SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

EricMusco

Keith et al.

I note that you have studiously ignored one of the more pertinent questions in this thread, even though I have also e-mailed it to Eric.

So let me ask again.

I paid for the game back when it had to be purchased, I have been subbed for approx 60-65% of the game's existence, I have also made various significant Cartel Coin purchases. However, I am NOT currently subbed.

How is it fair that some johnny-come-lately who has perhaps only subbed for 2 months takes priority over me when it comes to "name collisions"? I spent more on the original game purchase than he has paid in Subs!

Can you please explain how and why you think this is a fair way to treat long term paying customers who have only recently become disillusioned with the game's direction, disillusionment you have admitted is justified by the extensive changes in direction you are now planning?

This isn't about me wanting something for free, chances are that I have paid MORE into this game than 99% of people who have not been here for 3 years or more.

Why should people who have paid less in than me take priority over me?

All The Best

Darth Spuds, you may hate me for this. But, it's not personal and it's not attacking or deriding you, seriously.

Basically, in general, a company will prioritize currently paying customers over those customers who are no longer paying.

You've paid for your subscription for X amount of years or whatever, and you reaped the benefits for your subscription, which was to play the game on the level of a subscriber instead of as a preferred or free to play. The business transaction is already completed.

You purchased X amount of Cartel Coins over the course of X number of years. Great. You already received your cartel coins and are/were free to spend them as you see/saw fit. The business transaction is already completed. If you are not a currently paying customer, then, as hard and painful as it is to hear, you really shouldn't expect to take priority over those who are currently paying.

Maybe you don't think it's fair, but those of us who are currently paying may also think its not fair that a nonsubscriber would take priority over a currently paying customer.

By the way, how are you posting on the forums if you aren't a subscriber. Are you on like a 3 or 6 month subscription and just waiting for it to run out? If you are, I take it that by the time server merges are implemented you won't be a subscriber?

If your characters are that big of a concern, is it possible for you to get like a 1 month subscription starting like some time next week that way, your characters names are mostly secure during the merge?

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you don't think it's fair, but those of us who are currently paying may also think its not fair that a nonsubscriber would take priority over a currently paying customer.

Let's say a recently new player is Subscribing, he's paid the sub for 3 months.

I paid more than that for the base game, when you had to buy it.

I've paid more than ten times that just on Cartel Coin purchases.

Then there's the guys who have never subbed, but maybe spend more than a Sub on CC every month; I am fairly certain there's a good chance that there are F2P or Preferred players out there who have paid more in than some of the newer subscribers - how is it fair they are being penalised for not subbing if they have paid more in than some subs?

That is why I suggest it should be based on total net contribution to the game.

By the way, how are you posting on the forums if you aren't a subscriber. Are you on like a 3 or 6 month subscription and just waiting for it to run out? If you are, I take it that by the time server merges are implemented you won't be a subscriber?

Sub time runs out on 7th October, depending on when the next Forum reset is after that I may get another couple of days posting privileges.

All The Best

Then there's the guys who have never subbed, but maybe spend more than a Sub on CC every month; I am fairly certain there's a good chance that there are F2P or Preferred players out there who have paid more in than some of the newer subscribers - how is it fair they are being penalised for not subbing if they have paid more in than some subs?

Sub time runs out on 7th October, depending on when the next Forum reset is after that I may get another couple of days posting privileges.

All The Best

What about subbing for the time it to takes to do the merger (at most 2 months) to ensure your names aren't taken. This way you are keeping your names.

What about subbing for the time it to takes to do the merger (at most 2 months) to ensure your names aren't taken. This way you are keeping your names.

That's not guaranteed.

If someone else with a Sub has names the same as mine, one of us is losing out somewhere.

IF Subbing guaranteed I kept all my names I would do it, but it doesn't; and there's nothing else in the game worth subbing for as long as RNG Command Crates are all we are getting for our efforts,

Anyone who thinks just by subbing they are guaranteed to keep their names is setting themselves up for dissappontment.

It's not the cost of a Sub that is the issue (I can afford to Sub 5 times over and not miss it), it's the value of it. If the current game content was worth the cost of a Sub I would be on a 3 or 6 Month rolling Sub (as I was for most of the game's life thru to the end of KotFE), but there's nothing there worthy of that money right now.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

All The Best

I'm sorry. We don't see eye to eye, and I think it's based on our definition of what is "fair".

Remember this is a business. And, for the record, I'm not a BW/Ea employee and don't have any stake in BW/Ea all.

The reasoning, as best as I can see, is this.

It's not good to risk upsetting someone who is currently contributing to revenue at the expense of someone who is not currently and no longer contributing to revenue. Because if you upset someone who is contributing to revenue (regardless of how much they have contributed at the time), you potentially risk losing that too. And, you have no guarantee that the person you prioritized over your paying customer is going to become a paying customer again.

