Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Nah i kept the haircut as well, wasn't too fan at the begining and kept it mostly because i liked the more visible scars around the implants and the darker hair color, but the style itself grew on me, and i always leave it now. Actually, i think i came to like it more than the original one.

But i don't like the outfit, and change to Frontline Slicer as soon as i can.

I'm the opposite; liked his new outfit but hate the hair. I generally get rid of Theron's original outfit as soon as possible, however that outfit looks good on my female characters (though I usually change the boots).

It is great that the the only thing we agree to disagree is Theron's hair lol

That's because he's awsome, no matter the hairstyle :D

I'm the opposite; liked his new outfit but hate the hair. I generally get rid of Theron's original outfit as soon as possible, however that outfit looks good on my female characters (though I usually change the boots).

I absolutely hate his SoR outfit, and change it as soon as i can. The jacket would be fine without the weird shape of the shoulders, the T-shirt and pants have awful colors, and the boots are hideous.

The Zildrog arc outfit, the jacket and bracers / gloves are okayish, but i'm not a fan of the boots and i really don't like the pants.

I'm really not a fan of the color too. The whole outfit being grey makes it look like pajamas.

And that long coat hides his mighty fine assets, which is not good, i think he looks better with short jackets like the Secret Agent one, or no jacket like with the Frontline Slicer set (imo, this set just looks so great on him, makes him look slightly more athletic and well, highlights his very fine assets).

On a slightly unrelated note, but still related to Theron, i made a new screenshot while going through some recordings. I really like that they're side by side and looking in the same direction

Edited by Goreshaga

On a slightly unrelated note, but still related to Theron, i made a new screenshot while going through some recordings. I really like that they're side by side and looking in the same direction

I wasn't a fan of the new haircut, but here it's not so bad. Perhaps it's because they changed his entire look that bothers me. I like his original outfit. The all grey outfit is ugly to me. Anyway, because of my personal playstyle it will still be awhile before I play Space Barbie with him, but it's something to think about.

That's because he's awsome, no matter the hairstyle :D

I absolutely hate his SoR outfit, and change it as soon as i can. The jacket would be fine without the weird shape of the shoulders, the T-shirt and pants have awful colors, and the boots are hideous.

The Zildrog arc outfit, the jacket and bracers / gloves are okayish, but i'm not a fan of the boots and i really don't like the pants.

I'm really not a fan of the color too. The whole outfit being grey makes it look like pajamas.

And that long coat hides his mighty fine assets, which is not good, i think he looks better with short jackets like the Secret Agent one, or no jacket like with the Frontline Slicer set (imo, this set just looks so great on him, makes him look slightly more athletic and well, highlights his very fine assets).

Theron is awesome, that we all agree.

I have no idea who design that weird shoulder thing of Theron's SoR jacket and I hate the short sleeve over long sleeve two layer sleeves design (why so many swtor outfits have sleeves like that?). It would be better if his sweater and pants are dark black-brown instead of the light brown, or just black, it goes better with red. Expert Outlaw looks good on him. I like the all black look and the light armor.

The Nathema outfit looks kind of like a mop (sorry to anyone who likes it), I guess it's grunge style? lol

The screenshot looks great!

I mostly play imperial so usualy Republic are the ones thats I hate and I let them die every time that I can. But Theron Shan as been written so well that I anjoy him and use him sometimes.

He deserve a place in my team, while I hope that someday I'll be able to let Malavin Quiin die.

I want a go away option for Lana, it isn't fair that Theron has one and she doesn't. Theron doesn't harp on you even if he disagrees with your actions. Lana doesn't know when to stop. Still, all of my Imp players have major grudges against the Empire, so they generally disagree with almost everything Lana says. It did take some time for a few to warm up to Theron but he is better than Lana at his job. RESPECT.

That's such a nice shot.

