Petition to nerf Merc/Commandos. please comment to support!

Paratusin

Stop. Just Stop. If by complaining and whining of your general lack of ability in PVP on the forums is a way to let the Dev's know how you feel than we should just dumb down PVP in general for every class so your mentally capable of facerolling in every game you play.

Raw data, performance and numbers should be the factor in any decisions of class balance. Not a bunch of need to "Learn2Play" posters on this forum.

Players (and actually playing) put in context what the raw numbers are saying. I believe the reason why we have such class imbalance is because of "raw numbers".

For instance, I have a much much much better win percentage on my Mara then I do on my DPS Jugg, even though my Jugg almost always is a scoreboard star and my Mara is often near the bottom (medals). Why? Is it because I've played the Mara longer? Nope just the opposite. They both do the same damage or the Jugg may do a bit more depending. The reason is meaningful damage. The Mara does more meaningful damage in a PvP environment and pure numbers alone would never tell there is a significant difference between the two classes.

In other words some classes simply have more of an effect on the outcome of the match that numbers would not tell you on the surface.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a PVE DPS list from Bant, based on 242 gear

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=847112

It seems not all Mercs are OP and Lethality Operative are the ones we should be worried about because they have some of the best defence in the game

/buff lightning Sorc please

Except lethality operative can't do anything but tickle people in pvp. They have no burst whatsoever.

The truth to this is that.. they REALLY, I mean REALLY need to do something about mercs. They are so overpowered that it's sometimes comic really. And stop blaming others that are unable to kill them because you know very well that that the problem is that when they are fakin dead, they suddenly heal up to 80% by single button push. And you, who fought hard to take their health down will die a miserable death because UNLIKE them, your defenses are all on CD, and you don't have some miraculous self healing abilities.

How many times did it happen that your ranked arena match was a loss before it even started because opponents had more mercs ? or 3 mercs, or 2 mercs and sniper.

Merc defenses are just totally unfair at the moment, and I don't care how bad they were before 5.0. it's not very fun to lose.. because you cannot kill something that just constantly heals itself up, regardless if it's DPS or heal or whatever.

Mercs now are an all inclusive package.: healers, tanks, and DPS at the same time.

For the sake of balance. Something needs to be done.

signed

PS: I don't have a problem with their reflect shield. their self heals need to be taken down...

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Yea Adrenaline Rush needs to be reworked. No reason should one CD be the reason that a dps class can face tank 4+ individuals and live to tell the tale while returning to 70% health. The new reflect/absorb is fine, makes commandos worth playing again, but even focus defense for guardians doesn't dosent do a fourth of what Adrenaline Rush can do...

I think by this point anyone who regularly plays pvp knows that this class is very unbalanced compared to every other dps class. They are the highest dmg dealers in the game, while being ranged, which makes that dmg very easy to deal, have the best armor in the game, some of the best defensive cds in the game, and can heal most of their life while in combat 3 times in under 2 mins. and on top of all that, electronets. now that many matches half of my opponents are mercs, these have become very prevalent in pvp. they shut you down like nothing else in the game, and make it so that many classes cannot use ANY good defensive skills, which as low armor chars can be their only defense. combine all this, and it's just way too good, which is why around half the people in pvp use this class now, out of 8 classes. the only 2 dps specs that are considered tier 1 right now are the 2 merc/commando dps specs.

Please, everyone who agrees that this class needs a nerf for very valid reasons, comment below to show your support and hopefully cause the makers of this game to take notice at how unhappy they're making their players with this new class imbalance that they have refused to fix.

What I find so funny as someone who has player Merc since launch is that for years Mercs were a joke in Ranked as Sins and Sorcs ruled the day running around in God mode. Now those players who used to kill Mercs with nothing more than a sideways glance have to work to kill Mercs are now crying for nerfs. All the Merc players ever heard from these FOTM classes was L2P.

Well now I say to you whiners that cannot kill Mercs as easily as you did before L2P your class. You have had it so easy for so long that you never had to put in any effort, just button mash well now you need to learn your class.

What I find so funny as someone who has player Merc since launch is that for years Mercs were a joke in Ranked as Sins and Sorcs ruled the day running around in God mode. Now those players who used to kill Mercs with nothing more than a sideways glance have to work to kill Mercs are now crying for nerfs. All the Merc players ever heard from these FOTM classes was L2P.

Well now I say to you whiners that cannot kill Mercs as easily as you did before L2P your class. You have had it so easy for so long that you never had to put in any effort, just button mash well now you need to learn your class.

This is the best reason I've ever read on maintaining class imbalance.

It's truly bulletproof:

A. Other classes had OP balance problems yesterday.

B. Now my class is the duplo-mode OP problem class.

QED: You are bads!

You literally can't argue with that.

Playing against Mercs in arenas are awful. When there's multiple of them and they're focusing you you're a sitting duck. Mercs will royally slow you in Electro Net City, thus leaving you without almost any option to LoS, and then proceed to burst you to death while you can't use any DCDs (Phase Walk, Force Barrier, Force Speed) to even try to begin to mitigate the damage.

