Commendation Changes in 4.0

EricMusco

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the information.

I appreciate it when you share details like this with us, and I ask that you continue to get us as much information about all of the changes and/or new systems that we have to look forward to when 4.0 launches as soon as possible (meaning in the next couple of days, and not "soon™" as in at the last possible minute).

This makes me assume that we will keep getting those.

I just noticed how the Heroic missions will grant data crystals. So, Bioware:

Will, class missions grant 12 basic or 12 glowing data crystals? Further, will equipment vendors @ fleet sell their gear / AMEs for basic or for glowing crystals? This is IMPORTANT!

Not even close to a valid question.

Technically if you want to be that way, no post you ever make is valid either since you're literally only around to troll. The standard "respond to someone's point + example post by ignoring the example and opposing the point without providing any information to force the person to do the talking" tactic just never gets old for you, branmakmuffin, does it. :rolleyes: Common tactic is common -- move along now.

Will, class missions grant 12 basic or 12 glowing data crystals? Further, will equipment vendors @ fleet sell their gear / AMEs for basic or for glowing crystals? This is IMPORTANT!

No, it is not important. It may be important for you to know that this is important, but truly this 'issue' isn't an issue at all. The currency name and the currency icon have absolutely no mechanical effect at all. Every currency, every ability, every mob has an ID. The name is just there for user friendliness.

For example, if I quoted your post by saying your name was something like this:

just because I'm calling your account some arbitrary technical name does not mean the "View Post" arrow will link anywhere other than the quoted post. A currency's name ingame is like an quoted post's poster account name -- visual and nothing else.

If the game needs to reference a currency, it's going to do so by its ID, not by its visual name. Visual names are assigned to IDs, not the other way around.

This is literally how it works in pretty much any company-made game. Indie games may be more likely to make poor coding decisions (like referencing a currency/item/ability by name rather than creating IDs) as they aren't held to as high of a standard and, in a decent number of cases, are made to practice/learn/develop game design concepts.

Edited by idnewton

No, it is not important. The currency name and the currency icon have absolutely no mechanical effect at all. Every currency, every ability, every mob has an ID. The name is just there for user friendliness.

For example, if I quoted your post by saying your name was something like this: just because I'm calling your account some arbitrary technical name does not mean the "View Post" arrow will link anywhere other than the quoted post. A currency's name ingame is like an quoted post's poster account name -- visual and nothing else.

If the game needs to reference a currency, it's going to do so by its ID, not by its visual name. Visual names are assigned to IDs, not the other way around.

This is literally how it works in pretty much any company-made game. Indie games may be more likely to make poor coding decisions (like referencing a currency/item/ability by name rather than creating IDs) as they aren't held to as high of a standard and, in a decent number of cases, are made to practice/learn/develop game design concepts.

Because it is not. I am obviously refering the datamine, something that Bioware should've at least mentioned by now. Unless you know what I am speaking(BW does I assure you) about, you'll have difficulty understanding me. ;)

I can't really understand why the need for the change, unless as someone said its to fit more with the KoTFE story with the republic and Empire being in shambles and maybe the currency/ecomomics completly changed but I am not sure it fits pre expansion. Maybe they could have had a comms converter on the fleet and kept basic/ultimate/elite comms for the vanilia game.

Unless they increase the mod and gear prices, do we still need 12 "comms" for completing class missions? I though the idea behind it was to compensate for the comms you did not get by missing out all other missions other than class quests.

I had assumed that this would have ended with the 12x xp, though if heroics can grant 5x crystals then maybe the vendor prices will be increasing too.

Well don't, unless you like getting banned from the forums :confused: How many times have they said not to talk about that?

I don't care. They should be more proactive if they want to actually accomplish anything. Trust me, once you read it...don't get scared now ;) .

Because it is not.

Because what is not?

Unless you know what I am speaking(BW does I assure you) about, you'll have difficulty understanding me. ;)
Um, no, it's because you're not literate.

