Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps i missed it, but isn't there supposed to release Tyth Mastermode in July as well?

You didn't miss it, it's not listed.

So I'm quoting in hope of an answer from keith/eric(Keep the communication up guys. it's refreshing :) )

Edited by Torvai

I am stoked about this road map, and Keith's improved communication. I am thrilled that our PVE and PVP franz are finally getting something after such a long wait, but us story folk are also getting a little something. This road map seems to have a little of everything, and I'm excited that we'll continue getting these every three months.

I'm ecstatic that companions will now earn influence by doing crew missions that will make is so much easier on alts, and the increased speeder piloting is a nice surprise. In terms of companion customization, I could not ask for much more! <3 although slave girl outfits will once again become incredibly tiresome. I can picture it now, all the Lana's and Senya's in the slave girl outfit.

Edited by TyonYlle

After thinking about it, I realized there's one other thing I've been wanting since I started playing swtor, and that's the ability to replay the class story whenever we want. That was the draw of this game, and there's already a way to replay kotfe/kotet, so why not let us replay the class stories of the characters we've used for so long?

Thanks a lot for the update and the roadmap Keith! It's good to see that you guys take our concerns seriously and that you are dedicated players yourselves. That should make your understanding of some frustrations in the game much easier.

I also appreciate the much improved communication. While not everything was what we wanted to hear, like the delays, it's good to be open about it and keep us updated.

I like most of the announced stuff. However I do think the game should be made more alt friendly even. Before 5.0 I played all my 15 rep toons, but since 5.0 I only play 2 still. My imps I didn't even touched yet. Legacy components will certainly help. But maybe make all CXP legacy bound or dropped in packs (like the cxp from completing missions/weekly's etc).

Also speaking of QoL, please finally make the friend and ignore list legacy/account wide.

Also a point of critic, I'm pretty sure us was promised a new ops boss every two months, but as I see it now it will be already three months between boss 1 and boss 2. Please don't make a habit of postponing stuff the whole time. We waited already for such a long time for new ops, you cant let us suffer even more by delaying more. Please make it your top priority to deliver those bosses as fast as possible and at least on shedule as promised.

Smaller wishes:

- QT deco you can place on Guildship and strongholds

- Operations dummy deco

- One click respeccing, and saving quickbar layout's

- Ability to use mounts in more opses and ops area's. (both to make wiping less frustrating and the only way to show your awesome mounts, if you only play opses)

Thanks and good luck on implementing the roadmap!

I'm really pleased with the increased focus on operations. I like most aspects of the game, but group content is why I play. A key reason I've stayed with SWTOR is the friends I've made and continue to game with. It was getting a bit shakey for a while, but if the ops quality is good my friends will stay and hopefully some who left will return.

Thank you for a step change improvement in communications.

2. Missions for finding Gear and training new Abilities..... Add stories behind the abilities that players get throughout the game, or how to find new gear that actually matches their level and class. Once a player levels up they talk to a trainer that sends them on a quick mission to study a holocron, find a wandering Jedi Knight/Master, battle a rival Sith and claim their position/title, find an ancient force relic to build your lightsaber or upgrade your robes/cloak, talk to a Force Ghost, break into a republic armory and get new armor and blasters, sneak onto a cargo ship and steal gear. Access a mission terminal/bounty board to carry out a random mission or collect a bounty on an npc and claim the reward toward tokens for new gear or credits

There are countless possibilities for this and would draw a lot of new and old players back to the game.

Love this idea.

I'd also like to see small quest chains on planets with Strongholds that a required to be completed to "earn" the privilege of owning a Stronghold.

Something like "save prominent local's family from kidnappers" and said prominent local grants you a Title and Lands (Stronghold) for the service.

I'd also like to see more class specific titles for Strongholds - Consulars being able to call their SH X's Diplomatic Embassy, for example. Which would tie in nicely with having to do a pre-req quest.

There's tons of little packages of content that could be added to the game to flesh it out, make it feel more immersive and offer new options for gaining CXP and Reputations etc.

For my money the very worst of the Class Stories is still better than the post level 50 mono-story.

All The Best

Love this idea.

I'd also like to see small quest chains on planets with Strongholds that a required to be completed to "earn" the privilege of owning a Stronghold.

