Arcann romance appreciation thread! Haters keep out please!❤

Eshvara

Also Senya tells Outlander she and Valk had a decent relationship until the boys were born and that no matter what she did the boys wanted "nothing to do with me..." That's not natural at all. Valky mind domination?

Maybe they learnt Senya sent Vaylin to Nathema and lost any respect that had for her ?

Also Senya tells Outlander she and Valk had a decent relationship until the boys were born and that no matter what she did the boys wanted "nothing to do with me..." That's not natural at all. Valky mind domination?

It could be that or it could be that they viewed Senya as lesser being, someone as less-superior to the Eternal Emperor, admiring Valkorion but not their mother, Senya who doted and wanted their best (even if things with Vaylin went sour :()

Where he compares the PC with his brother? I missed this remark.

First he saw his father in PC, now his brother? I'm afraid that for fem-PC this is not a compliment! :(

As Dusk said, it was in a first letter you get after Valkorion death - “the Future”. I do wounder if the last line is intentionally easy to miss.

:)I guess I took that to mean good with people (Implying he didn't consider himself to be- at least by comparison. Maybe he generally left that to Thexan when he was alive?). Along with some familiar behaviours my head decided socially akward :o.

Looking back at that letter now and “it's a shame you two never met” line, I do think that Arcann is indeed a classic case of “be careful what you wish for”. If his brother was alive, devs would be working on the “killed less people” version of the FMFSR (I am tired of typing “first male force sensitive romance”) and we would have some Thexanites running around!

Yeah, you're right about that now that I think it. Obi-Wan says that he does not want Anakin to know in order to make it more believable and keep the mission intact.

Sometimes Jedi can be... how you call someone who knows that there are this things called “emotions”, but can not fully understand or experience them?

Arcann's past is indefinable until we get new stuff but going off of what is seen... I think he consciously chose to cut himself off from the chance a romantic partner would leave him, like Senya left Valk. I think he wold probably avoid anything that could make him a father. And after Thexan I think he was just done with the idea of needing people period until he saw Senya risking her life for them. Think about it, nobody had ever risked anything for him before in his life. Why would anyone raised like him and Vaylin willingly court possible rejection?

Thats a very good point. I totally forgot about Senya leaving hitting it hard. But if Valk kids were raised in the “you are above others (and alone)” way, would they entertain a possibility that someone may reject a half-god? Would anyone dare to?

Does it mean that PC will have to move first again? I do understand why it is always PC, I do understand why it is always clear what you are getting your toon into... But why so many of the flirt options are as subtle as a flying brick to a face?

I do like that even though we all love Arcann, I think we all see him a different way, I remember in the Arcann hate thread, they said that when you all agree there is no discussion to be found, but people have different opinions around here, they just don't revolve around hating said character, so there isn't any hostility around. I think those are the nicest environments to be in. :)

I think that some points in the anti-Arcann topic are valid. But hostility do ruin any attempt at having a conversation.

It's kind of funny, but doesn't it depend on the option you take? If you choose to say you love someone to my memory, he says when you separate for long enough, your old love will find another?

Or something along those lines, but when you say love isn't for you, he suddenly says something else.

You mean in then you are in the throne room and see the Empire and Republic surrender? It is obviously a coincidence and all... But just look at the background while you have this conversation. Especially if you choose "alone" option. Hmm.

Edited by RandomName_Ru

I think that some points in the anti-Arcann topic are valid. But hostility do ruin any attempt at having a conversation.

Agreed, hostility, and the name calling of Arcann. It's beyond silly. I guess they really have to show their dislike his character by calling him all kind of stupid stuff, or we just might not get the picture!! * Fem SI Voice* (Pathethic):rak_03:

You mean in then you are in the throne room and see the Empire and Republic surrender? It is obviously a coincidence and all... But just look at the background while you have this conversation. Especially if you choose "alone" option. Hmm.
:p

I don't recall what's there. /blush

Oh just Valky kids. I am sure that it just a coincidence or to show that they leave empty lives. Yessss, nothing to see here, move along!

Well for him not having children would have been the better idea, considering he's worse than what we call a deadbeat dad!

Though I am happy he had children or we wouldn't have had Arcann.:rak_03: But still!!

He probably wanted to use his children as vessels or something, but they just weren't good enough?

It sure is interesting, I just hope they won't leave at just a few lines of conversation like with Corso & Risha's return

Yep yep!

Edited by Eshvara

As Dusk said, it was in a first letter you get after Valkorion death - “the Future”. I do wounder if the last line is intentionally easy to miss.

Apparently, I really missed it. It is necessary to look for this line in the letter of my most "fresh" character, who finished the KOTET.

Senya simply did not dare to contradict the wishes of the Emperor, which led to a catastrophe. But leave Vaylin on Nathema? In the hands of inhuman fanatics, for experiments?

It seems to me that Arcann knows only two models of behavior - to manage (like the Emperor), or to serve (to another Emperor). He simply does not know other relations.

And the road to love for him should be long and difficult ... But all this will remain in our headcannon.

It sure is interesting, I just hope they won't leave at just a few lines of conversation like with Corso & Risha's return

Absolutely - I mean all LIs had several scenes and flirt options for their romance - the old ones even marriage options. It would be really bad if new LIs (maybe more to come) only had a single 2 minutes scene.

Apparently, I really missed it. It is necessary to look for this line in the letter of my most "fresh" character, who finished the KOTET.

Senya simply did not dare to contradict the wishes of the Emperor, which led to a catastrophe. But leave Vaylin on Nathema? In the hands of inhuman fanatics, for experiments?

It seems to me that Arcann knows only two models of behavior - to manage (like the Emperor), or to serve (to another Emperor). He simply does not know other relations.

And the road to love for him should be long and difficult ... But all this will remain in our headcannon.