It's sad that I spent that time to make such a post for you to completely ignore it and respond with some random BS. Let me make it super simple. Let's say the US decided to rename the dollar bill to the blahblah. Here you are stressing out because you need to go to the store and buy milk, but you don't know whether the store will take dollar bills or blahblahs. IT'S THE SAME EXACT CURRENCY! And you already know that, in SWTOR's case, the name will be changed across the board for sure. So literally, you are stressing about a hypothetical non-existent situation which would have an obvious solution even if it existed. What about this is so hard to understand? :confused:

I can't really understand why the need for the change, unless as someone said its to fit more with the KoTFE story with the republic and Empire being in shambles and maybe the currency/ecomomics completly changed but I am not sure it fits pre expansion. Maybe they could have had a comms converter on the fleet and kept basic/ultimate/elite comms for the vanilia game.

Unless they increase the mod and gear prices, do we still need 12 "comms" for completing class missions? I though the idea behind it was to compensate for the comms you did not get by missing out all other missions other than class quests.

I had assumed that this would have ended with the 12x xp, though if heroics can grant 5x crystals then maybe the vendor prices will be increasing too.

Yeah this uncertainty is what's getting to me tbh. I am afraid see.

Because what is not? Um, no, it's because you're not literate.

It's sad that I spent that time to make such a post for you to completely ignore it and respond with some random BS. Let me make it super simple. Let's say the US decided to rename the dollar bill to the blahblah. Here you are stressing out because you need to go to the store and buy milk, but you don't know whether the store will take dollar bills or blahblahs. IT'S THE SAME EXACT CURRENCY! And you already know that, in SWTOR's case, the name will be changed across the board for sure. So literally, you are stressing about a hypothetical non-existent situation which would have an obvious solution even if it existed. What about this is so hard to understand? :confused:

Thank you for insulting me. Yet it is I who has the knowledge and that has an intel on what could happen. Trust me, it could turn sour really quickly. Nomenclature aside.

and kept basic/ultimate/elite comms for the vanilia game.

The vanilla game had tionese crystals and champion commendations. We're a long way away from that, cowboy.

Trust me, once you read it...don't get scared now ;) .
Yeah, I agree with myself:
you're not literate.

OK, let me see if I can make this even more straightforward than before:

The Devs made a single post in this thread, the original post, post #1. Ignore everything in this post, unsubscribe from this thread, and forget about the topic -- this information has absolutely no bearing on the way you play SWTOR at all. You're welcome. :rolleyes:

Thank you for insulting me. Yet it is I who has the knowledge and that has an intel on what could happen. Trust me, it could turn sour really quickly. Nomenclature aside.

In other words:

"I have information. It is specifically irrelevant to the topic. Now bow before me."

I don't praise people for disrupting the conversation, no, sorry. "Nomenclature aside" is possibly the worst thing you could've said -- the entire premise of BW's post is nomenclature. If you're not posting about it, then you're not on topic, and you shouldn't be posting here.

Edited by idnewton

In other words:

"I have information. It is specifically irrelevant to the topic. Now bow before me."

I don't praise people for disrupting the conversation, no, sorry. "Nomenclature aside" is possibly the worst thing you could've said -- the entire premise of BW's post is nomenclature. If you're not posting about it, then you're not on topic, and you shouldn't be posting here.

You win.

Have a nice day.

FWIW, I'd be alright with "good commendations", "better commendations", and "best commendations", keeps things future-proof and unambiguous unless you need to introduce "bestest" for some reason. :p

In keeping with the whole "streamlining and making things more accessible" mantra of 4.0, I think "good", "goodder", and "goodest" would be more appropriate. They can reserve "gooderester" and "gooderestest" for the next expansion.

Ofc, I'd be [pleasantly] amused by "superlative", "more superlative", and "most superlative" comms.

The best (and most lore appropriate) would be if they truly used the names as flavor text and made the Pub comms good/gooder/goodest and made the imp comms the superlative ones.

Technically if you want to be that way, no post you ever make is valid either since you're literally only around to troll.

The question is based on "BWEA hates us, they do whatever they can to mess us up" foil hat thinking. How anyone could ever think "There will be no conversation rate" could mean "We are going top zero out all commendation totals" is beyond bizarre.