Petition to nerf Merc/Commandos. please comment to support!

Paratusin

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 5 years of Commando/Mercs asking to finally get a GCD that is actually effective and finally getting one, everyone else (Probably Sorcs/Sages/Sins/Shadows) are crying over it.

Just like any other spec, learn to use your own toon better and your escapes and drops.

I havn't PVP'd on my Command since 3.0, maybe I finally should :)

After 5 years of Commando/Mercs asking to finally get a GCD that is actually effective and finally getting one, everyone else (Probably Sorcs/Sages/Sins/Shadows) are crying over it.

Just like any other spec, learn to use your own toon better and your escapes and drops.

You didnt PVP since 3.0 and yet you think you know what you're talking about, what a joke.

mercs were fine in 4.0, fam

IO could've used some slight defense CD boosts but arsenal was A-ok in good hands

Not many Mercs and Mandos on my teams the last 2 days. Maybe one or two and they are performing badly now people know how to counter

The FOTM people are still around- PvP has just been really flat these last few days. Our mains are usually the ones that have the best gear and it's more masking the issue than them being suddenly balanced- the Mercs and Commandos left tend to know how to best use the abilities that have the issues... most of them anyway. There are still people who main them who can't play them out of a paper bag with their super utilities.

ye, nerf it pls

3 mercs on solo wz against you and u have no chances for a win.

We had 4 Sorcs vs 4 Mercs yesterday and we won. It started out as 3 Sorc vs 4 Merc match and at the end of the first round I had them running around chasing me for a full minute before they killed me. I nearly doubled the dps of the closest Merc that round.

Then we got our 4th Sorc for the next round and they were a healer.

1 healer each team and all the dps Sorcs were lightning. Once we got our fourth, we crushed them. My total dps for the 3 rounds was close to 9 mil.

Lightning Sorc is obviously OP 😂😂😂.. not

FYI, they were in a premade, lol, they need to go back to Merc school ;)

We had 4 Sorcs vs 4 Mercs yesterday and we won. It started out as 3 Sorc vs 4 Merc match and at the end of the first round I had them running around chasing me for a full minute before they killed me. I nearly doubled the dps of the closest Merc that round.

Then we got our 4th Sorc for the next round and they were a healer.

1 healer each team and all the dps Sorcs were lightning. Once we got our fourth, we crushed them. My total dps for the 3 rounds was close to 9 mil.

Lightning Sorc is obviously OP 😂😂😂.. not

FYI, they were in a premade, lol, they need to go back to Merc school ;)

not really surprised.

There are quite a lot of bad mercs around. If they'd have been smart about focus firing and their stuns/net, there wouldnt have been crap you could have done tough. They'd have melted you 1-2-3 :p.

But I see lightning sorcs that are harder to kill and do more damage than 80% of the currently active merc.

That said, on a reg arena 2 days ago, I was on my merc (and while its not my primary class, I figured easily enough how to use it right in pvp) and was joined by 3 other mercs, including 2 that were very good on my server, and the 3rd I didnt know (and can't recall how he did).

Regardless, it was pretty unfair for the other team :D (they tried focusing one, nop didnt work. They switched to me, nop didnt work. The round after, they came hard at me. Nop didnt work. Defensive and kiting their 2 melee, I didnt even have to use kolto overload.)

not really surprised.

There are quite a lot of bad mercs around. If they'd have been smart about focus firing and their stuns/net, there wouldnt have been crap you could have done tough. They'd have melted you 1-2-3 :p.

But I see lightning sorcs that are harder to kill and do more damage than 80% of the currently active merc.

That said, on a reg arena 2 days ago, I was on my merc (and while its not my primary class, I figured easily enough how to use it right in pvp) and was joined by 3 other mercs, including 2 that were very good on my server, and the 3rd I didnt know (and can't recall how he did).

Regardless, it was pretty unfair for the other team :D (they tried focusing one, nop didnt work. They switched to me, nop didnt work. The round after, they came hard at me. Nop didnt work. Defensive and kiting their 2 melee, I didnt even have to use kolto overload.)

