Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

1 hour ago, JenaSalton said:

Here they are. The end of Firebrand where Koth leaves and the Battle of Odessen.

I'll likely upload alt lines for the Firebrand chapter, but I'll have to replay the chapter at some point, because I just wanted to get over that painful experience as quickly as possible. As painful as it was though, I think I'm going to headcanon that the bombing did happen. After my JK and everyone who rescued her makes it to Odessen, Theron and my agent aren't quite displeased that she'd already gone back to Odessen to recruit Scorpio and aren't about to agree that she goes back again to see Firebrand, so instead my Agent goes.

My Agent and Kaliyo have a terrible relationship (though that can be said of all of her original crew members) and the last time the two of them saw one another, was when Kaliyo was being arrested by Imperial Intelligence. My Agent did nothing to stop that and once she had dealt with the Star  Cabal she took a shuttle there and just left. Never spoke to Keeper or Watcher, never said goodbye to any of her crew. (Game wise, she gave the Codex to Kothe and became a double agent; headcanon, she kept it and vanished for a while, before reaching out to Kothe and agreeing to be a double agent for him. As such, she got back on Marr's radar to assist with Makeb and that got her on Lana's radar so she was involved with the whole Revan thing, while Theron recruited my JK.) All of that aside, because Kaliyo and my agent are not friends, Kaliyo bombs the city despite my agent telling her not to.

Depending on how alt lines work out, Koth will either not leave the alliance at all, or he'll leave for a bit and return for the Battle of Odessen and stay from that point forward, after he had a chance to clear his head.

With the other chapters, I don't think there was much of a difference, other than Koth not being there and his lines not being said. Tora does pilot the Gravestone during the Gemini chapter so I guess that's a bit different too, so I'll probably upload that at some point as well

watched the Firebrand video, the other says deleted though 🤔  if you get that fixed lemme know, definitely wanna see it!  edit: NM I see that it is fixed, watching now!

I had always wondered what would happen if you let Kaliyo blow everything up, and dayum, she seriously blows things up, literally toppled buildings 😦

A combo playthrough where Kaliyo bombs the city despite being told not to and then Koth leaving but then the PC being able to convince him to come back would actually be really cool, I would be really curious to see that, but also just cool to have as unique headcanon

I was wondering about chapter 15 actually, that's actually really cool that Tora pilots the ship instead, nice to give her more to do, even if it means making Koth leave for her to get it haha  I am really curious if the only difference in KotET is just Koth missing wholesale, or if someone else says his lines instead, or what

With the Battle of Odessen chapter, I'll also record that again, because I always have to replay that romance scene with Theron a few times - it's definitely one of my favourite lines - and redoing the line apparently meant on the bits I had recorded, Torion is both staying on Odessen and going with them to Arcann's ship. Oops! 😅

I also always redo the start of chapter 16, I always have to do both 1st and 3rd dialogue options (not 2 though, since my JK sounds so weirdly insensitive saying that one 🥺) because I love them both and the kiss is suuuch a cute one ❤️  I always choose "you're a terrible liar" as my official because JK *is* an absolutely terrible liar (hilariously so 😂 to the point it's a miracle no one but Theron in this moment ever calls him out on it), but the "I'm crazy about you" is also soooo fitting for my headcanon of their relationship and I honestly wish I could combine them somehow but it's basically impossible, it's always one or the other 😔

And excuse me sir, put Theron down! That is not okay!

I do like your HC of that being a nightmare that Theron has though, I could definitely see that being an actual thing.

It is so not ok!!!! 😥 

Poor Theron woke up discombobulated from that nightmare for sure 🥺

Edited by cannibithobbal

6 hours ago, cannibithobbal said:

I was wondering about chapter 15 actually, that's actually really cool that Tora pilots the ship instead, nice to give her more to do, even if it means making Koth leave for her to get it haha

Here's Chapter 15😄

And because I couldn't get the idea out of my head (and its a long weekend, so who needs to be productive anyway, right?}, here is my new headcanon version of the Battle of Odessen with both my JK and Agent taking active roles.

