Petition to nerf Merc/Commandos. please comment to support!

Paratusin

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the issue is that individually mercs/comms can be killed for sure they have a slight edge over people due to the ability to re heal a bit more than some classes, massive burst and that dreaded net.

where it gets brutal is when there is 2,3 or 4 of them then it makes the hole thing terribly unbalanced.

multiple nets which are the god move of the game slows, grants massive multiplier to damage and kills big cool downs that help you survive that damage.

They needed the defense buffs even though I think its cheese they stole the guardians CD's they are essentially a guardian/jugg that also self heals, slow clap for the morons that thought that was a good idea.

plus that massive opening burst which is in the top 3 of the game easily with sins/shadows and the maras/sents

bottom line is the idea that a specific bunch of burst classes can sustain that burst over and over so quickly, makes pvp unenjoyable, the difference is the merc has that damn god mode net and crazy defensive cool downs that make them tank with heals, the complete package!! The merc...the healing tank God mode DPs.....

Edited by tyzza

No. They aren't. Hell I was able to kill a merc 10 lvls higher than me with my plasmatech VG FFS. Most mercs are absolutely awful that play right now.

Congratulations you killed a FOTM re-roller who was probably using a boost token to make a merc and so they had no idea what they were doing to the extent that you killed them with the abysmal class like plasma tech vg

Pity the "you can kill bads who have no understanding of the op class with any class", is not a valid balance argument

/nerf

Go ranked 4v4 and enemy team is 3-4 mercs, GL with a team of sents/mara and whatever classes there might be. U got shtty defenses with sent/mara (by shtty defenses i mean in comparison to the merc defenses). DPS is same but no stupid heal, heavy armor, and ranged DPS!!!

So to all saying you can win with this situation, go and die!:D

This is the sad reality so you go bioware...:rolleyes:

i will start-off with 2 recent experiences.

I was playing an arena, both teams where trinity comp (2 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank) of nearly equal skill and gear. Our dps where carnage mara (me) and mm sniper and theirs was arsenal and dec sin. Our strategy was focus merc till he pops a dcd, then switch to dec sin, then back to the merc. The idea was to impede the merc dps. In both rounds the merc ended up being the lowest dps out of the 4 dps, and our team won. The dcds did not make any difference, because the damage is still susceptible to interrupts easily, it was just a bait and switch. Both sniper and mara damage is not impeded by being focused.

The other experience was in vs, the enemy team had 5 merc. No matter how much damage you put you cannot kill anybody. Every time you focus a merc, he pops one of the gazilion dcds. Our team lost.

You can see the issue, the dcds make them too powerful in wzs, particularly in large groups and absence of quality healers on both teams. Which are similar conditions to yolo ranked. Group ranked, while you cannot differentiate between dps, healers and tanks, merc have the lowest ranks, only ahead of ops.

something needs to change to help merc deal damage more consistently, while bringing down their survivability to more decent level considering they are a ranged dps. What bw did is baloney. Loading a class with dcds does not solve its issues. It did not work before and it does not work now. It just creates a polarizing experience which ruins the game play quality for everyone.

ahahahaahahha

lmao.

It's good where it is budd.

ahahahaahahha

lmao.

It's good where it is budd.

Is it? Explain to me then why in group ranked merc are way behind snipers, sins and mara on leader boards if they are the top tier dps?

It is not the damage capacity, it is the susceptibility to interrupts that makes them weak. Merc dps are way too survivable but are defiantly lacking.

/nerf

Go ranked 4v4 and enemy team is 3-4 mercs, GL with a team of sents/mara and whatever classes there might be. U got shtty defenses with sent/mara (by shtty defenses i mean in comparison to the merc defenses). DPS is same but no stupid heal, heavy armor, and ranged DPS!!!

So to all saying you can win with this situation, go and die!:D

This is the sad reality so you go bioware...:rolleyes:

I've got a fix for you if you're in the Rishi map.

