SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

I am still very upset over the removal of many of the Flashpoint and bonus series breadcrumb NPCs.

They didn't completely remove them, just some. The flashpoint ones, all the ones from Hammer Station to Red Reaper (not counting the Revan fps) (just to be clear, Hammer Station, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders, Cademimu, Colicoid Wargames and Red Reaper NPCs on fleet in the main area were removed. not from the mission launch area through the elevator) were removed from the Fleet areas, but they are still on the planets, heck the Colicoid fp guy is still on the space station above Balsavis. :D Also, you can still start the fps from the terminals. The mission starter NPCs for the Revan fps (Taral V and Maelstorm Prison for Republic, and Boarding Party and The Foundry for Imperials) are still there, they don't light up till level 30ish. Derective 7s NPC starter is still there, and the CZ ones, and the Rak ones. (Kaon and Lost Island) All other fps are through the SoR storylines and beyond.

For the bonus series, they removed the Alderaan NPCs from fleet, that's all they removed bonus series wise. The issue now is they are exploration missions, and not main missions. (The show up yellow, and not purple, and you need to have "Show Exploration missions" checked on your map.) They are all in the same place as before. Balmorra and Taris's (both sides) do not unlock until you complete the main planet storyline there. Nar Shadda, Tatooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Balsavis and Voss's bonus series do not unlock until level 60. Don't ask me why, I think it was a stupid choice, but w/e. The point is, they are still there and not removed.

Now I will say they have removed the Section X storyline on both fleets and the BH one for Imperials from fleet, and want those back. (You can still do the BH one for Republic oddly enough, but I think its because its from a terminal, and not a NPC.)

Hope that answered any questions! :D Feel free to ask more if you need. :D

Edited by Lakemine

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for you response. Didn't think that after Monday's implementation that all my characters would be instantly at tier IV. Keep grinding the dailies.

*Raisey hands* Um.....question......what are you responding too? :confused: He is talking about NPCs for the heroics being removed back with 4.0. Not talking about leveling command level. Explain please? :)

Legacy bank contents are not affected by the United Forces update. If you have more than one Legacy and they are integrated during the new United Forces update, then the sum total of the two banks will be added together. If this integration fills your Legacy bank slots, the extra items will go into a special storage called ‘Legacy Overflow’. This overflow will hold your extra items until you make space to withdraw them--you cannot place items into this overflow.
Are we going to get any additional Legacy Bank tabs to reduce the amount of items going into the "overflow", and help us manage multiple Legacies' worth of Legacy items?

Decorations are not impacted by the United Forces update. If you have more than one Legacy which are combined as part of the update, you will have access to each decoration equal to the highest decoration among your Legacies. Ex: On the “Skywalker” Legacy you have 4 Basic Metal Chairs, on the Organa Legacy you have 15 Basic Metal Chairs. After the update, you will have a combined Legacy with 15 Basic Metal Chairs. It is possible that you may end up with more decorations placed than you own after the update. If this happens, you cannot place any more of that decoration until you go below your owned value.
So... I bought 19 chairs, but since I bought them on different servers, you won't let me keep all of them? That's not me having more decos placed than I own, that's you telling me you're taking away 4 of my 19 chairs. If I'm "not impacted" by you taking away stuff I bought, could you tell me just exactly what would qualify as an "impact"?

I understand that you don't want folks getting 'free" decos by doing character transfers back and forth between servers, and ratcheting up their decos counts every time. But this isn't something we are doing. I'm not taking one of my 12 (or more) characters from my "Organa" Legacy, transferring it to my "Skywalker" lagacy and adding 15 chairs to my 4 on "Skywalker", then transferring that character and 19 chairs back to "Organa" so I have 34 there, and so on, doubling and redoubling my chairs over and over.

You're essentially putting all our characters together into one Legacy, and throwing away the other Legacy (or two) we had. We won't have any "source" legacy left behind on another server the we can "transfer back" to. You're letting us keep all our characters on the merged servers, let us keep all our decos, too.

Is it 25%? I thought the one atm you can buy (cant buy till at least ONE character is 300) is the 10% CXP boost for all character under 300. From the wording, its going to be a new legacy perk that will come on the 10th and you have to buy THAT new perk, and that new perk is the one that stacks up to 100%. Could be wrong, will check later.