Kaliyo's presence throughout the video should be ignored - if I thought of it before I was making the edits, I would've put a helmet on her and pretended she was just a random soldier. Likewise, Koth at the beginning shouldn't be there, because I think my final headcanon will be that he does leave after the bombing and my JK is out on another mission at the time, so she's not able to speak with him to convince him to stay. They do end up talking via holo later and discuss that Koth should spend some time helping the Zakuulans who suffered because of the bombing and help train the refugees while Jorgan goes to attack the Spire. Then follows Arcann's fleet back to Odessen and rejoins the battle as per the video.

And I want to say, until I began seeing you guys share your videos, particularly the ones where you splice various scenes together, I never thought about doing something like this. So, thanks for that. 😁

• Like 1

And other chapters relating to Koth leaving your Alliance.

War and Ruin - I'm not a fan of how this one ends, because considering how upset Koth was with Arcann getting away, his response here doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dark Reunions and Where Dreams Die - I  like Koth's portrayal in both of these chapters and honestly don't get why people don't like him. He's one of the few characters that really takes a stand for what he believes and is willing to make sacrifices/take action for what he believes. As has been talked about here before, based on Theron's character, he should but gameplay reasons have him sticking with DS characters who are actively trying to harm the Republic. And I'd rather have Theron act OOC for those people then have him disappear from the game almost entirely like Koth does, but at the same time I'd love to see the PC's choices have an affect on Theron staying with the Alliance or even just influencing his relationship with the PC in some way. There's also a scene near the beginning of Where Dreams Die with the PC, Theron, Torian, and Koth that I quite enjoy.

End Times - This isn't the whole chapter, just a few scenes where Hylo, rather than Koth, is on the Gravestone during the battle. And I got to say, I quite like Hylo's lines, possibly even more than Koth's but I'd have to relisten to Koth's to confirm.

• Like 1

War and Ruin - I'm not a fan of how this one ends, because considering how upset Koth was with Arcann getting away, his response here doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dark Reunions and Where Dreams Die - I  like Koth's portrayal in both of these chapters and honestly don't get why people don't like him. He's one of the few characters that really takes a stand for what he believes and is willing to make sacrifices/take action for what he believes. As has been talked about here before, based on Theron's character, he should but gameplay reasons have him sticking with DS characters who are actively trying to harm the Republic. And I'd rather have Theron act OOC for those people then have him disappear from the game almost entirely like Koth does, but at the same time I'd love to see the PC's choices have an affect on Theron staying with the Alliance or even just influencing his relationship with the PC in some way. There's also a scene near the beginning of Where Dreams Die with the PC, Theron, Torian, and Koth that I quite enjoy.

End Times - This isn't the whole chapter, just a few scenes where Hylo, rather than Koth, is on the Gravestone during the battle. And I got to say, I quite like Hylo's lines, possibly even more than Koth's but I'd have to relisten to Koth's to confirm.

I don't have time rn to watch the whole chapters, but thanks for posting them, i'll watch them later.

About Koth, i suspect the fact he has a mind of his own and doesn't hesitate to speak his mind and even act against the PC if that goes against his moral code is at least part of why people don't like him (the fact he seemingly had a relationship with Lana during the timeskip is apparently another one, and i find that ridiculous tbh to hold a grudge against him and not Lana for that as he's not the one who had a thing with the PC pre-timeskip). Personally i like that he's not okay with whatever the PC does and will act accordingly, it adds to his character and adds replayability too, since his relationship with the PC will be pretty different depending on the PC's choices.

