Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

One thing I've always wondered (since I never actively took the option - a couple of DS characters skipped and it defaulted) is

did Theron actually die when left behind after killing Zildrog? I know you get the option to leave him to die, but is it confirmed that he actually DID die?

If it's just inferred and not actually definite (like with Vette/Torian), that could be a way back for him....

I mentioned upthread how they could bring him back. After you leave Nathema Someone rescued Theron. In a future story that Someone needs help. When you help Someone there's Theron working with him/her. Same thing if you chose exile. If Theron is with you he knows Someone and asks for your help. Alternatively Someone is a bad guy/gal. He or she captures Theron from Nathema/after Exile/offworld from Odessen, and you need to rescue him.

Anyway, as much as I'm also upset there's no real Theron activity anymore, after finishing Echoes of Oblivion again I can take solace you have a satisfactory conclusion of sorts with the Romance story. His mother finally acknowledges and approves your relationship. It's hard to think about the kiss before you leave Odessen is the Last One, in game, but it is a wonderful Romantic story from beginning to 'end'. I want more, but I am happy with that.

Edited by Hadsil

Giving Theron a kill option feels like one of the stupidest and needless options they've done since the stupid Torian vs Vette Virmire style choice. Part of me wonders if they did it on purpose just so they could write him out of future story (and shove Lana down our throats more.) Probably wasn't intended that way but I'm just tired of them catering to Edgelord players and never throwing anyone else a bone. (I have the same issue with what they did to Quinn. Gratuitous death many years after the incident and then didn't give anything to the players who did like him in return.)

I really hope Theron gets more content going forward, all the same sex male romances having kill options is getting pretty tiring and gross at this point. :(

Giving Theron a kill option feels like one of the stupidest and needless options they've done since the stupid Torian vs Vette Virmire style choice. Part of me wonders if they did it on purpose just so they could write him out of future story (and shove Lana down our throats more.) Probably wasn't intended that way but I'm just tired of them catering to Edgelord players and never throwing anyone else a bone. (I have the same issue with what they did to Quinn. Gratuitous death many years after the incident and then didn't give anything to the players who did like him in return.)

I really hope Theron gets more content going forward, all the same sex male romances having kill options is getting pretty tiring and gross at this point. :(

Agreed. It's funny how they let you kill off both male options, Theron and Arcann, but lana is still kicking. I swear the developers are so biased. I'm sick of these kill or not kill options. It all started with Quinn and ever since Bioware keeps feeding the needs of I must kill everyone because they hurt my feelings players.

Sad thing is bioware shoots themselves in the foot as the most highly demanded romaces they could build upon get the boot. Arcann needs far more development in his good guy roll. Killing theron off after you been through so much together? Sure maybe break up or send him packing back to the republic, but not kill him. Very unwise decisions on biowares part.

I swear if I wake up with lana in my face one more time......

Hi! I'm new to this thread :p

Honestly I really like Lana, but I agree that it becomes a bit boring to have her instead of more logical characters for the story. (Her presence at the end of Echoes of Oblivion didn't make ANY sense)

For the betrayal, I wish she would simply refuse to let Theron die. (Like "No, I understand you still feel betrayed but he did it for you. For the Alliance. And he's my friend and I'll not let you kill him (like Koth)") It doesn't change much for the player, they'll still never see Theron again... and it gives Lana a personnality :)

But maybe one thing I would have prefered is if the bretayal was real... for a full DS Empire character. At least you have a reason to kill him. Well maybe not the betrayal, but idk, just leaving the DS players, before getting killed :D.

Edited by Aryksa

They gave Theron, Arcann, Koth, Quinn, Torian, and Jorgan a kill option and brought the rest of the previous male love interests back through class specific alliance alert type quests ensuring none of them would be part of the story going forward (I think the exception is Doc though even if so he’s republic only). Even Scourge who is a companion for everyone and can’t die is only a romance option for Jedi Knights and was only given one and a half romance scenes (the first where you initiate the romance and the second when he’s freaking out over the missing ship and the romanced JK has a special option to ask him if he wants to go for a walk and they just leave). Meanwhile they shove Lana in our faces at every turn and since the precious dudebros asked for it they’re prepping Vaylin for a return despite her being dead.

