Downtime - 12/5/2016

TaitWatson

jawa junk? Seriously? This is why on top of every other crap you done we are not even able to play now? Of all the issues this game has, of every bloody thing you have broken and messed up it was the jawa junk that you needed to fix right this moment? Your priorities are so far off we have to count it in light years bioware.

There was an exploit? Fix it tomorrow in a regular patch, and deal with offenders, don't bring the servers down over it - people are pissed off enough as it is.

thank you!

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really have to ask, but do you guys TEST this crap out? I mean its been nothing but exploits and loopholes ever since release. What is wrong to opening a Closed Test environment and inviting a select few to test these patches out before release? Bugs could have been squashed months ago instead of live.

Jawa junk? Seriously? THIS is why on top of every other crap you done we are not even able to play now? Of ALL the issues this game has, of EVERY bloody thing you have broken and messed up it was the JAWA JUNK that you NEEDED to fix RIGHT THIS MOMENT? Your priorities are so far off we have to count it in light years Bioware.

There was an exploit? Fix it TOMORROW in a regular patch, and deal with offenders, don't bring the servers down over it - people are pissed off enough as it is.

Dude relax, this needed to be fixed ASAP! it's less than an hour, go outside for a minute or walk your neglected dog... smh lmao

I don't take advantage of exploits, but It's unethical to punish people for your mistakes.

No it's not. If you leave your door unlocked it's still not okay to come into your room and take your money and if someone did that you'd want those people punished wouldn't you?

Yeah but the people who exploited the first bug didn't get any punishment.

Honestly it was hard to tell if it was a bug or intended. I actually clicked half a dozen of times on the planetary thing thinking that it was a bonus for the first run, kinda like the 1st Command lvl only requires 1 CXP so it's virtually a free Command Crate.

If you clicked the thing 50 times obviously you should get a clue that something is off but if you only clicked a few times it was not that obvious. On the other hand typing a stack of 9999 when you only had 16 items should tell you right away that you are doing something wrong.

Edited by demotivator

I think he was just mad he didn't get to do the exploit before it was fixed...

Actually I'm mad I didn't get to do the exploit before it was fixed. Might as well have some fun before my remaining sub time runs out. (just kidding, I think.)

I saw that thread, and there has been an exploit regarding Command Xp already, haven't heard of any punishments being handed out.

Essentially they had to go that way with the previous/current planetary quest "exploit"/bug simply because it is unavoidable - this is why they simply turned it off.

You click the planetary quest selection and it gives you a random planet quest ... and for some of them they are already completed quests - its a broken system in the game, not a method to bork the system in the game. Significant difference between these two.

It's been explained before your post what the exploit was about. People could get up to 99990 CSP from a stack of 16 Jawa Junk items. It's not about the mats, it's the CXP that most probably bothered Bioware.

No idea why people are talking about a thing called "Master Ranos alert". There is no "alert", if you are referring to a mission. Master Ranos is your reward for DvL, and you click on the item you received. That's all, no quest.

If your character does/did KOTFE, you can get her through an Alliance Alert, talk to her, and ask her questions some players may find important.

The funny thing about this thread is quite a few of you think BW give a rats *** about what you think.

I think almost everyone that posts knows this, however better to vent frustration in a forum than to do

in real life

Honestly it was hard to tell if it was a bug or intended. I actually clicked half a dozen of times on the planetary thing thinking that it was a bonus for the first run, kinda like the 1st Command lvl only requires 1 CXP so it's virtually a free command crate.

If you clicked the thing 50 times obviously you should get a clue that something is off but if you only clicked a few times it was not that obvious. On the other hand typing a stack of 9999 when you only had 16 items should tell you right away that you are doing something wrong.

hard to tell if it's a bug? let's see...wow! i can key in more scrap than i actually have! woot woot! wait a second...how can you possibly disintegrate more of something than you have in your inventory?? obviously it was a bug.....

Honestly it was hard to tell if it was a bug or intended. I actually clicked half a dozen of times on the planetary thing thinking that it was a bonus for the first run, kinda like the 1st Command lvl only requires 1 CXP so it's virtually a free command crate.

I had the same as you, thought it was 1 free quest for every planet, then when I kept clicking it and it just kept popping up I was like, :rak_03:

I didn't do it anymore because I was scared that there would be a punishment, boy was I wrong!

hard to tell if it's a bug? let's see...wow! i can key in more scrap than i actually have! woot woot! wait a second...how can you possibly disintegrate more of something than you have in your inventory?? obviously it was a bug.....

