Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

I think what attracts my BH to Theron is that like her he fought to live his life on his own terms. Not as a soldier or living according to Jedi philosophy but finding his own way to live up to his beliefs. Being Hot didn't hurt in BH's eyes, but his tenacity sealed the deal.

• 1 month later...

After learning Troy Baker voiced Theron I would listen to videos/interviews he did online, but he never sounded like Theron. I presumed it was his normal voice and moved on. However, news to me, I recently learned he does participate in Cameos.com, where people can hire a celebrity to do a personalized video call. There are various sample videos of him there. In those videos I hear Theron every time.

Playing War on Iokath again, I'm starting to think when you're talking to the superweapon Theron is sabotaging the throne, but it's to save you not hurt you as the scene appears to portray. The superweapon tells you you are a sacrifice, Similar to Malcolm/Acina depending on who you side with, you are meant to die on the throne to power the Superweapon. It happened to the dead Creator you saw earlier. It happens to the Co-Conspirators to power up Zildrog. You need to be on the throne to get the superweapon's location, but Theron setting up the power charge to force you out of the chair saves your life. It hurts in the process, helping a lot for his cover with the Order of Zildrog, but he's saving you. Theron loves you.

• 4 months later...

I have done the romance through all content up to date on a Bounty Hunter. I have done the romance up to the start of The Fallen Empire on both a Jedi Councleour and an Imperial Spy. So far I have to say I prefer the Bounty Hunter with Theron. 💕

The romance on my JC was sweet but it was very mellow and it felt inevitable. I also could not express concern to Theron about his condition after he escaped on his own on Rishi. I could do so on my Imperial characters and I really wanted to ask him if he was alright! (On a side note, I accidentally killed Master Surro on Ziost in front of Theron because I couldn't escape out of the dialogue in time - I was curious about what would happen - and Theron still forgave me.) His heart is so big❣️

On my BH, there was a lot of unresolved sexual tension and Tom Spackman delivered the flirt lines beautifully! Seriously, his voice acting is golden and I appreciate that even though BH with Theron is not as common, Tom still takes care to deliver the lines and sound as if he truly cares about Theron. ❤️‍🔥

On my IA, 🕵🏽 the romance was.... hmm.... not bad. It just did not feel real and many of the lines were said quickly or with not as much care. Particularly the first meeting on Rishi: "Are you really asking me that... after the last time I saw you?" I just could not help but compare that line to Tom's which sounded more flirty. The line also did not feel to me as if it complemented the previous flirt line of: "How coy. I think someone in the SIS has a crush on me..." (I do love the tone of Bertie Carvel's voice there though!) It felt to me as more of a statement and not an expression of mutual attraction. Unlike the BH's line of: "Hey, it's okay. You can admit it. You're totally into me," as he gestures to himself. Which again, the voice acting! 😍 Where is the melting heart emoji? To me, the follow-up flirt line on Rishi fits this line more.

Through the class storyline, my IA only delivered a total of three flirt lines before Hunter. One of whom he immediately killed afterwards. 🗡️ He flirted a lot with Hunter and she is the only person he kissed in the entire storyline. So I'm not flirting a lot with Theron either, and when I do choose the flirt lines, they don't seem in to be in character. Thus, during the one-on-one conversation with Theron on Rishi, before heading to Yavin-4, my IA did not kiss him even though he could have. (Theron was shocked and confused by that too. 🤣) Maybe if I were to play my IA differently next time, I would have a different impression of the romance. 🤔

The JC romance felt a bit like the little I have encountered of the Lana romance. I have not romanced her, but on my IA I have tested the flirt lines out (without committing to them fully) and by the second flirt they were already holding hands (in the Imperial Fleet cantina). 👫 Even though my IA has not finished a dialogue with a committed flirt line. Thus, there is no record of him flirting with her. Her romance comes off as inevitable for this reason and I wonder if Republic characters get the same impression of her romance. Or if it has a slower build-up. On the Imperial side with Theron, there is a lot of slow burn that I did not encounter on the Republic side with my JC.