Want to peel for your Sage/Sorc healer? Forget about it. The Merc will proceed to pop one of its many godly DCDs and will gladly sit through that damage as your healer's HP goes down to 0 quickly.

I'd also add Snipers to this ridiculousness--but at least these guys can be kited and LoS'd. Their utilities are a bit ridiculous, and they need to be toned down a bit so they can be the glass cannons they're meant to be.

Anyone who's against any of these changes is probably a typical Merc FOTM reroll. :rolleyes:

Edited by Talon_strikes

just wanted to thank everyone who's commented :) hopefully the devs will start to pay attention to the fact that soo many people care about how they've ruined the balance in this game.

Sorry that you are new to MMOs. How it works is, every version features different classes being on top. It is just commando's turn. Yes, its an adjustment dealing with them now, as in 4.0 the rule was, if you see a commando glance his direction and he automatically dies. Healers and Commando's were targeted hard. They wanted to add survivability to make the class playable, mission accomplished. If you know what you are doing, taking down one is easy. Taking down a pair of Commandos is hard yes, but taking down a pair of healers is impossible.

Playing against Mercs in arenas are awful. When there's multiple of them and they're focusing you you're a sitting duck. Mercs will royally slow you in Electro Net City, thus leaving you without almost any option to LoS, and then proceed to burst you to death while you can't use any DCDs (Phase Walk, Force Barrier, Force Speed) to even try to begin to mitigate the damage.

Want to peel for your Sage/Sorc healer? Forget about it. The Merc will proceed to pop one of its many godly DCDs and will gladly sit through that damage as your healer's HP goes down to 0 quickly.

I'd also add Snipers to this ridiculousness--but at least these guys can be kited and LoS'd. Their utilities are a bit ridiculous, and they need to be toned down a bit so they can be the glass cannons they're meant to be.

Anyone who's against any of these changes is probably a typical Merc FOTM reroll. :rolleyes:

Ill tell you what I was told as a merc when everyone was a Sin or Sorc.

L2P your class before you complain about other classes.

L2P your class before you complain about other classes. When you were running Sage/Sorc or Shadow/Sin and they were 80% of the classes played in PVP I am sure you loved it. Now you have to think when fighting instead of just mashing buttons with your cat running across the keyboard you cry and whine. I have no sympathy for the bads out there.

Sorry that you are new to MMOs. How it works is, every version features different classes being on top. It is just commando's turn. Yes, its an adjustment dealing with them now, as in 4.0 the rule was, if you see a commando glance his direction and he automatically dies. Healers and Commando's were targeted hard. They wanted to add survivability to make the class playable, mission accomplished. If you know what you are doing, taking down one is easy. Taking down a pair of Commandos is hard yes, but taking down a pair of healers is impossible.

You it it right on the head. These guys just want it back to when you could stun lock a merc and kill them before the stun wore off. They liked playing to where you did not have to think about which attack to use just mash buttons and the merc died. Now they have to think and plan, they cannot just rush in and kill. L2P bads.

yeah... feels like the only classes stomping are:

mercs, sorc healers, and snipers because they hit too hard from ranged and their defensive cds/repels are also very good. it is really hard to bewa meele in this game now with so much knocbacks, slows, roots, and **** shooting you from distance. I love SW. and i gave this game a shot. i come from pvp games and I have always been competitive. i can't tak ethis game seriously as the balance it has right now. I brought 4, 5 friends to try to play this game and ttake a break from other games, but we only found stress in this game on the pvp side. pve is cool, but pve alone wont keep me subbing. I feel scammed. I paid subscription for a poor design job in pvp. I already cancelled and I will only resub if i see a good patch notes addressing all the aids in this game:

-HEALING scaling above dps

-mercs too strong

-snipers too strong with too strong cds

-meele classes not hitting that hard without much sustain, etc.

yeah... feels like the only classes stomping are:

mercs, sorc healers, and snipers because they hit too hard from ranged and their defensive cds/repels are also very good. it is really hard to bewa meele in this game now with so much knocbacks, slows, roots, and **** shooting you from distance. I love SW. and i gave this game a shot. i come from pvp games and I have always been competitive. i can't tak ethis game seriously as the balance it has right now. I brought 4, 5 friends to try to play this game and ttake a break from other games, but we only found stress in this game on the pvp side. pve is cool, but pve alone wont keep me subbing. I feel scammed. I paid subscription for a poor design job in pvp. I already cancelled and I will only resub if i see a good patch notes addressing all the aids in this game:

-HEALING scaling above dps

-mercs too strong

-snipers too strong with too strong cds

-meele classes not hitting that hard without much sustain, etc.

Oh bull... learn your class and enemy class, mercs and snipers can be easily killed by someone with skill playing melee

Oh bull... learn your class and enemy class, mercs and snipers can be easily killed by someone with skill playing melee

Bad ones, probably. You won't kill a good Merc with all their defensives up on a melee alone, I can guarantee you that much.

Started playing games on a Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128k and i have seen alot of broken **** in my time but this just takes the piss to the point its game breaking. And yeah im going to put it out there guys im going to say it that Merc is the most OP class i have ever seen in any MMO game to date.