Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ - Road Map 2017

EricMusco

Dear god, what a let down....

Hey keith i'm not sure in what world you live, but this was a disappointment. This road map was a junction of all the small information you have been giving us.... Jesus, talking about disappointment. You ppl at Bioware really know how to break the barrier at disappointing us.....

Why is it a disappointment? What were you expecting then?

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finaly please increase dps of sorc,s like for reall they sucky suck 5 dollah now + compared to other classes cant even enter nim now days also fix my bug when my pc was half broken i first choice i was made with my sorc diablo is to be emperor yet in Iokath war u guys made me peacekeeper sigh :(

I also think that a lack of information may be due to, well, a change in game lead and other restructures.

It's hard to deal with a lot of management reorganization and keep working on a project. This, I hope, is them turning the game in the right direction, so they can then proceed forward at a more brisk place.

Maybe I'm too hopeful, though!

Being hopeful is good! It's better and less draining that the way some people in this thread have been acting. I would say, I didn't expect a lot of changes when Keith took over, but between the communication (Especially in regards to server problems) since he took over and the roadmap, he has earned my trust.

^^This.

I enjoy warzones in this game more than anything, and there are a few things that are demotivating me to the point where I'm not playing much (not nearly as much as I used to pre-5.0):

1. The GRIND and RNG. I have zero characters to 300 Command Rank, and I'm not motivated to change that. I don't want to grind to get to the point where I have a tiny chance at 248 stuff. I would like a game in which I could completely ignore Galactic Command. Unassembled Components give me that, but at a painfully slow rate. If you must know, my "main" is ~240 Command Rank with six other characters in the 30-140 range.
  2. Balance. Arsenal Mercs everywhere. Snipers spamming AOE everywhere. It's a melee class' worst nightmare. I like melee (Mara, Vengeance, Deception). Current balance makes me not want to play.
  3. No Legacy Unassembled Components. We still don't have these.
  4. No role balancing. Those games where one team has multiple healers and the other has none are quite infuriating, particularly when it's imp vs imp. Seems like it should be pretty easy to spread them out (unless they queue as a group of healers, but people don't generally do that).
  5. Ranked rewards are not enticing. I don't want to play solo ranked because I don't see the reward. I'm not into titles. I like my manhunter title and I don't want to change it. I got the black-silver crystals a long time ago. So unless I want to go for the mount (super token grind), there's no reward that I value. No incentive to play. I think that's part of why solo ranked has devolved into what it is now.

Here here! Well said on all fronts!

I was hoping you at least had the rest of the year mapped out by now... but this? It took so long to give us a roadmap for the next three months only?

He is telling you what he can reasonably produce in the next 3 months. not pie in the sky BS. he set attainable goals, not bs wish lists. I can accept this, learn to live with goals that are actually attainable. You are like a Cleveland Brown fan wanting a superbowl title.

I can accept this, learn to live with goals that are actually attainable. You are like a Cleveland Brown fan wanting a superbowl title.

This.

Keith wants to release quarterly updates. A quarter of a year is three months. You got the plans all the way to August. June, July and August. Your next quarterly update is in August/September. So what's the deal?

Daily Areas

Please make their access level based with their own stories in no way, shape or form dependent on anything KotFE/ET related.

The percentage of my Characters that have had those expansions inflicted upon them is in the single digits and will never get any larger. It's sad that I feel like I can't take them to new areas due to the KotFE/ET taint it would carry.

I'd sacrifice a hypergoat for some kinda space wizard to erase the whole shebang and wipe galaxy-wide memory.

Thank you, so much, for finally getting this out to us. Knowing that there will be more, and better, communication between you all and the playerbase is very comforting.

I look forward to chilling on my oceanview stronghold. :rak_03:

Questions:

Release of Master Mode Tyth anytime soon with new boss coming out?

Any changes to Master Mode Ops Loot on Non-Final Bosses to not be random junk?

Any changes to NiM final boss loot so that the entire loot table is there not half?

I am slightly disappointed that we are getting more gear tier and that you can get some of it from HM when NiM doesn't have the full loot table of the previous tier. That and the harder fights will become more trivialized.

That said,

The rest looks good and I hope more Ops content is a permanent not temporal shift.

Edited by FerkWork

This.

Keith wants to release quarterly updates. A quarter of a year is three months. You got the plans all the way to August. June, July and August. Your next quarterly update is in August/September. So what's the deal?

Some people I think had this idea that the roadmap would answer all their hopes and dreams for TOR, and they would all get a medal and a box of cookies. (Or was that just me? :p) But, since this is just a quarterly roadmap, which is better than what we've gotten in the last two years, and not the roadmap they wanted. People are getting angry.

Some people I think had this idea that the roadmap would answer all their hopes and dreams for TOR, and they would all get a medal and a box of cookies. (Or was that just me? :p) But, since this is just a quarterly roadmap, which is better than what we've gotten in the last two years, and not the roadmap they wanted. People are getting angry.

