Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Most of his lines these day are about Task Force Nova. I think the most likely scenario is he'll be a Republic-side character only with saboteurs only being able to reunite with him once they are give the chance to formally switch sides.

It'll be revealed Satele rescued him from Nathema and he's been in hiding with the Jedi ever since. Any Republic loyalists characters who chose to leave him will reunite under tense circumstances but be forced to work together again. For Empire players he'll return as a nemesis with a possible future-kill option that will satisfy the edge lords.

For Empire Loyalists players who saved him, he'll most likely defect back to the Republic/Task Force Nova which seems to be where his story is heading already.

As much as I'd like Theron to appear on my toons for all sides, he first emerged as a Republic character and I think that's the only way to make his character work long term. It's always felt odd having him tag along with my DS Sith Imp.

I don't think Theron will defect as long as our Imp toons are reasonable. Remember, Theron is bitter towards the Republic government (and likely military high command and Jedi); not towards the average Republic citizen. His loyalty is not to the Hand or the Empire, but to us personally. It is understandable that he isn't going to be very hands-on with Imperial operations to subjugate other worlds. Anyway--why would the vast majority of Imperials--want to have a former Republic spy involved with planning operations? Especially when also considering his mother is the former Grand Master of the Jedi Order?

Does Theron really have anywhere to go without his Imperial bosom buddy? How welcomed back would he even be by the Pub higher-ups after Ziost, Iokath, Dantooine, and whatever else is to come? He might not know definitively that most or all of us Pub bridges have been burned, but they likely have been thoroughly torched.

Played Oblivion. Sigh. That's the last kiss you get in current gaming content. Hopefully there's more when the update arrives.

To verify an old concern, you do get to kiss Theron playing Onslaught as a Sith siding with the Empire. You get one after the briefing at the end of the prequel Jedi Under Siege. In Onslaught you must choose the Light option and not have the Empire bomb the civilians when the option presents itself before you do the flashpoint. Theron tantrums after the flashpoint if you don't, so there's no kiss then. Keep the civilians alive, Theron is there for you. Get a cough drop Lana!

Oh look, Lana made the new loading screen, but no Theron. I had really hoped they would phase her out since they did Theron dirty. My only consolation is that the art doesn't look anything like her, just a generic blond.
Edited by Damask_Rose

Very deeply concerned based on today's Twitch. When Lana is mentioned but not Theron.... -.-

Lana having some roles... like... agreeing with everything the Commander says?

Geez, I don't know what's worse, being sidelined or being reduced into a trophy waifu.

At least Theron had more reaction in Onslaught if you did evil stuffs.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one whose heart sank when seeing Lana in the poster. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Lana, but Theron to me was objectively the more interesting character with the better backstory when they were both introduced in SoR. It just seems he was discarded because he was the male LI while Lana has gotten significant screen time in basically everything. Where is the balance?

I'm rather sad about the lack of Theron and find the reason they gave for Lana tacking on pretty dumb. We've already gone on a flashpoint mission with Tau, or Rivix depending on our faction, so I don't know why she's so suddenly untrusting of them, and absolutely needs to go with us, now. (Feels like they're just using it as an excuse to tack her on.)

My Imperial Saboteurs are still bugged right now so I can't continue the story with them unless they fix it before 7.0 (or tell us the bug won't affect future content) but if there's any Saboteur stuff in the flashpoint I have to wonder how she's going to react. It's one thing to know the Commander is a Saboteur, it's another to actually see it in action, especially when it comes to doing damage to her former allegiance.

I miss having Theron show up, he only makes appearances Pubside lately so my Imps are feeling pretty left out right now. :o

Oh look, Lana made the new loading screen, but no Theron. I had really hoped they would phase her out since they did Theron dirty. My only consolation is that the art doesn't look anything like her, just a generic blond.

I agree... I'm trying to find a reason to play the "expansion"...

I already spacebar everything after Ossus...I just don't like the new characters... they're boring. I play it once and then it's spacebar fest. Well, to be fair, Arn has sith potential, I kinda like that kid :D

Edited by Tadagyt

If you played the story where you go and face Tenebrae one last time to end him for good, in the aftermath with Satele Shan, if you have romanced Theron and spared him she states that Theron has finally found where he belongs.

So it will probably be based on whatever choices you make but the likelihood of him defecting is very slim.

If you played the story where you go and face Tenebrae one last time to end him for good, in the aftermath with Satele Shan, if you have romanced Theron and spared him she states that Theron has finally found where he belongs.

So it will probably be based on whatever choices you make but the likelihood of him defecting is very slim.

