Commendation Changes in 4.0

EricMusco

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, don't get what's so "great" or "sweet" in this change of the names...

I think the "Great" or "Sweet" part is we don't lose all our comm's or they get downgraded/converted.

Which raised the question... will comms gear be available even? If so will they cost some "new" comm's or crystals?

The RENAME.. yea that seemed kind of a wasted investment in resources, but they have to make it appear like something happened I guess. :rolleyes:

why change the names of the commendation?

in my opinion it is simple enough to understand these how they are now (Basic, Elite and Ultimate) and by using Radiant Data Crystals, Glowing Data Crystals and Common Data Crystals its just making it pointless more complicated.

:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

No conversions is a win for me, very happy with this announcement :D

Re: the name changes, doesn't really effect me in any serious fashion so all good. As someone mentioned it does free up the possiblilty of another tier above "ultimate" which would have been nonsensical without a name change.

What? You're not geeked over earning Ultimate-Plus and Ultimate-Super-Plus Comms in the future? Ultimate-Special-Uber-Magic Comms? Hyper-Ultimate Comms?

Seriously, if the change is to create more "room" for naming future Comms, it make sense.

I can see why they'd wan't to do it, bout as bland as it gets name wise, you can tell it was a rushjob in one of the old redesigns of concepts.

Not really bothered, don't think you could fix a single bug with the resources it takes to ctrl+f & replace all in the relevant documents =P

why change the names of the commendation?

in my opinion it is simple enough to understand these how they are now (Basic, Elite and Ultimate) and by using Radiant Data Crystals, Glowing Data Crystals and Common Data Crystals its just making it pointless more complicated.

It makes sense for the KotFE setting.

"data crystals" are always useful, even if you just overwrite them with new data.

"commendations" loose all their value once those that gave them to you are no longer in power.

It makes sense for the KotFE setting.

"data crystals" are always useful, even if you just overwrite them with new data.

"commendations" loose all their value once those that gave them to you are no longer in power.

Never have I so wanted the date to be April 1st. I would laugh myself silly if Eric announced that, because the Empire and Republic have fallen in KOTFE, all Comms earned under those entities are now devalued and can only be used as slot machine tokens.:D Just imagine so many heads exploding at once.

Probably a naming convention thing. -After all, there was nothing after Ultimate - when you've gone up a level cap, and can get ultimate comms for cap-minus-five content, you start to look a bit silly.

Reminds me of "Ultima Thule - Beyond which nothing." for those that get the reference.

But it also re-opens the way for more comms at greater levels - Sparkly, incandescent, glowy, slightly-dim, and my all time fave: "Shiny!"

Could've fixed some stuff - Still getting explosives in the mail at end of Operative story for instance. :eek:

TL;DR: Wasn't broke, didn't need fixing.

I love the number of people in this thread that think fixing bugs and naming things is done by the same people.

The dev population could probably fir into one large cubicle in the washroom. - While wondering what the smell is, coming from the stalls along the line. - where the PvP team went, the GSF team went, the bug-fix team went.... some years ago, never to be seen again, still waiting for the cleaner to open the door and spin a mop around their mummified flesh and bleached bones! :)

Edited by Storm-Cutter

i dont like it. you change an obvious system to something strange... how should new player understand the different lvl between this new stuff?

and well, "no conversion". do you just delete all existing commendations?

it's pretty simple new players will see gear ask how they get that type of data crystal. fleet will give a ton of smart *** useless remarks that they think are funny, and some one will actually answer the question. then they'll go do that content

I am pretty neutral about this announcement. Although I don't really know what a "data crystal" is. Judging by some replies here, this seems to be an actual thing. I'm puzzled, albeit not enough to investigate further. ;)

What I am really, is waiting for the promised blog about streamlined leveling.