Petition to nerf Merc/Commandos. please comment to support!

Paratusin

The only extra stun an op has cannot be used in combat and is only usable from stealth; and even then, 'sins have it too. (Crippling slice is not a stun - it's very nice, as is Sever Tendon with Utility, but both only immobilize.)

On the other hand, I have two combat stuns and a mez, two immobilizers with utility, a spammable AE slow that buffs my own speed, and my primary damage hits as hard or harder burstwise than an operative, is also AoE up to 8, and interrupts. Yet only a crazy person would claim Juggs are OP in PvP.

Ops are also super fragile - they need those self heals to survive.

Honestly IMO ops are one of the better balanced classes at the moment.

I love em, I'd never play one, but they are useful as all hell and I love having them on my team. Yeah, they might not be winning any DPS awards, but they bring so much utility to a group and are kinda like a jack of all trades in a way. [some healing, some stealth, CC kit that would choke a horse, stunning your opponent for you while you burst the hell out of them, etc]. They're one of my favored team members to have along.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 30% armor pen is only to backstab which has a 12s cooldown, and will crit for maybe 15-16k if you're lucky. I've been killed by 36k+ heatseekers from mercs

What about "Laceration"? It does not seem to have any cool down and it stuns you. It's instant and does about11K damage consistently. + Acid Blade gives you 30% armor penetration. It's almost an exploit... It can bring down a tank.

What about "Laceration"? It does not seem to have any cool down and it stuns you. It's instant and does about11K damage consistently. + Acid Blade gives you 30% armor penetration. It's almost an exploit... It can bring down a tank.

Laceration does not stun. It later gets a passive that stuns PvE mobs but not players in PvP.

Laceration requires and consumes a tactical advantage. You cannot spam it. Your skills that generate tactical advantage all are on CDs.

Honestly - if you are having this much trouble against ops with a merc, the issue isn't with the ops. The biggest issue with ops is that they are slippery little bastards that get away before you can kill them, not their damage.

Edited by stoopicus

I thought WOW was bad with the stuns. But this game is just ridiculous.

It's unfortunate that it is that way. It's just too much and it really only lessons the fun people have. It's constant, it's incessant and makes it so there is no fluidity in battle. I think most people of all classes would find it more enjoyable in the toned down the CC some.