Thanks for Theron Shan. <3 <3 <3 This is a love thread, haters make your own lol.

DarthEnrique

To What I want is more Theron!

Β 

I am new to the game and to this blog (English is not my mother tongue, please excuse me if I make any mistakes), I have already gone through the entire arc of the story + the romance with Theron Shan (a fabulous experience, from the decisions to the character's emails) and I agree with what you say: πŸ’œ MT, More Theron! πŸ’œ

Β 

I think that maintaining and deepening the story with Theron (especially for those of us who chose him as a romantic partner, interacted with him and gave him the "yes, I do" or proposed it to him) ... it is not only an opportunity to enrich a narrative already interesting (and endow it with new layers of interest and subplots that help the central story), but, for many of us, it allows us to access an LGBTIQ+ representation 🌈.

Β 

And the latter means, personally: finally experiencing the sensation of being fully the protagonist of a SF&F story "as myself" (that is, without giving up who I am), something that I have never felt before. And that, too, because I can do it alongside a very well developed character, such as Theron, someone who is capable of being, at the same time, romantic, charismatic and intelligent (with its necessary and desirable conflicts) and, yes, also very handsome.

Β 

Something that, in my case, makes me love and feel SWTOR more of my own ... a safe and beautiful place where I can have adventures in a galaxy far, far away (and very close, at the same time) and enjoy the camaraderie and the feeling of being the hero of my story (not the supporting actor, but the protagonist) and all that being, finally, truly me.

And in this (in accepting the whole range of being, living, thinking and feeling), the relationship with someone like Theron Shan is crucial.

Β 

Thank you very much for allowing me to express my experience and the reasons for my support of πŸ’œ More Theron! πŸ’œ

Edited by AlexMite

You're completely echoing what i said here when EoO came out.

I'm still so salty about that, seriously i want her gone now, i don't need a kill option (yet), but giving her the boot would be glorious.

Β 

As for finally having that option, iirc they said she'd leave if the PC commited war crimes against imp civilians. Wich :

1/ sucks as if your toon is LS you'd then have to go OOC to get rid of her, or be stuck with her forever,

2/ would not even make sense for her to behave like that when she was justifying an imperial weapon aimed at imperial citizens on Ziost, was advocating to let the zakuulan die to facilitate the escape, and mocking Theron for being upset if the PC lets the Empire bomb corellians... She clearly doesn't give a poodoo about civilians, so why would that suddenly become her no go ?

3/ The Empire have been the ones attacking ever since JUS, which also makes it difficult to commit war crimes tbh.

Seriously, i'm sure that part about leaving because of war crimes against civilians was actually about Theron and not Lana, and that we'll never, ever get the opportunity to get rid of her... which is starting to seriously irritate me, especially since they continue to shove her where she has no buisness being, and are more and more replacing Theron where he should be (very irritated by Hylo taking his place when talking about the intel about the weapons on Balmorra and Zenith, even when Theron is still alive and should've been the one doing that).

If I was still hanging around the forums back when it was posted, I would have been all over that thread. I completely agree! And we should just quiet down and be satisfied because we'll be able to get rid of Lana if we pick a certain option but they'll never give us that option and she'll never actually leave us. It definitely makes me want to scream. I miss the SoR days when Lana and Theron had equal time and different reactions and dialogue depending on your faction (and Lana actually having a personality beyond "perfect girlfriend" and us having the option to be mean to her and actually tell her what we think of her). In addition to the romance stuff, it doesn't make sense for Theron to be so gung-ho about joining the Empire to beat the Republic (even the PC capturing or killing his old friend) or Lana about joining the Republic.

Β 

In other news, I really wish we had the option to mention or have another character mention our relationship with Theron at certain relevant moments such as when meeting Jonas who both mentions Theron and tries to flirt with us or when encountering Gnost Dural (especially when confronting him on the Imperial side) or when interacting with Jace Malcom on Iokath, etc...I did like that Satele mentioned it but she uses the same line if we're just friends with him as well. I'm glad we got to answer back to her with a Theron romance specific line and I thought the email about her telling Theron our character was good for him was really cute.

If I was still hanging around the forums back when it was posted, I would have been all over that thread. I completely agree! And we should just quiet down and be satisfied because we'll be able to get rid of Lana if we pick a certain option but they'll never give us that option and she'll never actually leave us. It definitely makes me want to scream. I miss the SoR days when Lana and Theron had equal time and different reactions and dialogue depending on your faction (and Lana actually having a personality beyond "perfect girlfriend" and us having the option to be mean to her and actually tell her what we think of her). In addition to the romance stuff, it doesn't make sense for Theron to be so gung-ho about joining the Empire to beat the Republic (even the PC capturing or killing his old friend) or Lana about joining the Republic.