Thanks ^^

I wasn't a fan of the new haircut, but here it's not so bad. Perhaps it's because they changed his entire look that bothers me. I like his original outfit. The all grey outfit is ugly to me. Anyway, because of my personal playstyle it will still be awhile before I play Space Barbie with him, but it's something to think about.

I don't like any of his default look.

Honestly i wasn't too fond of the new hairstyle untill i gave him that outfit, and i think they go well together.

Theron is awesome, that we all agree.

I have no idea who design that weird shoulder thing of Theron's SoR jacket and I hate the short sleeve over long sleeve two layer sleeves design (why so many swtor outfits have sleeves like that?). It would be better if his sweater and pants are dark black-brown instead of the light brown, or just black, it goes better with red. Expert Outlaw looks good on him. I like the all black look and the light armor.

The Nathema outfit looks kind of like a mop (sorry to anyone who likes it), I guess it's grunge style? lol

The screenshot looks great!

Yup. ^^

I don't know, someone with weird taste i guess.

I'm not too fond of the big shoulder pads on the Expert Outlaw set, especially since the rest of the outfit is very form fitting, but it still looks better than both his default looks, imo.

Thanks ^^

I want a go away option for Lana, it isn't fair that Theron has one and she doesn't. Theron doesn't harp on you even if he disagrees with your actions. Lana doesn't know when to stop. Still, all of my Imp players have major grudges against the Empire, so they generally disagree with almost everything Lana says. It did take some time for a few to warm up to Theron but he is better than Lana at his job. RESPECT.

Same, i'm just tired of her and the constant favored treatment she receives. And considering all my mains allied with the Republic, she's not necessarily the most welcomed here, and there's no reason why they should trust her over litterally anyone they know better than her, especially considering how many times she's been shown to be a manipulator who has no issue using and lying to people, even her friends and allies to get what she wants.

Sorry bit of a change of topic. I came across this youtube video that seems to emulate the voice actors for Lana and Theron. Had me wondering if what this could mean for fan made content if Theron gets phased out of future game content :cool: Would be cool if this technology could be perfected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK2vEpS-oGA

I usually just leave Theron in his default outfit though I agree, the shoulders pads are not right. It's a fashion choice to make him seem more buff but meh.

I want to put him in something like canderous' outfit (show a bit of arm ;) ) but I don't see that something Theron would wear... maybe if it was seasonally appropriate?

Edited by RitaSandria

Very concerned how Theron was in Relentless Ambitions but didn’t have any lines:

He gets one line if you play as Republic.

Got to play my first Space Barbie with Theron. I put him in the Canderous Ordo top and Revealing Bodysuit pants, and dyed it red for my Jedi Knight. Looks good. I'd be too self-conscious and it does look silly on him to have him wear the bathing suit or shirtless stealth. Let's not get kinky/Rule 34 here. :p I'll try another look next time.

Edited by Hadsil

I feel like at this point the devs are directly trolling those of us who hate Lana. Adding yet ANOTHER scene where we wake up to her face looming over us (while our friends or love interests just leave us unconscious on the floor)? How many is this now? Four? They're never going to give us the option to get rid of her, she's firmly entrenched as the writer's pet and it's insufferable.

I feel like at this point the devs are directly trolling those of us who hate Lana. Adding yet ANOTHER scene where we wake up to her face looming over us (while our friends or love interests just leave us unconscious on the floor)? How many is this now? Four? They're never going to give us the option to get rid of her, she's firmly entrenched as the writer's pet and it's insufferable.

Now lets be civil about everything, Lana is very important to many players. They have right to her. We have the right to dislike her. We have Theron and that is great.

Now lets be civil about everything, Lana is very important to many players. They have right to her. We have the right to dislike her. We have Theron and that is great.

It would be easier to be civil if things were balanced. It is so biased towards Lana it's infuriating! Bioware should never have marginalized Theron while elevating Lana unless they wanted to give their female and gay playerbase the middle finger.