I’m beyond frustrated and feel actively trolled and looked down on by the devs.

They gave Theron, Arcann, Koth, Quinn, Torian, and Jorgan a kill option and brought the rest of the previous male love interests back through class specific alliance alert type quests ensuring none of them would be part of the story going forward (I think the exception is Doc though even if so he’s republic only). Even Scourge who is a companion for everyone and can’t die is only a romance option for Jedi Knights and was only given one and a half romance scenes (the first where you initiate the romance and the second when he’s freaking out over the missing ship and the romanced JK has a special option to ask him if he wants to go for a walk and they just leave). Meanwhile they shove Lana in our faces at every turn and since the precious dudebros asked for it they’re prepping Vaylin for a return despite her being dead.

I’m beyond frustrated and feel actively trolled and looked down on by the devs.

You forgot Koth in your list of male LIs who can be killed, poor guy got killed before his romance really took off, which is sad because the beginning of it is pretty fun. They didn't even made him appear on the Gravestone as an entirely non voiced NPC, while his entire crew was evacuating at the end of the Nathema FP, which proves just how much they care about him and the people romancing him...

I feel the same as you tbh.

I haven't played the 7.0 story yet, but i've watched the cutscenes for both sides on YT, and i'm pretty salty that Lana forces her way for the whole FP while Theron is just spotted standing silently in the background for like 2 sec at the very end of it :mad:

Honestly i wouldn't even have resubed if not for me wanting that nice Vindican dualsaber that is only available through the digital CE.

And with all the hints that Lana may not be who / what / as trustworthy as she pretends to be (stuff like actively keeping the SIS away from you, or the little chat with Rivix), i'd really hope that this could lead to some treason on her part with her actively going against our PC either as someone else's agent or for her own benefit and we're then free to either forgive her or get rid of her, but unfortunately i have the feeling they'll go in the direction of "Oh, look that snake Rivix wants to turn you against your oh so faithfull and loyal companion who's been with you for so long and can do no wrong... Kill him, now ! And go romance Lana because she's the only one we want to focus on."

Which would suck because right now he seems to be a far more interesting character than her. I want to romance him with my Nox, but somehow i feel like he'll be trolled just as much with that as he was with Cytharat, if not even more, and i'd really like for that poor guy to finally have a nice romance going on :(

I'm sick of all the MM (and nearly all the male LIs for female toons as well for that matter) options being killable and never showing up again. It's especially aggravating now for Cytharat as, if not for that useless option to let him die on Makeb, he could've been a great part of that Malgus plot, and would've made so much more sense than Krovos as having that link to Malgus, being his former apprentice. But apparently the motto of this game is more and more "all men must die, but protect the waifus at all cost."

As for the Vaylin part, yuck, for me it's a complete waste of time and ressources to bring her back, would be really nice if the dead could stay dead for once, and to focus a bit more on the companions who don't have much screen time and deserve it far more than that psycho. I'd have been fine with a bonus chapter like the HK one that people who wanted her as a comp would buy from the CM while leaving her out of the story for those who did not.

Let me add something from Zenith camp. He is JC companion, long-promised and returned (sort of) only last update with a hint for maybe some more story later? He did not appear for a second in this "expansion" but sent a letter. However (!) not to his very own JC, who was faithfully waiting for him all this time, but to Imperial character, that set him up.

We waited for so long to get nothing.

I've long given up on the romance for my characters since all they do is push Lana. They made it easy to kill off the male companions (for whatever reason) but for anyone that suggest a kill option for a female companion, did it happen, No. That isn't to say I want companions killed, I don't but they seem to have done it easy enough for the male companions and then keep pushing Lana. (another reason I don't play as much as I used to)

I seriously doubt that Rivix or even Arn will ever get much of a romance in the story as for some reason they don't seem to head that way. If I am wrong, then good, but I have a serious doubt that I am.