Nice to know what you think...

...now here is what I think...

I think people are angry and have been angry about all the crap that has been ongoing for far too long. I think they are capable of stating their own thoughts without having to have people translate their English to English! Of course people are frustrated, but it is not frustration developed overnight -- so it won't go away overnight either.

Also, just because "its better than anything we've gotten in the last 2 years" doesn't mean it is good.

'Eating half a teaspoon of cat crap is better than a full teaspoon of cat crap' is reasonable for you?

Edited by garnetwr

Frankly, this is a heck of a lot better than what I was expecting. It will be good if we get these every quarter, not so good if this turns into a one-time deal.

Looking forward to that ocean view. Hopefully the devs have been paying attention to the threads on strongholds. Also glad that they see the need to bring back more companions, and to find ways to increase companion influence through in-game activities.

[quote name=Talon_strikes;9319893Also extremely disappointing on nothing discussing RNG gearing' date=' a complete revamp or removal of Galactic Command, or server merges. :([/quote]

Has Keith, Eric, or any of the other devs ever mentioned this? Or just you and your friends?

I just want some clarification: if the story is being advanced through a flashpoint, will there be a solo option? Because if it's group only I'm not going to be able to do it. I've had a hard enough time even finding someone patient enough to run the Star Fortresses with me.

Not whining - my physical limitations are my own problem - I just want to know so I can decide whether I can find workarounds, or if it's time to let my sub go.

That's not whining that is a legit Accessibility issue. I used to say the same thing but if any game wants to do well it has to think about accessibility. And EA are listening, but it may be best to go through the channels dedicated to it:

I encourage everyone with feedback to e-mail AccessibilityFeedback@ea.com. For most impact, please be specific on game and features.

(PS if you are on Harbinger I'm there, actually would love to join a guild/group with other disabled players- my timezone is the main catch)

And you are not alone. I have severe erosion in my hands. The walker missions were so damaging, not just tiring or difficult it actually caused damage to my hands- it was the sustained depressing of mouse and keys and having so few restore points- usual story mode allows self healing/companion healing and also medpacks etc. I use all of them to counter my physical limitations and reduce single sustained stresses.

And it's not like arthritis or carpal tunnel is something rare- all of us will have to deal with it at some time- keyboard and mouse or controller they all cause repeat actions on hands that over time cause damage. Long term player bases need to be factored in. They are relatively new to human tool use so getting ahead of the curve is going to be an advantage commercially.

It's also not a consideration that would affect group content players. Give more rewards for group content, I really appreciate that. I just want to actually make sure I can play story- additional content is great and should definitely have a lot of focus right now. It's also a nice break so that I can try and do story content on my alts.

I do like rewards but I am much happier spreading the burden of getting a reward over a few days rather than one forced session. I think group content is of course much more enjoyable with distinct sessions.

BTW it would be awesome to have a SWTOR accessibility group. If there is one already and I'm just not seeing it a gentle nudge in that direction would be appreciated.

Thank you so much for the roadmap!! I'm so excited for the upcoming new content!

The new stronghold sounds amazing. I don't even have all of the old ones yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to eventually having all of them.

And I've never played the Nightlife event before, so I'm really going to enjoy researching how best to try it out before it's released! I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun!!

I'm not a complete fan of multiplayer content and much prefer the single player storyline, but I realize that story by itself has been a major focus for quite a long time now, and that multiplayer definitely needs some love and attention, too. So I'm definitely not complaining, and I'm really happy that they're focusing on it right now. (And, yes, 😃 I totally realize that I am playing an MMORPG, I'm just more of a fan of immersive storytelling than all-the-time social gameplay, and I adore that SWTOR gives me the option of both.)

I only really have one question about the upcoming goodies: How many modes do you think the newest Flashpoint might have? Will it just be the 4+ Veteran and Master, or is a Story mode also being considered?

Again, thank you so much for the roadmap! I've been looking forward to it and wasn't disappointed! And please pass on my thanks to the whole team for helping create a game that I truly adore playing.

~ Nev

I am always overwhelmed by the volume of content both old and new (so much i want to do and so little time) i like the long way exploring and admiring all the little and big details of your work.

So i have some questions/details i would like to ask about about:

NAR SHADDAA SUMMER - GAME UPDATE 5.2.2 – JUNE 13TH

1. a new Gamorrean Companion!
    Will it be an uniqe drop from slot machine or can it be bought with Gold Certificates?
  2. Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions
    How much influence? Is there any chance to ADD the "REPEAT LAST CREW SKILL MISSION" button?
  3. Tier 1 gear can now be purchased for Command Tokens
    Is there an chance to add the third/forth option to upgrade the gear that we got from GC crates via Command Tokens?

