SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Hey Devs (or anyone whom can answer this question),

I just subscribed today after not being subscribed for a while. During the time I was not subscribed (and even during the times I was) I bought server slots so I could continue to play characters even after my subscription has ended. As it currently works now, if I buy and use a server slot it will increase my preferred cap by 1 on all servers. Which effectively enables me to play one additional character per server. As a result, what I've done, is make characters across multiple servers since I really REALLY enjoy making new characters. For me, personally, I invest a lot into my characters ahead of time (whether be on armor, weapons, etc etc) so they can be exactly what I want them to be. Additionally, I'm currently under my preferred status cap on most, if not all, of the servers I play on. This then leaves me with excess server slots that, as of right now, I can use. Assuming I didn't use them, will I still retain ALL of my server slots (and my characters) despite them being on different servers as a preferred? As a subscriber I know I won't have to worry but that is only a temporary circumstance. I want to ensure I'll still be able to play ALL my characters and still use ALL of my free slots for additional characters as a preferred. Currently, I believe, my preferred character cap is 15 or 16 per server. However, since we're migrating to one giant server will my preferred cap rise to 120 - 128 to accommodate for all my existing characters as well as all the available slots I have across the existing servers? I'd really appreciate an answer on this.

Thank you

Edited by Gameverseman

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Devs (or anyone whom can answer this question),

I just subscribed today after not being subscribed for a while. During the time I was not subscribed (and even during the times I was) I bought server slots so I could continue to play characters even after my subscription has ended. As it currently works now, if I buy and use a server slot it will increase my preferred cap by 1 on all servers. Which effectively enables me to play one additional character per server. As a result, what I've done, is make characters across multiple servers since I really REALLY enjoy making new characters. For me, personally, I invest a lot into my characters ahead of time (whether be on armor, weapons, etc etc) so they can be exactly what I want them to be. Additionally, I'm currently under my preferred status cap on most, if not all, of the servers I play on. This then leaves me with excess server slots that, as of right now, I can use. Assuming I didn't use them, will I still retain ALL of my server slots (and my characters) despite them being on different servers as a preferred? As a subscriber I know I won't have to worry but that is only a temporary circumstance. I want to ensure I'll still be able to play ALL my characters and still use ALL of my free slots for additional characters as a preferred. Currently, I believe, my preferred character cap is 15 or 16 per server. However, since we're migrating to one giant server will my preferred cap rise to 120 - 128 to accommodate for all my existing characters as well as all the available slots I have across the existing servers? I'd really appreciate an answer on this.

Thank you

no the cap is still 52 (or something like that) however during server merge, you will retain all of your toons, even if over the cap. however to make any new you would have to delete that many to get under the cap (they are looking to raise the cap) however for F2P and Preferred I believe you have to choose which toons you want to activate(a set number, probably your 15 or 16) the rest will still be there but won't be playable until you either sub or buy more server slots

no the cap is still 52 (or something like that) however during server merge, you will retain all of your toons, even if over the cap. however to make any new you would have to delete that many to get under the cap (they are looking to raise the cap) however for F2P and Preferred I believe you have to choose which toons you want to activate(a set number, probably your 15 or 16) the rest will still be there but won't be playable until you either sub or buy more server slots

This cannot be correct since I paid for the current server slots I have (referring to my preferred cap). What you're saying is I'm essentially being robbed of what I paid for. Now, as it stands even on the current servers, if you're over the cap you have to choose which to activate and which to not. I understand that. But I'm not currently over the cap on any of the servers I'm on. This is due to the server slots I have purchased for myself. I should still have those slots available to me on the new server along with my pre-existing characters. Meaning, if I'm not over the cap on any of the current servers, I shouldn't be over the cap on the conglomerate server.

Edited by Gameverseman

This cannot be correct since I paid for the current server slots I have (referring to my preferred cap). What you're saying is I'm essentially being robbed of what I paid for. Now, as it stands even on the current servers, if you're over the cap you have to choose which to activate and which to not. I understand that. But I'm not currently over the cap on any of the servers I'm on. This is due to the server slots I have purchased for myself. I should still have those slots available to me on the new server along with my pre-existing characters. Meaning, if I'm not over the cap on any of the current servers, I shouldn't be over the cap on the conglomerate server.

No, you paid for server slots. You still have those, but there are just less servers now. Having more servers was a nice benefit but not what you paid for.

You keep the characters you made even if it goes over 52....however, BW have already stated that they want to increase the standard amount of slots and the max cap. They just haven't said by how much yet, so there is hope yet.

Currently, a Premium (Subscriber) account is allowed a maximum of 52 characters per server. Following the United Forces update, accounts with more than 52 characters on a server will be accommodated. You will still be able to access and play each of those characters. However, if you wish to make any new characters after that point, you will need to delete characters until you are back at or below the cap of 52.