Honestly as much as it'd suck for people who play DS pro-Empire characters and want to keep Theron, i think he should also act accordingly because that goes against everything he believes in and imo it does his character a great disservice to force him to stick with a PC like that when by all means he shouldn't. Same for Kira and Aric btw. I guess Kira still has reasons to stick around with the whole Nul and the Children stuff, but Aric should've left with Bey'wan, especially since he's not done anything since the end of KOTET (except take part off screen in the Battle of the Meridian complex, at least on Pub side, but i don't even know if it was also the case Imp side)

Tbh, i also wish that Lana would behave differently depending on how the PC behaves. Since we can't have that much variation in the story itself, having that at least with the companions would give more replayability to the game post class story.

32 minutes ago, Addictress said:

Is there a comic or side note about how Satele Shan even slipped to begin with? Is she like "well we all fall off the path once or twice 😉"

What happened there

There are a few flashbacks in Annihilation showing a bit of the relationship between Satele and Jace.

Spoiler

Short story is that when he was wounded on Alderaan he confessed to Satele that he'd been in love with her for a long time, she felt the same, they kissed and that's how the relationship started. Iirc it lasted a couple months before she broke up with him, i'm not entirely sure i remember all the details correctly but, if i'm not mistaken, she was about to tell him she was pregnant when they had an argument because he wanted to pursue imp defectors to kill them all and she didn't agree with that, she realised the war and the loss of many of his comrades changed him in a way she didn't like, she also realised that if anything happened to him or her yet unborn child she could become even worse than that, so in the end she walked away from him, and had their child in secret.

Edited by Goreshaga
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 10:52 PM, JenaSalton said:

Here's Chapter 15😄

And because I couldn't get the idea out of my head (and its a long weekend, so who needs to be productive anyway, right?}, here is my new headcanon version of the Battle of Odessen with both my JK and Agent taking active roles.

Kaliyo's presence throughout the video should be ignored - if I thought of it before I was making the edits, I would've put a helmet on her and pretended she was just a random soldier. Likewise, Koth at the beginning shouldn't be there, because I think my final headcanon will be that he does leave after the bombing and my JK is out on another mission at the time, so she's not able to speak with him to convince him to stay. They do end up talking via holo later and discuss that Koth should spend some time helping the Zakuulans who suffered because of the bombing and help train the refugees while Jorgan goes to attack the Spire. Then follows Arcann's fleet back to Odessen and rejoins the battle as per the video.

And I want to say, until I began seeing you guys share your videos, particularly the ones where you splice various scenes together, I never thought about doing something like this. So, thanks for that. 😁

On 8/7/2023 at 11:14 PM, JenaSalton said:

Still watching through all of these (last two to go as of writing this up), but loving watching them all!  I have to say, I really love Tora, she is so sassy, it's nice to see more of her, even if it's just in these alts. ❤️  some of her lines in chapter 15 had me laughing out loud haha  (though, she is GONE from Dark Reunions where she is normally, so, maybe her screen time evens out tbh... still, love seeing the alts)  I agree too about Koth in Dark Reunions, I really like how they wrote him, he's not likely suddenly evil because you made him leave, he just didn't wanna support someone who got people killed, he's still a good guy... respect, Koth.

Also love what you did with your JK/agent splice!  that is so creative, and I think it works really well!  obviously there are the natural limitations of each character not being in the others' shots but it still really works.  All my characters are in different timelines so this isn't a kind of splice I would ever try, so I love to see it from someone who has a combined story.

Also, just in general, I love seeing all these different playthroughs with characters I have never taken through the story, I love hearing all the lines from the different VAs ❤️

EDIT: OMG, in a Koth leaves run Theron goes with you to the omnicannon at the start of Where Dreams Die?????  😲  also, love the extra Koth and Theron dialogue, love that Theron told Koth he could stay, good boy, Theron ❤️  I really like how Koth was written there, super agreed.  I like that he leaves because he knows no one trusts him and that the bad blood is resolved.

