Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I saw a screenshot of credits. Troy Baker as Theron Shan had top-billing I'm hopeful!:D

Good to see but hopefully not a false flag. They would have to give credit even if not in the story because you get the standard generic voice comments when you click on him - how he likes the word "vacation", has a dream he doesn't want to talk about, mentions the Shroud, etc. Companion voice actors not used get credit in past stories for the same reason.

Too bad he's not depicted anywhere in 7.0's loading screen, that I saw, anyway. Guess they're done with him?

Saying things like that riles people up without evidence. The credits screen on the PTS says in big letters Troy Baker as Theron Shan Check the Arcann thread to see the image.

Exactly and they also pushed so hard on how our choices throughout both KOTFE and KOTET and the Traitor arc would matter but yet Theron's being sidelined as a voiceless cardboard cutout as seen in
and
. Should have known their claim was too good to be true.

Theron isn't bricked? Are we just gonna forget the term has a meaning? VETTE is bricked. QUINN is bricked. MAKO is bricked. Etc etc etc. Not seeing Theron for two mini-cutscenes is hardly proof that he's gone forever. It's been a hell of a lot longer than that for most of the LI's. They are bricked. Theron most certainly isn't.

I've recently done a SW romance with him, and it was my first time romancing him, I didn't feel he was unfairly left out at any point really. Sure, I didn't have to wait for the expansions for months on end only to be disappointed by not seeing him, I'd only just returned since Onslaught, so I had all that content since then to do, but I thought Theron appeared LOTS for a guy with a kill option on him. It's hard to say the Devs haven't at least TRIED to keep him around, tried a heck of a lot harder than they ever have with any other character. It's crazy to see the lack of any kind of appreciation for that just reading through the past few pages in this thread. It's all doom and gloom. I'd kill for this level of interaction with literally any of my original LI's.

You aren't gonna see the guy every single time they release new content. That's definitely not the same as being bricked.

I think people get too worked up about this mythical 'bricking' they just brought Torian back for cryin' out loud. They gave Khem Val a kill in Traitor Among the Chiss, and then SI's can marry him in Jedi Under Siege. I do want Vette back, grr. and the Quinn people need him back too.

Theron will be there for my BH. I might not get a kiss every update but he is there.

PS going off of a picture isn't evidence he's gone.

Edited by JakRoanin

Lana inviting herself along sure would be the perfect opportunity to have her “heroically sacrifice” herself (since the devs were horrified when asked for a kill Lana option and exclaimed that she hadn’t done anything to deserve it but apparently Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette, Torian, and Theron had...) or a “Virmire” style choice where we have to choose between saving Lana or saving literally anyone or anything else (I will save a giant space slug over her). Sadly as we all know that will never happen and she’ll always be the writer’s pet, always watching us sleep and acting like a Stepford wife.

Seriously? The devs reacted that way? Wow. That's dumb AF. Theron didn't do anything all that bad either :/ Like, it wasn't even a real betrayal. Even some of my most hardened Sith aren't ignorant enough to not recognise that. Especially when the choice to save/kill comes after the whole threat has came and went, so we know he WAS RIGHT to do what he did....

And yeah, like you say, what the heck did Vette do? Be relentlessly optimistic? What a dumb excuse lol. I wanna keep Lana, personally, but to use that as an excuse not to slap a kill option on her is utter ridiculousness. The whole Traitor story SHOULD have been split by faction. Theron betrays Imp toons, Lana betrays Pubs (or vice versa). I still don't get why they didn't do that. I remember playing Umbara on my SI first, then expecting Lana to be the traitor when I played JK. That was such a disappointment. Coulda made it work the same

I think people get too worked up about this mythical 'bricking' they just brought Torian back for cryin' out loud. They gave Khem Val a kill in Traitor Among the Chiss, and then SI's can marry him in Jedi Under Siege. I do want Vette back, grr. and the Quinn people need him back too.

Theron will be there for my BH. I might not get a kiss every update but he is there.

PS going off of a picture isn't evidence he's gone.

Agreed. I was utterly shocked to see Torian back in the story personally, but it gave me a lot of hope for the future.

Also, Khem gets a kill in Traitor among the Chiss? Huh? I don't understand lol I thought he only comes back during Jedi Under Siege?

Edited by uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Theron isn't bricked?

