Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Huh. Interesting.

I do think of Arcann as someone created and manipulated by Valky to be the antagonist of the next chapter of his long life.

An envious offspring kills his wise father and noble brother. He rules Zakuul (and the Republic and Empire) with an iron fist. Things get worse. But then, a hero comes from distant lands and saves everyone from a tyrant and just had to ascend as the next Emperor – he/she HAS to, or Eternal Fleet will bomb all this worlds back to stone age! As a side bonus, he/she still have all what Arcann conquered, minus the blame. Convenient.

It is hard to hate some fictional charater who had the deck staked against him from the birth. Same way as Empire never had a chance – all resources siphoned away to build Zakuul, constant infighting encouraged, being dragged into one war after another, every chance of victory being denied.

Of course with Vitiate dead you can not blame him for every terrible thing happening in Galaxy. This is why I was so disappointed in Iokath story. And this is why I do like Senya and Arcann – they stopped playing along into Vitiate hands.

I do need to stop all this walls of text.

P.S. For Paul: Vaylin is another matter – she is too unstable and dangerous to be played like that. And was that art about Vaylin and Arcann teaming up again and turning Odessen base into the pile of small ash? Heh.

Thexan, Arcann and Vaylin were just another pawns and victims in Vitiate's game to rule the galaxy and gain immortaility (that makes their story so tragic and close since we witness what happens to a family). I really thought that he was different as Valkorion (well okay, in a way he was) but what happened to Vaylin showed that he was still the same man who wanted to wipe out all life in Galaxy for his own living.

Edited by Rebamcfan

Thexan, Arcann and Vaylin were just another pawns and victims in Vitiate's game to rule the galaxy and gain immortaility (that makes their story so tragic and close since we witness what happens to a family). I really thought that he was different as Valkorion (well okay, in a way he was) but what happened to Vaylin showed that he was still the same man who wanted to wipe out all life in Galaxy for his own living.

And our character was also his pawn and puppet.

I think that Valkorian's plan was to show his children as monsters, and to show the PC as the savior of the galaxy. Destroy childrens (who could challenge the right of the PC to the throne) to capture the body of the PC and ... The New Eternal Emperor is ready!

I do not understand why he did not plan to capture the body Arcann or Vaylin?

And our character was also his pawn and puppet.

I think that Valkorian's plan was to show his children as monsters, and to show the PC as the savior of the galaxy. Destroy childrens (who could challenge the right of the PC to the throne) to capture the body of the PC and ... The New Eternal Emperor is ready!

I do not understand why he did not plan to capture the body Arcann or Vaylin?

The reason how I would see why Valkorion did not try to take over his son or daughter's body was because the PC had garnered his attention after Yavin/Ziost (or as with Force-sensitive classes, during the beginning of Galactic War around chapter 3 in the class stories). He was not paying too much attention at home, and it could also be that he did not view them as threats to him.

Edited by Rebamcfan

The reason how I would see why Valkorion did not try to take over his son or daughter's body was because the PC had garnered his attention after Yavin/Ziost (or as with Force-sensitive classes, during the beginning of Galactic War during the class stories). He was not paying too much attention at home, and it could also be that he did not view them as threats to him.

I think it makes sense. In JK storyline, Vitiate says something about trying out different life paths. Now we know how he was planning to do this - via body surfing.

I do not think that Valky would dare to posses Vaylin. And Arcann wanted everything that his father had, nothing new. I guess PC possible futures were just more interesting? The funny thing that for all Vitiate talk about his plans to leave different lives and how his son lacks ambition, he himself planed for PC to end up on Eternal Throne.

Speaking of Arcanns ambitions:

“The man can have anything, if he is willing to sacrifice.” I do wonder if Arcann ever actually had a clear idea what this “anything” is and if this “anything” will be worth the sacrifice.

He wanted the Eternal Throne – and he got it. Then he had a little bit of “fun” conquering Republic and Sith, proving himself to his father. Just like he dreamed with Thexan. Only his brother was dead. His father was... not quite dead, but close to it. And the war itself was so short and easy that it probably gave him no “tingles” of winning. Beating up two weakened enemies with a vastly superior fleet? Not much to be proud of. And after the “glorious” victory, whats next?

I got an impression that he had no clear idea of what to do. Of course there have been a subplot with tribute going “somewhere” and Star Fortresses and their tasks, but it have been forgotten by the writers it seems. Would actually love to find out. Probably building more ships, going more places and setting them on fire.

I think what he really wanted in the end is to be free of his father, but oh boy, he took a long road to that realization. Well, he sorta got this. Maybe? And what now?

Hope we will get an answer in that fabled “arc”.

What do you think?

P.S. Seriously, is where any prove that Arcann will get more then 2-5 minutes of screen-time?

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I love this guy! Hearing the Arcann like voice makes me feel, a certain way.:rak_03::p From 8 seconds and beyond is just amazing.

Someone send help, I need it!:rak_06:

Oh yeah. His voice is amazing. I never heard a voice that acted like that to me. From this voice the feeling that envelops me like a warm bathrobe.

The Eternal throne ... Valkorian all the time so insistently he suggested to the character that at the end of the KOTET I wanted to just smash this throne with a sledgehammer.

And even threatened to return the throne to Arcann, if the old stump does not shut up.

What do you think?

P.S. Seriously, is where any prove that Arcann will get more then 2-5 minutes of screen-time?

I do not think that devs are going to seriously develop his arc. Given how many of Arcann's haters who killed him, it makes no sense to invest in him a lot of resourses. Most likely, we will get 2-3 minutes, declarations of love, and that's it.