EDIT 2: those Hylo lines are great! ❤️

Now, some return videos from me: I finished my KotET chapters 8 and 9 runs and splices!  This was so much fun and I am SO HAPPY with how it turned out, especially in chapter 9, with Theron and Lana fighting on the ground to defend my JK (Theron not letting his boyfriend do this critical mission alone, and both of them being there to help finish the war with the emperor that they all started together back in SoR, AS IT SHOULD BE on both counts!!!!), and Arcann and Senya entering the mindscape to help defeat Valkorion, each set of characters playing to their strengths and all of them participating.  This is absolutely my official version forever ❤️❤️  Here is the full playlist.  EDIT: I made a second playlist (mainly for me but realized it's probably a better one to share also lol) with JUST the cutscene videos and none of the rest of the playthrough in it.  Here is the cutscenes only playlist.

A LOT of the videos are actually just taken wholesale from one playthrough or the other, and honestly I think the full effect is really best when just watching the whole of both chapters (minus the running around shooting ones anyway lol  those are all the ones without a scene description in the title + the labeled Vaylin/Valkorion fights) with some videos from one playthrough, some from the other, and some spliced together. 

BUT if you are curious just to see the videos that had stuff spliced from both versions, those ones are Chapter 8 Part 5 (the one I already shared before), Part 9, Chapter 9 Part 2, Part 9 (this one is extremely subtle, I spliced one audio line from one of the memories from the Senya/Arcann alive run onto the video from the Theron/Lana version), Part 10, Part 12, Part 14.

Edited by cannibithobbal
had to reupload a few videos, fixed the links
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/2/2023 at 5:21 PM, cannibithobbal said:

Still waiting for the "say it like a spy" line........ maybe someday.  it probably won't record when it finally happens lmao.

Hi all! As a fellow Theron enthusiast, I received a really thoughtful gift. It's a pin that says, "Should I say it like a spy?" I was obviously appreciative but didn't even know it was a Theron-related gift at first because I had NEVER heard my Theron say this to me! So that sent me on a mission to finally get him to say it and record it.

He said it for the first time yesterday, only once I was in a group. I was able to hear it multiple times while grouped up, and it happened while set to damage and heal. I did have him tank, but not sure I heard it then. I don't know if being in a group matters or not, but if I hear it solo, I'll let you all know!

I, like many others here, also scoured the internet trying to find a clip of him saying it so I could better appreciate the gift and came up empty-handed. I've seen a lot of comments in this thread about not hearing him say it, so I took a short clip for you all.

Sorry for the low quality - I just used a cheap free editor and haven't messed around with recording/posting videos much before. Hopefully it's accessible! Maybe I'll set my old YouTube account back up and post it there, too. https://clipchamp.com/watch/9OlOVWRSxOp

• Like 1

5 hours ago, panzmo said:

Hi all! As a fellow Theron enthusiast, I received a really thoughtful gift. It's a pin that says, "Should I say it like a spy?" I was obviously appreciative but didn't even know it was a Theron-related gift at first because I had NEVER heard my Theron say this to me! So that sent me on a mission to finally get him to say it and record it.

That is an awesome gift. If you're willing to share, I'd love to see a picture of the pin.

On 11/19/2023 at 2:21 PM, JenaSalton said:

That is an awesome gift. If you're willing to share, I'd love to see a picture of the pin.

Happy to! Looks like it was purchased from the Etsy shop NexusOutpost. The shop seems to be taking a break, so you can't fully view the item right now, but I snapped a picture of both the Theron and Lana pin we got.

I also found a really well done mini Theron figurine on the 3DWarGames Etsy shop if anybody is interested in painting. I think the face is spot on!

lanatheronpin.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, JakRoanin said:

I am too, but at least we got pretty consistent little flirts and such. Compared to others, we got spoiled.

As much as I also miss Aric, I'm 100% fine with Theron spoiling as well!

14 minutes ago, JakRoanin said:

Dear Aric, he has gotten quite the raw deal. It'd be hilarious to run into Satele on Mek'Sha though. 

The sadist in me does enjoy a good run in with Satele while with a romanced Theron! Especially when I am on my JK. She's pretty much doing what Satele never could, juggling romance while being a Jedi with her son,it's kinda poetic. 🤣🤣

• 4 weeks later...