Something like "save prominent local's family from kidnappers" and said prominent local grants you a Title and Lands (Stronghold) for the service.

I'd also like to see more class specific titles for Strongholds - Consulars being able to call their SH X's Diplomatic Embassy, for example. Which would tie in nicely with having to do a pre-req quest.

There's tons of little packages of content that could be added to the game to flesh it out, make it feel more immersive and offer new options for gaining CXP and Reputations etc.

For my money the very worst of the Class Stories is still better than the post level 50 mono-story.

All The Best

Sounds great! I just hope after saving them I won't be required to spend any credits or cc on it. I mean after all I earned it. =)

I really must say how much I've appreciated and been impressed by your interaction on the forums, Keith. It makes me, as a player, feel appreciated and like my enjoyment of the game matters to you. I'm not a PvP player or much into ops, but I'm glad you'll be providing content for that community. I'll admit that I'm a bit anxious about the class balance changes, but I'll also admit that it's because my fav class is the sniper/gunslinger and I like hitting like an atomic canon when I plow through heroic areas. Since I'm typically a solo, or small group player, I'm a little nervous that my tiny chiss sniper will lose some of her bite and it will be harder to grind through. Still, the balance needs to happen for the pvpers and I don't begrudge them that. Please just don't over correct and declaw the sniper/gunslinger completely.

I'm beyond happy to see that more of the original companions will be returning. I won't lie, my Jedi lost her husband and it bothered me to the point of rarely playing that character anymore. I won't even take my agent through any of the new stuff until I know when Vector comes back and if there are any choices that could cause him to end the relationship. I'm a young widow, spouse loss is a touchy thing for me and it's been a challenge not to let it bother me when I play. So glad you really do plan to bring them back. Thank you, thank you so much!

And a new stronghold! Woohoo! I've been grinding and hoarding credits since the rumors about a new stronghold started. I'm so excited to see what this one is and to have a new home for my characters. Clearly, I'm a story/rp player, lol. I'm pleased with most of what I see here, and simply neutral about the rest. I'm feeling very optimistic about this summer. (Granted, I'm usually an optimistic person, lol.)

Thank you for the effort you've put into being communicative with the player base. I feel like I have a voice and a stake in the future of the game and that is a great way to build and maintain customer loyalty!

1)

.....Praise be to Lord Covfefe....

I hate you for this lol

Revamp story mode OPs so that PUGs can complete them. Right now, you can't successfully PUG Temple of Sacrifice or Ravagers. I have no problem with going back to multiplayer mode but you have to make it so that people don't have to be Elite Raid Lords to do them.

Not exactly a roadmap, but mostly a positive direction.

However, I feel it's too little too late. the damage was done before 5.0 - After that it's been pack-peddaling on the atrocious GC system. - And the number of players has reduced dramatically.

- Here's hoping that new content is in fact new. That the whales can keep the cash coming in and that the new stuff is large enough and exciting enough to entice old players to come back.

The game is scrabbling for grip to escape the Sarlacc. You're gonna need some thrilling heroics to climb out and escape.

But I wash you luck.

Perhaps i missed it, but isn't there supposed to release Tyth Mastermode in July as well?

Im almost sure, like 99.9% that from one of their streams, they advertised that (ben was still in charge), that next boss would be released, and previous one would be on master mode (i still prefere to call it nightmare). so i do think you are not mistaken, and actually hear it too - but i do think they will release nightmare only next year, or end of the year to mathx the full release of the Gods operation. looking for the roadmap, thats what i read between the lines.

i think number one on that roadmap should of been added: the removal of GC.

No. Believe it or not, some people actually like having a chance at gear for doing starfighter, dailies and master mode flashpoints. The additional bonus roll for a second set item or your first set item after a raid is also nice to have. If this is how GC will be handled in the future, I can only disagree with removing it.

Restoring guaranteed drops to operation bosses is by far enough RNG removal. The feature itself doesn't have to go with the new token system being worked on. You can still go onto this pointless crusade, but I'd be far more upset if the feature was taken out rather than just making it a secondary gearing option.