Let me add something from Zenith camp. He is JC companion, long-promised and returned (sort of) only last update with a hint for maybe some more story later? He did not appear for a second in this "expansion" but sent a letter. However (!) not to his very own JC, who was faithfully waiting for him all this time, but to Imperial character, that set him up.

We waited for so long to get nothing.

That was honestly pretty cheap, "here's one flirt, happy now ?"

I've long given up on the romance for my characters since all they do is push Lana. They made it easy to kill off the male companions (for whatever reason) but for anyone that suggest a kill option for a female companion, did it happen, No. That isn't to say I want companions killed, I don't but they seem to have done it easy enough for the male companions and then keep pushing Lana. (another reason I don't play as much as I used to)

I seriously doubt that Rivix or even Arn will ever get much of a romance in the story as for some reason they don't seem to head that way. If I am wrong, then good, but I have a serious doubt that I am.

I've seriously lost interest in most of my ccharacters at this point, as most of them don't get anything with their LI. The only ones i'm still invested in are my JK who romances Theron, my SW who is with Arcann and my BH who is with Torian, guess i should play a bit my Smuggler too as he may get some things with Akaavi, but that's pretty much it.

Waiting to see what'll happen with Arn and Rivix before deciding to continue with my JC and SI who are still single, but i honestly fear that both of them will become killable before having an actual romance and that'd make me pretty mad, as i've been waiting forever to get a nice romance for these guys.

You can kill Kalio. Not sure if there was another killable female, but at least there is that.

Vette can be killed by Vaylin if you decide to save Torian instead.

You can kill Kalio. Not sure if there was another killable female, but at least there is that.

You can save Torian at the expense of Vette dying. Worth the cost for many people.

Does Scorpio count?

Kaliyo is one of the most hated companions, she having a kill option is just something Bioware did to pander to those who hate her.

A lot of players pick Vette or Torian either because she's a hot female Twi'lek, who has more fun screen time in KotET, is also a civilian who needs help more than a Mando under that situation and many people with no strong feelings to either are more ok to have a Mando die in the battle if they are forced to pick one.

SCORPIO is never a romance option despite the single [flirt] option.

Meanwhile most male love interests have a cheap kill option because of reason *shrug*

Honestly, yes I think they legitimately are trolling us. They know how straight female and gay male players feel and they don't care. They know we hate waking up to Lana looming over our sleeping faces but they keep shoehorning that creepy and weird scenario in wherever they can even if it makes zero sense (Echoes of Oblivion), they've known for years that people want content with the original companions and KotFE/KotET companions (and some of them the devs even forgot to kill off so they could appear for everyone) but they don't care, they know we're sick of Lana being shoved up our butts at every turn but they don't care.

Omg right? I just came back recently and am finally to Legacy of the Sith on my first character. I also ran through Echos of Oblivion for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed it, but felt there could have been a little more interaction with certain characters. Darth Marr, Thexan and Arcann, The Exile etc. I also had not killed off either Theron or Arcann at this point and was in romance with Arcann with this character.

Finally get to the end, everyone just disappears and wake up to Lana staring me in the face. I mean seriously? For gosh sakes! Where the heck is my LI after all this and considering who we were fighting, it just made sense for Arcann to be at my side when I wake up. Nope they just take off like you don't even exist because they have more important things to do or because *Bioware Reasons*

I almost fell off my chair when I saw *HER* staring at me in the face. She didn't even come for the fight. Why is she here? So Infuriating. Guess I'll go back and wait for a mail from my LI to finally show up if one ever does. Sheesh

Kaliyo is one of the most hated companions, she having a kill option is just something Bioware did to pander to those who hate her.

A lot of players pick Vette or Torian either because she's a hot female Twi'lek, who has more fun screen time in KotET, is also a civilian who needs help more than a Mando under that situation and many people with no strong feelings to either are more ok to have a Mando die in the battle if they are forced to pick one.

SCORPIO is never a romance option despite the single [flirt] option.

Meanwhile most male love interests have a cheap kill option because of reason *shrug*

Very well said. In the case of Vette you can add those who take lore seriously and would not insult a Mandalorian with an assumption he is a damsel in distress and needs to be saved. So, Vette is 99% safe.

