Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

Personally I find it so weird to pair Theron with Jedi or indeed and Force sensitive. [...]

Any Fem Agent I make must belong to Vector.

Interesting - apparently I'm the exact opposite of you. I have three Theron-mancers, two of whom are Force users (JC and SI) while the other is an Agent (I like Vector, but the bug thing is hard to overcome at times). I've tried the romance with several other classes, but those are only ones which worked for me.

To each their own obviously there are no "right answers" but I really love Vector so much because he's so not a part of the deceptive shadow world of intergalactic intelligence operatives. He is who he is, he accepts everyone for who and what they are good or bad. For my Agent that's emotional Nirvana.

Now, my BH on the other hand, she had to scrap and fight through every odd to get not only money, and fame, but a place and a family. Theron did the same thing along a much different path.

• Like 1

Personally I find it so weird to pair Theron with Jedi or indeed and Force sensitive. Dude's got issues with that.

Really? I never thought Theron has issues with force sensitives. I like pairing Theron with an Inquisitor as Sith are not so opposed to relationships, so it works well (and his Mum approves :)). On my main (a Sith Inq) I messed up the Andronikos romance, so by default my only other option at that time was the Theron Rishi/Yavin romance interactions many, many levels later. I was really glad when KotFE came out and gave us Theron as a full romance option.

I can't pair him with a Trooper, (Jorgun/Trooper FOREVER

Trooper/Aric Jorgan is the only romance pairing I have not and will not break; it's the best romance of the republic class characters. Believe it or not (since I'm a huge Quinn fan), I levelled a Warrior for the Theron romance (rather than the Quinn romance) because I hadn't done that, but never again.

Really? I never thought Theron has issues with force sensitives. I like pairing Theron with an Inquisitor as Sith are not so opposed to relationships, so it works well (and his Mum approves :)). On my main (a Sith Inq) I messed up the Andronikos romance, so by default my only other option at that time was the Theron Rishi/Yavin romance interactions many, many levels later. I was really glad when KotFE came out and gave us Theron as a full romance option.

Maybe I should say I feel like he has issues with the respective dogmas of the Force Orders, Primarily the Jedi Order. I think he subconsciously may feel "why was I unworthy of inheriting the legacy of my family?" Remember, Satele is the daughter of a Jedi.

A lot of it comes from his vocal inflection when he discusses the Force. I've always felt his "outcast" or "loner" mindset

comes from very conflicting feelings about his upbringing. Like, "why didn't mom give me to dad when she knew I would never become a Jedi?"

Personally I find it so weird to pair Theron with Jedi or indeed and Force sensitive. Dude's got issues with that. I can't pair him with a Trooper, (Jorgun/Trooper FOREVER, plus she sounds a lot like Satele LOL) and the Fem Smuggler's voice is too Phil and Lil causing severe flashbacks on the few times I was forced to watch Rugrats back in the day.

For a Consular Arcann's romance is sublime.

I named my BH Kali-Sati for a reference to Lothal where her horrible mother's from.

Any Fem Agent I make must belong to Vector.

I have yet to reach a point in the Jedi/Theron romance that feels as if it is causing emotional difficulties for Theron. It may come up later or it may come up as a comment with another class. I never got the feeling that he would have a problem dating a Jedi while I was playing my BH either. I'm really enjoying getting to know him more with my JC. For example, my BH didn't know Reven and Theron were related until I was exploring all the dialogue branches in the goodbye scene on Yavin. My JC learned about the connection a lot sooner. Same with Theron and Satele being related. If Theron has a problem with Force users, so far he has hidden it well from me. :cool:

I will never be able to play a FemTrooper because her VA is Jennifer Hale and I can't stand the sound of her voice. She also voices FemShep in Mass Effect. Thus I've only played MaleShep in that game. And I've only ever romanced Kaidan. Theron reminds me a lot of Kaidan. I love/adore Kaidan! They are both in their thirties and have trauma in their past but they have their past squarely squared away and they don't let it affect their jobs, mission, and performance. They're balanced, dependable, and solid. I really admire that. :jawa_angel:

Vector intrigues me. I have not met him yet in-game, but I met another Joiner in the BH storyline.

Okay this is one of those times when I had a fully formed thought in my brain and it didn't come out of my fingers. Let's try again...

I didn't mean to say that Theron has issues with Force Sensitives, as much as he has issues with the Force itself. Now imagine this...

1. Theron is raised by his mother's Master. He's well educated, provided for, and his safety is never in doubt. Okay great, but as he gets older he asks, "Master, why can't I meet my mother?" Master replies the company line about attachments lead to the DS. Little Theron accepts it, but ouch.

2. Fast forward to pre-teen Theron, no Force Powers, "Master, this is weird, if my mom is a Jedi, and I don't have the Force, why am I here and not with my dad?" Master explains that it's still too soon to tell if he has the Force or not and it's safer to be here rather than with his father. Pre-teen Theron mouths off and gets punished with kitchen duty and meditation.