My next character that may end up romancing Theron will likely be a smuggler. I am tempted to romance him on my JK but I want her to romance Koth (whom I really like!). Even though I know he completely disappears from the game after Inflection Point and she'll be alone for ages as a consequence. 💔

Edited by yenzin
added 'I' to the beginning.
  • Like 2

It's fun to romance Theron with a SI. I like how the male SI seems to be not as smooth at flirting, at least that's the feelings I always get. He is a bit awkward when he leans more on the cute of the cute and deadly balance.

With the male IA it's the ultimate slow burn. I think the VA deliver it perfectly. There's no way the IA is going to trust or even like a SIS agent from the start, and it makes perfect sense that all his flirts are half-real half-honey trap until kotfe where he starts to sound genuine.

How have i never posted in this thread? Theron is the best, literally will tear the galaxy in half to keep you safe too even if he might go about things a little harebrained at times lol

After flirting with him very few original companions get to reclaim my "official" love after i've had Theron Shan and even then i headcannon half the time there are "continuations" of the romance if you get my drift.

My Counselor now being able to flirt with Zeneth is super fun now too because to me it's not really cheating is i? 😉

Honestly i think they should allow multiple romances concurrently too lol

Theron has basically no competition for my favorite character in this game, and considering how many of the characters I absolutely love to death and will also protect at all costs, that is actually saying something lol

I love so much that he goes from socially awkward loner who's bad at every kind of relationship to slowly opening up and eventually just being super sweet and openly affectionate while also never actually losing all of the awkwardness (that does not go away easily, folks!), and also that he constantly worries in the most adorable way possible.  He's super brave and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and will do anything to protect the people he cares about, which is a lot of people, because he has a big squishy heart even if he hides it behind walls sometimes.  And istg Theron if you say you don't deserve something one more time imma reach into the screen and give you hugs until one of us passes out. (I may have just been watching my Nathema Conspiracy playthrough again, don't judge me.)  Best spy boyfriend.

I am pretty new to the game and I have only gone completely all the way through the entire story twice and both times I romanced Theron (once on female consular and once on male jedi knight - you better believe I am letting my precious bi spy boy live his best bi life) because I knew after the first time through that the story is just so good, and it makes his character arc so good.  As I get more characters into the main story, I keep telling myself I'm gonna mix it up and not romance him this time (like, I made another consular and I really wanna romance Zenith at least once but also it's only one scene and so late in the story and there is an entire romance story with Theron before that, like Theron is literally in 3 scenes after Zenith's return so far 😆), but I keep failing because I love him too much, and I know how flippin good the romance story is, and how good it makes his character arc, and in particular how much more the fractured alliances story gets me in the feels.  He is beautiful and I am weak.  Also undercover Theron is hottest Theron, and I will take no arguments, ty.😅

(p.s. bless the people who resurrected this thread, ty for allowing me to gush about the best boy.  I have a lot of feels.  Theron must be protected at all costs.)

Edited by cannibithobbal

1 hour ago, YaddleTwo said:

My Counselor now being able to flirt with Zeneth is super fun now too because to me it's not really cheating is i? 😉

Ok, but does flirting with Zenith mess with your status of romancing Theron in game or does it not mess up anything since that is past the point of engagement?  Asking........ for a friend 😆

On 4/19/2023 at 10:15 PM, eabevella said:

It's fun to romance Theron with a SI. I like how the male SI seems to be not as smooth at flirting, at least that's the feelings I always get. He is a bit awkward when he leans more on the cute of the cute and deadly balance.

With the male IA it's the ultimate slow burn. I think the VA deliver it perfectly. There's no way the IA is going to trust or even like a SIS agent from the start, and it makes perfect sense that all his flirts are half-real half-honey trap until kotfe where he starts to sound genuine.

You are not kidding at all about the slow burn! 🔥 Mostly also because it turns I made a grievous error unknowingly. (Super excited to get to KotFE and experience those voice changes you talk about. And, yes, completely agree that the slow burn makes sense in that context! Not the best history with people in the SIS...)