Go 3 lightning Sorc and 1 healer Sorc against 3 dps Mercs and 1 healer Merc.

Of course you need to be damn good and they need to be mediocre.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Congratulations you killed a FOTM re-roller who was probably using a boost token to make a merc and so they had no idea what they were doing to the extent that you killed them with the abysmal class like plasma tech vg

Pity the "you can kill bads who have no understanding of the op class with any class", is not a valid balance argument

FOTM re rollers dont have higher than 114k health. You just have to use your brain. People are just pissed off that they cant use mercs / mandos as punching bags anymore. I have seen maras and juggs absolutely wreck mercs when they use their brain. Stop using the Leroy Jenkins mentality and youll be fine.

And actually plasmatech VG is a lot better than it used to be. Still not great, but a lot better.

"Most mercs are bad" is not an argument.

Its clear anyone with the gall to defend the state of mercs now just wants to keep being OP.

SKILL BEING EQUAL mercs are SUPER SUPER OP.

I have a 70 of nearly every class. Ive played them all after 5.0.

No class has the combination of mobility, damage and survivability that a merc has. Its unmatched.

Merc Defense:

Responsive safeguards

Kolto Overload to 75% health

Heal to full sheild that you can spec multiple buffs into

Instant and casted heals

Heavy Armor

Chaff flare

While tossing 10-30k damage hits nonstop.

Wait till people start figuring out Innovative Ordinace.

"Most mercs are bad" is not an argument.

Its clear anyone with the gall to defend the state of mercs now just wants to keep being OP.

SKILL BEING EQUAL mercs are SUPER SUPER OP.

I have a 70 of nearly every class. Ive played them all after 5.0.

No class has the combination of mobility, damage and survivability that a merc has. Its unmatched.

Merc Defense:

Responsive safeguards

Kolto Overload to 75% health

Heal to full sheild that you can spec multiple buffs into

Instant and casted heals

Heavy Armor

Chaff flare

While tossing 10-30k damage hits nonstop.

Wait till people start figuring out Innovative Ordinace.

This is exactly how this guy says it.

Either the people defending the merc class are R E T A R D E D (which i think this is the case) or they are just trying to protect their OP class.

Nonetheless Bioware stop hearing to idiots and do something about it.

Edited by GloomyBoy

defense skills like mercs? Jugg.

best encounter for mercs are snipers.

if the merc has run out of his defense skills he is easily to kill like juggs.

So basically you're saying that your Ranged DPS class has defenses in strength much like one of the primary tanks in the game?

THANK YOU. That's the point we've been trying to make too.

Now that we are in agreement, how are we going to fix this shiat?

Edited by stoopicus

So basically you're saying that your Ranged DPS class has defenses in strength much like one of the primary tanks in the game?

THANK YOU. That's the point we've been trying to make too.

Now that we are in agreement, how are we going to fix this shiat?

the point is that stuipd bursting to commandos doesn't work anymore like in 4.0 and previous versions in the game. You have to check if he has his shield up or not.

I would suggest to nerf sage. he can run easily run out have enough self healing and two different bubbles :D

I've seen more snipers and gunslingers of late than I have Mercs and Mandos.

People are coming to a realization that a well-played Sniper is way more potent than a well-played Mando. Mandos are glorified noobslayers, plus, the majority of them are hilariously bad and just as easy to kill as a bad sniper.

I'm playing a commando and a merc healer and they are both fine.

It's the gunnery commando and the arsenal merc which need to be nerfed (have both of them too).

It's no fun to fight against three or four of them.

I would hazard a guess that having 3-4 of anything tunneling you is no fun.

I play commando. Among other classes. They're perfectly fine. Stop ************, make a sniper/gunslinger. If anything's OP, it's them. With they idiotic AoE and insane utility. PvP is not about damage, it's about disabling the enemy. Commando has one disable on a very long cooldown, he's basically useless. I win maybe 10% of warzones on my commando and roughly 60-70% on my healing sage. Utility. Not damage. You can't outdamage a healer anyway.