There is one under the legacy perks that is 25% but only available once you get a character to 300. The new perks are going to be added to this one and the new one will depend on how many characters you have at 300 but at the max of 100% increase which will be broke down as such:

Original Legacy Purchase (1 character at 300) 25% (This is a one time purchase across your legacy) Which you will find listed under Other-Galactic Command

2nd character at 300 50%

3rd character at 300 75%

4th character at 300 100%

Any other character after the 4th the perk remains at 100%

The 10% purchase in per character and it is listed under Character perks

Ok, I'm sure you guys probably discussed this at some point....

If you combine all servers into 1 and the daily's are already being fought over, people undercutting each other, taking your goal out so you have to wait in line for the respawn is already happening, then when it finally does respawn someone who can click just a bit faster takes it from you, I've seen it happening, it's happened to me, friends. Already lost a few friends who rage quit because of this garbage.

Won't combining all the servers turn this already conflicting problem into a major full out war? We're already tapped out on daily's with the current server amounts, jamming them into 1 is going to cause more strife, more harassment messages, more rage quitters, which means less paying players, you did think of this, right?

Maybe it's a good idea to turn all planets into a single player only zone, like you did with KOTFE, or flashpoints, then you can invite whomever you want and daily's aren't being fought over constantly.

If you combine all servers into 1 and the daily's are already being fought over, people undercutting each other, taking your goal out so you have to wait in line for the respawn is already happening, then when it finally does respawn someone who can click just a bit faster takes it from you, I've seen it happening, it's happened to me, friends. Already lost a few friends who rage quit because of this garbage.

Won't combining all the servers turn this already conflicting problem into a major full out war? We're already tapped out on daily's with the current server amounts, jamming them into 1 is going to cause more strife, more harassment messages, more rage quitters, which means less paying players, you did think of this, right?

Maybe it's a good idea to turn all planets into a single player only zone, like you did with KOTFE, or flashpoints, then you can invite whomever you want and daily's aren't being fought over constantly.

You've heard of instances?

I think everyone has one. For me it's Sorcs.

For a long long time it was Smugglers. It took quite a few creation / level a bit / deletions before I finally managed to settle down on levelling one I could enjoy.

It wasn't the story, it was just the character creation and play-style that didn't seem to quite "fit".

Alright. Time for a question, all hating, trolling, crying, and complaining aside.

5.5 is scheduled to be released on Tuesday of next week, which isn't that far away.

Do we have any more information/clarification on these points that the roadmap stated for 5.5?

Improvements to Galactic Starfighter

Cartel Market Store changes

I hope you all will forgive me if I don't scroll though all 65 or so pages of discussion to see if those points have already been clarified.

Is it 25%? I thought the one atm you can buy (cant buy till at least ONE character is 300) is the 10% CXP boost for all character under 300. From the wording, its going to be a new legacy perk that will come on the 10th and you have to buy THAT new perk, and that new perk is the one that stacks up to 100%. Could be wrong, will check later.
I think you've mis-read.

There are two Legacy CXP boosts you can buy now: Commanding Legacy (In Global Unlocks/Other/Galactic Command), and Improved Command Experience (Character Perks/Advancement).

Legacy Perk – For each character that reaches Command Rank 300, we will automatically add an additional 25% bonus CXP to your entire Legacy up to a maximum of 100%. You do need to purchase the initial 25% perk, but the additional 75% will be free. And, YES, this Perk is retroactive, so you will immediately benefit once we deliver United Forces Foundation.
Currently, when one character hits Command level 300, you can buy Commanding Legacy, which gives all other GC characters in your Legacy a 25% boost to their CXP earned. (You also need to be at least Legacy level 10 if you are buying it with credits). And no matter how many characters you have at GC level 300, you only get +25% for your characters under 300. Pretty sure this is the "initial 25% perk" mentioned.

With the "new" version of this perk, if you get a second character to GC level 300, the boost will go to 50%. When a third hits GC level 300 the boost will be 75%, and when a fourth hits 300, the boost will go to 100%. And these "additional" boosts will be free.

Since it will be "retroactive", if you already have 2 characters (or 3 or 4) at GC level 300 when it goes live, it will automically give you 50% CXP bonus (or 75% or 100%) for your characters under GC 300, if you already purchased the "old" perk. IOW, you won't have to get 3 more characters to GC 300 to get the 100% boost if you already have 4 characters at GC level 300. And you won't have to buy the "initial 25%" perk again.

The 10% CXP boost (Improved Command Experience) for a character under 300 can be purchased by and for any level 70 character. You don't need to have any GC 300 characters to buy it, or even any other GC characters at all. You can buy it for your very first GC character, at GC level 1, if you want. But it only applies to one character.

