SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

I live outside a village with 80 residents. It's bliss. Peaceful, quiet, no crime. Pretty sure some folks would think it a living hell but we love it.

And we don't like crowded servers. We'll see what's what after the merges.

Same here!(sortta) But I always liked the city. This has it's advantages too though.:)

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea then you know what? How about you go to an actual "small village" and play a single player game. Why would you opposed to having more players around you in an MMO?

Or...how 'bout those of us who like the MMO story lines, the guilds, chat, crafting, etc. just stay here and enjoy the content that BW gave us? Some folks like running in herds, others do not. Neither is right nor wrong. It's simply a preference.

As for the "why"? Because it's problematic at times for our playstyle. That said, I'm not too concerned. IF it's too crowded for my liking, I'll move on. I'm happy for those who do like lots of folks around them...it's just not my thing.

I live outside a village with 80 residents. It's bliss. Peaceful, quiet, no crime. Pretty sure some folks would think it a living hell but we love it.

And we don't like crowded servers. We'll see what's what after the merges.

I think I might enjoy the quiet.

What I don't think is that there are enough people on these servers to really make the new server as busy as people may fear. I guess we'll see.

I think I might enjoy the quiet.

What I don't think is that there are enough people on these servers to really make the new server as busy as people may fear. I guess we'll see.

Which is exactly why I'm not pitching a wobbly. We'll see after the merges and things settle a bit. I'm in no hurry to leave the game but I have my limits. Hopefully my concern is for naught.

I'm actually a french player who moved his main to TRE recently, because of the lack of population on my original server. Still, being able to move every 28 of my character from a french server to their new English server with the merge could actually be usefull. I think I'm not the only one with this issue here. :)

Was there any response to this? I was on POT5, but moved all my characters to Harbinger due to its lack of population (I know a lot of east coast players did the same) Since the east coast servers are all merging, I'd assume the east coast would no longer be dead :D it'd be nice to play in my own timezone again :(

Basically, there is a new perk that you can purchase. That perk increases the CXP you earn in your Legacy by 25-100%. What the % is, is determined by how many CR 300 characters you have. My understanding is that you need 4 characters at 300 for the 100%, but I will verify.

-eric

(consider me dubious thus far)

The way I read it:

1 character to 300 buys the first bonus and spending the credits for the next bonus will give an extra 25% right away because 1 character is at 25%, then each character after will be +25%... so 3 characters total should get you 100% bonus to CXP.

50% off the bat would be an expected bonus that would benefit alt-players tremendously and make the grind bearable.

However, if it proves out to be that we need to grind 4 characters to 300 to benefit... then to me it's not even worth the price. I originally purchased this game because it was fun... not a grind that you need to pay extra money into make easier. More and more this game is turning into the stereotypical "grindfest".

A tom-slick move like this was already pulled with the Victorious Pioneer's leveling armor, which stated that it would 'unlock'... and in truth it never did unlock in collections.

It stacks on the existing perk. So, in the situation where you have four or more characters in your legacy at Command Rank 300, you will receive a 100% bonus to the base CXP value. If you decide to rank up additional characters you gain CXP a bit faster.

Today, we do not have plans to increase the percentage above 100%.

--Keith-

If you were to include all 52 of my characters giving me a 25% bonus each, totaling out at 1300%, I might be sold on actually grinding Galactic Command, but this hardly entices me to grind, so in the meantime I will continue to play other games and wait for new strongholds which seems to be the only thing I look forward to these days with the lack of content. :rak_04:

It stacks on the existing perk. So, in the situation where you have four or more characters in your legacy at Command Rank 300, you will receive a 100% bonus to the base CXP value. If you decide to rank up additional characters you gain CXP a bit faster.

Today, we do not have plans to increase the percentage above 100%.

--Keith-

And this still doesn't explain what they mean by 'stack' because if it truly stacked... the first 300 (to unlock the principal 25%) would count as another 25%.

If the 'new perk' us an addenum to the original perk, then I can understand the need for 4 characters for 100% because the 'new perk' is an appendage, not a truly new perk.

If you were to include all 52 of my characters giving me a 25% bonus each, totaling out at 1300%, I might be sold on actually grinding Galactic Command, but this hardly entices me to grind, so in the meantime I will continue to play other games and wait for new strongholds which seems to be the only thing I look forward to these days with the lack of content. :rak_04:

I thought you would have over 100 Characters which would be even more % than you stated :)

Same here!(sortta) But I always liked the city. This has it's advantages too though.:)

When I was younger, it sure did. Not so much anymore though. I love being able to visit cities (grew up in the Chicago area so not a stranger to big cities) but to live there anymore would drive me bonkers.

