Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slicing now loses money, all the time... This makes no sense. Even doing bio missions returns a profit, as the materials brought back are selling for more on the GTN.

Slicing the gathered nodes, safes and stuff, yields less credits than the value of the equivalent in EVERY OTHER GATHERING PROFESSION!

This was not a nerf... this was destroyed. I'll be dropping slicing and picking up scavenging instead. Anyone who keeps slicing now is losing money and their ground.

I am staring to loose faith in the industry as a whole...

its just not fun having people toy with you

Unless shes hot

sorry that wasn't helpful just trying to keep a positive outlook on this and i have more faith in Bioware's team then EA it just depends who gets to call the shots on this one cause if its EA its another product down the tubes.

Edited by myrken

I just saw my first goldfarmer spam~! WOOHOO finally i almost forgot how annoying it was~!

Just wait until you either have to spend half your time in the game farming for credits or go back to purchasing credits from farming sites to be competitive.

So much for the casual players.

Well thanks a lot, now I see high level people running through low level areas farming mobs for easy credits and drops. There goes my game play.

I experienced the same thing tonight. My level 21 alt was running towards a slicing node and a level 37 swooped in on their mount and sliced it just before I got to it.

I experienced the same thing tonight. My level 21 alt was running towards a slicing node and a level 37 swooped in on their mount and sliced it just before I got to it.

I knew this was going to happen. Expect players to begin camping all the slicing containers on all the planets.

This was not a nerf... this was destroyed. I'll be dropping slicing and picking up scavenging instead. Anyone who keeps slicing now is losing money and their ground.

No, not really. I'm doing the same two 49-50 Missions again and again with 2 companions, 'Data Race' and 'Plug the Leak', just for those frikkin' missions you can get if it's critical. I'm not losing money with them, but also not making as much as before.

Plug the Leak mostly yields a white box, the mission is 1415 credits and I receive more than that mostly. Just right now it was 1507 cr., well, no crit but it's ok.

Still, it would be better if that 'nerf' would be removed and rethought completely.

For me personally it's not a big change, but the community is suffering. And that's a big issue.

I'm not saying its current implementation is perfect, but Slicing mission skills should NOT be profitable because of how mission skills work.

It would essentially turn into a money generator. Put in money, get more later. No cost of any sort.

Given how there is not even a time cost associated with slicing(unless you count the ten seconds it costs to order your companions away), it was a completely broken infinite motion.

My suggestions are as follows:

1. Make node gathering much better.

2. Make missions more "risk/reward" instead of a consistent profitability.

3. OR just repurpose slicing to something else all together.

Oh. My. God.

Are you STILL in this thread beating these arguments to death?

Oh. My. God.

Are you STILL in this thread beating these arguments to death?

He's like one of those religious people that goes around trying to convert everyone to their own beliefs. As someone told me earlier, don't feed the troll :p

Edited by Pansophist

It is a shame for me to say this. but to be honest, I have no desire to even play this game right now. Its not because slicing got over nerfed to hell. Its that bioware is purposely ignoring its customers and not saying ANYTHING to us. This is not acceptable. When you are on thread 2 because you exceed the posting limit talking about a single issue, you would think the devs would at least want to open a dialog with us over this issue. I took it up the *** from sony and a few other companies that felt thier customers were only cash cows and didn't deserve the time a day let alone actually talking to their customers. I said it before. I do not have to take that kind of crap from a company anymore. There are plenty of companies out there that the devs do listen and actually talk to us. So keep up the silent treatment bioware, you will start losing people if you keep up this attitude.

It is a shame for me to say this. but to be honest, I have no desire to even play this game right now. Its not because slicing got over nerfed to hell. Its that bioware is purposely ignoring its customers and not saying ANYTHING to us. This is not acceptable. When you are on thread 2 because you exceed the posting limit talking about a single issue, you would think the devs would at least want to open a dialog with us over this issue. I took it up the *** from sony and a few other companies that felt thier customers were only cash cows and didn't deserve the time a day let alone actually talking to their customers. I said it before. I do not have to take that kind of crap from a company anymore. There are plenty of companies out there that the devs do listen and actually talk to us. So keep up the silent treatment bioware, you will start losing people if you keep up this attitude.

Give them your feedback then. Cancel your re-subscription. I did. I love the game so far, I really do. There are a bunch of bugs that I believe need fixing, a bunch of playability issues I would love to see fixed down the line. But it has the makings to be a good game.

The thing I cannot stand is the lack of communication between BW/EA and the players. The slicing nerf is one example. The entire PVP forums are another.

I won't put up with it again. Hopefully if they see enough people cancelling their re-subs, they will actually start listening and communicating with the playerbase.

Some people like to earn it and some don't. Please don't try to force your values on others. I personally didn't care either way about people abusing it or not, but I don't feel the need to play mommy to a massive group of strangers.

That's right. "I dupe responsibly, so please dont fix it". I've never known the honor system to sly well for cheats and hacks with devs.

Also the decision was a very rushed one because the game officially came out last week and I doubt if even 10% have reached 50. How can they complain about others making more money when they have no idea how money works at higher levels.

Because its much easier to loosen the cash choke points than remove gobs of extra currency and throw in money sinks?

Just wait until you either have to spend half your time in the game farming for credits or go back to purchasing credits from farming sites to be competitive.

So much for the casual players.

Well, the "can-afford" casual players will just resort to buying credits as well.. We know how that screws up econ as well. Same bullsith just different way..

Edited by supersonicks

Well, the "can-afford" casual players will just resort to buying credits as well.. We know how that screws up econ as well. Same bullsith just different way..

Except then you're (forcing)encouraging players to purchase credits. =/

Edited by Pansophist

aren't the slicers supposed to pour money into the system by buying expensive stuff from actual crafters so said crafters have more money etc etc? it needed a little tuning, but not like this ... as a slicer you have 2 crafting skills that are now probably low and worthless, good luck retraining something else :(

it took barely one week to nerf it into oblivion and i guess we are looking at weeks/monts until they actually fix it, by that time how many high level slicers will be around? you know for some real data on the changes ...

aren't the slicers supposed to pour money into the system by buying expensive stuff from actual crafters so said crafters have more money etc etc? it needed a little tuning, but not like this ... as a slicer you have 2 crafting skills that are now probably low and worthless, good luck retraining something else :(

it took barely one week to nerf it into oblivion and i guess we are looking at weeks/monts until they actually fix it, by that time how many high level slicers will be around? you know for some real data on the changes ...

People will still be buying stuff from crafters, just for less money and more effort involved.

Just keep posting our complaints, also blow up the twitter feed since that is really what Bioware pays attention to...

pretty much that is why we got the nerf. Twitter. sure nerf it a little dont beat it to death with the Nerf Hammer.

I love how people don't even consider the possibility that BioWare might have looked at the results for how Slicing was used, decided that they didn't like it and changed it.

Nope, it's all about bowing down to the whiners.

Whatever you can make up that makes your cause sound more reasonable I guess.

Edited by VioletZero

Yeah and the amount of Credits i spend has dropped to zero for the GM now, BTW

Way to "tax" the Job creators Bioware, You pretty much are taking out this Class Warfare on us slicers....O crap i need to stop posting on the forum....I'M SOUNDING LIKE A REPUBLICAN