For Free-to-Play accounts, this process will work a little differently. Following the United Forces update, if your account has characters beyond the Free-to-Play limit of 2, then all your characters will be set to ‘deactivated’. This allows you to log in and choose which characters you would like to activate and play.

they don't say specifically what happens with preferred players, however if you only have 16 character slots unlocked, when the servers merge you will still have access to 16 toons. if you have over 16 you'll keep your toons, but you'll have to choose what 16 you activate. that is what I get from their posts and livestream. ill have to watch the live stream again to make sure. but if you think you get to keep all your open server slots you haven't filled, I don't think that's the case. 16 character slots is still 16 character slots.

No, you paid for server slots. You still have those, but there are just less servers now. Having more servers was a nice benefit but not what you paid for.

You keep the characters you made even if it goes over 52....however, BW have already stated that they want to increase the standard amount of slots and the max cap. They just haven't said by how much yet, so there is hope yet.

Getting the server slots was only viable because there were multiple servers. If I don't retain that with the new server, my purchases will have been devalued WITHOUT compensation. I should maintain the same freedoms I'd currently have if I were preferred on the new server once I go preferred once again. Otherwise it's literally being thrown in my face. Sure, I can still play all my characters, but I won't have the freedom to make more which is the entire point of buying server slots. It doesn't make sense for them to be able to maintain the characters but not the excess slots. I bought those slots. That's that.

Currently, a Premium (Subscriber) account is allowed a maximum of 52 characters per server. Following the United Forces update, accounts with more than 52 characters on a server will be accommodated. You will still be able to access and play each of those characters. However, if you wish to make any new characters after that point, you will need to delete characters until you are back at or below the cap of 52.

For Free-to-Play accounts, this process will work a little differently. Following the United Forces update, if your account has characters beyond the Free-to-Play limit of 2, then all your characters will be set to ‘deactivated’. This allows you to log in and choose which characters you would like to activate and play.

they don't say specifically what happens with preferred players, however if you only have 16 character slots unlocked, when the servers merge you will still have access to 16 toons. if you have over 16 you'll keep your toons, but you'll have to choose what 16 you activate. that is what I get from their posts and livestream. ill have to watch the live stream again to make sure. but if you think you get to keep all your open server slots you haven't filled, I don't think that's the case. 16 character slots is still 16 character slots.

Mechanically, and by design, currently server slots give me an additional slot per server (under the current circumstance where there are multiple servers). That's what it was, that's what I paid for. It's value, utility, and overall viability was defined by that fact and that circumstance. If BW doesn't maintain, or in some way, make up for the loss (because yes there would actually be a loss) than the server merge would turn a lot of players away. Essentially I'm being told I have to get even more character slots to have the SAME EXPERIENCE I already have right now(excluding subscriber benefits of course). Tell me how does that make sense and how that's justified? It's not, that's why I have asked whether or not I'll keep my slots or not. The answer should be yes.

Mechanically, and by design, currently server slots give me an additional slot per server (under the current circumstance where there are multiple servers). That's what it was, that's what I paid for. It's value, utility, and overall viability was defined by that fact and that circumstance. If BW doesn't maintain, or in some way, make up for the loss (because yes there would actually be a loss) than the server merge would turn a lot of players away. Essentially I'm being told I have to get even more character slots to have the SAME EXPERIENCE I already have right now(excluding subscriber benefits of course). Tell me how does that make sense and how that's justified? It's not, that's why I have asked whether or not I'll keep my slots or not. The answer should be yes.

sorry you're reasoning does not make sense. I have purchased and unlocked up to 32 toons per server. just because I haven't filled out 32 toons on each server, does not mean I should have those "empty" slots that I unlocked count twice. I have access to 32 toons per server, and that will be the same when the servers merge happen, I will have 32 slots opened up. Basically you're wishing to get more character slots without paying for them. not going to happen

sorry you're reasoning does not make sense. I have purchased and unlocked up to 32 toons per server. just because I haven't filled out 32 toons on each server, does not mean I should have those "empty" slots that I unlocked count twice. I have access to 32 toons per server, and that will be the same when the servers merge happen, I will have 32 slots opened up. Basically you're wishing to get more character slots without paying for them. not going to happen

You just made my point. "Per server". That per server will no longer hold water which changes the terms of the purchase(s). Since I will now be only limited to one server. That is my point.

You just made my point. "Per server". That per server will no longer hold water which changes the terms of the purchase(s). Since I will now be only limited to one server. That is my point.

how are you limited by one server? there are multiple servers, and you can still jump around them. and even if you are over your cap limit for toons, you still have access to them. this is really a non issue. you are just asking for free "stuff". and yes per server, what if you had toons on two servers (currently) you have 16 server character slots unlocked. you delete or move your last toon to one server, does that mean all the empty character slots should move with you? NO. and you could argue with your reasoning that all empty server slots you aren't using should be available to you now(from all servers). that does not make sense. you have opened 16 server slots, and that is it. so it should remain with the new server, 16 slots opened as that is all you have purchased. you did not buy 16 server slots on each server, you have bought 16 all together.

As a solo player, I got your message loud and clear...go space yourself. Fine. Done. I cancelled my sub, and will be deleting the game after I get home later today

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by StaticJoe

Getting the server slots was only viable because there were multiple servers. If I don't retain that with the new server, my purchases will have been devalued WITHOUT compensation.
That may be your perception but that's not objectively true. In the context of MMOs 5-6 bucks for a character slot isn't that much at all.