You aren't gonna see the guy every single time they release new content. That's definitely not the same as being bricked.

Yes, referring to Theron as bricked is an exaggeration. We all know that. However, he and Lana started out as balanced counterpoints, now Lana receives at least 3x the screen time as Theron. THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED! If the writers couldn't guarantee an equal divide of content between Lana and living Theron, they shouldn't have picked him to be the fall guy! They could have had Lana be the fall guy depending on player choices and kept the balance intact. Having Theron reduced to a token line or two while Lana is swanning about like your soulmate is hugely unbalanced. Balance needs to be restored! If the writing team is really incapable of dividing the time equally between Lana and Theron, then they should give that extra Lana time to the many other Alliance members that haven't gotten any attention. I'd much rather wake up to T7's worried beeps or Oggurobb's concerned rumbles over yet more Lana in my face. At least Oggurobb is a doctor! None of us expect to see Theron in every bit of new content, but it's not outrageous to expect Lana to be equally minimized. If they really can't bring themselves to phase Lana out to the same degree that they have Theron, they damn well should provide a new handsome, charming, charismatic male romance to fill his now empty shoes. I'm not talking about a flirt here or there, I'm talking about a years long, in depth romance on equal footing as Lana's.

If they really can't bring themselves to phase Lana out to the same degree that they have Theron, they damn well should provide a new handsome, charming, charismatic male romance to fill his now empty shoes. I'm not talking about a flirt here or there, I'm talking about a years long, in depth romance on equal footing as Lana's.

This is where we differ. Theron's shoes are not empty. He is still there in as significant a way as any brand new romance would be. I mean, even if you romanced Lana, do you actually get ANY extra romantic scenes with her that you do not get with Theron? Cos I sure can't remember that. Anytime Lana has had some kind of romantic option for my SI, my warrior has had the exact same option for Theron pretty much, to my recollection.

So I don't see any immediate need to replace him as a romantic lead when he hasn't truly been neglected at all in that area. Neglected as a cookie cutter mission explainer? Sure, maybe, I can agree with that. But his actual romance is still there and still ongoing as far as I can see. To me it seems like people want him in every scene or else its not good enough or unfair in some way. Like, he was almost NEVER that character.. Lana was always the more main one since KOTFE started. She rescues you and is pretty much the main person for the first 9.5 chapters of it after all. So it's not like even when Theron was fully available that he was utilised in every single story beat.

So I don't see any immediate need to replace him as a romantic lead when he hasn't truly been neglected at all in that area. Neglected as a cookie cutter mission explainer? Sure, maybe, I can agree with that. But his actual romance is still there and still ongoing as far as I can see. To me it seems like people want him in every scene or else its not good enough or unfair in some way.

I can see both sides of the argument. Yes, Theron has been treated better than other kill-able characters or romance-able companions. I am grateful for that. And yes, both Theron and Lana have experienced a drop in screen time since the traitor arc as the writers wanted to introduce new characters - also fine.

However, out of Lana and Theron, one has retained more screen time and I think it's valid that some people are annoyed at the special treatment she has received, especially since Lana and Theron came into the game as equals. I like Lana, but I do miss Theron being more involved, and those non-romantic scenes better fueled the romance.

I think a lot of us have been anxious as well that the writers are going to get tired of doing two versions of every scene with and without Theron; a situation they created for themselves. And while the inclusion of Lana on the load screen doesn't say much on its own, I was also disappointed they didn't mention Theron in the streams.

Lana was always the more main one since KOTFE started.

Personally this annoyed me to, though I thought the only reason Koth was introduced was because Troy Baker wasn't available to voice the first few chapters? I can't remember where I heard that.

Edited by RitaSandria

I mean, even if you romanced Lana, do you actually get ANY extra romantic scenes with her that you do not get with Theron? Cos I sure can't remember that. Anytime Lana has had some kind of romantic option for my SI, my warrior has had the exact same option for Theron pretty much, to my recollection.

They are not official "flirts", but there are numerous extra scenes with bizarrely romantic overtones that every character gets with Lana on a regular basis. Romantic walks in the woods? Lana only. Waking up to them hovering over you in concern. Lana only and more than once. It all adds up and she is far more than a "generic" quest giver.