When I was younger, it sure did. Not so much anymore though. I love being able to visit cities (grew up in the Chicago area so not a stranger to big cities) but to live there anymore would drive me bonkers.

I honestly miss the convenience the most. It's very unappealing to have to drive 25 minutes to the smallest grocery store and 40 to the larger one. :p

Maybe it is an age thing! It is very nice here however. I guess everything has its advantages and disadvantages.:)

Keith,

I have a question for you. I will explain why I am asking this.

You said in the roadmap that you guys will give away Darth Hexid, which was the losing companion in the original DvL event. Well, will this start a trend for people to direct purchase or earn Companions like HK-55, Z00M, Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla, or Master Ranos or any new ones you bring out?

I am asking this because people in game constantly complain about how they wish one, some or all of these companions would be "Direct Purchase" in the cartel market. Will this ever happen?

This is a slap in the face for all of us that were subscribed when you were supposed to to get these companions and their items. We also took the time to take part in that DvL event, which was a pain in the *** to say the least, and if you guys do this it will P!$$ me and others off because of the hard work we put in for these items and stuff in game. It is not fair for someone to just come in game and Direct purchase things I had to be subbed for to get or to Direct Purchase something that I had to do an event to get.

I am tired of getting into arguments with people over this and how they feel they should be able to get them without the effort I had to do or the time I have put into this game.

So, those are my questions and I want to also know will this ever happen under your leadership?

I feel you are doing a good job leading SWTOR in a good direction and I look forward to your answers and what you have to come in the future.

Edited by Beckwith

Keith,

I have a question for you. I will explain why I am asking this.

You said in the roadmap that you guys will give away Darth Hexid, which was the losing companion in the original DvL event. Well, will this start a trend for people to direct purchase or earn Companions like HK-55, Z00M, Nico Okarr, Shae Vizla, or Master Ranos or any new ones you bring out?

I am asking this because people in game constantly complain about how they wish one, some or all of these companions would be "Direct Purchase" in the cartel market. Will this ever happen?

This is a slap in the face for all of us that were subscribed when you were supposed to to get these companions and their items. We also took the time to take part in that DvL event, which was a pain in the *** to say the least, and if you guys do this it will P!$$ me and others off because of the hard work we put in for these items and stuff in game. It is not fair for someone to just come in game and Direct purchase things I had to be subbed for to get or to Direct Purchase something that I had to do an event to get.

I am tired of getting into arguments with people over this and how they feel they should be able to get them without the effort I had to do or the time I have put into this game.

So, those are my questions and I want to also know will this ever happen under your leadership?

I feel you are doing a good job leading SWTOR in a good direction and I look forward to your answers and what you have to come in the future.

I have the opposite opinion of you. I have HK-55, Nico Okarr, and Shae Vizla and I would rather they do make them available for everyone to purchase or somehow earn. Exclusives are BS, and there's nothing more annoying than seeing something that looks awesome that you want, only to find out that you can't get it because you weren't playing the game at time, or you're a new player, or you had real world issues that prevented you from getting those exclusives, etc.

Quite frankly, I wish they would do away completely with exclusives. But to alleviate your concern, they said a while back that they were planning on bringing Hexxid to the game even though the DS lost. This in no way means that they will make the previous exclusive companions available again, and it's unlikely that Hexxid will be made available again after this event also.

I have the opposite opinion of you. I have HK-55, Nico Okarr, and Shae Vizla and I would rather they do make them available for everyone to purchase or somehow earn.

I have the opposite point of view. The whole point of having exclusives is to get people to subscribe (and sometimes stay subscribed) when the company needs a cash injection. To release previously exclusive things undermines this entirely, meaning any future requests for cash injections will be met with cries of "Why bother? If we cry on the forums we can get it later."

If the companion is as highly desirable is people make out, it stands as an incentive to get people to subscribe the next time one of these offers comes around. If anyone can get it at anytime, then it is completely pointless, and the value of it will decrease.

The fact that the companions are already pretty pointless anyway (they don't add to any story or cutscenes, and only have 1 or two bog standard phrases that actually get annoying after the first few times) just goes to show that people only want them BECAUSE they can't have them.

I have the opposite point of view. The whole point of having exclusives is to get people to subscribe (and sometimes stay subscribed) when the company needs a cash injection. To release previously exclusive things undermines this entirely, meaning any future requests for cash injections will be met with cries of "Why bother? If we cry on the forums we can get it later."

If the companion is as highly desirable is people make out, it stands as an incentive to get people to subscribe the next time one of these offers comes around. If anyone can get it at anytime, then it is completely pointless, and the value of it will decrease.

The fact that the companions are already pretty pointless anyway (they don't add to any story or cutscenes, and only have 1 or two bog standard phrases that actually get annoying after the first few times) just goes to show that people only want them BECAUSE they can't have them.

