for him during that arc. Never once thought of a romance until it was teased, then confirmed lol, and thought huh, I wanna try that too then.

My first SI romanced Theron for a while, then I quit it half way through as I wanted to have a toon that was single for Arcann as I never really clicked with Theron. This was during kotfe, I wasn't interested enough in any of the other LI and if it wasn't going to be Arcann then it was going to be nobody!:mad: I guess I was devoted.:rak_03::p

I'm happy that it'll be Arcann though, and no matter how many retaliation threads people make, it won't change anything. That battle was lost the minute they confirmed it. I don't even get why people still try. But okay, they can and will.:rak_03:

My first SI romanced Theron for a while, then I quit it half way through as I wanted to have a toon that was single for Arcann as I never really clicked with Theron. This was during kotfe, I wasn't interested enough in any of the other LI and if it wasn't going to be Arcann then it was going to be nobody!:mad: I guess I was devoted.:rak_03::p

I'm happy that it'll be Arcann though, and no matter how many retaliation threads people make, it won't change anything. That battle was lost the minute they confirmed it. I don't even get why people still try. But okay, they can and will.:rak_03:

Aye, it's already written and voiced - sources being creative director and voice actor. The head animator lady was talking about how much thought went into animating his romance cutscene because he's someone people know as not being romantic , paraphrased. So it's easy to assume animating is done too. They hopefully won't scrap all that work based on a few vocal voices against it, which would definitely be a waste of the resources they've already used on it.

Edited by Asmodesu

Aye, it's already written and voiced - sources being creative director and voice actor. The head animator lady was talking about how much thought went into animating his romance cutscene because he's someone people know as not being romantic , paraphrased. So it's easy to assume animating is done too. They hopefully won't scrap all that work based on a few vocal voices against it, which would definitely be a waste of the resources they've already used on it.

Indeed! If they do scrap it, it's not like that money and time is going elsewhere, it had already been spent. There is no 30 day return for a full refund! They also paid their employees for this, so it's natural that you as an employer want them to deliver, not throw away because there are a few people that are angry because it's not the toon they wanted it to be.

I watched all the cut scenes for the stories before I started playing! I always knew even if we didn't get a real Arcann Romance my JC was going to help him atone, heal, and then marry him. Don't get me wrong SW/Vette, JK/Kira, Trooper/Aric, and most beautiful of all Agent/Vector are extremely dear to me, but my Shiny LS pure JC is meant for only Arcann.

I'm a reasonab!le lady, just give me the option of putting the spouses in the legacy family tree.

Yeah I would like that too - we could really need the option to put our companions (better: all NPCs) in the family tree. I mean by this way you could for example add Jonas Balkar or other Characters that are not your companions to the family tree.