I don't disagree that it's unbalanced but tone can help a lot in persuading for change. Theron should have equal treatment with Lana, yes. However, being reasonable and kind to the Devs works better then accusing them of pernicious conduct. Personally, I'd love to have a chapter like "Shroud of Memory" with Theron doing his thing. However, Lana lovers would have to have one too. That's only right.

I don't disagree that it's unbalanced but tone can help a lot in persuading for change. Theron should have equal treatment with Lana, yes. However, being reasonable and kind to the Devs works better then accusing them of pernicious conduct. Personally, I'd love to have a chapter like "Shroud of Memory" with Theron doing his thing. However, Lana lovers would have to have one too. That's only right.

It's been years, they know many of us don't like her and want to get rid of her and they don't care. A few years ago in a livestream someone asked if we could get an option to kill Lana and they were scandalized and said something along the lines of "she hasn't done anything to deserve that :O" well neither had Jorgan, Kaliyo, Vette, Torian, or Theron but here we are. Koth hadn't done anything to deserve death until they wrote him as doing so and they gave Quinn a kill option years later when it no longer made sense. With the rest of the companions and love interests they just show back up and then disappear into silent irrelevance. If the devs wanted to give us a kill or dismiss option for Lana they would have done so by now, there were many opportunities. Theron is the only companion/love interest that gets fairly regular screen time but his role is dwarfed compared to hers. I reserve the right to be unabashedly salty about it at this point.

It would be easier to be civil if things were balanced. It is so biased towards Lana it's infuriating! Bioware should never have marginalized Theron while elevating Lana unless they wanted to give their female and gay playerbase the middle finger.

It definitely wouldn't be the first time :/ I get the feeling most of the higher ups are straight men and see the player base as being the same with the desires of straight women and gay men as an afterthought and the only reason lesbian women are getting so much content with Lana is because they have to share it with straight men. There's no way she would have gotten this treatment if she was a same sex only romance.

Edited by Nefla

It's been years, they know many of us don't like her and want to get rid of her and they don't care. A few years ago in a livestream someone asked if we could get an option to kill Lana and they were scandalized and said something along the lines of "she hasn't done anything to deserve that :O"

They also make many lame, and dumb jokes on the LiveStreams so I don't take that as hard evidence of maliciously hurting players. Also, people who really want her gone (like me) are a minority there may be a lot of us, but there are more people who love her. This is a business selling a luxury they want to make money.

Finally there are a lot of Comps we can't "kill" T7 (my boo) Blizz, (my child) Gault (crazy fun uncle) Mako, Akavvi, Risha, (all LI's) Doc can't be killed. Elara can't be killed. Irresso can't be killed. So it's not like Lana is the only LI immune from the kill option.

That said I only want her to leave. I'm not bloodthirsty.

As for Theron, I think it'd be fun if he and Satele had a crazy mission in-game instead of just in the comic.

They also make many lame, and dumb jokes on the LiveStreams so I don't take that as hard evidence of maliciously hurting players. Also, people who really want her gone (like me) are a minority there may be a lot of us, but there are more people who love her. This is a business selling a luxury they want to make money.

Finally there are a lot of Comps we can't "kill" T7 (my boo) Blizz, (my child) Gault (crazy fun uncle) Mako, Akavvi, Risha, (all LI's) Doc can't be killed. Elara can't be killed. Irresso can't be killed. So it's not like Lana is the only LI immune from the kill option.

That said I only want her to leave. I'm not bloodthirsty.

As for Theron, I think it'd be fun if he and Satele had a crazy mission in-game instead of just in the comic.

Like I said, the other companions disappear into silent irrelevance. The livestream doesn't prove malicious intent but it does prove that they're scandalized by the idea of killing off Lana and would likely never consider it. I would be overjoyed with a dismiss or part ways option for Lana, I play many light side characters and it wouldn't make sense for them to murder anyone as much as I hate that person. The devs decided that it was a good money making strategy to focus heavily on the straight male's love interest and drag their feet on the other ones (despite women using romance content at a higher rate than men do) and maybe they're right but I hate it and will never stop hating it or their pet.

