SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

I have completely decorated strongholds on 2 servers. They're obviously not decorated 100% exactly the same. Which of my decorated strongholds will take precedence? Maybe pick everything up in 1 before the merge?

no. you'll keep both. clearly stated

Let me rephrase my question as it is not clearly stated. I have the following strongholds completely decorated on two servers (Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands):

Coruscant

Dromund Kaas

Tatooine

Nar Shadda

Yavin 4

When the server merge happens, which strongholds will I have? Will I get my Ebon Hawk Dromund Kaas or my Shadowlands Dromund Kaas on the new server?

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me rephrase my question as it is not clearly stated. I have the following strongholds completely decorated on two servers (Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands):

Coruscant

Dromund Kaas

Tatooine

Nar Shadda

Yavin 4

When the server merge happens, which strongholds will I have? Will I get my Ebon Hawk Dromund Kaas or my Shadowlands Dromund Kaas on the new server?

it was stated that you can have up to 10 Strongholds on the new servers and you can have multiple ones of the same. So in your example you would have all 5 of both original servers.

Yes you can have multiple copies of the same strongholds.

I have a decent PC but I get lag regardless of the graphical settings. I can set them low or high and lag is similar..Is that a traffic issue? Will the new servers help with ping and connections?

Well there are different things that could be in play. Server lag is definitely something that exists, but I do not know what you mean by a decent PC.

In the end there is a combination of CPU, RAM and Graphics Card in play and how high you set your graphics. So there could be issues that relate to your PC. For example the CPU makes a big difference from SWTOR as I understand it. At the same time there are also issues that your PC cannot fix no matter how good it is.

The new servers are new hardware they said and they will be more powerful than the current ones it seems. That could mean that there is also an improvement in performance, but we really don't know at this time. I expect things could be better, but then we also have to see first how smooth the merge will be :)

Please note we will not introduce a new set of Tier gear for Galactic Command this year! Instead, we will be offering a special set of Augments to enhance your existing gear. These will drop in the Copero Flashpoint or can be purchased from a Copero vendor. In addition, we’ll offer an even better version of augments you can craft from materials gained through both PvP and PvE activities.

Can you tell us more about the 'special' part from the augments you'll be introducing?

Am I right to assume the new augments will be something different than a simple stat increase of what have now?

And if so, what can we expect? Or are you lot naugthy and keeping this a teaser :sul_angel:

Well there are different things that could be in play. Server lag is definitely something that exists, but I do not know what you mean by a decent PC.

In the end there is a combination of CPU, RAM and Graphics Card in play and how high you set your graphics. So there could be issues that relate to your PC. For example the CPU makes a big difference from SWTOR as I understand it. At the same time there are also issues that your PC cannot fix no matter how good it is.

The new servers are new hardware they said and they will be more powerful than the current ones it seems. That could mean that there is also an improvement in performance, but we really don't know at this time. I expect things could be better, but then we also have to see first how smooth the merge will be :)

Usually graphics card RAM makes the biggest difference.

CPU depends if swtor runs on multicore or a single core. If its single upgrading the cpu will make zero difference. Many games around when this was released still used single core which presents its own problems.

The fact is the games a little dated and using a dated engine, there is bound to be some issues with that and hardware. Overall its generally not game breaking but the fps drops causing massive lag at times can be frustrating.

Keith, dev team, I want to express my appreciation that you have listened to the concerns of players and changed the name Hot Prospect to Satele Shan. While I will be mainly playing on the new Darth Malgus server, I am happy that you showed that you do listen to the troubles and worries of the players, something I knew you guys were doing but sadly not everyone is convinced of it as I am.

It also gives me hope you will also adress the concerns of the RP community properly and devise a solution that will not only motivate the RP'ers to stay subscribed and in the game, but also ensure that roleplay can happen on Dromund Kaas, Korriban, Tython, Balmorra or Ziost, anywhere in the game, safely and without harassment/cyberbullying. I would want to ask you to be transparent as to this and communicate often about the subject as people from the RP community are very concerned, to put it mildly, about this subject and deserve to have their worries be eased.

Keith, dev team, I want to express my appreciation that you have listened to the concerns of players and changed the name Hot Prospect to Satele Shan. While I will be mainly playing on the new Darth Malgus server, I am happy that you showed that you do listen to the troubles and worries of the players, something I knew you guys were doing but sadly not everyone is convinced of it as I am.

It also gives me hope you will also adress the concerns of the RP community properly and devise a solution that will not only motivate the RP'ers to stay subscribed and in the game, but also ensure that roleplay can happen on Dromund Kaas, Korriban, Tython, Balmorra or Ziost, anywhere in the game, safely and without harassment/cyberbullying. I would want to ask you to be transparent as to this and communicate often about the subject as people from the RP community are very concerned, to put it mildly, about this subject and deserve to have their worries be eased.

RP instances+flag, simple. This way it would be easy to moderate griefers who come willingly to RP instances and try to troll.

Edited by Pietrastor

RP instances+flag, simple. This way it would be easy to moderate griefers who come willingly to RP instances and try to troll.

Agreed, that would be good solution to begin with, with maybe possible expansions on the concept in the future to give even more security to the roleplayers on SWTOR. I will admit I am very curious what options/solutions the developers are considering at the moment. Don't want hard promises just the knowledge where their minds are at regarding the subject.