It's a "Legacy" boost in that you buy it through your Legacy window, and there's a minimum Legacy level required to buy it, (if you pay with credits) from Legacy level 2 for Improved Command Experience I, up to Legacy level 25 for Improved Command Experience V (for the full 10% boost).

I really hope this is something that is being actively looked at. Shorter respawn times, more instanced areas and always lit clickable mission objects will help a lot in this regard. Otherwise many daily, heroic and open areas may become totally unplayable, and unpleasant.

That works assuming they actually go back and revisit that topic. Mostly, they just need to instance Korik.

Well instances on planets are mostly set at max 50 players per instance. Also in the livestream they indicated that they were looking at some of the respawn timers of specific heroics objectives.

It's good to keep an eye on something like this but there were times that we had multiple instances on most planets and it worked back then as well. Let's see how it goes.

Hey Keith or Eric.

About names, I get the lay out you've put up, inactive of 90 days and if they're also under level 10 they'll auto lose a name dispute. That's great, I win some of my names on some servers with no competition because of this.

However what are you doing about people who've achieved past level 10? There are inactive people with my names that probably haven't played since 1.0 or even beta. I think the chances are slim they have more play time than me, but some of my alts don't have THAT much playtime really will most likely be beaten, so it's possible for someones main from 1.0 to win a name over my alt. I'd hate that a lot.

Hopefully people who've not played in 180 days regardless of level? Might auto lose a name dispute? Or would you like this to be intended, the players who don't play anymore but achieved over 10 to reserve names if they played more ages ago?

Any further information specifically on people above level 10 with same name disputes would be greatly appreciated!

You don't need to worry as you'll have access to all of your characters even if you were over the Max count. If we need to offer a substantial discount for additional character slots, we'll make that happen.

-Keith--

You should! It's been almost a year since the last character slot sale, and I've been waiting.

Nice to see that "being on hand to answer questions and address concerns" actually means abandoning the thread after a few posts that didn't even address any of the real concerns.

Lots of talk about being more communicative, no actual evidence of it happening; the last reply being 2 days ago.

Leopards and spots comes to mind.

All The Best

Nice to see that "being on hand to answer questions and address concerns" actually means abandoning the thread after a few posts that didn't even address any of the real concerns.

Lots of talk about being more communicative, no actual evidence of it happening; the last reply being 2 days ago.

All The Best

actually most of the questions have been answered, repeatedly at that. the failure isn't the devs, its the player base not actually taking the time to read or listen to the answers

All The Best

Well, Keith did spend quite a while answering questions after the stream.

I don't know how busy they are at the office, but they are at work and they can't just sit around being on the forums all day. I suspect most people can't when they are at work.

I'm sure it's been a busy week for all of them. The roadmap does proof that they have been doing quite a bit over the past however long.

I think you're making yourself more angry, spuds. A break will do you good I think. And I don't mean that in a rude way.

Edited by Eshvara

Well instances on planets are mostly set at max 50 players per instance. Also in the livestream they indicated that they were looking at some of the respawn timers of specific heroics objectives.

It's good to keep an eye on something like this but there were times that we had multiple instances on most planets and it worked back then as well. Let's see how it goes.

The instances referenced here would be content, not the number of people on a planet/fleet/etc...

For example, the Possessed Hunter HEROIC on DK, is not instanced, with a 5 minute respawn on the target. Because some people don't group up, it can take a long time to actually do this.

I can't see them redoing the instances for the Saving Face HEROIC on Corsucant or the Mutations Heroic on Taris because there are already instances tied to those heroics, but they could definitely fix the respawn timer on the enemies.

Respawn times are not the way to fix the issue of kill stealing.

Lets say the game does better after the mergers (I know its unlikely as people will be pissed at the loss of their name, rp servers or whatever else) and there are lots of people about. Your out doing a quest kill 10 of this and then one of that. You are having fun killing away then you get to the one of that and there is a queue. So you stand in line and 8 minutes later your up, and then someone steals your kill. Okay only a 2 min wait, only when that spawns someone steals your kill, you waited inline patiently and now your being screwed. Sure your pissed at the kill stealer but more pissed that the game lets them get away with it and actively encourages it, his not wasted 10 minutes to try and complete the quest, his off to the next thing. While you who waited patiently are punished. That its a two minute wait is less annoying than the fact that you are wasting your time cause the game is so stupid it only allows the first person to attack a target credit.

So far better the kill/credit system is redesigned to allow anyone that does say 3% damage to a target gets credit.

The instances referenced here would be content, not the number of people on a planet/fleet/etc...

For example, the Possessed Hunter HEROIC on DK, is not instanced, with a 5 minute respawn on the target. Because some people don't group up, it can take a long time to actually do this.