I would also love to see Theron have more interaction with Satele and Jace(who we will likely never see again since he had a kill option also). So far it's been such brief and formal encounters :/

I was like "***" when I woke up to Lana at the end of Echoes of Oblivion.

Like... aren't you supposed to be on Odessen?????

That scene should be reserved to, LOGICALLY, either:

1) Theron, since he's here, he should be taking care of us when the Force users are doing their thing? We could have a nice talk with him regarding his relationship with Satele? Depending on how the conversation goes, it could be him fixing the relationship and realizing the player has been a vital part of helping him, or him completely give up on Satele and turn his fixation on the player (interesting "light vs dark side" choices that could fit both Pub and Imp side characters)

2) Kira and Scourge, since they are the one who brought out the mission and should be brought into a closure by them? We could have a nice talk with Kira about finally getting rid of the Emperor? and Scourge about finally fulfilling his vision (so many interesting take could be make depending whether you are light or dark side)? It's also the perfect place to add a romance scene to Jedi Knight who romance either of them.

Ok, since the devs make Theron killable because, well, people make stupid mistake, so 1 is not an option. Why not 2?

Personally, I'd put both 1 and 2 but focus on 2 because... it's their story! They deserve the spotlight!

I legit can't think of a reason to justify why the dev put Lana instead of Kira and Scourge there?

Even if people played the game wrong with Theron after the Incident he could still be the one you wake up to when you played correctly. It's a simple programmable decision tree of which dialogue scenes to present. Ideally your love interest among Theron, Kira, and Scourge would have priority. Lana too I suppose for those who romanced her. The Jedi Knight can have extra scenes to speak with Kira and Scourge because of Class story. To be fair Bounty Hunter should have had something extra with Torian in Spirit of Vengeance and so forth for all Class/Companion combinations as the story develops. It's never about programming. It's about writing and getting the voice actors.

I don't mind Lana. I like she's a friend you can depend on, even with and especially for my Jedi characters. I don't want to get rid of her. What I want is more Theron!

I was like "***" when I woke up to Lana at the end of Echoes of Oblivion.

Like... aren't you supposed to be on Odessen?????

That scene should be reserved to, LOGICALLY, either:

1) Theron, since he's here, he should be taking care of us when the Force users are doing their thing? We could have a nice talk with him regarding his relationship with Satele? Depending on how the conversation goes, it could be him fixing the relationship and realizing the player has been a vital part of helping him, or him completely give up on Satele and turn his fixation on the player (interesting "light vs dark side" choices that could fit both Pub and Imp side characters)

2) Kira and Scourge, since they are the one who brought out the mission and should be brought into a closure by them? We could have a nice talk with Kira about finally getting rid of the Emperor? and Scourge about finally fulfilling his vision (so many interesting take could be make depending whether you are light or dark side)? It's also the perfect place to add a romance scene to Jedi Knight who romance either of them.

Ok, since the devs make Theron killable because, well, people make stupid mistake, so 1 is not an option. Why not 2?

Personally, I'd put both 1 and 2 but focus on 2 because... it's their story! They deserve the spotlight!

I legit can't think of a reason to justify why the dev put Lana instead of Kira and Scourge there?

Yeah I think I yelled at the screen when it happened "are you freaking kidding me?!" something along those lines. As you said, it would have made sense for Theron, Kira, Scourge, Arcann or Senya if you brought them, or even Satele and her students but having ALL of the people there with you just leave you unconscious on the floor and like call a third party to come scrape you off the floor because none of them (including your love interest) can be bothered and none of them are concerned that you haven't woken up after that experience. It makes no sense and was just an excuse to shoehorn in more Lana. X_X 0/10 hate it.

