Downtime - 12/5/2016

TaitWatson

Sometime that's more convenient for you perhaps? screw everyone else? LOL

There is no good time to do any maintenance.....

Just leave me alone XD I`ve been at least 6 hours studyng physics and I needed to criticise something. (think i spelled criticise wrongly)

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jawa junk? Seriously? THIS is why on top of every other crap you done we are not even able to play now? Of ALL the issues this game has, of EVERY bloody thing you have broken and messed up it was the JAWA JUNK that you NEEDED to fix RIGHT THIS MOMENT? Your priorities are so far off we have to count it in light years Bioware.

There was an exploit? Fix it TOMORROW in a regular patch, and deal with offenders, don't bring the servers down over it - people are pissed off enough as it is.

Why would some people whine and feel butthurt because of developers taking extra efforts to stop exploits ASAP?

Sometimes SWTOR community feels so toxic!

Especially when you compare with other MMOs.

I wonder if BioWare figured out the reason for this.

Edited by EvgenijM

BRAVO BIOWARE.... BRAAAAAAVOOOOO. You nerfed GCXP from gold mobs becouse was an exploit that allowed some players reach GC level 100 in one day and results it was comming from a massive desintegration of scraps IN ONE BUG YOU CREATED.... BRAVOOOOOO BRAVOOOOOOOO . Simply ridiculous.

You do realize that was because people were farming those mobs, which was a legitimate way of playing the game and shouldn't have been nerfed.

I will say that good job with fixing this exploit. It wasn't widely known and was corrected before it became a major issue.

~ Eudoxia

No idea why people are talking about a thing called "Master Ranos alert". There is no "alert", if you are referring to a mission. Master Ranos is your reward for DvL, and you click on the item you received. That's all, no quest.

Actually there is an alert and you get a nice conversation about the state of the order and can ask about missing force wielding companions. I'd be upset if I didn't get this alert.

Ummm.... you do know that the ONLY people who can exploit the CXP system ARE subscribers right??? I mean the GC system is ONLY for subs soooooo I think that his hypothesis is actually correct and his assumption may hold merit

Thats not what he meant genius, he meant that you have no way of knowing if they are bleeding subscribers or not...

As there seems to be some confusion, let me clarify.

The bug was exploitable by entering a higher number in the Disintegration pop up than you had available in your stack of items. e.g. You had 10 Jawa Junk available, and entered 1000 in the pop up.

If you simply Disintegrated the whole stack you had without using a high number than you had available, you did not encounter the bug, and therefore did not exploit.

Sorry for any confusion!

The funny thing is that whoever did this probably didn't get anything good and just disintegrated whatever gear they did get and accomplished nothing by doing the exploit.

Why would some people whine and feel butthurt because of developers taking extra efforts to stop exploits ASAP?

Because they don't seem to put the same effort into fixing bugs that lessen the player experience.

Taking the servers down with no notice to hotfix an exploit, when they claim, at least, that they're going to just remove the credit for everyone who exploited anyway (thus making it immaterial how long they continue to exploit) is the sort of thing one might expect, but taking the servers to fix any of the game's numerous bugs? Ain't happening.

Just leave me alone XD I`ve been at least 6 hours studyng physics and I needed to criticise something. (think i spelled criticise wrongly)

point taken :D i just got off work and was looking to chill with a little game time....*sigh*....

Sometimes SWTOR community feels so toxic!

Especially when you compare with other MMOs.

I wonder if BioWare figured out the reason for this.

Yeah, well... after a while, you get used to the toxic. And if you think this place is bad, try posting ANYTHING remotely positive on the SWTOR Subreddit.

You do realize that was because people were farming those mobs, which was a legitimate way of playing the game and shouldn't have been nerfed.

I will say that good job with fixing this exploit. It wasn't widely known and was corrected before it became a major issue.

~ Eudoxia

yes. it is. They nerfed it, but the problem wasn´t there. Now we know where was the exploit, They were wrong, They created the problem, not farming players.

Use your head, the quicker they get it removed the less work (clean-up) they have to do.. many people would try the exploit to see if they could get away with it without being caught.. or just doing it cause their sub is going to end and they don't intend to play longer.. Best to go ahead and remove it from the game asap before more people get punished, not everyone reads the forums. 60 mins is nothing, find something else to do.. your time isn't that valuable or you'd be doing something else with it.

BioWare is Damned if they do, and damned if they don't.

Use your head, the quicker they get it removed the less work (clean-up) they have to do.. many people would try the exploit to see if they could get away with it without being caught.. or just doing it cause their sub is going to end and they don't intend to play longer.. Best to go ahead and remove it from the game asap before more people get punished, not everyone reads the forums. 60 mins is nothing, find something else to do.. your time isn't that valuable or you'd be doing something else with it.

1st Never assume the value of other peoples time. The fact that yours is cheap (since you don't appear to value it) does not man other people are the same. I'm here because as every human being I need stress relief once in a while, and I like to get my by playing games. Aside from that you know nothing about me, so try not to get personal.

2nd This game is FULL of holes - if you think that this exploit is the only one, the last one or that they EVER going to fix all of them you are naive. Every game out there has issues and this one has issuesx10 for every exploit they find there are 10 people are not bragging about. Dealing with them quietly and on the go is what Bioware needs to learn.

Hey everyone,

Apologies for the last minute notice, but we will be bringing the servers down at 1:45 PST (2145 GMT) for a brief update. I will post as soon as the servers are available, but we don't expect the downtime to last more than an hour.

-Tait

So Now that it has been two hours when are you bringing the servers back up?