I get where you are coming from but I've missed out on most of those exclusives because Real life got in the way of being able to play any video games, not to mention paying several months worth of subscription on a game I wasn't playing and there's a couple that I want, not because I can't have them but because they are beloved characters, and I'd be willing to shell out for a stupid amount of CC to buy them. So how is that any different to you being subbed just at the right time? I'm still paying real money for them. I'm still fuelling the machine. And to be perfectly honest, probably contributing more financially to get them for my entire legacy than you did with your conveniently timed one month's worth of subscription

I get where you are coming from but I've missed out on most of those exclusives because Real life got in the way of being able to play any video games, not to mention paying several months worth of subscription on a game I wasn't playing and there's a couple that I want, not because I can't have them but because they are beloved characters, and I'd be willing to shell out for a stupid amount of CC to buy them. So how is that any different to you being subbed just at the right time? I'm still paying real money for them. I'm still fuelling the machine. And to be perfectly honest, probably contributing more financially to get them for my entire legacy than you did with your conveniently timed one month's worth of subscription

I have all the companions and I wouldn't be upset if they did allow them to be purchase but the costs needs to be inline with what we had to pay to keep the sub. If one month than $20.00 would be okay, but if we had to be sub more than 1 month then the price needs to reflect that. For a companion that we had to be sub 3 or more months and then they sell them in the shop for $20.00 would be a slap in the face for those of us that had to be sub for 3 or more months for the companion.

I have all the companions and I wouldn't be upset if they did allow them to be purchase but the costs needs to be inline with what we had to pay to keep the sub. If one month than $20.00 would be okay, but if we had to be sub more than 1 month then the price needs to reflect that. For a companion that we had to be sub 3 or more months and then they sell them in the shop for $20.00 would be a slap in the face for those of us that had to be sub for 3 or more months for the companion.

What if they put the same subscription requirement on it? In other words, if you had to be subscribed for five months to get X, so does the buyer now, in addition to $20 in CC or whatever.

What if they put the same subscription requirement on it? In other words, if you had to be subscribed for five months to get X, so does the buyer now, in addition to $20 in CC or whatever.

Then what do they give as compensation to the people who actually managed to follow the very simple instructions? And how long before people complain because they didn't get THAT shiny?

Like I said I am not the type to get upset about it provided the person either (a) pays the amount I had to pay in a sub i.e. 5 months would be $100.00 or (b) have to be sub the same amount of time and pay a fee $20 for the companion.

Then what do they give as compensation to the people who actually managed to follow the very simple instructions? And how long before people complain because they didn't get THAT shiny?

You're assuming everyone who would be buying were actually around and playing the game during the original promotion. Many people weren't. If they do offer these things in the Cartel Market - and let's be honest, BW will do what they want, regardless of how it makes the playerbase feel IMHO - I'm all for giving the older subscribers some sort of extra perk or CCs or something.

As someone who doesn't have any of the shinies, I actually don't care and probably wouldn't be shelling out for them - I have a zillion companions now, and don't need more - but I think that offering a content chapter as an exclusive thing was a mistake on BW's part. In terms of HK-55 it's boxed them into a corner as an obstacle to bringing him back for everyone, unless they retcon that chapter.

You're assuming everyone who would be buying were actually around and playing the game during the original promotion. Many people weren't. If they do offer these things in the Cartel Market - and let's be honest, BW will do what they want, regardless of how it makes the playerbase feel IMHO - I'm all for giving the older subscribers some sort of extra perk or CCs or something.

As someone who doesn't have any of the shinies, I actually don't care and probably wouldn't be shelling out for them - I have a zillion companions now, and don't need more - but I think that offering a content chapter as an exclusive thing was a mistake on BW's part. In terms of HK-55 it's boxed them into a corner as an obstacle to bringing him back for everyone, unless they retcon that chapter.

I wasn't around to be able to take part in the Innsbruck Winter Olympics in 1976. Can I have a gold medal for the Bobsleigh?

Again, if they give us an extra perk, how long before the whiny comes here looking for THAT shiny?

Edited by CrazyCT

I wasn't around to be able to take part in the Innsbruck Winter Olympics in 1976. Can I have a gold medal for the Bobsleigh?

Again, if they give us an extra perk, how long before the whiny comes here looking for THAT shiny?

Olympic medals and Academy Awards pop up on eBay every now and then. So if the argument is that one can't buy things they didn't qualify for...yep.

There's never going to be a resolution for it that will make everyone happy. But I do think BW will do what they want here and they won't care how the playerbase feels about it, so if they put Shroud of Memory on the CM next week it would not surprise me in the least.