Β 

In other news, I really wish we had the option to mention or have another character mention our relationship with Theron at certain relevant moments such as when meeting Jonas who both mentions Theron and tries to flirt with us or when encountering Gnost Dural (especially when confronting him on the Imperial side) or when interacting with Jace Malcom on Iokath, etc...I did like that Satele mentioned it but she uses the same line if we're just friends with him as well. I'm glad we got to answer back to her with a Theron romance specific line and I thought the email about her telling Theron our character was good for him was really cute.

This makes me so angry tbh. Back during SoR i actually really liked Lana, not as much as Theron, but she was one of my favourite NPCs among the ladies. They had both an equal amount of screentime, each one of them being slightly more relevant to their respective faction, an equal importance to the plot, and were both quite neutral when not flirting with them. And as you said she showed actual personality.

Rolls KOTFE and now Lana is supposed to be everything to our PC, even for pubs who parted ways in bad terms after Ziost and romanced Theron, and 100% behaves likes she's the PC's LI, even when she's not, meanwhile Theron is nowhere to be seen, only does stuff offscreen (seriously, we have more chapters with Vette as our mandatory companion than with Theron during KOTFEET, unless Arcann and Senya are dead, in which case it's even), is not even part of the rescue mission where he'd actually have been far more suited for the job than her. Seriously why was my JK rescued by the Sith who angrily "slammed the door" while leaving Ziost and not by the spy who kissed her goodbye ? And the only time they have him actually do something important, well, now he's killable, enjoy ! :mad:

Β 

Same, i really wish NPCs would react a bit more to each others and to our choices, not having any mention of the relationship with Theron when meeting people he knows (as you said, like Jonas, G-D or Jace), while you have complete strangers reacting to the PC being with Lana, that's annoying.

Yeah i liked that interaction with Satele and Theron's mail afterwards, i hope we can see them interact a bit more, and maybe get closer, my JK asked Satele to be more present for him, to which she replied that she'd love that, so i really hope to see something come out of it, would be nice to have something between Theron and his father as well (if he's not dead that is).

now Lana is supposed to be everything to our PC, even for pubs who parted ways in bad terms after Ziost and romanced Theron, and 100% behaves likes she's the PC's LI, even when she's not, meanwhile Theron is nowhere to be seen

Β 

I hate this SO much it makes me hate her so much more. It doesn't matter if you spent every previous moment with her insulting her, blatantly telling her you don't trust or like her, disagreeing with everything she says or suggests and even threatening to kill her the next time you meet, when you see her in KotFE she's rescuing you and fawning all over you about how good it is to see you (***?). It's so jarring and makes her seem like a Stepford wife. I hate that our character is forced to trust and confide in her above Theron or any other companion you'd actually WANT to tell. Ugh BioWare should at least give us letters from Theron (and other non-Lana love interests) after each mission, that kind of thing costs almost nothing. Throw us at least that tiny bone if you're going to keep forcing Lana on us and ignoring our actual love interests.

Edited by Nefla

I like in Shadow of Revan you have to rescue Theron and not Lana, the gentleman in distress. Works better for the story if he is your unofficial at that point boyfriend. When you arrive at the safe house and learn he's missing you're given the dialogue option to sound upset/worried about it. When you speak to Revan you can make the conversation all about Theron.

Β 

Someone said somewhere the reason Theron doesn't rescue you in Fallen Empire is because Troy Baker wasn't available at the time of production. It's sad Theron isn't there either way, but if this is true it's better than a deliberate choice. He does apologize for it in the Cantina reunion, so we can give the game credit for acknowledging his absence.

I hate this SO much it makes me hate her so much more. It doesn't matter if you spent every previous moment with her insulting her, blatantly telling her you don't trust or like her, disagreeing with everything she says or suggests and even threatening to kill her the next time you meet, when you see her in KotFE she's rescuing you and fawning all over you about how good it is to see you (***?). It's so jarring and makes her seem like a Stepford wife. I hate that our character is forced to trust and confide in her above Theron or any other companion you'd actually WANT to tell. Ugh BioWare should at least give us letters from Theron (and other non-Lana love interests) after each mission, that kind of thing costs almost nothing. Throw us at least that tiny bone if you're going to keep forcing Lana on us and ignoring our actual love interests.