He gets angry with you when siding with the Empire you let them bomb the civilians of Corellia. If they do the dumb thing to have him divorce you, I hope it would not be out of the blue. He'll give you a warning and do a Padme saying "You're breaking my heart!". He'll give you a chance to stop going all out old Sith, but if you continue those dark choices then he would. Hopefully the game gives you a pop-up to warn you if you take this dialogue choice you lose the romance and give you the option not to do it.

I would never do it, of course. Sith gain power over the Force through Passion. Anger and Fear are merely very strong ways to do it, but Theron is all the Passion my Sith needs to be the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. Sometimes that does mean taking the Light choice, but that furthers the power over the Force to master the Dark and Light side.

Lana inviting herself along sure would be the perfect opportunity to have her “heroically sacrifice” herself (since the devs were horrified when asked for a kill Lana option and exclaimed that she hadn’t done anything to deserve it but apparently Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette, Torian, and Theron had...) or a “Virmire” style choice where we have to choose between saving Lana or saving literally anyone or anything else (I will save a giant space slug over her). Sadly as we all know that will never happen and she’ll always be the writer’s pet, always watching us sleep and acting like a Stepford wife.

One of the main things I don't like about Lana tagging along (other than she's doing both factions instead of Theron coming with a Pub instead to at least make it slightly fairer. Lana could always occupy that space if your character was a monster who had killed him.) But I question what will happen if we have any Saboteur options around for Lana to witness. I know she's in the know of what we're doing but there's a difference between knowing about it, and actually seeing someone sabotage your original faction. Unless she happens to wander off like all the other characters do whilst we do said Sabotage, she's going to be there. Not sure how comfortable I'd be her witnessing that.

Then again, they may not add any Sabotage options at all and there's nothing to worry about.

I just wish we'd get more check ins with Theron (and Koth) instead of just Lana, Lana, Lana.

(since the devs were horrified when asked for a kill Lana option and exclaimed that she hadn’t done anything to deserve it but apparently Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette, Torian, and Theron had...)

That's the issue, in the Devs opinion she's done nothing wrong ever. My Smuggler would have killed her many times over for her various slights since Rishi. Final straw would have been hiding that the SIS wanted to contact him for some time, her keeping information from him like that would have been the final straw. I'm still annoyed about the dumb Virmire decision because it was just so pointless and unnecessary. We already had to stop Vaylin, we didn't need the dumb choice that didn't really work emotionally for anyone other than a Hunter/Warrior.

Edited by Farferello

One of the main things I don't like about Lana tagging along (other than she's doing both factions instead of Theron coming with a Pub instead to at least make it slightly fairer. Lana could always occupy that space if your character was a monster who had killed him.) But I question what will happen if we have any Saboteur options around for Lana to witness. I know she's in the know of what we're doing but there's a difference between knowing about it, and actually seeing someone sabotage your original faction. Unless she happens to wander off like all the other characters do whilst we do said Sabotage, she's going to be there. Not sure how comfortable I'd be her witnessing that.

Then again, they may not add any Sabotage options at all and there's nothing to worry about.

I just wish we'd get more check ins with Theron (and Koth) instead of just Lana, Lana, Lana.

That's the issue, in the Devs opinion she's done nothing wrong ever. My Smuggler would have killed her many times over for her various slights since Rishi. Final straw would have been hiding that the SIS wanted to contact him for some time, her keeping information from him like that would have been the final straw. I'm still annoyed about the dumb Virmire decision because it was just so pointless and unnecessary. We already had to stop Vaylin, we didn't need the dumb choice that didn't really work emotionally for anyone other than a Hunter/Warrior.

I couldn't agree more - I don't even care if she did something wrong or not - they shouldn't have given Theron a kill option and Lana not - either allow both to be killed or keep both save. And the "Lana did nothing wrong" excuse - sorry, but they write the character stories, they decide who does what. And Theron was just trying to save the Commander and the Alliance. I get that people got upset that it was the Theron and Lana story but to give Theron a kill option just to keep shoving us Lana in the face isn't really a good solution either.

I actually like(d) Lana and have her as LI for some characters. But the way she keeps being written as the best friend ever (no matter how you or characters feel about her) and the writers decide that this is ok because she did nothing wrong so she must be your best friend is really making me like her less and less. Not because of her character just because I don't have the option on characters that are not her best friend/lover to express this and not have her hover over me every single time.

I understand that is due to budget reasons but in cases where they already have other characters like Theron, Arcan or whoever in the story/flashpoint they could switch Lana to Theron or someone else (if they happen to be alive and maybe your LI) without too much effort. Or at least give us dialog options to express that we don't see her as best friend ever.

I think I will switch from Lana to a different LI for my characters - at the moment I don't even like to play them because it irks me too much. It feels ok if you have Lana as LI but everytime I play a different character that is not her LI (even if she is a good but not the best friend) it just annoys me.

