Petition to nerf Merc/Commandos. please comment to support!

Paratusin

As I mentioned earlier I'm playing a merc and a commando healer and they are just fine, because a healer

needs to survive a little bit longer to keep the team alive.

Now it feels like I'm not needed anymore.

I got teams with four up to six mercs / commandos (arsenal / gunnery) and they were just healing up themselves all the time.

So I'm just waiting to get killed, because nobody gives me any support / protection (who needs a healer when he can do the job by himself).

Bioware needs to take away one healing skill from the arsenal merc / gunnery commando.

Additionally I'm playing a gunnery commando / arsenal merc and it's no fun drinking coffee and standing around, because you can't be killed.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh bull... learn your class and enemy class, mercs and snipers can be easily killed by someone with skill playing melee

"Easily"? I don't think so. Especially not snipers. Like beating on a damn wall. Starting to see snipers in matches with 400k+ healing. Snipers!

So I'm just waiting to get killed, because nobody gives me any support / protection (who needs a healer when he can do the job by himself).

Protection? Who needs a tank, when ranged dps have a higher survivability? :p

Edited by Mubrak

Protection? Who needs a tank, when ranged dps have a higher survivability? :p

What good are force users any more when you got Mercs/range users having all the offensive actions and all the defensive actions that a Force users cant go up against any more. If they have the gear a tad better then yours you most likely are dead. I had gear better then some mercs and took everything i had and a long battle but i barely beat'em out.

I and 2 or 3 others force users attacked one merc and i swear it took every once of power we had to destroy him and we lost 2 out us b4 we killed him. There is no way that should ever happen. We should of went thru him like paper thru a shredder.

So yes, there needs to be some nerfs done to that class and maybe another range class too.

Oh bull... learn your class and enemy class, mercs and snipers can be easily killed by someone with skill playing melee

That is just rubbish and deflects the fact that the dang classes aren't balanced! Merc's and sniper's are DPS classes and as such should be glass cannons THEY ARE NOT which breaks the very trinity the game is designed around. While it might be possible to beat a merc it is not however likely when every fricken match seems to have 5+ in them the simple fact is you can't play other professions so you hop on your I win merc/sniper and go to town and then try and justify it we people try and tell bioware to pull their collective heads outa their you know whats! Decide you want uber DPS or huge survive ability. Option A drastically reduce amount of heals/Defenses. Option B Reduce amount of DPS output you are no longer a pure DPS spec your a hybrid. Being a hybrid your DPS shouldn't come close to pure DPS spec's

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

That is just rubbish and deflects the fact that the dang classes aren't balanced! Merc's and sniper's are DPS classes and as such should be glass cannons THEY ARE NOT which breaks the very trinity the game is designed around. While it might be possible to beat a merc it is not however likely when every fricken match seems to have 5+ in them

Dont worry i have a very good suspicion that ranged classes will be the next set of class balancing fixes.

pts and ops minor upgrades mercs snipers minor nerfs sorcs minor upgrades on light and madness specs to balance out with melee. all ranged classes should be balanced none of them should be better then the other.

No matter what any of the mercs snipers say it will happen this is not call of duty . ranged classes are not supposed to have best of all 3 worlds dps heals and defenses they will be toned down. im 100 % posistive of this.

Oh and in before any of them attempt to troll what i said. i dont have l2p issues i play both merc and sniper as well and know how to counter them on any class however that still does not mean they are not over tunned and dont need to be fixed to be in line with the other ranged classes and melee performance.

That is just rubbish and deflects the fact that the dang classes aren't balanced! Merc's and sniper's are DPS classes and as such should be glass cannons THEY ARE NOT which breaks the very trinity the game is designed around. While it might be possible to beat a merc it is not however likely when every fricken match seems to have 5+ in them the simple fact is you can't play other professions so you hop on your I win merc/sniper and go to town and then try and justify it we people try and tell bioware to pull their collective heads outa their you know whats! Decide you want uber DPS or huge survive ability. Option A drastically reduce amount of heals/Defenses. Option B Reduce amount of DPS output you are no longer a pure DPS spec your a hybrid. Being a hybrid your DPS shouldn't come close to pure DPS spec's

In that trinity that you speak of ranged glass cannons are the bane of non stealth melee since they can see them coming and those melee classes have no real way to close that ranged distance. Stealth melee on the other hand are what is used to take out the ranged since they can sneak up on them and the ranged have no real way to escape. The other end of this is that stealth melee are susceptible to the non stealth melee since the non stealth tend to have better defenses.

For mercs/mandos to be true glass cannons the devs would have to remove, or severly limit, the gap closers of non stealth melee.

dont even start bro... i did a lot of research and yeah eventually I can win and outplay broken classes. but geared and smart players on a merc will **** on everything else. there is no arguing that mercenaries are not broken altogether with sorcerer healers, healing overall scaling too strong, and ranged vs meele

Ill tell you what I was told as a merc when everyone was a Sin or Sorc.

L2P your class before you complain about other classes.

Your rebuttal is utter rubbish and nothing I haven't heard before. :rolleyes:

Yes, Mercs/Commandos definitely needed a buff, but as typical of the class balance team they overtuned the buffs. They need to adjust the Merc AND Sniper DCDs to begin to try to make Consulars and Inquisitors viable again. The Electro Net City spam is freakin' ridiculous.

Edited by Talon_strikes

This crap is getting out of hand. I can't believe this has been allowed to go on as long as it has. Merc and Sniper both need immediate balance passes for a reduction in defensive capabilities. They are literally ruining pvp.

I'm all with you on that Vember. I've honestly just decided to reroll Merc and Sniper. I'm being a part of the problem but yolos and sometimes reg WZs are absolutely painful when the opposite team has way more Mercs and/or Snipers. I've rather have a fighting chance than get focused with Electro Net City spam.

Yesterday I was in a reg arena. My team had 3 Arsenal Mercs and a Jugg and the other team had a Sage healer, Sage DPS, Slinger, and I think a Gunnery Mando. You can guess how that went can't you? And lately while queuing as a Merc in yolos it's been nothing but Merc teams vs. Merc teams.

Edited by Talon_strikes

• 3 weeks later...

The players saying its not broke are the ones playing the Mercs. And there are a lot of them. They don't want it fixed because it will ruin their fun. Selfish as the dark side is, is these players who don't care that it ruins the fun of the game for others. And the devs don't seem to care that PVP is not fun for a large percentage of players, who just give up playing PVP.

BTW, PVP in general is not fun most of the time, because of the stupid CXP 3 lvl gear system because it often pits players with lesser gear against players with high gear. The only way PVP can be fun is if you have a fair chance to win. A casual player who is good but hasn't yet had the time to grind out the best gear will not have fun.

FACT = Imps win 80% of the time, and yet people say its not broke.

Again, I DO NOT PVP. So why should my mercenary pay for whats happening in PVP??? :mad::mad::mad: Why should my PVE merc be nerfed?? Usually people like when i'm the last standing, killing everything while they are kissing the floor..

again i do not PVE so why my sniper engineering was nerfed last year in 4.0 because of pve? (wasn't Op in pvp)

many other example so...it's bioware job to do thing right in both direction. and there are possibilities to do it well. don't blame players to show a big issue of balance in PvP content mate.

Edited by Thaladan