Yeah, that's one of the things that really made me start to dislike her, not to mention that it completely ruined the romance for me as she behaves exactly the same with a romanced PC as she does with a non-romanced one, while every other LI is different in and out of the romance. Not to mention how many times does she interupts a romance scene with either Theron or Koth ?

Arf trusting her over everyone our PC would be closer to, when our characters know near to nothing about her (because well she has no backstory) and she's proven times and times again she's not the most trustworthy person, irritates me so much as well.

Β 

Another thing that's frustrating is how cold Theron is towards the PC who romanced him during FA/SoR/Ziost when reuniting with him on Odessen, especially after that super sweet mail he sends us. With romanced Theron being all "S'up buddy ? Nice place you have there"... "Yeah we'll talk... later", meanwhile non-romanced Lana is all like "OMG ! I'm so happy to see you !", "Look at me i love you PC !"

I get he's not good at relationships, but he's never been so cold, not even before flirting with him (especially pub side), seriously that reunion is so lame... :(

Β 

I really don't understand why they don't give us at the very least a short mail from every LI, that doesn't require any animation or any voice over, that seems like a very cheap solution to make our actual LIs still feel invested and relevant, even when they have nothing to contribute to the current storyline.

Β 

I like in Shadow of Revan you have to rescue Theron and not Lana, the gentleman in distress. Works better for the story if he is your unofficial at that point boyfriend. When you arrive at the safe house and learn he's missing you're given the dialogue option to sound upset/worried about it. When you speak to Revan you can make the conversation all about Theron.

Β 

Someone said somewhere the reason Theron doesn't rescue you in Fallen Empire is because Troy Baker wasn't available at the time of production. It's sad Theron isn't there either way, but if this is true it's better than a deliberate choice. He does apologize for it in the Cantina reunion, so we can give the game credit for acknowledging his absence.

What's even better is that when you finally find him, he actually took care of his own rescue, showing just how resourceful he is.

Β 

I doubt it is the reason tbh. The KOTFE 1-9 chapters were released all at once and he's part of chap 9, so if he was available for that chapter, there's no reason he could not have recorded some lines for other chapters as well at the same time (if they used him instead of T7, they didn't have that many lines to record, they could have added a few on Asylum if Theron was the one rescuing our PC after the duel against Arcann), he would still have a somewhat lesser role than Lana, but at least he would've been involved.

And well, can't comment for german, but they clearly have no problem replacing a VA in french if the regular one isn't available. They did it at least for Torian starting from KOTFE (at least both VA sound similar, so i didn't even realise it wasn't the same before seeing two different names in the credits), they did it for Doc as well for JUS (which was really jarring because they sounded nothing alike) and they'll probably have to do it for Vector as well if they decide to use him at some points in the story, as his regular VA passed.

Β 

Not to mention, i've been told that during the KOTFE promo, they were talking about Lana being an important character and becoming a companion, but never about Theron, even when asked about him. And considering how little importance Theron has for the rest of KOTFE, i think elevating Lana, while shoving Theron into a corner was a deliberate choice.

Edited by Goreshaga

Theron is my favorite companion but my favorite to romance him is my LS Inquisitor! I'm trying to devise a 'perfect' playthrough and so far I've decided their romance is the catalyst that leads her to side with the republic as a saboteur.

Β 

At first it felt iffy because of all the hard work she put into reforming the Empire for the better BUT after a number of alts kept facing the sad cutscene of Theron's father Jace Malcolm dying because of her loyalty...

Β 

Well, I couldn't keep doing it! Now my in-game justification for siding with Jace on Iokath and sticking with the Republic afterward is a combination of A) Imperius's frustration with Acina for not contacting her before engaging on Iokath.

Β 

Like jeez Emperess, I did my part, in forming our alliance why couldn't you take fifteen seconds to make a single holocall instead of ignoring it the first chance you get?

Β 

By doing that you'd have preserved my trust AND helped me save my future father-in-law from his own recklessness!

Β 

That and B) the heat of the moment panic from seeing the metaphorical 'writing on the wall'.

Β 

With circumstances as they were, Lady Imperius immediately understood, this wasn't a choice of loyalty or morals but whether her lover whose been with her through thick and thin is worth upending everything she's built...In short, is this love worth it?

Β 

Yes, bizarre as this sounds, to Imperius It's simply less painful to sacrifice Acina (Who 'betrayed' her first) instead of Imperius's probable future Father in law!

Β 

I mean think about it, Jace is the future grandpa to her eventual kids... How could she look Theron in the eye, knowing it's her fault? Yes, they have a rocky relationship, but its also clear Malcolm WANTS to at least TRY to connect with his son! And despite his protests, and understandable reluctance, some part of Theron's heart is open to it.