But I really want to be mistaken.:(

I love this guy! Hearing the Arcann like voice makes me feel, a certain way.:rak_03::p From 8 seconds and beyond is just amazing.

Ohhhh! I didn't know he was back on Twitter! /happydance

I was sad when he left because I enjoyed his positive tweets...

And that SEXY voice. omg! Nearly swooned out of my chair listening to him.

Oh yeah. His voice is amazing. I never heard a voice that acted like that to me. From this voice the feeling that envelops me like a warm bathrobe.

Agreed!

Ohhhh! I didn't know he was back on Twitter! /happydance

I was sad when he left because I enjoyed his positive tweets...

And that SEXY voice. omg! Nearly swooned out of my chair listening to him.

Agreed and I feel the exact same way.:rak_03: I could let talk about the most boring things for hours.:D

Think we'll hear anything about Arcann in the roadmap? :eek:

honestly..would be nice if there was absolutely no mention of Arcann in the roadmap....and after the update ( one of it ...)...we just log in...and get a message to go to our room on the base...and he will be there waiting for us <3 ...we will have a very delicate nice, flirty conversation, maybe he does something sweet like getting closer to you and touching your face/hand, nothing to overly sexual lol...just one sweet moment so we can start that romance up :rolleyes: ... then he leaves you to it and we can watch our character turn around to see him leave , and his fine *** ofc , with this midly shocked but incredibly happy face ? :D

mmm...to much ? :rolleyes::D

^Reason why I found it very depressing playing KOTET dark side. To watch the outlander killed the whole family one by one.......Needless to say I rarely touched that character since then besides taking screenshots. DS Arcann is so sexy!

He's a great voice actor! I swooned when I heard his Arcann voice! Bioware always do good with their castings!

If anything I think we are getting really close to the romance. If not in 5.8 it won't be that far away.

I think it makes sense. In JK storyline, Vitiate says something about trying out different life paths. Now we know how he was planning to do this - via body surfing.

I do not think that Valky would dare to posses Vaylin. And Arcann wanted everything that his father had, nothing new. I guess PC possible futures were just more interesting? The funny thing that for all Vitiate talk about his plans to leave different lives and how his son lacks ambition, he himself planed for PC to end up on Eternal Throne.

Speaking of Arcanns ambitions:

“The man can have anything, if he is willing to sacrifice.” I do wonder if Arcann ever actually had a clear idea what this “anything” is and if this “anything” will be worth the sacrifice.

He wanted the Eternal Throne – and he got it. Then he had a little bit of “fun” conquering Republic and Sith, proving himself to his father. Just like he dreamed with Thexan. Only his brother was dead. His father was... not quite dead, but close to it. And the war itself was so short and easy that it probably gave him no “tingles” of winning. Beating up two weakened enemies with a vastly superior fleet? Not much to be proud of. And after the “glorious” victory, whats next?

I got an impression that he had no clear idea of what to do. Of course there have been a subplot with tribute going “somewhere” and Star Fortresses and their tasks, but it have been forgotten by the writers it seems. Would actually love to find out. Probably building more ships, going more places and setting them on fire.

I think what he really wanted in the end is to be free of his father, but oh boy, he took a long road to that realization. Well, he sorta got this. Maybe? And what now?

What do you think?

I'm curious on whether we might we get answer to his motives for taking the Throne at the point when the PC was brought in front of Valkorion.

As for his screen time, considering that resources are scarce, it might be that or more, depending how much they've put time and effort (especially when you consider that there are still LI who have not returned).

Think we'll hear anything about Arcann in the roadmap? :eek:

I think we might hear something, but even if we wouldn't, I'm alright either way. I prefer little secrery and excitment + with all the uproar as of the moment, I believe it would be better to allow other things to shine.

honestly..would be nice if there was absolutely no mention of Arcann in the roadmap....and after the update ( one of it ...)...we just log in...and get a message to go to our room on the base...and he will be there waiting for us <3 ...we will have a very delicate nice, flirty conversation, maybe he does something sweet like getting closer to you and touching your face/hand, nothing to overly sexual lol...just one sweet moment so we can start that romance up :rolleyes: ... then he leaves you to it and we can watch our character turn around to see him leave , and his fine *** ofc , with this midly shocked but incredibly happy face ? :D

I agree, that would be great! :rak_03: As for overly sexual, I don't think swtor has any of that! :D:p

It would be so beautiful! And such content can easily be accommodated in the allotted 5 minutes of screen time.

In fact, one well-placed cutscene can show the passionate beginning of the романсе...:rolleyes:

DS Arcann is so sexy!

DS - is that in a dark suit? Such customization can be bought on the fleet for DS tokens. But I do not like it, I prefer the black and white, the classic version.

And I will never be able to walkthrough the KOTET on the dark side.:o

I suspect someone wants a 'naughty scene' involving Arcann, their character, and their starships rocking back and forth.

Why starships? For this there are Strongholds!

Now the train crash makes sense! Arcann and the Outlander got a little excited in the control room and ... well ... later we discovered the consequences of the Arcann romance! :eek:

ahaahahahahah :D +1 for this , GJ Paul :D:D:D:D

Now the train crash makes sense! Arcann and the Outlander got a little excited in the control room and ... well ... later we discovered the consequences of the Arcann romance! :eek:

It looks like it was exactly like that!

Finally, we learned the real cause of the crash!:D:D:D

*sadly returns from an anti-Arcann tread.

Hey, at least it's fun here :)

i find its best to ignore them....they are selfish immature children who cry if they dont get what they want so no one should get anything because of it...

anyhow....lets not spoil the good mood in here, shall we? :D