3. Finally, an almost legal Theron and the entire Temple knows Mama's chromosomes didn't light up. :o Now, a young hotheaded Theron says. "Master, I understand why I couldn't have a mother, but all these years I could have had my father! The Force rejected my blood and screwed me out of a normal family, and now I'm going to be myself!"

Now, of course, after maturing, living life outside the Jedi, and the hormone levels settling, he's a confident stable and successful man. But, I don't think the mark left. So, I can't see him with a Force Sensitive. Not because he resents them but because he doesn't want to go down that road.

It's sort of amazing how much the devs left up to headcanon in this relationship, though that might be more due to Theron getting less development via companion conversations than base game LIs. Does he talk about having problems with the Force/Force users in his tie-in material? I thought the romance worked really well with a Consular (though admittedly I'm biased, I love the JC :D).

It's sort of amazing how much the devs left up to headcanon in this relationship, though that might be more due to Theron getting less development via companion conversations than base game LIs. Does he talk about having problems with the Force/Force users in his tie-in material? I thought the romance worked really well with a Consular (though admittedly I'm biased, I love the JC :D).

I thought I was the only one who thinks JC ROCKS. I love mine soooo much. But she's Arcann's Lady. Seriously, that 's what I named one of her loadouts.

I have yet to reach a point in the Jedi/Theron romance that feels as if it is causing emotional difficulties for Theron. It may come up later or it may come up as a comment with another class. I never got the feeling that he would have a problem dating a Jedi while I was playing my BH either. I'm really enjoying getting to know him more with my JC. For example, my BH didn't know Reven and Theron were related until I was exploring all the dialogue branches in the goodbye scene on Yavin. My JC learned about the connection a lot sooner. Same with Theron and Satele being related. If Theron has a problem with Force users, so far he has hidden it well from me. :cool:

I will never be able to play a FemTrooper because her VA is Jennifer Hale and I can't stand the sound of her voice. She also voices FemShep in Mass Effect. Thus I've only played MaleShep in that game. And I've only ever romanced Kaidan. Theron reminds me a lot of Kaidan. I love/adore Kaidan! They are both in their thirties and have trauma in their past but they have their past squarely squared away and they don't let it affect their jobs, mission, and performance. They're balanced, dependable, and solid. I really admire that. :jawa_angel:

Vector intrigues me. I have not met him yet in-game, but I met another Joiner in the BH storyline.

If Theron's love letters are any indication, he starts off reserved evolving until full passion especially after the Incident. He's worried about you when you go missing, twice, during Fallen Empire/Eternal Throne. He's holding back tears when you reunite on Nathema. He seduces you after Ossus. After you rescue his mom his guard is completely gone, and he's pure emotion with you. You are the center of his universe. It's beautiful.

Wait, what, my BH didn't get seduced after Ossus! Proof please.:eek:

Maybe I have the wrong planet. I meant when he asks you out on a date in the wilderness to have a little adventure together. He does it after the staff meeting when you finish Jedi Under Siege.

Edited by Hadsil

• 2 weeks later...
Pre-teen Theron mouths off and gets punished with kitchen duty and meditation.

LOL! Poor Theron.

I can understand where you are coming from based on those points. The game does a good job of making Theron fit in with any character but I can understand how a person would develop an aversion to the Force if they are trained to one day be a Jedi and then are told they don't have the Force and still aren't allowed to see their non-Force relatives because of 'reasons'.

I have actually read a bit of Annihilation and Satele Shan's decision to deprive Theron of both a mother and a father because "I sense darkness in him," is so depraved to me. And Master Ngani Zho goes along with it instead of following a superior moral compass. I just want to boil them both in acid. It makes me feel sorry for Malcolm too as he never even knew he had a son until Theron was grown up. I actually have no respect for Satele and when my BH met her in her mind I took great delight in giving her a piece of my mind.

I was working on my BH/Theron romance video and I realized that the videos I made are going to be a lot of work to piece together. I thought, 'Well, I'll just re-record them." Unfourtunintly, I can't re-record the Revan videos, but I can do Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne (although not completely). And that's how I got this screenshot. Opps. :D I forgot that I had him in green and yellow for Digging Deeper. Also, the haircut has grown on me. Didn't think it would, but I actually rather like it. ;)

I wish we could redo all the expansion chapters. I would love to revisit Revan, Iocath, and Onslaught, for example. I also wish we could revisit Fallen Empire completely. Revisiting the cantina scene in Chapter 9 doesn't let us flirt with anyone. We can only talk to them. So I can't re-record that scene either.

I tend to dress Theron up a lot. And colour coordinate with him... :cool:

(That green/yellow dye was expensive! It's only available to collector addition accounts so it is expensive on the AH!:eek:)

Edited by yenzin

Oh that, that's just before JUS. Okay cool, I don't count that as seduction. Actually, Jorgun, and Vector are the seducers in the game. :D Not that my BH would object to being thoroughly seduced and ravished. Too bad Theron has workaholism.

Indeed. Bring on the ravishing!

Theron: I'm not a workaholic!

Everyone: Yes you are. Proof! - Working while you are supposed to be chilling in the cantina.

Edited by yenzin

LOL! Poor Theron.

