Commendation Changes in 4.0

EricMusco

Well, they said only the NAME is changing, so to me, that means that if you have 400 ultimates, they remain 400 but get changed to X crystals. Same with basics and Elites. If you have 1000 basics, you keep 1000 but they're named y crystals now.

Though I do think Eric should let people know since all they see is 'comms are changing' and not 'the names of comms are changing'.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, they said only the NAME is changing, so to me, that means that if you have 400 ultimates, they remain 400 but get changed to X crystals.

They could easily clear this up with a little more information, do we get to keep what we have yes/no?

Edited by Icestar

Good job on changing something irrelevant. Now, please answer the question that you know people care about. Will the comms be reset?

Did you actually READ what Eric wrote?

Simply put, only the names of some existing Commendations are changing. There are no conversion rates or anything this time around.

Again, there are no conversion rates pre/post Fallen Empire. Thanks!

-eric

NO CONVERSION...pre or post...NONE. Resetting them to 0, would be a conversion to nothing, wouldn't you agree?

NO CONVERSION...pre or post...NONE. Resetting them to 0, would be a conversion to nothing, wouldn't you agree?

The thing with information is that if something is unclear there will be more questions.

A simple yes or no would be very satisfying for me atleast.

Edited by Icestar

Its probably renamed... So we have zero to start with...

Im guessing the game still dispenses basic coms. But now- no one will have a head start on gear when the expansion arrives

Simply put, only the names of some existing Commendations are changing. There are no conversion rates or anything this time around.

-eric

Only the names are changing...they're not wiping anything. We're not starting with zero because that wouldn't be a "name change", that would be a "new reward"...they're JUST changing the name...I honestly don't see how Eric could have made it ANY clearer for you folk.

Only the names are changing...they're not wiping anything. We're not starting with zero because that wouldn't be a "name change", that would be a "new reward"...they're JUST changing the name...I honestly don't see how Eric could have made it ANY clearer for you folk.

To me it does not feel that clear as it does to you. They have whiped comms in the past and simply saying that they change names is not a answer to the question if we get to keep what we have.

If you are right then everything is good :tran_smile:

Edited by Icestar

To me it does not feel that clear as it does to you. They have whiped comms in the past and simply saying that they change names is not a answer to the question if we get to keep what we have.

If you are right then everything is good :tran_smile:

If they were wiping everything they would have said so. If they were wiping everything they wouldn't have said "I wanted to let you know about what changes are coming to Commendations in Fallen Empire, this way you can plan accordingly", because there would be nothing to plan. If they were wiping everything they wouldn't have said "There are no conversion rates or anything this time around" and then to emphasize say it again at the end, "Again, there are no conversion rates pre/post Fallen Empire".

Even when something's spelled out people ask them to spell it out.

If they were wiping everything they would have said so. If they were wiping everything they wouldn't have said "I wanted to let you know about what changes are coming to Commendations in Fallen Empire, this way you can plan accordingly", because there would be nothing to plan. If they were wiping everything they wouldn't have said "There are no conversion rates or anything this time around" and then to emphasize say it again at the end, "Again, there are no conversion rates pre/post Fallen Empire".

Even when something's spelled out people ask them to spell it out.

BUT WHAT DOES IT MEAN???? WHAT DOES HE MEAN??? Surely there's a hidden message in there somewhere!!!! WE NEED TO FIND OUT WHAT HE REALLY MEANS!!!!

How exactly does this help us plan?

Because people may want to spend elite or ultimate comms before they are converted to basic or the new crystal names they are giving them.

As to the point of what the Eric said. I read it as they are just renaming them to a different name, whatever amounts you have now stay that way when the new expac comes out, nothing more then a rename.

Again, I want to ask....

I understand that aesthetic changes essentially mean nothing...but will the comms (I know that now they're not called commendations anymore so that negates that abbreviation) get new pictures?

"Data Crystals?" My honest opinion: a stupid name. What is this, Babylon 5?

Basic, Elite, and Ultimate implies by even looking at them some kind of end game progression, I.E., you get Ultimates for doing something more difficult....the changes you are proposing have the same ascendant structure I suppose.....but good god why change that?????

Data Crystals????? I consider this lame, possibly juvenile, and completely irrelevant. To sum it up: only the name is changed --- this I understand and can adapt to, yes --- but it's worthless......"Data Crystals?"

You're going to call them now.....DATA CRYSTALS???? From an aesthetic level.......ewwww.

Again, I want to ask....

I understand that aesthetic changes essentially mean nothing...but will the comms (I know that now they're not called commendations anymore so that negates that abbreviation) get new pictures?

"Data Crystals?" My honest opinion: a stupid name. What is this, Babylon 5?

Basic, Elite, and Ultimate implies by even looking at them some kind of end game progression, I.E., you get Ultimates for doing something more difficult....the changes you are proposing have the same ascendant structure I suppose.....but good god why change that?????

Data Crystals????? I consider this lame, possibly juvenile, and completely irrelevant. To sum it up: only the name is changed --- this I understand and can adapt to, yes --- but it's worthless......"Data Crystals?"

You're going to call them now.....DATA CRYSTALS???? From an aesthetic level.......ewwww.

I like the name change, I've always felt the name "commendations" a bit outdated and old. I prefer the new name, seems more sci-fi like how star wars is. So I welcome the change.

In order to abbreviate the name changes, you would have to say DC, as in, Data Crystals...

but there are already DCs in the game....DataCrons (datacrons) so for the vernacular that is already used, it even complicates that to a certain degree!

Data Crystals???? Ewwwww..............:mad::rak_01::mad:

Of course we already have materials called nova crystals in the game.

Well that could always be altered as well. Seeing as they're doing a crafting system overhaul, or not. Who knows. Not enough blogs™. Need more blogs™. Must have blogs™.

It's quite funny how people read into the post and don't see that all they're doing is changing the name of the commendations to crystals. How we get to spend those crystals (if at all) is something else entirely.

I'm sure they'll give us a blog™ or some such, Soon™.

It's quite funny how people read into the post and don't see that all they're doing is changing the name of the commendations to crystals. How we get to spend those crystals (if at all) is something else entirely.

That is a valid question. Will prices change for endgame gear? I doubt it; any changes wrought so far haven't really done that.

Well that could always be altered as well. Seeing as they're doing a crafting system overhaul, or not. Who knows. Not enough blogs™. Need more blogs™. Must have blogs™.

I'm sure they'll give us a blog™ or some such, Soon™.

Well we don't know if that's all they're changing. So far it looks like a name change, but without an explanation why. Is it simply because it sounds better? Or is there something else behind this change as well? I don't know.

Personally I'm not so worried that we don't get to know everything before it comes out. I find it actually kinda fun to go in that new expansion not knowing what to expect, but you can't help but pick up some tidbits of news left and right I guess.

Or is there something else behind this change as well? I don't know.

A few players here are very certain that it is only a name change, some others like me are a bit uncertain what the post actually means.

For now I will believe that it is only a name change and that we get to keep everything and buy us some nice gear instantly at level 65 in the expansion with maxed out Radiant Data Crystals. I will however not be surprised that they realise that commendation grind is a timesink and by not removing comms players will gear up much faster then previous expansions.

Edited by Icestar