But yes, she and Scorpio technically can die too. Still 3 vs ... how many? For what reasons? And does not change the main point - there is an everlasting female romance in the full plot armor without an equal male romance.

Omg right? I just came back recently and am finally to Legacy of the Sith on my first character. I also ran through Echos of Oblivion for the first time yesterday. Really enjoyed it, but felt there could have been a little more interaction with certain characters. Darth Marr, Thexan and Arcann, The Exile etc. I also had not killed off either Theron or Arcann at this point and was in romance with Arcann with this character.

Finally get to the end, everyone just disappears and wake up to Lana staring me in the face. I mean seriously? For gosh sakes! Where the heck is my LI after all this and considering who we were fighting, it just made sense for Arcann to be at my side when I wake up. Nope they just take off like you don't even exist because they have more important things to do or because *Bioware Reasons*

I almost fell off my chair when I saw *HER* staring at me in the face. She didn't even come for the fight. Why is she here? So Infuriating. Guess I'll go back and wait for a mail from my LI to finally show up if one ever does. Sheesh

The writers must be made of elastic with that MONUMENTAL stretch! You go to that ship with a bunch of other characters and every single one of them just sees you passed out on the floor and LEAVES you there. They don't know if you're injured or dying, one of them might be your character's love interest or even spouse and yet they just leave you there and Lana who didn't even come just teleports there and gets you. Like ***? My consular was romancing Arcann. Arcann, Senya, and the PC ALL needed to go back to Odessen but instead of taking the PC with them, they leave him unconscious in an unsafe and isolated abandoned ship that had gone missing previously and taken months to find and go back to Odessen WITHOUT him! ***?! They want Lana in your face so much that they abandon every scrap of logic.

Edited by Nefla

The writers must be made of elastic with that MONUMENTAL stretch! You go to that ship with a bunch of other characters and every single one of them just sees you passed out on the floor and LEAVES you there. They don't know if you're injured or dying, one of them might be your character's love interest or even spouse and yet they just leave you there and Lana who didn't even come just teleports there and gets you. Like ***? My consular was romancing Arcann. Arcann, Senya, and the PC ALL needed to go back to Odessen but instead of taking the PC with them, they leave him unconscious in an unsafe and isolated abandoned ship that had gone missing previously and taken months to find and go back to Odessen WITHOUT him! ***?! They want Lana in your face so much that they abandon every scrap of logic.

That scene makes NO *********** SENSE for Lana to be there.

That scene should be class/choice special ffs.

They SHOULD make romance scenes for Kira and Scourge AT LEAST in this part since it's THEIR Main Story and both of them just got their (re)kindled romance with the Jedi Knight.

And Arcann is specifically THERE because he and Senya are both directly involved with ol' V. Perfect time for him to have a nice talk about overcoming his father's shadow and a romance scene for the one who picked it.

And Theron is THERE for his own *********** mother. He should have a talk about it with our characters. I even think he should be the DEFAULT person who shows up because he is the best person to wrap up an epic fight in Satele Shan's mind. Screw those who chose to kill him on Nathema, they can wake up alone, walk to the cockpit, and pilot their ship back on their own. You kill everyone, even the one who tried to save you, you get no friends! Live up to your choices!

Edited by eabevella

That scene makes NO *********** SENSE for Lana to be there.

That scene should be class/choice special ffs.

They SHOULD make romance scenes for Kira and Scourge AT LEAST in this part since it's THEIR Main Story and both of them just got their (re)kindled romance with the Jedi Knight.

And Arcann is specifically THERE because he and Senya are both directly involved with ol' V. Perfect time for him to have a nice talk about overcoming his father's shadow and a romance scene for the one who picked it.

And Theron is THERE for his own *********** mother. He should have a talk about it with our characters. I even think he should be the DEFAULT person who shows up because he is the best person to wrap up an epic fight in Satele Shan's mind. Screw those who chose to kill him on Nathema, they can wake up alone, walk to the cockpit, and pilot their ship back on their own. You kill everyone, even the one who tried to save you, you get no friends! Live up to your choices!