So I don't see any immediate need to replace him as a romantic lead when he hasn't truly been neglected at all in that area.

I'm asking for parity between male and female romance options. Theron, the male option, has been greatly reduced compared to the female option. I don't care how they restore parity, but they need to stoop making it worse. (Like they did by adding all of the Major Anri flirts with no comparable male character.) They could reduce Lana's screen time and give that time in bits to all of the neglected companions. They could up Theron's screen time to match Lana's. They could develop a new male romance to close the gap. (I'm talking in addition to Theron, not instead of Theron.)

To me it seems like people want him in every scene or else its not good enough or unfair in some way. Like, he was almost NEVER that character.. Lana was always the more main one since KOTFE started. She rescues you and is pretty much the main person for the first 9.5 chapters of it after all. So it's not like even when Theron was fully available that he was utilised in every single story beat.

No one is asking for Theron in every scene. We are asking for him to have as much screen time as Lana. The fact that the developers started playing favorites well before giving Theron a death sentence doesn't make the neglect better, it makes it worse. He WAS designed to be that character! The two of them were designed to be equal! SoR was great in that respect and KotFE+ has been trash! We were very upset when all KotFE promotion was 100% Lana, 0% Theron. Maybe you weren't here when we were begging and pleaing to have some news about his future role? We were upset when we didn't get even a whisper of Theron being in KotFE until the end of chapter 9. We have been upset every time Lana does things that Theron is better suited for. The writers could well have had Theron rescue us with Lana, but they chose to neglect him and the large fanbase who loves him. There were so many times they could have included Theron to the same degree as Lana, but they chose not to. I'm sure it's just a joke to them, and in extension, the players who enjoy have relationships with attractive, charismatic men are also just a joke to them. They have had years to right this ship, and instead they keep choosing to unbalance it further.

Edited by Damask_Rose

I think I've been pretty clear that I'd love Lana to say (at least to my Imp Traitors) 'I can't do this I'm going home.' For the life of me I can't understand how she sticks with them. I really don't know why she stays with my Mando BH because she clearly doesn't like Mandos.

That said, I've realized hating Lana doesn't incentivize Theron getting content. He will be there and I will be happy with what I get.

Also, Khem gets a kill in Traitor among the Chiss? Huh? I don't understand lol I thought he only comes back during Jedi Under Siege?

Technically he dies in Nathema.

It depends on what did in your Class story. If you remain loyal to Khem and exorcize Vash out of his body, Vash returns in Chiss in a new body sending a droid to kill you. In Nathema off screen she is tricked into sacrificing herself to fuel Zildrog's return, and you destroy her container to enable to defeat Gemini. You reunite with Khem in Jedi Under Siege. If you fool Khem in the Class story and let Vash stay in Khem's body, the roles are reversed and Khem is killed in Nathema and you reunite with Vash in Jedi Under Siege.

In other news, I like to watch the old tv game show What's My Line on YouTube. In one of the episodes of the 1952 season a contestant's name was Theron.

Technically he dies in Nathema.

It depends on what did in your Class story. If you remain loyal to Khem and exorcize Vash out of his body, Vash returns in Chiss in a new body sending a droid to kill you. In Nathema off screen she is tricked into sacrificing herself to fuel Zildrog's return, and you destroy her container to enable to defeat Gemini. You reunite with Khem in Jedi Under Siege. If you fool Khem in the Class story and let Vash stay in Khem's body, the roles are reversed and Khem is killed in Nathema and you reunite with Vash in Jedi Under Siege.

In other news, I like to watch the old tv game show What's My Line on YouTube. In one of the episodes of the 1952 season a contestant's name was Theron.

Wow, I never knew that at all, mostly because I'd never EVER choose to let Zash live in the class story lol. So, you get her as a companion in JUS if you made that choice? Her in Khem's body? Or just her? I gotta look this up lol.

Edit: well crap, I can't find it :(

Wow, I never knew that at all, mostly because I'd never EVER choose to let Zash live in the class story lol. So, you get her as a companion in JUS if you made that choice? Her in Khem's body? Or just her? I gotta look this up lol.