Scourge: "I waited 300 years for this man and fell in love with him but actually who cares, I'll leave him unconscious on the floor"

Theron: "My fiance just risked his life to help me save my mom and didn't wake up afterwards...oh well, I have charts to look at or something"

Kira: "My husband has been missing for years and we were finally reunited and defeated the emperor together but I have to go sharpen my lightsaber or something so I'll just abandon him in a vulnerable unconscious state"

Arcann: "The one person who showed me mercy and kindness and rid me of my crazed abusive father once and for all, the person I supposedly love and can't lose didn't wake up from the fight. Oh well, time to go do my taxes"

and so on. Like look, I get it, you painted yourself into a corner with all your kill options and one-cutscene romance options but you could have had the player character wake up alongside all of their companions that had joined them on the mission and only Satele and her students had left. You wouldn't even have to add any special romance dialogue if you were that strapped for cash, you could have just had one animation of someone looking over your character as they wake up and then helping them up and just swapped who the character was. If the PC's love interest was there then have it be them, if not have it be Kira.

I was sooo angry waking up to Lana after EoV. Literally enraged that despite the fact that my JC and my BH LI's were there with me and I wake up to her! No excuses that's just wrong! Theron should have been there for my BH Kali-Sati! Arcann should have been there for my JC Gia-Sade.

Yeah I think I yelled at the screen when it happened "are you freaking kidding me?!" something along those lines. As you said, it would have made sense for Theron, Kira, Scourge, Arcann or Senya if you brought them, or even Satele and her students but having ALL of the people there with you just leave you unconscious on the floor and like call a third party to come scrape you off the floor because none of them (including your love interest) can be bothered and none of them are concerned that you haven't woken up after that experience. It makes no sense and was just an excuse to shoehorn in more Lana. X_X 0/10 hate it.

Scourge: "I waited 300 years for this man and fell in love with him but actually who cares, I'll leave him unconscious on the floor"

Theron: "My fiance just risked his life to help me save my mom and didn't wake up afterwards...oh well, I have charts to look at or something"

Kira: "My husband has been missing for years and we were finally reunited and defeated the emperor together but I have to go sharpen my lightsaber or something so I'll just abandon him in a vulnerable unconscious state"

Arcann: "The one person who showed me mercy and kindness and rid me of my crazed abusive father once and for all, the person I supposedly love and can't lose didn't wake up from the fight. Oh well, time to go do my taxes"

and so on. Like look, I get it, you painted yourself into a corner with all your kill options and one-cutscene romance options but you could have had the player character wake up alongside all of their companions that had joined them on the mission and only Satele and her students had left. You wouldn't even have to add any special romance dialogue if you were that strapped for cash, you could have just had one animation of someone looking over your character as they wake up and then helping them up and just swapped who the character was. If the PC's love interest was there then have it be them, if not have it be Kira.

You're completely echoing what i said here when EoO came out.

I'm still so salty about that, seriously i want her gone now, i don't need a kill option (yet), but giving her the boot would be glorious.

As for finally having that option, iirc they said she'd leave if the PC commited war crimes against imp civilians. Wich :

1/ sucks as if your toon is LS you'd then have to go OOC to get rid of her, or be stuck with her forever,

2/ would not even make sense for her to behave like that when she was justifying an imperial weapon aimed at imperial citizens on Ziost, was advocating to let the zakuulan die to facilitate the escape, and mocking Theron for being upset if the PC lets the Empire bomb corellians... She clearly doesn't give a poodoo about civilians, so why would that suddenly become her no go ?

3/ The Empire have been the ones attacking ever since JUS, which also makes it difficult to commit war crimes tbh.

Seriously, i'm sure that part about leaving because of war crimes against civilians was actually about Theron and not Lana, and that we'll never, ever get the opportunity to get rid of her... which is starting to seriously irritate me, especially since they continue to shove her where she has no buisness being, and are more and more replacing Theron where he should be (very irritated by Hylo taking his place when talking about the intel about the weapons on Balmorra and Zenith, even when Theron is still alive and should've been the one doing that).