You said that you spent a significant amount of money in the past on subscription time and cartel coins. I'm sure BW/Ea is thankful for your past business, but with respect to the issue at hand (name changes during server merges), that is inconsequential.

Maybe you don't agree with this, and if so, then we disagree on what the definition of "fair" is, in this respect.

In real life in companies I've worked for, I've seen companies handle past customers who aren't paying but are asking for just a little bit more both ways.

I've seen them deny the request, and I've seen them grant the request.

When denied, the reasoning is plain and simple. They aren't paying customers right now, and we have to make room for those who are paying.

When granted, the reasoning was let's do them this one last favor right now in hopes that they will come back.

Edited by SolarSaenz

Merge servers, great news ! And rewards coming with United Forces are very attractive too, thanks !

Just a doubt about the event of double xp/cxp: there is often problem with huge update, don't you think it would be better to start it a couple of days laters ?

However, happy with this roadmap. Enjoy SWTOR, good job !

Hi Keith,

How much thought was given to purging inactive character names if they've not been played/subscribed in say, 12-24 months? These new servers are going to have create a lot of name collision issues and potentially upset a lot of active players and honestly, I lost the majority of my character names when my original server Master Dar'nala was merged into the Bastion back in mid 2013, I lost even more when my guild made the decision to leave the Bastion for the Harbinger in mid 2015. I'm tired of looking at alt codes on names I held on those servers when I can see a level 15, or a level 23 or worse, a level 1 character with the name on my friends list. There is no better time to do a name purge, and it might as well be now otherwise you'll see players scrambling to do this http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=933614 which is only going to end poorly for everyone.

Thanks for you time

It's not good to risk upsetting someone who is currently contributing to revenue at the expense of someone who is not currently and no longer contributing to revenue.

While I agree with that is the broadest sense what about players who ARE CONTRIBUTING currently but who are NOT SUBBED.

Why is it OK to upset them?

And as you point out at the end of the post "doing one last favour" for former subscribers is good way to get them to resubscribe - and this game is still in a lot of trouble if it can't get some of those people back.

All The Best

While I agree with that is the broadest sense what about players who ARE CONTRIBUTING currently but who are NOT SUBBED.

Why is it OK to upset them?

And as you point out at the end of the post "doing one last favour" for former subscribers is good way to get them to resubscribe - and this game is still in a lot of trouble if it can't get some of those people back.

All The Best

Well, DarthSpuds, like I said, I don't think we see eye to eye on what is "fair", with respect to this situation.

It doesn't mean I hate you or will call you names. Agree to disagree, right?

It just means we have different view points.

Just to satiate my own curiosity, are you not going to subscribe an extra month to help keep your character's name safe because of the principle of the thing, the stance you take on the whole situation?

Or, at this time, are you just are not unable to renew your subscription right now for?

Just to satiate my own curiosity, are you not going to subscribe an extra month to help keep your character's name safe because of the principle of the thing, the stance you take on the whole situation?

Or, at this time, are you just are not unable to renew your subscription right now for?

I could Sub for a 3 or 6 Month rolling Sub right now and not really miss the money - so it's that I can't renew.

It's that I won't renew my Sub just to preserve a name, that shouldn't be stripped from me in the first place. If the game had content worth playing I would gladly keep a Sub rolling; but it doesn't. Current end-game is an interminable grind coupled with a deliberately rigged RNG reward system, on top of already stale content. That is not worth a Sub in any game.

All The Best

Getting a little cross-eyed at page after page, at this older age searching for a close enough answer, so I'm gonna just ask it.

The Server situation for merges when you already have one server Maxed out for Characters, (it's a family account with the typical yours and mine), could there or will there be an option to send Characters to another server or does one have to start deleting Characters to make room??? Because the Cost would be nuts...

Its mentioned the FAQ, you will still have access to all of your characters after the merge. The only thing will be, you cannot create anymore characters, until you get back below your cap.

So for example, I think a default sub has 12 character slots. So if you have 12 characters on Jedi Covenant, and 12 characters on Shadowlands, then you will have 24 characters on Star Forge. You will be able to play all 24 characters, none of them will be deactivated or anything. However, you will need to buy more than 12 character slots if you want to create any more characters.

Hey folks,

Use this thread to discuss Keith's Roadmap, which you can find here. Let us know your thoughts, questions, and more.

Thanks!

-eric

After reading the Legacy Perk in the Fall Roadmap I couldn't believe this. Having one character at 300 command points will give all my other 13 characters 25% more points. All others are at 262 which will bring them to tier IV. Did I read this correctly. Let me know and thanks.

It's that I won't renew my Sub just to preserve a name, that shouldn't be stripped from me in the first place. If the game had content worth playing I would gladly keep a Sub rolling; but it doesn't. Current end-game is an interminable grind coupled with a deliberately rigged RNG reward system, on top of already stale content. That is not worth a Sub in any game.