Zash does not return, she is still AWOL. (sorry for adding to the derail)

About the Theron/Lana imbalance: One thing that has irked me a lot is that Theron seems to suffer for being a strong character with defined morals. He is mostly a LS guy who does not wish to harm the Republic. That might become a problem later down the line for Imperial loyalists and Republic saboteurs in their relation with him. But with Lana they have created the ultimate yes-woman who seems to be ok either way and thus can be put into every content. If they wanted to create more balance, they should have made Lana more critical to some actions of a Republic loyalist/Imperial saboteur and given Theron a more prominent role in the Republic briefings.

About the Theron/Lana imbalance: One thing that has irked me a lot is that Theron seems to suffer for being a strong character with defined morals. He is mostly a LS guy who does not wish to harm the Republic. That might become a problem later down the line for Imperial loyalists and Republic saboteurs in their relation with him. But with Lana they have created the ultimate yes-woman who seems to be ok either way and thus can be put into every content. If they wanted to create more balance, they should have made Lana more critical to some actions of a Republic loyalist/Imperial saboteur and given Theron a more prominent role in the Republic briefings.

This is truth!

Zash does not return, she is still AWOL. (sorry for adding to the derail)

This.

What I hate about the most is how they made Lana into this ultimate trophy waifu who says yes to whatever the Commander says. Not even an eye roll or an angry growl like her early appearance. It's fun to watch Theron and Lana have different moral stand points and how you may or may not able to find a balance to it. That's a big part why I want BOTH of them around my toons, not just because of the almost non-exist Theron contents we have now.

Lana was always the more main one since KOTFE started. She rescues you and is pretty much the main person for the first 9.5 chapters of it after all. beat.

That's the problem...Prior to that, Lana and Theron were equals with equal roles, romances, and screen time. After that it became the Lana Variety Hour guest starring Theron. You mentioned that you didn't think the quest giver/briefing scenes were important enough to get upset over Lana completely dominating but I disagree. For one, if you hate and resent her, every second her face is shoved onto the screen is annoying but for another, she does briefings and introductions that make zero sense for her to be doing. She even hooks your Republic characters up with Jonas who is a Republic SIS representative that both you (if you're a trooper) and Theron know very well. This makes no sense at all and is done only to give her more screen time. If Theron isn't going to speak up when it's relevant for him to do so, at least have it be some other relevant character (Bey'wan for example) rather than always Lana.

But with Lana they have created the ultimate yes-woman who seems to be ok either way and thus can be put into every content. If they wanted to create more balance, they should have made Lana more critical to some actions of a Republic loyalist/Imperial saboteur and given Theron a more prominent role in the Republic briefings.
That's one of the main reasons I hate her so much. Yes-woman/perfectly agreeable waifu/creepy Stepford wife is not something I enjoy in the slightest.

While the discussion is on Lana hate, I WILL share mine rather than be seen as a constant defender haha. When I played through the Traitor storyline recently with my first toon who had romanced Theron seriously, I was SUPER annoyed on Nathema with how Lana was acting like more of a jilted lover than WE WERE!

If you didn't know the story and were forced to infer the relationships off that mission alone, you'd sooner think Lana was Theron's spouse/partner than us based on how visibly hurt she always is. Our reaction, even if you take the break-up options at the very end of the mission (escaped before that ended of course!), was tepid at best

So I will say I don't like her horning in on my romance! Lol

• 1 month later...
Sadly the problem we are facing with Theron is the problem with allowing him to be killed off, any companion that ends up with a kill option or was recruited, they are written out completely and are just on the sidelines now with the occasional emails from them. Theron has become no exception even though they promised us we wouldn't see the last of him despite him being killed off and yet it's always Lana, not Theron who is doing everything even though the Alliance was all three of ours to begin with. You were the fighter and leader of the group, Lana was the adviser and Theron was the tech man and recruiter, now it's all been shoved onto Lana cause of Theron being killed off for some characters. It shows the writers do not think about these things and could careless that half of these companions that end up with a kill option (or were recruited) are possibly someone's romance interest as Theron is for all my characters. Don't get me wrong, I like Lana's character despite her obvious flaw of not having learned to sense betrayal at this point as she's always blind sighted by it, from Arcus to Theron, she doesn't ever see it coming but she still was an interesting character in SOR, KOTFE and KOTET but now she's just getting way too much screentime and Theron's being pushed off to the side for the developers once again giving into edgelords and allowing him to be killed. Edited by DarthEnrique

• 4 weeks later...