Yes, if nothing else at the very least if all we're ever going to get is Lana content to only have to pay one VA or whatever, at least give us some ALTERNATE Lana content where we can have a negative relationship with her, just forced together by circumstance or whatever.

I don't like Lana either, but this is the Theron thread. Let's face it this last expansion she wasn't forced much on us at all. I can handle her on an FP. Just don't have her hovering over me. The only persons allowed to hover over my BH are her husband Theron, and Gault because Gault is a safe person for her. If they stop shoving her in personal moments, I'd like her.

I think I will switch from Lana to a different LI for my characters - at the moment I don't even like to play them because it irks me too much. It feels ok if you have Lana as LI but everytime I play a different character that is not her LI (even if she is a good but not the best friend) it just annoys me.

This is where I ended up. I liked Lana just fine in SoR and planned on keeping at least one character in a romance with her, but the overwhelming favoritism the developers showed her leading up to KotFE and beyond has thoroughly soured me on her. There needs to be some quality content with a non-Lana character and soon if the story is going to be worth playing through even once. I am bringing fewer and fewer alts through the new stories because this current writing team doesn't seem capable of writing relationships, and relationships are the core of most good fiction. I am resigned to never seeing the vanilla characters again, but damn it, they promised the kill option on Theron wouldn't "brick" him, and it most certainly did!

Edited by Damask_Rose

I don't like Lana either, but this is the Theron thread. Let's face it this last expansion she wasn't forced much on us at all. I can handle her on an FP. Just don't have her hovering over me. The only persons allowed to hover over my BH are her husband Theron, and Gault because Gault is a safe person for her. If they stop shoving her in personal moments, I'd like her.

True, sorry, was kind of disappointed when I saw the new loading screen and the new information from the livestream.

Anyway, I am glad we already got a lot of content for Theron but hopefully there is more to come. I really would like to see Jonas and Theron together in a mission with us, that could be fun.

I suppose it was answered before but do you prefer his old or newer look (Nathema FP)? I like his new outfit but the old hairstyle to be honest.

I am holding back a LS SW for him because I am not sure what to do with her - staying with the Empire or playing Saboteur - joining the Republic would be the goal but I don't know what they are doing with the Saboteur story line and it takes so long with the story updates...and I have a LS double Agent (Saboteur) for him but I didn't really paid attention in the Corellia FP and took the Saboteur option - only to have Theron angry with me... now I am waiting with playing her to be on the safe side. Much less hassle to play just LS Republic...

The problem with kill options is it's a write out for everyone, not just characters who chose the option, anyone who doesn't choose the options ends up having the character written out as well.

And Lana's done nothing wrong? Uh, for someone who brags about having a strong connection to the Force (mentioned several times throughout the SOR storyline and again in KOTFE Chapter 9) she can't ever sense betrayal. Arcus, Koth (depending on your choices), Senya, Theron, and she's always caught off guard, course if you're playing a Force sensitive character that too says a lot about you as a Character as well with the whole ability to leave an impact throughout the galaxy everywhere you go and with everything you do as well as to be a potential vessel for Tenebrae, it's very interesting Lana nor the Commander (if Force Sensitive) has not learned to use the Force to try and detect such things. It comes down to poor writing on their part, not that a character does anything wrong. Don't get me wrong, I like Lana but good grief, they shouldn't be sidelining Theron.

And to claim there will be new romances? Nah, not interested in new love or romance, I just wanna have a romantic time with Theron. So having a hard time getting excited for this new expansion.

Edited by DarthEnrique

but damn it, they promised the kill option on Theron wouldn't "brick" him, and it most certainly did!

Exactly and they also pushed so hard on how our choices throughout both KOTFE and KOTET and the Traitor arc would matter but yet Theron's being sidelined as a voiceless cardboard cutout as seen in

and
. Should have known their claim was too good to be true. Edited by DarthEnrique

He gets angry with you when siding with the Empire you let them bomb the civilians of Corellia. If they do the dumb thing to have him divorce you, I hope it would not be out of the blue. He'll give you a warning and do a Padme saying "You're breaking my heart!". He'll give you a chance to stop going all out old Sith, but if you continue those dark choices then he would. Hopefully the game gives you a pop-up to warn you if you take this dialogue choice you lose the romance and give you the option not to do it.

I would never do it, of course. Sith gain power over the Force through Passion. Anger and Fear are merely very strong ways to do it, but Theron is all the Passion my Sith needs to be the most powerful Force user in the galaxy. Sometimes that does mean taking the Light choice, but that furthers the power over the Force to master the Dark and Light side.

Yeah I know, I did that on my first play through and I was pretty hurt by him yelling at me, so my second play through when I LS he was fine but yeah they better give us a warning cause I don't want to lose Theron either.

Edited by DarthEnrique

• 3 weeks later...