Β 

Besides with the many changes to the counci,l all her previous projects have been more or less scrapped so even if the alliance collapses it's not like the Empire has much to offer her anymore. It's just chaining her to a lost past.

Β 

No she is better off by far, retaining her position as this benevolent 'Space Mother Theresa'.

Β 

A Queen in all but title, who is adored by trillions and considered by the majority of non-combatants as being a woman 'above reproach'.

Β 

Becoming a saboteur conveniently permits Imperius and Theron the best of everything and simultaneously maintains Oddessen as the 'Neutral' hub that encourages cross-faction cooperation and relationships.

Β 

Think of how many children owe their existence to the alliance! Their parents would never have met otherwise and even on the off chance they did, it would have been as bitter enemies!

Β 

What? as 'Light' as she is, Imperius is still a Sith at heart, just because she is claiming 'unwanted but necessary' political power through this unorthodox manner, doesn't mean she isn't secretly loving every second!

Β 

Β 

If it was because the VA was unavailable, they could've done it better. They could have Lana mentioned Theron, said he had to stay behind to make sure the Alliance keep working, casually dropping some daily business and missions he was supposed to do while they're on Asylum. A competent writer don't need a character to present in order to make ppl feel their presence and importance.

Β 

I don't think I ever get the sense of Lana and Theron being the co-second in command in a huge military organization in kotxx, it is itself another problem, and the only time I vaguely feel the sense that "yes, Theron Shan is the head of military intelligence of the Alliance" is, ironically, in Uprising.

Β 

PS: I wish there was a more blatant flirt option to make Revan *awkward* in the rescue scene, I think Theron would approve. Maybe they should kiss just to piss Revan off lmao

PS: I wish there was a more blatant flirt option to make Revan *awkward* in the rescue scene, I think Theron would approve. Maybe they should kiss just to piss Revan off lmao

Β 

Revan wouldn't be reacting because you're kissing his descendant. He'd be reacting because you're reminding him of his romance. Then again, maybe because Theron is a descendant is what reinforces the reminder.

Β 

Any excuse for more kissing Theron scenes, eh? :p:D

Revan wouldn't be reacting because you're kissing his descendant. He'd be reacting because you're reminding him of his romance. Then again, maybe because Theron is a descendant is what reinforces the reminder.

Β 

Any excuse for more kissing Theron scenes, eh? :p:D

Β 

Revan would be more pissed because he was ignored lol

But yeah, any excuse for kissing Theron.

If it was because the VA was unavailable, they could've done it better. They could have Lana mentioned Theron, said he had to stay behind to make sure the Alliance keep working, casually dropping some daily business and missions he was supposed to do while they're on Asylum. A competent writer don't need a character to present in order to make ppl feel their presence and importance.

Β 

I don't think I ever get the sense of Lana and Theron being the co-second in command in a huge military organization in kotxx, it is itself another problem, and the only time I vaguely feel the sense that "yes, Theron Shan is the head of military intelligence of the Alliance" is, ironically, in Uprising.

Β 

NGL I wished more than once for a "make out with Theron in front of one of his parents and make them uncomfortable" option for my imperial agent lmao :D

NGL I wished more than once for a "make out with Theron in front of one of his parents and make them uncomfortable" option for my imperial agent lmao :D

Β 

We almost have it. If you side with the Imperials on Iokath his father chastises Theron for choosing you over him. As Republic at the end of Yavin you bang Theron then go see his mother right after.

Lol, would be fun.

I'd quite like some of that if we ever see Satele or Jace again.

Β 

I'll admit Satele commenting on how much of a great Jedi my JK was while she was busy with Theron 5 min earlier was fun. I can only imagine how awkward both Theron and my JK were probably feeling at the moment, while Satele was standing there, pretending she didn't notice anything.

Perhaps related to the clipping being complained about in another thread, I have Theron in the Canderous Ordo top, which means his arms are bare. It's seen normally in most cut scenes, but when there's a cut scene in the War Room his arms are black to match the shirt underneath the vest. (Red/Black dye) It's still an aesthetically pleasing look, but it is a graphics glitch. Curious as to why only in the War Room. I'm glad it's at least not everywhere to allow playing Space Barbie, but does anyone else have this issue? Is it the War Room? The outfit? Just one of those things?