I think different maps suit different classes. I think if it had been Corellia it would have been harder. But it was Rishi and we had heaps of LoS and we were able to seperate them all by blowing them off the top. Once we got that first dps down, they fell quickly, we kept their healer till third.

But if they tried to focus us, we were able to LoS faster than them and get back into combat. It's why it took them so long to get me that first round. I had them bamboozled with my kiting.

I also had a great team who knew how to target swap at the right time and when to stun, interrupt or slow.

I agree, just remove one of their defensive CD's or tone them down.

DMG is a product of them being left alone; when you're one of 5 mercs on a team there isn't enough CC to stop them all and people generally know they have 3 lives before they can be killed.

Every single other class is the preferred target vs mercs; that is why they are doing massive dmg. They only have to worry about being CC'ed and the smart ones take advantage of the fact they are ranged and don't stand in groups like a bunch of nudniks.

Now that the Merc FotM is dying down a bit I kind of miss it. One of the nice things about speccing Immortal has been Backhanding bad Mercs that think they can facetank you.

It's just satisfying.

Good Mercs are up there with good snipers though.

Edited by stoopicus

Now that the Merc FotM is dying down a bit I kind of miss it. One of the nice things about speccing Immortal has been Backhanding bad Mercs that think they can facetank you.

It's just satisfying.

Good Mercs are up there with good snipers though.

LoL, to the Merc facetanks :)

signed............Mercs have great ranged dps burst, great survivability and have electro net so if their DCDs are up they are almost invincible in a 1 on 1 fight.

Either tone down their survivability or take away their electro net.

Even at it's peak, Madness Sorc wasn't as OP as Merc is now, Sorc got nerfed into the dirt for nothing and Merc got made into gods, great balance.

signed............Mercs have great ranged dps burst, great survivability and have electro net so if their DCDs are up they are almost invincible in a 1 on 1 fight.

Either tone down their survivability or take away their electro net.

Even at it's peak, Madness Sorc wasn't as OP as Merc is now, Sorc got nerfed into the dirt for nothing and Merc got made into gods, great balance.

Its easy to tone them down by just taking one of their defensive cooldowns/utilities to Vanguard which would also fix problem for underperforming PT/VG.

Its easy to tone them down by just taking one of their defensive cooldowns/utilities to Vanguard which would also fix problem for underperforming PT/VG.

I've heard that many times before and that IS a good idea, they went from PT owning rear ends last year to getting their rear ends handed to them now. You don't even SEE many PTS/VGS anymore in PvP at all.

Whoever has the final say on class balance should be fired............immediately

I will start-off with 2 recent experiences.

I was playing an arena, both teams where trinity comp (2 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank) of nearly equal skill and gear. Our dps where carnage mara (me) and MM sniper and theirs was arsenal and dec sin. Our strategy was focus merc till he pops a DCD, then switch to dec sin, then back to the merc. The idea was to impede the merc dps. In both rounds the merc ended up being the lowest dps out of the 4 dps, and our team won. The DCDs did not make any difference, because the damage is still susceptible to interrupts easily, it was just a bait and switch. Both sniper and mara damage is not impeded by being focused.

The other experience was in VS, the enemy team had 5 merc. No matter how much damage you put you cannot kill anybody. Every time you focus a merc, he pops one of the gazilion DCDs. Our team lost.

You can see the issue, the DCDs make them too powerful in WZs, particularly in large groups and absence of quality healers on both teams. Which are similar conditions to yolo ranked. Group ranked, while you cannot differentiate between dps, healers and tanks, merc have the lowest ranks, only ahead of ops.

Something needs to change to help merc deal damage more consistently, while bringing down their survivability to more decent level considering they are a ranged dps. What BW did is baloney. Loading a class with DCDs does not solve its issues. It did not work before and it does not work now. It just creates a polarizing experience which ruins the game play quality for everyone.