I think it would be good to ask it more directly and I politely would like to ask for an answer to gain some more transparency for the part of the playerbase it concerns:

Keith, Charles or anyone else from the dev team, what are some of the solutions you were thinking about as to addressing the issues of the RP community regarding trolls, harassment and cyberbullying? In the stream you gave a bit of a vague answer, so it would be nice to know what kind of options are being discussed. We don't need hard promises as to what will happen, just knowing generally where your minds are at regarding the issue is more than sufficient for the time being!

To whichever Devs are still reading this thread...

With all the server upgrades/migration etc which sounds like more than simple transfers was any consideration given to making player names non-unique and instituting a Global handle system instead?

Question regarding legacy merge:

Eric said last night that, basically, if you have two legacies that are the same level (like 50), the legacy that will the final one on the new server is selected randomly.

Does this mean that, if one legacy has less achievements or unlocks than the other, we could lose these achievements and unlocks in the random coin toss, just because these two legacies are at the same level?

Didn't even think of that, I could see that cause problems. (with legacy unlocks too) Yes, they said in the faq your legacy won't be affected, just think that the random name pick could cause a bug.

Imo, the legacy with the higher achievement count should get the name.

Edited by Krazhez

It still has not been answered as to whether I can walk up to this flashpoint and run it and gather currency for the new Augments WITHOUT the taint of KotFE/ET anywhere on the character and WITHOUT and use of Group Finder?

I'm not ruining any more characters with that unfortunate story and I'll do group content with 1-3 friends without the Jerkpot Lottery Draw.

Since we are all being merged into a new server, how does this affect our outfits in outfit designer?

Currently, when we transfer a character, we lose all our outfits on that character along with any stamped dye module. Will the merger have the same effect as transfers or will all our character's' outfits be preserved?

Since we are all being merged into a new server, how does this affect our outfits in outfit designer?

Currently, when we transfer a character, we lose all our outfits on that character along with any stamped dye module. Will the merger have the same effect as transfers or will all our character's' outfits be preserved?

Answered in the FAQ:

Appearance Designer “Stamped” Appearances

Your stamped appearances will not be affected by the United Forces update. All of your appearances will remain in place following the update.

Hey Devs, I have a question on these post-merge rewards. If I log in and do 3 group finder missions on one character, does that send the rewards to just that character? To my whole Legacy? To my whole account? I'm hoping it's at least Legacy-wide, otherwise that's a lot of character hopping for some of us.

Meanwhile I continue to be paranoid about keeping my character names. Some of these characters I haven't had time to do much with yet. :(

Getting a little cross-eyed at page after page, at this older age searching for a close enough answer, so I'm gonna just ask it.

The Server situation for merges when you already have one server Maxed out for Characters, (it's a family account with the typical yours and mine), could there or will there be an option to send Characters to another server or does one have to start deleting Characters to make room??? Because the Cost would be nuts...

Edited by Master_Neaj

Keith et al.

I note that you have studiously ignored one of the more pertinent questions in this thread, even though I have also e-mailed it to Eric.

So let me ask again.

I paid for the game back when it had to be purchased, I have been subbed for approx 60-65% of the game's existence, I have also made various significant Cartel Coin purchases. However, I am NOT currently subbed.

How is it fair that some johnny-come-lately who has perhaps only subbed for 2 months takes priority over me when it comes to "name collisions"? I spent more on the original game purchase than he has paid in Subs!

Can you please explain how and why you think this is a fair way to treat long term paying customers who have only recently become disillusioned with the game's direction, disillusionment you have admitted is justified by the extensive changes in direction you are now planning?

This isn't about me wanting something for free, chances are that I have paid MORE into this game than 99% of people who have not been here for 3 years or more.

Why should people who have paid less in than me take priority over me?

All The Best

Answered in the FAQ:

Appearance Designer “Stamped” Appearances

Your stamped appearances will not be affected by the United Forces update. All of your appearances will remain in place following the update.

Thanks. I missed it the first read through and should have read it again.

Keith et al.

I note that you have studiously ignored one of the more pertinent questions in this thread, even though I have also e-mailed it to Eric.

So let me ask again.

I paid for the game back when it had to be purchased, I have been subbed for approx 60-65% of the game's existence, I have also made various significant Cartel Coin purchases. However, I am NOT currently subbed.

How is it fair that some johnny-come-lately who has perhaps only subbed for 2 months takes priority over me when it comes to "name collisions"? I spent more on the original game purchase than he has paid in Subs!

Can you please explain how and why you think this is a fair way to treat long term paying customers who have only recently become disillusioned with the game's direction, disillusionment you have admitted is justified by the extensive changes in direction you are now planning?

This isn't about me wanting something for free, chances are that I have paid MORE into this game than 99% of people who have not been here for 3 years or more.

Why should people who have paid less in than me take priority over me?

All The Best

You could check and see if any of the servers merging with yours have any of your exact character names before getting too worried. You can even create them, if not on those servers to ensure you can retain them. Or you could always sub at the appropriate time to ensure priority (assuming your names are important to you).

It's unlikely you would lose a name to a Johnny-come-lately and more likely to someone that has been here as long and has "paid" as much or more than you.

There's no way they can make a system that everybody will feel is fair to them, but they have to commit to one that is fair to the most people.