Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

I'm terrified that the slicing nerf represents the way Bioware is going to handle issues in the future. From all appearances it looks like there was plenty of warning in Beta about slicing and no action was taken. Most agree that the nerf was due, but I think most are surprised as to the extent of it and the fact that there are still flaws in slicing.

I hope Bioware sees that such a dramatic change has a strong impact on the player base. This could have been avoided pre-launch and could have been handled much better.

And in internet-time it is taking them forever to comment on it...

This is the largest issue at hand in my eyes. I've always loved Bioware's products and support prior to this, so in my head I am blaming EA. Irrational, sure, but I can hope :p

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I mean specifically vendoring.

What I mean by "Printing money" is making money out of no where. Where as selling things on the GTN, the money comes from someone.

Post nerf, people won't be making money off of mission skills. Which is how it should be.

How it should be according to you. Not according to me.

I'm terrified that the slicing nerf represents the way Bioware is going to handle issues in the future. From all appearances it looks like there was plenty of warning in Beta about slicing and no action was taken. Most agree that the nerf was due, but I think most are surprised as to the extent of it and the fact that there are still flaws in slicing.

I hope Bioware sees that such a dramatic change has a strong impact on the player base. This could have been avoided pre-launch and could have been handled much better.

And in internet-time it is taking them forever to comment on it...

Yeah, it's disappointing that they seem to be going the: "Nerf it to the ground into utter uselessness" route. Riot games is famous for this with LoL. They will nerf their champs to the ground so that it's just not worth playing them, then they'll slowly buff them up over the course of weeks/months.

We have yet to see if BW will do slight buffs to Slicing to make up for the nerf to uselessness.

Is this really the best argument you guys have? It creates gold farmers?

Honestly, that is weak. Especially considering how easy it is to ignore them.

You missed this part.

"You have to remember that this is a game that most people play for fun. Having little money ingame means delaying skill/gear purchases and so forth. That's not fun."

It's important to read the entire post, not ignore what doesn't suit your agenda, and a strange one you have it seems.

Greetings folks!

The previous version of this thread has exceeded our post threshold and we have recreated it for continued discussion.

As a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

That didn't really answer anything we been asking about~

Please learn to stay on topic

/ignore

I'm still pretty low level. Before the nerf, it was a no-brainer to take slicing. Now, it takes some thought to use the skill and profit. Imagine that. I have a clannie that is high level and he still makes plenty of cash.

Protip: Gathering skill. Go out in the world and gather. Use the missions only to level the skill. Skills cost credits to raise? Who knew... Y'all were abusing this to the max. It got fixed, get over it.

You missed this part.

"You have to remember that this is a game that most people play for fun. Having little money ingame means delaying skill/gear purchases and so forth. That's not fun."

It's important to read the entire post, not ignore what doesn't suit your agenda, and a strange one you have it seems.

It's also not fun to have everything just given to you. People like to earn it, whether they believe it or not. As well as be given the opportunity to budget and manage their funds. Otherwise it might as well not be there at all.

My point is that the gold farmers will be with us either way.

And I think both sides of the argument have had their turns at that horse. :)

Yes, I have a slicer. My income has gone down, but it's not the end of the world. I still make money at it, and there are still many other ways to make money in this game.

To be sure, but where it was fun before, it's a drag for me now.

Regarding 'Node Harvesting', the MMO 'The Saga of Ryzom' had the best gathering system I've ever seen. But that's another story.

Now Imagine, 30 people running around to gather their stuff in the same area, where, let's say, are 10 nodes. See the point? That's why there are missions to gather stuff. Sure, they are expensive compared to the 'free' stuff, but wait, there are others around too, waiting to get one of the nodes when it repops.

Scavenging for example got the best option yet -> kill some 'strong' or higher Droids and scavenge them. Easy credits inc + maybe some drops + + +. Nerf plox? Thank you BW!

It's also not fun to have everything just given to you. People like to earn it, whether they believe it or not. As well as be given the opportunity to budget and manage their funds. Otherwise it might as well not be there at all.

What applies to some doesn't translate to all.

Edited by supersonicks

Does vendoring items you get from missions yield more than what you paid?

A test of intellegence - Slicing 340 discovered mission(why not use it right), Cost to perform 3,115 credits , time 2.4 hours, Black Market credit box = 2734 credits 1 Advanced Command Augment 22 = 490 credits to NPCvendor = 109 credit profit (have yet to sell one of these on the GTN no one wants +28 presence).

How much does 1 UT lvl 6 metal sell for again on the AH?

3000 per Cirdium, mission costs around 2k and takes 35 min... you get 2-8 per mission.... 30k credits hello.

Right with 1 topic "full" already..

And still no focus, on the case i would like to add my 5 cents on how a possible fix could be...

1. Undo the nerf, and let rewards be as they are
  2. Make sure you cannot do missions that are over your level area.. (Ect. you're level 25 - and are capped at the mission area (25-31))

This way you cannot as level 16 have 400 in slicing skill, and earn lots of credits..

But at level 41+ the outcome of your missions are only helping you with your skills..

I just realized on my lvl 44 sorc with Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading that i have to spend roughly 300k credits to get 380 and 400 trainings..

And at level 50 i would need 330k for speeder training - not to mention regular class skills costs 25-35k each.

Some people like to earn it and some don't. Please don't try to force your values on others. I personally didn't care either way about people abusing it or not, but I don't feel the need to play mommy to a massive group of strangers.

How much does 1 UT lvl 6 metal sell for again on the AH?

3000 per Cirdium, mission costs around 2k and takes 35 min... you get 2-8 per mission.... 30k credits hello.

Ahem... problem is, that there is serious threat of not having enough people to pay you those 30K...

Hello and try some economic study...

Right with 1 topic "full" already..

And still no focus, on the case i would like to add my 5 cents on how a possible fix could be...

1. Undo the nerf, and let rewards be as they are
  2. Make sure you cannot do missions that are over your level area.. (Ect. you're level 25 - and are capped at the mission area (25-31))

This way you cannot as level 16 have 400 in slicing skill, and earn lots of credits..

But at level 41+ the outcome of your missions are only helping you with your skills..

I just realized on my lvl 44 sorc with Synthweaving/Archeology/Underworld Trading that i have to spend roughly 300k credits to get 380 and 400 trainings..

And at level 50 i would need 330k for speeder training - not to mention regular class skills costs 25-35k each.

I think this is a very good resolution.