I can't see them redoing the instances for the Saving Face HEROIC on Corsucant or the Mutations Heroic on Taris because there are already instances tied to those heroics, but they could definitely fix the respawn timer on the enemies.

The planetary instances are there to reduce lag and also to make sure not too many people are fighting over the same objectives.

Regardless of whether or not parts of heroics are instanced, I do believe that part of the solution lies in limiting the amount of people per instance but as I said they are also looking into respawn timers and such on certain heroics and together I hope that will create a better situation.

Ath the same time I don't think the heroics should've become part of endgame as they have. It destroyed the daily areas until the rewards there were accidentally upped there. Now people do dailies again. This is also a drawback of the GC system. The one size fits all approach herds people to where the easy cxp is made and credits second.

They're going to reduce the cost for the Iokath dailies but who cares? Unless they are more rewarding than other dailies or the heroics, nobody's really going to care about them really. I think they'll have to do some event to get people to come to Iokath to try them out again or it's just going to fizzle out again.

Respawn times are not the way to fix the issue of kill stealing.

Lets say the game does better after the mergers (I know its unlikely as people will be pissed at the loss of their name, rp servers or whatever else) and there are lots of people about. Your out doing a quest kill 10 of this and then one of that. You are having fun killing away then you get to the one of that and there is a queue. So you stand in line and 8 minutes later your up, and then someone steals your kill. Okay only a 2 min wait, only when that spawns someone steals your kill, you waited inline patiently and now your being screwed. Sure your pissed at the kill stealer but more pissed that the game lets them get away with it and actively encourages it, his not wasted 10 minutes to try and complete the quest, his off to the next thing. While you who waited patiently are punished. That its a two minute wait is less annoying than the fact that you are wasting your time cause the game is so stupid it only allows the first person to attack a target credit.

So far better the kill/credit system is redesigned to allow anyone that does say 3% damage to a target gets credit.

100% Agreed. I wish and hope they would redesign the combat system here, to like how it is in GW2. Kill stealing and mat node stealing NEVER HAPPENS THERE!!! (Ok...fine some kill stealing, but its small enough it not a big issue, and the mat nodes are PER account, meaning when you see a node and you see that afk farming going to get it, you don't need to race them there, when you get there, you can pick up the node too! Sharing is caring!:eek:) In GW2 you get rewards based on your credit, more coin, exp and karma for more damage, based on a gold, silver and bronze badge system. Which I know is WAY to much of a overhaul of the system for them atm, but they could redesign so that if people hit the boss or champ spawn, they get credit for it, for the missions, daily areas and heroics. Heck, if they did redesign it, we wouldn't be stuck with only 16-24 people on world bosses, Revan's Walker, Ancient Threat, and more people could join in and get it down more often, and people would be punished for getting there late or wasn't on the planet when the group was put together! :D

The planetary instances are there to reduce lag and also to make sure not too many people are fighting over the same objectives.

Regardless of whether or not parts of heroics are instanced, I do believe that part of the solution lies in limiting the amount of people per instance but as I said they are also looking into respawn timers and such on certain heroics and together I hope that will create a better situation.

Ath the same time I don't think the heroics should've become part of endgame as they have. It destroyed the daily areas until the rewards there were accidentally upped there. Now people do dailies again. This is also a drawback of the GC system. The one size fits all approach herds people to where the easy cxp is made and credits second.

They're going to reduce the cost for the Iokath dailies but who cares? Unless they are more rewarding than other dailies or the heroics, nobody's really going to care about them really. I think they'll have to do some event to get people to come to Iokath to try them out again or it's just going to fizzle out again.

I know I don't do the Iokath dailys because they are to stupid. The map is a mess, and to stupid to move around. Also, those dailys are RNG, cant plan a path way to traverse. Also, with them being RNG, I am still missing about 4-6 achievements for them because THEY NEVER SHOW UP. And yes the rewards are lame. Same with dailys, I did them, but now since I have all the AP there, and their rewards are getting removed in 4 days (nerfed) the only time I would do them is the one time quest for them, (oh wait that's right some were removed :mad:) and to map it on every character. Heroics have more rewards for less time, just wish things cost less. (Just wish the boxes were currency based on blooming galaxy RNG)

Basically, there is a new perk that you can purchase. That perk increases the CXP you earn in your Legacy by 25-100%. What the % is, is determined by how many CR 300 characters you have. My understanding is that you need 4 characters at 300 for the 100%, but I will verify.

-eric

Eric, where do we buy the new perk?