So, I was wondering if there was something fundamental I missed about the IA 🕵🏽 romance and I went back and watched through all my videos. It just felt so lacking in comparison to my BH. And yes! Turns out I locked myself out of it on Yavin 4!!!! How did I manage to forget about that?! Seriously, either I did not flirt with him enough on Rishi, or the kiss at the end of Rishi was needed to seal the romance. There are no flirt options on Yavin 4 because our favourite agent is in Serious Agent Mode, but there is a one-on-one conversation I missed out on as a result of declining that kiss. (The conversation right after the interrogation of the Emperor's Guard.) And then, at the end of the Revan fight, there is no hug or kiss or one-on-one with Theron when he is saying goodbye. And Lana is right there as a shadow too! 👻

Let that be a lesson to all of you. If you want to romance Theron on Yavin 4, whether or not it is in character for your character, kiss that man on Rishi! Otherwise, you'll miss out completely on Yavin 4. Seems I'm redoing my agent after all because my current one is apparently still hung up on Hunter and unwilling to kiss anyone else right now. 😅

Ohh! In regards to a SI romance, I have not done it, but in my quest to figure out what I did wrong, I came across this line between Theron and a SI/SW. It is during that conversation I missed on Yavin. 🤣

Player: No lightsabers for you. - So much for you following in your mother's footsteps and becoming a Jedi. Or even a Sith, for that matter.
Theron Shan A Sith. Right. And I could be your apprentice. I may be into you, but I'm not that into you.

Edited by yenzin
SIS

20 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

Ok, but does flirting with Zenith mess with your status of romancing Theron in game or does it not mess up anything since that is past the point of engagement?  Asking........ for a friend 😆

I loved Zenith while playing JC! He and Theron share a VA so it felt like Theron was there with me too. 💖

So far, the "romance" is only that one flirt line when the JC and Zenith meet up again and the JC is asking Zenith to join up. Taking it does not trigger an official romance so it is completely safe to go through with that dialogue line. I'm hoping BW expands upon that and turns it into a real romance in the future. 💖

Hopefully, that eases your friend's mind. 😉

Edited by yenzin

A pleasure to hear from you new and returning people! 🎉

This thread will never die! It just takes small breaks from time to time. We have to make sure BW doesn't do our favourite man dirty, after all. (Don't even think it, BW!) 😉 I am pretty sure it is because of this thread that Theron is still around. In a limited capacity, sure, but he is still here. (We demand more Theron!!!) Now if only Lana would give him his job back...💘

Edited by yenzin
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, yenzin said:

I loved Zenith while playing JC! He and Theron share a VA so it felt like Theron was there with me too. 💖

So far, the "romance" is only that one flirt line when the JC and Zenith meet up again and the JC is asking Zenith to join up. Taking it does not trigger an official romance so it is completely safe to go through with that dialogue line. I'm hoping BW expands upon that and turns it into a real romance in the future. 💖

well.  I know what I'm doing this consular playthrough then.  I was too scared to mess with existing romance the first time.

I cannot lie, the first time through the story, I liked Zenith fine but didn't love Zenith, he was like... 3rd favorite consular companion, I never took him around with me or anything (it was Qyzen until I got Nadia, then Nadia forever).  But then the one singular scene where he comes back actually completely turned me around on him completely and now I really love my grumpy twi'lek pal, and on second consular playthrough I am taking him as my main companion since getting him. 

(Also, doing the scene where he comes back on jedi knight and getting straight up rejected hurt me a lil bit, I cannot lie 😅 )

And to not derail the Theron thread: ngl, having spent way more time with both characters separately by this point, most of the time Theron and Zenith somehow actually sound totally different to me now (or at least, distinct enough I always know who is talking, like an Orphan Black type situation haha).......... until those times when suddenly they sound exactly the same, like how they both say "done and done" 🤣  

..........still waiting for them to give us a scene with the two talking to each other....... for reasons. 😅   the end of the non-consular scene (and the mail you get from Zenith afterwards) definitely leaves it open for Zenith to come back so it could still happen........ right?  🫠

Edited by cannibithobbal

1 hour ago, yenzin said:

You are not kidding at all about the slow burn! 🔥 Mostly also because it turns I made a grievous error unknowingly. (Super excited to get to KotFE and experience those voice changes you talk about. And, yes, completely agree that the slow burn makes sense in that context! Not the best history working with people in the SIS...)