SISTERS OF CARNAGE - GAME UPDATE 5.3 – JULY

1. A brand-new Stronghold with a great view of the Ocean
    No subscriber reward ?
    Are we gonna see the stronghold before update?
    How much rooms to unlock 7 or 9?
    In order to activate it will we have to turn one stronghold off when we have All 5?

2. The ability to search for Stronghold Decorations using new filters
    Is there gonna be new decorations available for credits at our local vendor?
    Are you plan to increase the decoration drop rate in original lvl 1-50 Flashpoints?

CRISIS ON UMBARA - GAME UPDATE 5.4 – AUGUST

The story will continue in a new Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara

How much modes this FP will have ? SOLO, STORY, VETERAN, MASTER?

Thanks again for an awesome Road Map and eager to hear more details about every new thing you are adding with the new updates.

I am always overwhelmed by the volume of content both old and new (so much i want to do and so little time) i like the long way exploring and admiring all the little and big details of your work.

So i have some questions/details i would like to ask about about:

NAR SHADDAA SUMMER - GAME UPDATE 5.2.2 – JUNE 13TH

1. a new Gamorrean Companion!
    Will it be an uniqe drop from slot machine or can it be bought with Gold Certificates?
  2. Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions
    How much influence? Is there any chance to ADD the "REPEAT LAST CREW SKILL MISSION" button?
  3. Tier 1 gear can now be purchased for Command Tokens
    Is there an chance to add the third/forth option to upgrade the gear that we got from GC crates via Command Tokens?

SISTERS OF CARNAGE - GAME UPDATE 5.3 – JULY

1. A brand-new Stronghold with a great view of the Ocean
    No subscriber reward ?
    Are we gonna see the stronghold before update?
    How much rooms to unlock 7 or 9?
    In order to activate it will we have to turn one stronghold off when we have All 5?

2. The ability to search for Stronghold Decorations using new filters
    Is there gonna be new decorations available for credits at our local vendor?
    Are you plan to increase the decoration drop rate in original lvl 1-50 Flashpoints?

CRISIS ON UMBARA - GAME UPDATE 5.4 – AUGUST

The story will continue in a new Flashpoint: Crisis on Umbara

How much modes this FP will have ? SOLO, STORY, VETERAN, MASTER?

Thanks again for an awesome Road Map and eager to hear more details about every new thing you are adding with the new updates.

My guess is the Gammorean Companion will be the jackpot win. Hope they bring back the Rancor for certificates.

Summary

1. There will be increased communication

Discussion of proposed changes with threads on Wednesdays

Roadmap updates every quarter

2. Nar Shaddaa Summer (Game Update 5.2.2) on June 13th

Nar Shaddaa Nightlife event with new rewards, including a new Gamorrean Companion

Starfighter Improvements – Increased Requisition gains, Gunship and Bomber available by default, some new ship customization options

Companion Influence earned from Crew Skill Missions

Command Experience Legacy Perk for alts once one character reaches Command Rank 300; to increase CXP gains on all other characters

The ability to craft Tier 4 armor

Theron Shan and Shae Vizla’s appearances will be customizable

New Legacy Perks: Mount Speed 4 & 5 (120% & 130% increased movement speed)

Tier 1 gear purchaseable for Command Tokens

3. Sisters of Carnage (Game Update 5.3) in July

Esne and Aivela will be added to the Iokath Operation as the second boss (SM and VM). Already on PTS.

First set of class balance changes; there will be monthly follow-up updates as needed.

Sorcerer / Sage

Powertech / Vanguard

Assassin / Shadow

Sniper / Gunslinger

Mercenary / Commando

Operative / Scoundrel

Platinum quality item drop from some Ops bosses in VM and MM

New Stronghold with a view of the Ocean

Stronghold Decorations search using new filters

Additional Companion customization (Lana / Koth / Senya)

[*] Crisis on Umbara (Game Update 5.4) in August

New FP

Season 8 of Ranked PvP ends

Additional Companion customization (Lana / Koth / Senya)

[*] Other changes (Possibly beyond August)

New warzone

Changes to Ranked PvP

Season 9 Ranked PvP rewards announcement

Return of some class-story companions

There will be review and adjustment of which companions players received through Alliance Alerts

[*] Unassembled Components will not become legacy-bound yet.

Edited by mike_carton

Good luck with all that player feedback. Remember, none of them are game designers.

Henry Ford once said, “If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses.”

Also - listening to your player base led you to do the nearly single player experience we have today which you guys seem to be abandoning rather noticeably.

All I'm saying is most of the feedback you'll get will be garbage, let's be real.

Does the August update include a story update as well, or is it just one flashpoint? Same with the returning companions: Are they coming back in story updates, or just in alliance alerts?

Please do not drop the story updates entirely. Even GW2, which has no monthly fee, has quarterly story updates (GW2 doesn't have the best story, but it beats having nothing).