All The Best

So, will you keep playing while unsubbed?

After reading the Legacy Perk in the Fall Roadmap I couldn't believe this. Having one character at 300 command points will give all my other 13 characters 25% more points. All others are at 262 which will bring them to tier IV. Did I read this correctly. Let me know and thanks.

Yes there is a legacy perk that can be brought for the first 25% and then when you get 3 more at 300 it will increase to 50% (for 2) 75% (for 3) and max 100% (when you get 4) .

This perk with 25% already exists. In this update, having more characters at 300 will improve this perk up to a 100% maximum bonus. So that way your alts will be able to get to 300 even faster.

Oh, I haven't logged into the game since the day after Umbara.

When I play, even if only 10 or so hours a week, I Sub. I have never played for any length of time unsubbed.

All The Best

Well I am the same in that. I do wonder though if and when you think the game will be good enough to sub for again. Considering how the game has been faring, do you really think it will ever live up to your standards again?

Are we going to see any of the issues with the game discussed. We all know they exists, hell if the servers were fully healthy places we wouldn't be having the entire player base on 5 servers.

Much of what was said in the roadmap was meaningless. A commitment to story, what commitment? What is being done to advance the story other than a possible 2 flash points in 5 months?

Talk of improvements to the servers etc, does this mean anything? Will we see 4k graphics at their finest or DX11/12 support? Will we see anything that improves the game with these improvements?

Talk of GSF improvements, really want improvements or is it just nerfing bombers and gunships? Is anything being done to make GSF appeal to the non PvP crowd, for as long as it is vets ganking noobs it doesn't really matter which FOTM ship I uses whether its my bust scout or my maxed out gunship.

While there is a talk of changes to utilities, what changes? You have nerfed most classes, can we expect more nerfs or is it an attempt to balance the roles so every class can perform in all roles? Are you going to do to the classes what you did to the companions and remove their individuality?

As it stands it seems like all points raised get ignored, yet the low number of people playing the game is testament that things aren't good. I hate to do it but the most recent figures I've seen say ESO has 10 million players, thats 10 million people that have purchased the game cause its BTP. I don't even know if TOR has had 10 million free to play accounts. Look at what one game is doing and what the other is doing and where they could learn from each other.

But it seems the only things that will get discussed is if its very trivial, something like. 'Gee Mr Keith, I dang don't like the name Hot Prospect, cause in slang a prospect might be a girl who I think will be attractive in the future. It also be nearly anything else that you think may improve in the future, i.e. that investment seems like a prospect. But I'm dang right offended that I could take what your calling a server out of context and thats on you Mr Keith so what are you going to do about it'. Will get a response while anything directed to the future state of the game once they have merged severs down to 1 and its still light seems off the table.

Will the NPCs Travi Pott and Geric come back? I really do not like how Heroics were "simplified" in 4.0.

Thanks for you response. Didn't think that after Monday's implementation that all my characters would be instantly at tier IV. Keep grinding the dailies.

Well I am the same in that. I do wonder though if and when you think the game will be good enough to sub for again. Considering how the game has been faring, do you really think it will ever live up to your standards again?

I doubt I will be resubbing as long as we are still in the KotFE/KotET/Iokath paradigm.

It's not only the quality of the last two years that has left me feeling disillusioned with the game.

The game has stopped being Star Wars for me, when it returns to being Star Wars I'll resub for a month and see if its worth subbing long term.

All The Best

Will the NPCs Travi Pott and Geric come back? I really do not like how Heroics were "simplified" in 4.0.

Well its nice to see someone else remembers them. ;) Yeah, I wish they would bring them back, and a option in settings that either auto completes the heroic for you, or you have to manually hand them in. Get it? Choices and options matter! :D

Its mentioned the FAQ, you will still have access to all of your characters after the merge. The only thing will be, you cannot create anymore characters, until you get back below your cap.

So for example, I think a default sub has 12 character slots. So if you have 12 characters on Jedi Covenant, and 12 characters on Shadowlands, then you will have 24 characters on Star Forge. You will be able to play all 24 characters, none of them will be deactivated or anything. However, you will need to buy more than 12 character slots if you want to create any more characters.

You want to know what stinks? the cap is 52 atm, and 5 servers into The Star Forge with a cap of 52.....so.....I have 260 characters with a cap of 52........very sad day indeed.......:(

This perk with 25% already exists. In this update, having more characters at 300 will improve this perk up to a 100% maximum bonus. So that way your alts will be able to get to 300 even faster.

Is it 25%? I thought the one atm you can buy (cant buy till at least ONE character is 300) is the 10% CXP boost for all character under 300. From the wording, its going to be a new legacy perk that will come on the 10th and you have to buy THAT new perk, and that new perk is the one that stacks up to 100%. Could be wrong, will check later.