Dude, he was talking about the planetary quest bug, not the disintegrate exploit.

Dude relax, this needed to be fixed ASAP! it's less than an hour, go outside for a minute or walk your neglected dog... smh lmao

Why exactly? The punishment as stated is a reset of command rank and removal of all rewards with a possible ban. A post that says "don't do it people" is more than enough to keep honest players out of trouble, the non honest ones are not going do do any damage in 12 hours or so until the proper maintenance and they will be out after.

This is not a first MMO that has an exploit in it, neither it is the last and dealing with the exploits without hysterically pulling down the servers every day is something management has to learn how to do.

What's the point of the game you can't even play because it's DOWN all the time? Waiting on Bioware is not why I'm paying for sub.

As there seems to be some confusion, let me clarify.

The bug was exploitable by entering a higher number in the Disintegration pop up than you had available in your stack of items. e.g. You had 10 Jawa Junk available, and entered 1000 in the pop up.

If you simply Disintegrated the whole stack you had without using a high number than you had available, you did not encounter the bug, and therefore did not exploit.

Sorry for any confusion!

Well, the good news is that this exploit is not like the chair or deco exploits. This one should be easily tracked and contained:)

After the damage the previous ones did the games economy it's nice this one was stopped in it's tracks (even if they learned 240 purple schematics, they won't have had time to craft that many 240 items before they got caught).

Essentially they had to go that way with the previous/current planetary quest "exploit"/bug simply because it is unavoidable - this is why they simply turned it off.

You click the planetary quest selection and it gives you a random planet quest ... and for some of them they are already completed quests - its a broken system in the game, not a method to bork the system in the game. Significant difference between these two.

they should still have their cxp and gear removed if they over-used it... after a certain point you know thats not they way the game was intended to press a button and get free cxp over and over. :rolleyes:

BRAVO BIOWARE.... BRAAAAAAVOOOOO. You nerfed GCXP from gold mobs becouse was an exploit that allowed some players reach GC level 100 in one day and results it was comming from a massive desintegration of scraps IN ONE BUG YOU CREATED.... BRAVOOOOOO BRAVOOOOOOOO . Simply ridiculous.

they should still have their cxp and gear removed if they over-used it... after a certain point you know thats not they way the game was intended to press a button and get free cxp over and over. :rolleyes:

Its not over and over again... its the odd one or two from your available list of planetary quests. Its not ad infinitum, its maybe 2 or 3 per day, not even a level. And the ambiguous point is that yo have to have done those heroics/dailies in that week to get it, so its looks/appears like it could be a feature, as others have said. It isn't something for nothing, its more for the same. Currently.

Edited by leehambly

How on earth could you possibly know that? lol obvious answer is you don't.....so this was quite helpful.....

Ummm.... you do know that the ONLY people who can exploit the CXP system ARE subscribers right??? I mean the GC system is ONLY for subs soooooo I think that his hypothesis is actually correct and his assumption may hold merit

No idea why people are talking about a thing called "Master Ranos alert". There is no "alert", if you are referring to a mission. Master Ranos is your reward for DvL, and you click on the item you received. That's all, no quest.

Yes there IS an alert. If you use the item they gave you in the mail then you don't get the alert. There should be an Alliance Alert flashing when you log in to a character that meets the requirements.

Why exactly? The punishment as stated is a reset of command rank and removal of all rewards with a possible ban. A post that says "don't do it people" is more than enough to keep honest players out of trouble, the non honest ones are not going do do any damage in 12 hours or so until the proper maintenance and they will be out after.

This is not a first MMO that has an exploit in it, neither it is the last and dealing with the exploits without hysterically pulling down the servers every day is something management has to learn how to do.

What's the point of the game you can't even play because it's DOWN all the time? Waiting on Bioware is not why I'm paying for sub.

Use your head, the quicker they get it removed the less work (clean-up) they have to do.. many people would try the exploit to see if they could get away with it without being caught.. or just doing it cause their sub is going to end and they don't intend to play longer.. Best to go ahead and remove it from the game asap before more people get punished, not everyone reads the forums. 60 mins is nothing, find something else to do.. your time isn't that valuable or you'd be doing something else with it.