Sure, you will lose something in the server merges. I do not contest that, but server merges can happen and if you thought it would stay like this forever that I find that rather naive.

I should maintain the same freedoms I'd currently have if I were preferred on the new server once I go preferred once again. Otherwise it's literally being thrown in my face. Sure, I can still play all my characters, but I won't have the freedom to make more which is the entire point of buying server slots. It doesn't make sense for them to be able to maintain the characters but not the excess slots. I bought those slots. That's that.

Of course you are rather the exception to the rule in having as many characters as you do but as I said, they are going to raise the character cap, we just don't know by how much yet. And of course you still have up to 5 servers to make characters on.

You bought the slots and I bought some too...I never read any guarantee about how many servers there would be though.

You know, I'm not a big fan of small print and unpleasant surprises, but I do think that people, as a customer, can be a little bit more realistic about what they're buying when they buy something. When the game eventually shuts down, are you gonna ask a refund then as well because you suddenly realise that you don't own anything in this game you paid for?

It's an MMO, it's not a product you buy it's a service you pay for and this service is subject to change and it can end. That may not be nice but it's a reality. I recognise that this is not a nice thing for you, but I also think you can be a bit more realistic about it.

Hey,

I would like to ask if the old cartel packages will be added to market again since it's not possible to buy them on GTN anymore on some server.

cheers.

It happens from time to time that old cartel packs are put on the CM for a limited time. So yeah, this does happen. I doubt they'll tell you when the next time is and which ones though.

It happens from time to time that old cartel packs are put on the CM for a limited time. So yeah, this does happen. I doubt they'll tell you when the next time is and which ones though.

It’s a shame there isn’t a schedule for it so you know when xyz packs will be back on the GTN. Even if they just rotated through them at one per week or fortnight. It would still take nearly a year to go through them all.

Edited by Totemdancer

biggest disappointment ever have invested in all servers with a mass of characters I enjoyed the original concept of 8 different stories that's why I play have been here since beta but feel I have put so much money into this game that it should be better. Not everyone wants all stories or servers to merge or raid content. I am a completionist player I enjoy being immersed in my characters' world

I have a question about the new "even better version of augments you can craft" - are we getting a new tier of augment kits and/or crafting skill? Or is it just a new schematic?

If I remember they said in the stream it will use level 10 kits, my guess is it will be just like the resuable biochem stims, you just need some Umbara tokens, and level 600 biochem.

(... waited for this discussion to steam out, in the hope that this time almost no1 will pay any bit of attention to my criticized point, least of all the devs, as they normal do, since better to do they have, than read+serve what some petty meek customer wants&needs)

A point that has caught my eye was a certain line of -

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Fall Roadmap 2017

namely -

, and enabling the ability to summon your Companion while moving.

signed by

Respectfully,

---Keith

Lead Game Producer

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Also respectfully I got to say that was the most pathetic part ever. Imop you should have never ever write that in this summary of what devs have been working lately. It is really really sad that you got to resort at something so low, since you had nothing else better to put at the end.

It is possible that took a great deal of work out of the devs to make possible for a player to summon a companion while moving (although I still can call no comp at all while sitting on a speeder, I have to step down to call it...), but still you should have not reported it here, like it would be something of substance. Because is not. At all. Is a void. This feature makes absolutely not any kind of difference regarding

Quality of Life

It is simply pathetic to brag about it.

If you would have really meant to improve something about companions, you should for example have added a routine of common sense into comp's program, a simple common sense to step out of the AoE, not stand in stupid. You could alternative add for the player one command to order a comp with a click to change position, to make it move out of the danger area, to mark a spot where the comp to move to. Something like that would make a 'real' difference for a player. The possibility to change at least once the role of a comp during a fight would also be a noticeable help. Add something "heavy" like this only to subs, deny it to preff of f2p,., insert it in a way to pay off for you to work on it, sure, by adding incentives for subscribing, but do something that is an true advancement, not a side step, then sing praise about it!

Pa-the-tic.

For me regarding companions, not the best example at all, of course, I would have liked to see that since the story takes away the old comps and gives me new ones, the devs would have considered to transfer the rank of at least highest comp to a new one - I just restrain myself to play ahead with many of my chars, since that would mean to have wasted all my investment into raising a comp's rank to the top, to make it perform in combat and crafting > the perspective to scarp away all my previous work, in the same way some... did scrap over and over and over my hard earned gear rating, year after year (what best holiday gift could be than turning valuable gear into garbage???) ... that perspective of self-mockery, that involves companions that now can be summoned while moving, yuppy!!! something I never ever ever got to need to use at least once since insertion as far as I remember, keeps me from advancing some chars with the story, for why should I do that to myself since other do it plenty via all possible ways?

Anyway, again 'respectfully', I urge you to pay no attention at all to anything real players do say, they only complain and moan and lament and are never right, but always wrong, while devs always are just and know best!