Im worried when you say class balance on sage, im playing the heal version on both sides, and cleaerly the dark side is stronger and more power full in heals proven with parsec, compare to the light side with exactly the same equipment. There are not much more damage you can do to ruin the sage healers completely beside nurfing the heals even more and the little damage they have left. hope to see a better balance between the classes than always see the favorising of darkside chars.

Thank you for the roadmap, Keith, and also for delivering it in May.

I think you wrote very eloquently about many things we already knew and it also becomes quite obvious that there are not many future plans ready yet. It would make sense if BW decided a change of course and then, naturally, it takes time to revamp everything. A roadmap for quarters could also indicate that you have to think from quarter to quarter nowadays, regarding financial income from EA. Maybe they are watching your finances carefully or something.

For me, I am a story player and the GF almost never pops for my medic, so I hope that the new FP will have a story mode. I don't mind the group content. I doubt I will ever see the God bosses of the new OP though, so from my individual point of view, the resources you spend on that are wasted. I acknowledge however that there are players out there who like that kind of content and they deserve updates as well.

At the moment, I am most looking forward to getting all the companions back - in a hopefully nicely presented way. Please find good reasons for the absence of e. g. Kira and Scourge during the final stage of the battle against Vitiate/Valkorion. Whatever you decide is the reason for that, I wish you would add a flashback cutscene which shows e. g. Scourge's reaction when he felt the turbulence in the Force. Or Kira collapsing, because her bond to Vitiate completely ruptures (if it didn't already, I don't remember how her story ended). I think such cutscenes, if well done, could compensate for their absence when they should have been there.

Again, thanks for the roadmap and for making it so readable. As for the content that is about to come, it's about what I expected. That said, I never asked for much in this game. The QoL updates are much appreciated.

Just to quote myself and ask the question rephrased: When is Tyth Mastermode coming? Can you comment on that in your roadmap too? Or just a comment here would be nice too.

Your own website says this:

"Face Tyth on one of two different challenge levels: Story Mode or the more challenging Hard Mode – with Master Mode coming soon!"

http://www.swtor.com/eternal-throne/updates

When is "soon"?

Originally they said somewhere that tyth Mastermode is coming out when they release SM/Veteran of the second boss, which is July according to the roadmaap, but since they havent mentioned it now, i dont know what they are planning too hopefully they will release more info about that

Class balance should be in june not july. Besides, if you want players to play this game - class changes, legacy perks, legacy-wide components should be implemented as soon as possible. Otherwise, why should players suffer now when they can unsub, play other games whilst waiting for these mandatory changes :rak_02: players don't want to suffer in warzones because of mercs or gear up alts with current alt-unfriendly system. Until changes which were mentioned up implemented - nothing to do in this game except running operations for main char.

Additionally, it says " We are reviewing ways to improve use of your wide range of characters, and one of our top priorities is to make Unassembled Components a Legacy currency. This allows you to play with any of your alternate characters while gaining benefits across your entire Legacy." - but when? We need date (patch) when this will be implemented. Or i missed it?

Edited by omaan

I have some requests, if I may. (* = denotes that I would pay actual money for it as a cash shop item)

GSI robot skins* - Specifically, the JesusBot from the story mode FP (can fit HK or even one of the cartel droids, don't care) and the little holodroid guy from the one Ziost daily that's instanced. (Can't remember the name of it. Perfect T7 skin, and all the subs can get him now, so.)

GSI Speeder from geofissure daily on Ziost* - That one should be easy given Bioware's well-developed skill for reskinning mounts. Its base frame is a long-existing asset, so this really shouldn't be an implementation issue at all.

Denon Exosphere TDM map - Chop it in half. Done. Then we'd have 3 TDMs and 3 Doms, and honestly, a third TDM option would be surprisingly refreshing. (I would like to state that I chose SWTOR over EvE Online due very much to its GSF component. Can't be doing too bad if you're pulling people away from the internet's biggest spaceship game.)

Edited by DownloadStarter

After thinking about it, I realized there's one other thing I've been wanting since I started playing swtor, and that's the ability to replay the class story whenever we want. That was the draw of this game, and there's already a way to replay kotfe/kotet, so why not let us replay the class stories of the characters we've used for so long?

YES! That would be great!

I too would enjoy this.