Don't forget to scroll down a little bit!

I was thinking Senya had no idea what have been done to Vaylin and just trusted her husband. After all she loved him and "he have been good to Zakuul" and all. But after Nathema chapter - Senya HAD to feel and know that a place she leave her little girl in is not a "Sunshine and carebears anger management sanatorium"! Then again, Senya probably had no idea about torture and brainwashing and Vaylin have been "troubled" and was killing people left and right... Still, it is no surprise Vaylin hates her mother so much.

Have been thinking something similar, only in terms of relation to others. Letters did seemed a little bit personal, even with all that hints that flew other my head. But if he have only "family", "father" and "servants" mods, it was no suprise. Who could expect something more then respect and maybe trust from a former enemy, if said former enemy compares you to his brother? Talk about mixed messages.

Heh, I am sure that with a little bit of imagination 5 min of cut-scene will not slow this thread down ;)

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Don't forget to scroll down a little bit!

I was thinking Senya had no idea what have been done to Vaylin and just trusted her husband. After all she loved him and "he have been good to Zakuul" and all. But after Nathema chapter - Senya HAD to feel and know that a place she leave her little girl in is not a "Sunshine and carebears anger management sanatorium"! Then again, Senya probably had no idea about torture and brainwashing and Vaylin have been "troubled" and was killing people left and right... Still, it is no surprise Vaylin hates her mother so much.

Have been thinking something similar, only in terms of relation to others. Letters did seemed a little bit personal, even with all that hints that flew other my head. But if he have only "family", "father" and "servants" mods, it was no suprise. Who could expect something more then respect and maybe trust from a former enemy, if said former enemy compares you to his brother? Talk about mixed messages.

Heh, I am sure that with a little bit of imagination 5 min of cut-scene will not slow this thread down ;)

From the betrayed trailer it looks like Senya knows Nathema isn't a good place but she has no other ideas how to help Vaylin, and she trusts her husband (at least to the extent that she doesn't believe he would deliberately harm his kids...). He was their civilizations Emperor/god He'd shaped them going back who knows how long. It was supposed to be safe. When she sensed the terrible change in Vaylin she went to Nathema but it was too late.

We seem to be doing just fine thus far :) Imagine what we could do with actual content:sul_smile:

From the betrayed trailer it looks like Senya knows Nathema isn't a good place but she has no other ideas how to help Vaylin, and she trusts her husband (at least to the extent that she doesn't believe he would deliberately harm his kids...). He was their civilizations Emperor/god He'd shaped them going back who knows how long. It was supposed to be safe. When she sensed the terrible change in Vaylin she went to Nathema but it was too late.

We seem to be doing just fine thus far :) Imagine what we could do with actual content:sul_smile:

I agree with this, but I wonder that was Valkorion honest with Senya when he sent Vaylin to Sanitarium in order to lock her powers away to control her? Like, I got a feeling that he didn't tell her what would be done to Vaylin in Nathema.

I agree with this, but I wonder that was Valkorion honest with Senya when he sent Vaylin to Sanitarium in order to lock her powers away to control her? Like, I got a feeling that he didn't tell her what would be done to Vaylin in Nathema.

I don't think he told her any details (What would be done, or at the very least, how it would be done).

Edit:

I'm not even sure how much she knows about it in present time. She was comatose during our trip to Nathema...She probably only has her own assumptions and any information she can get from Arcann. I think he knows more than she does, but we don't even know what he is aware of. Did either of them read the mission report later? What would have been included?

Edited by DuskIsNotAmused

Eeeyup!:D Very happy you're here and the others as well! 🤗

-Shrugs- You folks made a nice place to come too. On fan made BSN I ended up camping out in Romance/Character threads, not always in the ones I was particularly interested in. The company and general ambiance matters.

This time it is one of my faves :jawa_biggrin: Which makes it Awesome :D

-Shrugs- You folks made a nice place to come too. On fan made BSN I ended up camping out in Romance/Character threads, not always in the ones I was particularly interested in. The company and general ambiance matters.

This time it is one of my faves :jawa_biggrin: Which makes it Awesome :D

Whoohoo \:D/

I think he did not tell her a word of truth, otherwise Senya would not let Vaylin go with him. This old stump just manipulated everyone in its own interests and lied all the time.

Although enough to look at the dead planet and the monks, and to understand how bad it all is.

But when Senya felt that her daughter was in trouble, she tried to save her (in the video).

But when Senya felt that her daughter was in trouble, she tried to save her (in the video).

Yeh. By the way, is it not funny that Sacrifice and Betrayed give more information then several chapters? Of course there are also Codex entries... But I am not sure how reliable they are.

Take Vaylin: apparently Valkorion favored her and was afraid of her at the same time her because she was reminding him of himself in youth. So, after that training incident he caged her. Do not think Senya had any idea about that.

There are some small bits about Thexan and Arcann, Zakuul and war... I was suprised to know that initial invasion involved Balmorra.

Sometimes you get open world NPC conversations, but they are easy to miss :(

Edited by RandomName_Ru

Think Arcann will scratch his butt when he gets an itch? or will he rub himself against one of the rock walls? ;)

-Snorts- the places your mind goes :D

As for Knowledge of what Valky got up too, I honestly wonder what exactly either Senya or Arcann are aware of. Lines of communication in that family were very broken (Valky :mad:).

Yeh. By the way, is it not funny that Sacrifice and Betrayed give more information then several chapters? Of course there are also Codex entries... But I am not sure how reliable they are.

This is because in the chapters we are engaged in the killing of hundreds of skytroopers and other nonsense, and the main theme of KOTFE / KOTET (tragedy of the imperial family) is very little shown. Therefore, for many players Arcann, Vaylin and Senya are simply mobs and antagonists, which need to be killed.