Perhaps related to the clipping being complained about in another thread, I have Theron in the Canderous Ordo top, which means his arms are bare. It's seen normally in most cut scenes, but when there's a cut scene in the War Room his arms are black to match the shirt underneath the vest. (Red/Black dye) It's still an aesthetically pleasing look, but it is a graphics glitch. Curious as to why only in the War Room. I'm glad it's at least not everywhere to allow playing Space Barbie, but does anyone else have this issue? Is it the War Room? The outfit? Just one of those things?

I've seen a post on Reddit with someone having a similar issue with Lana. On their screenshot, Lana was wearing XoXaan's set, and where the skin should be visible, it was all green, like the dye applied to the outfit.

Β 

No idea what caused that though.

We almost have it. If you side with the Imperials on Iokath his father chastises Theron for choosing you over him. As Republic at the end of Yavin you bang Theron then go see his mother right after.

Β 

Doesn't Jace say that about any character that sides with the Empire on Iokath? I didn't think it was a romance specific thing. The dialogue with Theron where he's pointing a gun at Jace and you can say "don't do it, I couldn't live with myself" or something similar and Theron is like "and I couldn't live without you" though is great, I love it.

Doesn't Jace say that about any character that sides with the Empire on Iokath? I didn't think it was a romance specific thing. The dialogue with Theron where he's pointing a gun at Jace and you can say "don't do it, I couldn't live with myself" or something similar and Theron is like "and I couldn't live without you" though is great, I love it.

Β 

The only bright spot in the Iokath mess is the "flirt with Jace" option.

Theron's "are you *********** kidding me?!" reaction is the best lol

I feel very out-of-place in the Theron fan world. I have no desire to make the in-laws uncomfortable at all. I liked the Traitor Arc, because he was being a spy. The only thing that really bugs me about the romance is I wake up with Lana in my face even if he's in the same cutscene. However, that bugs me on all of my toons not just my Mando BH. All in all I'm an odd-ball here. <shrugs>

I feel very out-of-place in the Theron fan world. I have no desire to make the in-laws uncomfortable at all. I liked the Traitor Arc, because he was being a spy. The only thing that really bugs me about the romance is I wake up with Lana in my face even if he's in the same cutscene. However, that bugs me on all of my toons not just my Mando BH. All in all I'm an odd-ball here. <shrugs>

Same. But tbh, my JK is already kind of an adopted daughter to Satele, and was in good but professional terms with Jace when they worked together on Alderaan.

Yeah i hate waking up to Lana, especially when my toons Li is nearby or worse in the very same room like with Theron on Iokath, especially since Lana, is very, very, way too close to my character's face (seriously, it looks like she was kissing the PC right before they woke up).

Β 

As for the "and I couldn't live without you" part, while the phrase itself is super cute, i'm really not a fan of the dynamic between a pro-Empire PC (especially if really DS with no mercy for anything pub) and a romanced Theron. He's constantly forced to choose between his family / friends / beliefs / ideals and his lover, and no matter what he chooses, he always looses something in the end.

Meanwhile Lana doesn't have to sacrifice anything no matter what she chooses.

Edited by Goreshaga

Β 

Some people may be serious, but it's really just playful teasing of Theron and even then only in one's personal head canon. It is true as a Republic character you bang Theron on Yavin then go see his mother with him. That's what the game does. There's no dialogue with Satele or Theron referencing what you just did, but you as the player experience the juxtaposition and that's the humor of it.

Same. But tbh, my JK is already kind of an adopted daughter to Satele, and was in good but professional terms with Jace when they worked together on Alderaan.

Yeah i hate waking up to Lana, especially when my toons Li is nearby or worse in the very same room like with Theron on Iokath, especially since Lana, is very, very, way too close to my character's face (seriously, it looks like she was kissing the PC right before they woke up).

Β 

As for the "and I couldn't live without you" part, while the phrase itself is super cute, i'm really not a fan of the dynamic between a pro-Empire PC (especially if really DS with no mercy for anything pub) and a romanced Theron. He's constantly forced to choose between his family / friends / beliefs / ideals and his lover, and no matter what he chooses, he always looses something in the end.

Meanwhile Lana doesn't have to sacrifice anything no matter what she chooses.

Β 

My IA, who has been a double agent since the original story, chose to side with the empire during Iokath because that’s what SIS has expected (and tbh demanded of her) for years. She (and I, because I somehow managed to avoid spoilers for years) didn’t intend to get Theron’s father killed and it is hand’s down her biggest regret in her years of lies to protect her cover. It’s what forced her to finally tell Theron the truth because she decided he was more important than any mission or cover would ever be. Ultimately that decision was one that forced a lot of character growth on her, and it’s something that I really appreciate in the writing.