So, I was wondering if there was something fundamental I missed about the IA 🕵🏽 romance and I went back and watched through all my videos. It just felt so lacking in comparison to my BH. And yes! Turns out I locked myself out of it on Yavin 4!!!! How did I manage to forget about that?! Seriously, either I did not flirt with him enough on Rishi, or the kiss at the end of Rishi was needed to seal the romance. There are no flirt options on Yavin 4 because our favourite agent is in Serious Agent Mode, but there is a one-on-one conversation I missed out on as a result of declining that kiss. (The conversation right after the interrogation of the Emperor's Guard.) And then, at the end of the Revan fight, there is no hug or kiss or one-on-one with Theron when he is saying goodbye. And Lana is right there as a shadow too! 👻

Let that be a lesson to all of you. If you want to romance Theron on Yavin 4, whether or not it is in character for your character, kiss that man on Rishi! Otherwise, you'll miss out completely on Yavin 4. Seems I'm redoing my agent after all because my current one is apparently still hung up on Hunter and unwilling to kiss anyone else right now. 😅

Ohh! In regards to a SI romance, I have not done it, but in my quest to figure out what I did wrong, I came across this line between Theron and a SI/SW. It is during that conversation I missed on Yavin. 🤣

Player: No lightsabers for you. - So much for you following in your mother's footsteps and becoming a Jedi. Or even a Sith, for that matter.
Theron Shan A Sith. Right. And I could be your apprentice. I may be into you, but I'm not that into you.

I think I spoiled myself by looking for romance tips beforehand so I know I have to pick the flirt dialogues even though I play a cold indifferent agent. Kinda hope there are more romance chackpoints but the ones in the Manaan-Rishi expansions are so good, I'm not complaining.

SI does the most awkward yet funny casual talk I always imagine it took a while before Theron realized that's the SI's way of flirting lol

On 4/20/2023 at 2:35 AM, cannibithobbal said:

and also that he constantly worries in the most adorable way possible.  He's super brave and carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and will do anything to protect the people he cares about, 

He cares constantly for people even if they don't deserve it or tell him to back off. I finally got around to reading Annihilation by Drew Karpyshyn (haven't finished yet) and his character is so forgiving, caring, and humorous. There is a character whom Theron is constantly protecting from the shadows and she finally cottons on after he saves her life one too many times. She gets mad and yells at him and tells him she didn't need his help - tell that to the assassin that would have blown your face off! - and threatens to kill him the next time she sees him. Then, when he needs a favour in turn, she charges him for it and tells him that they are now even. To which he simply laughs and agrees. 😲

.... What?! How is that even fair? How much is your life worth, lady? (I find myself talking to the book a lot as I read it.) Seriously, Theron, love, you need to associate yourself more with people that appreciate you. Maybe then your sense of self-worth will improve. Agreed that he needs all the hugs! 🧸🤗

• Like 1

8 hours ago, eabevella said:

I think I spoiled myself by looking for romance tips beforehand so I know I have to pick the flirt dialogues even though I play a cold indifferent agent. Kinda hope there are more romance chackpoints but the ones in the Manaan-Rishi expansions are so good, I'm not complaining.

SI does the most awkward yet funny casual talk I always imagine it took a while before Theron realized that's the SI's way of flirting lol

The more I think about it, the more I like the way it played out for me. Going into Ziost, I think there are only two flirt lines. 🤔 I have never taken them on any of my characters for they never feel appropriate for the situation. So it's going to be ages ♾️ (FE Chapter 9 takes so long to get to! 😵) before my next flirt opportunity. And I find that I am okay with that. Seems very appropriate for my agent's character. 🤭

On 4/20/2023 at 6:14 AM, JakRoanin said:

I'm still waiting for a bonus chapter like the HK-55 chapter only controlling Theron on a spy mission.

Me: Theron, watch out, there are five opponents ahead of you.

Theron: I see 'em. (proceeds to easily handles four of them them.) (readies bracer.) Toxicity 1. (last one gets knocked out.) (is left standing in the middle of a ring of bodies.) Situation under control. 

Me: (clears throat.) Right. Keep moving then. You don't have much time.

Agreed! He needs more moments to shine. A Theron spy mission would be amazing!