I honestly believe Bioware is just purposely trrolling us straight gals or gay guys at this point. I just want to wake up to my guys face just once and see him smile with relief that I am okay. Why is this too much too ask?

Don't get me wrong. I like Lana as a character, but the push has just gone on long enough. What would people say if all they saw was Theron in every shot shutting Lana down by butting in all the time?

I seriously question the writing and development in this game anymore. The lack of tying up loose ends in stories or developing plots further that have so much potential, they just get dumped in the trash. So many conversations that go left unsaid with certain characters makes no sense. I mean I end up romancing thie ex emperor and after all we been through nobody has anything to say. Especially my ex Theron or even Senya his mom.. I figured Senya would be all over that jumping up and down joyously knowing her son finally found what he has been searching for his whole life after so much abuse, deceit, grief and heartache. Someone who truly loves him and is now able to give that love in return.. He is finally home.

I honestly believe Bioware is just purposely trrolling us straight gals or gay guys at this point. I just want to wake up to my guys face just once and see him smile with relief that I am okay. Why is this too much too ask?

Don't get me wrong. I like Lana as a character, but the push has just gone on long enough. What would people say if all they saw was Theron in every shot shutting Lana down by butting in all the time?

I seriously question the writing and development in this game anymore. The lack of tying up loose ends in stories or developing plots further that have so much potential, they just get dumped in the trash. So many conversations that go left unsaid with certain characters makes no sense. I mean I end up romancing thie ex emperor and after all we been through nobody has anything to say. Especially my ex Theron or even Senya his mom.. I figured Senya would be all over that jumping up and down joyously knowing her son finally found what he has been searching for his whole life after so much abuse, deceit, grief and heartache. Someone who truly loves him and is now able to give that love in return.. He is finally home.

You spoke my mind. Almost all our LIs are in the "killable" fridge.

Arcann is such a waste opportunity. I wish there are some actual catch up to his mission. Or have Arcann interact with others in the Alliance, overcoming some hardship transitioning. It's tough, but with someone who actually loves him, it's worthy of the effort. I even read a preview for fanfic about Arcann bonding with Arn because of their prosthetic limbs and it's way more interesting than waking up to Lana's face lol

When they started this with Lana and Theron as your new and only choices, some people even understood - ok, since now on these are only possibilities, ok (or live with one line from LI of your real choice). But then they had to take off Theron's plot armor and with that all the potential cutscenes with him... A pity, really.

I completely agree and I don't understand why. It's like they think it's funny that we're upset and think that we'll just continue to pay for an experience that is clearly resentful of us. I've been playing this game for 10 years and subscribed for most of it but I just unsubbed. I'm never again going to just blindly resub in anticipation of an expansion coming out months down the road. They have to earn my money from now on and I really doubt they will.

• 2 months later...

Hello :) it has been a while since the last post on this thread and I wanted to ask something u.u

As of now I have mainly ALL classes with a Theron Shan romance, except for TROOPER and BOUNTY HUNTER. BH not sure it would go fine with Theron, so my question is: anyone here has a romance with him on their trooper class?

Just a curiosity because I like the Aric Jorgan romance - so it will be strange not doing it - and it could be weird to have the same VA of his mom romance him :D

Hello :) it has been a while since the last post on this thread and I wanted to ask something u.u

As of now I have mainly ALL classes with a Theron Shan romance, except for TROOPER and BOUNTY HUNTER. BH not sure it would go fine with Theron, so my question is: anyone here has a romance with him on their trooper class?

Just a curiosity because I like the Aric Jorgan romance - so it will be strange not doing it - and it could be weird to have the same VA of his mom romance him :D

I don't have a trooper or bounty hunter that go past the class stories.

Go for it and tell us how it feels XD

I don't have a trooper or bounty hunter that go past the class stories.

Go for it and tell us how it feels XD

Ditto. Out of all of my many, many alts, only a handful have even started KotFE. I have one knight who is caught up to LotS. One cameo appearance of Theron in the background on a character who romanced him was far from satisfactory. If they would put more and better relationships in the newer content, I'd be more interested in playing it...