I have actually read a bit of Annihilation and Satele Shan's decision to deprive Theron of both a mother and a father because "I sense darkness in him," is so depraved to me. And Master Ngani Zho goes along with it instead of following a superior moral compass. I just want to boil them both in acid. It makes me feel sorry for Malcolm too as he never even knew he had a son until Theron was grown up. I actually have no respect for Satele and when my BH met her in her mind I took great delight in giving her a piece of my mind.

Honestly, I need to read Annihilation (a bit pricey on Kindle) but I think you're going to hate me, for this. I get where Satele is coming from. Maybe its a gender thing, but as a woman the last person I would give my child to in the Republic Military as a father, is Jace Malcolm! The man isn't just focusing on defeating the Empire, he'd cheerfully destroy every man, woman, and child to beat them. He enjoys destroying them. That's his darkness and frankly, I think he would have been an incredibly abusive parent. If Theron's codex entry is anything to go by, Malcolm's reaction to his leaving for the Alliance was unstable at best. If Malcolm had raised Theron at the very least, he would have been forced into Military life which he would have been miserable in.

I have actually read a bit of Annihilation and Satele Shan's decision to deprive Theron of both a mother and a father because "I sense darkness in him," is so depraved to me. And Master Ngani Zho goes along with it instead of following a superior moral compass. I just want to boil them both in acid. It makes me feel sorry for Malcolm too as he never even knew he had a son until Theron was grown up.

Wow. That is so much worse than I was expecting, on so many levels. quietly dumps Annihilation in the non-headcanon bin

I was working on my BH/Theron romance video and I realized that the videos I made are going to be a lot of work to piece together. I thought, 'Well, I'll just re-record them." Unfourtunintly, I can't re-record the Revan videos, but I can do Fallen Empire and Eternal Throne (although not completely). And that's how I got this screenshot. Opps. :D I forgot that I had him in green and yellow for Digging Deeper. Also, the haircut has grown on me. Didn't think it would, but I actually rather like it. ;)

I wish we could redo all the expansion chapters. I would love to revisit Revan, Iocath, and Onslaught, for example. I also wish we could revisit Fallen Empire completely. Revisiting the cantina scene in Chapter 9 doesn't let us flirt with anyone. We can only talk to them. So I can't re-record that scene either.

I tend to dress Theron up a lot. And colour coordinate with him... :cool:

(That green/yellow dye was expensive! It's only available to collector addition accounts so it is expensive on the AH!:eek:)

When customizing Theron's outfit, I remember being told after the Incident he wears the game's programmed gray outfit for Nathema. Is your customization there because of replay and not the playing the game the first time with a character?

I'm almost with you on the new haircut. I didn't like it and reverted him back with my first batch of 8 characters. Maybe I'll keep it with my second batch. I didn't customize Theron with my first batch either, letting him keep his original red and black outfit. I did customize with my second group of 8. The new haircut might fit. I appreciate him mentioning it in Jedi Under Siege, alas only on the Imperial side.

Wow. That is so much worse than I was expecting, on so many levels. quietly dumps Annihilation in the non-headcanon bin

Without context its impossible to judge Satele's decision as 'depraved,' which is why I want to read it. Personally, I found Malcolm's actions and demeanor on Iokath truly depraved. If I was Satele I wouldn't want him raising my child. If I remember correctly she ended their relationship before she knew she was pregnant.

• 4 weeks later...

Taking a chance I can share some good news if you customize Theron's outfit during the Umbara/Nathema incident. I kept Theron in his customization outfit before starting play.

Theron's outfit keeps your customization after the train engine fiasco during Umbara, including the cut scenes. During Nathema after Theron gets his haircut and outfit change, you're on the station and watch the video clips telling you what's happening. When the earlier scene with Lana and Theron is played discussing how to find the traitor, Theron is wearing your clothing customization. When Theron properly returns as the hero he is and he propose marriage if you romanced him, this game story ends. You get his gray outfit in your inventory and appearance customization as well. When you summon Theron back as your companion, he keeps his previous hairstyle and he remains in the customization outfit you gave him before playing the Incident. You do not have to summon the outfit from your collections. You do not have to repurchase dye. He is as he always was.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Hadsil said:

The Best View of SWTOR contest is back. For me the best view is my character kissing Theron, but I doubt that's what they mean for the contest. Still, it's the winner for me.

Best view is Theron's bu- *enter forum censor* I'll take 2nd place ;)

I paired Theron with my Republic Smuggler. I felt bad she cheated on Corso but then I headcannoned that they mutually separated when they aged a bit and realized their marriage and relationship were something they grew out of, sort of like people who come from a small town and marry super young. She just started KOTFE and had kept flirting with him since Shadow of Revan, and he'd been super reserved. I think they kissed once but barely. Theron's letter after the beginning of KOTFE even says he's not sure what they really are, but it was surprisingly passionate compared to his earlier behavior.

I think my Sith Warrior might have an interesting relationship with Theron, taking off right after she kills Malavai LOL

Finally, my Imperial Agent flirted a little bit with Theron but took another look at Vector and was like...naahh Vector is hotter.