Edited by yenzin
grammar

4 hours ago, yenzin said:

Seriously, Theron, love, you need to associate yourself more with people that appreciate you. Maybe then your sense of self-worth will improve. Agreed that he needs all the hugs! 🧸🤗

omg, Theron bb.  yes, yes he does.  All. The. Hugs.  it seriously gets me right in the feels every time he says "I don't deserve {xyz good thing}" (which he says 3 separate times in The Nathema Conspiracy) because *you deserve everything good Theron, stop staying that*.  And he says that to the people who care about and appreciate him most in the galaxy, so, I can only imagine if he didn't have them.  🥲   His heart is too big for his own good sometimes.  Sometimes it's so big it maybe overrides his brain a little bit 😅

Edited by cannibithobbal

48 minutes ago, yenzin said:

Agreed! He needs more moments to shine. A Theron spy mission would be amazing!

*ahem* And just think how much regret anyone who actually chose to kill him or get rid of him would feel missing out on an entire mission. *ahem* 😎 

Genuinely, this or any other kind of side mission (playing your own character or playing him - honestly I would rather play my own because romance options) would be the perfect way to give those of us who did the right thing and saved him the Theron we deserve without BW having to make double scenes with and without him.  A win-win, yes yes?? 😇

Edited by cannibithobbal

10 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

*ahem* And just think how much regret anyone who actually chose to kill him or get rid of him would feel missing out on an entire mission. *ahem* 😎 

Genuinely, this or any other kind of side mission (playing your own character or playing him - honestly I would rather play my own because romance options) would be the perfect way to give those of us who did the right thing and saved him the Theron we deserve without BW having to make double scenes with and without him.  A win-win, yes yes?? 😇

Agreed! Only those of us that don't break our toys should be allowed to have nice things. 😇 And this? Would be a very nice thing! 

😉BW, are You listening? 😉

• Like 1

The slow burn continues! 🔥 I am still locked out of the romance. Thus, no flirt options for me on Ziost. I wouldn't have taken them anyway, but still - Distressing! I swear, Game, if I am still locked out after slogging through eight Theron-less chapters of Fallen Empire, I will decode you! 😠

What was awesome were the chats between them and how they both worked together again. I asked him for his help and was able to tell him the experience has been nice. I could really feel the trust building. It was amazing! I loved the building chemistry between them. 😍 

I wasn't locked out of Lana's though. Despite not flirting with her at all in Shadow of Revan, I had two opportunities to do so on Ziost. (I sense preferential treatment here...) I took one of them because it amused me that she didn't take me seriously and accused me of joking. Which, fair, I was. Also, if someone flirted with me out of nowhere I would think they were joking too. 😂

Edited by yenzin
nine -> eight
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, yenzin said:

The slow burn continues! 🔥 I am still locked out of the romance. Thus, no flirt options for me on Ziost. I wouldn't have taken them anyway, but still - Distressing! I swear, Game, if I am still locked out after slogging through eight Theron-less chapters of Fallen Empire, I will decode you! 😠

Thankfully, KotFE doesn't take previous romance or non romance with Theron or Lana into account in any way.  On my consular I didn't do a single flirt with ANYONE prior to flirting with Theron in chapter 9 and I was able to fully romance him the whole rest of the way.  You'll be fine 👍 

ngl though, part of me wishes it would let you start a romance during KotFe but also acknowledge if you did start it before, because Theron being like "I wasn't sure you'd remember me" when you literally banged on Yavin is a little awkward, like how forgettable do you think you are, Theron, jeebus 🤣

19 hours ago, yenzin said:

The more I think about it, the more I like the way it played out for me. Going into Ziost, I think there are only two flirt lines. 🤔 I have never taken them on any of my characters for they never feel appropriate for the situation. So it's going to be ages ♾️ (FE Chapter 9 takes so long to get to! 😵) before my next flirt opportunity. And I find that I am okay with that. Seems very appropriate for my agent's character. 🤭

Being on Ziost with Vitiate mind controling everyone must be like reliving the castellan restraints PTSD 24/7... yikes.

It's good that Theron was there even though he kind of made things worse. At least there's one more person you can trust. It hurts to see how he suffers because most of the Sixth line Jedi died though :(