PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

They're trying to keep this bug hushed up. Which is stupid because the evidence is all over twitch.tv.

The info is out already.

Just went to twitch.tv myself. Tons of live streams of people level 19+ already, with some level 25+ I saw.

Yep.

First day of early access...people are halfway (and more) to 50. There will be 50's in two days AT MOST at this rate.

Sorry for the folks who don't get to play today (me included). We'll get screwed 'cause it'll get patched tomorrow before the next round of emails go out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was reported

and its not a bug

its a design flaw

they left it in because they assumed no one would quit intentionally to make the matches shorter

they needed to understand the problem and design around it by:

1. make it so you cannot reque instantly if you are a quitter

and

2. limiting the number of pvp matches you can get xp from per hour(or per day) so that pvp matches which were meant to last 30 minutes are not ending in 2 allowing you to do 20 an hour instead of 2 (or if you did 20 you get no more xp than the 2, so you were playing for fun not profit)

Right, so a known design flaw makes it out of beta? Both those points are no brainers and don't exactly bode well. I'll be interested to see how repercussions are handed out haha.

They should probably be able to look up the highest levels, see how much XP they got from PVP, substract 90% of it (if it excessive), and thus return them back to lvl 11.

I hope they are actually gonna do sth instead of just saying they are.

That would piss off massive amounts of people who did nothing wrong and would be a major mistake on their part.

Yes, that would be a catastrophe. They won't.

I certainly hope they have the technology to analyze people's levels, determine where the bulk of their EXP came from, and simply remove it - deleveling them in the process.

Over the next few days, someone who is level 42, with 99.98% of his EXP gained in PvP Warfronts is probably an exploiter. Alternatively, just remove all EXP gained in a Warfront from all players who participated for the next day or two. That one isn't too bad

Edited by McVade

there is a way

if the same people quit multiple times and the same people are "staying" to get the xp from the win repeatedly, than a pattern emerges

there are guilds with enough members to coordinate round robin quitting sessions to power level just a handful of people

The only reason I play this game is for battlegrounds. So I am going to sit a re queue for the next 12 hours. You cannot punish someone because all they want to do is play one aspect of the game. They should do a rollback of some sort.

I pray to god they deal with this...

Not trying to sound like some no life loser here..

But come on, not even a full day and there are level 30+'s just doing PvP over and over for mass xp?

I watched a live stream of some guy doing it, it's absolutely insane..

I really hope they reset them, or at the least reduce their level... Just.. SOMETHING..

sigh.

there is a way

if the same people quit multiple times and the same people are "staying" to get the xp from the win repeatedly, than a pattern emerges

there are guilds with enough members to coordinate round robin quitting sessions to power level just a handful of people

Exactly. PvP guilds can be a really serious and coordinated bunch. Devs have access to the game chat logs and all the exploiters perpetuating this will be rolled back or banned. Probably just have their characters rolled back.

there is a way

In order for that to work.. those guilds would have to have the majority of the population on a given server and coordinate queue times (if that's even how the system works).

The reality is this is the side effect to Staggered Entry + No Cross Server Warzones.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Thank god...

What if someone just really wanted to PvP so they kept joining the queues over and over...

As much as you would like to pvp and you queue and queue but notice that something is not right here, you should have enough sense to know that this is not how it was intended to work and therefor you are taking advantage of an exploit and you should stop queueing...

YES BW sees this as an exploit (they have confirmed this) so no matter how people try to twist and turn this, at the end it is an explot

Just letting you know. This thread, just like all the others regarding this, will be deleted by the mods. For some reason even mentioning this gets a deletion :(

Not any more it won't. They are aware of the issue and pointing people to this thread to discuss. Unless some head from Bioware tells them to kill it of course. But you can't blame them as the less in game players know about it, the less people exploit it, the less work they have to do sorting out exploiters from innocent people caught in the cross fire.

This is a legitimate fail for Bioware. This issue has been known since beta and amazing how they didn't catch or do something about it BEFORE only letting few people in where this will occur often. They aren't going to do anything because more people will fix this, but still who knows the ramifications. Edited by LoL-K-Noob

there is a way

That would separate the most egregious exploiters. But there will be Loan wolf ppl purposefully Q for WF's with the hope of getting the 2min easy xp. They are going for the overly easy xp, but won't be easy to spot. The ones quitting repeatedly or grouping with those that are quitting repeatedly would be easy to spot. I didn't think ppl would be that dumb to exploit that obviously. I figured it was more casual, like joining, and someone quitting (not to exploit, just quitting the match) and ending early.

They should probably be able to look up the highest levels, see how much XP they got from PVP, substract 90% of it (if it excessive), and thus return them back to lvl 11.

I hope they are actually gonna do sth instead of just saying they are.

Seems like a lot of work.

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

So it's a bug ... people are knowingly benefiting from it ... yet it isn't exploiting?

Huh?

People are choosing to benefit from it ... just like they can choose not to benefit from it and not queue up until it is fixed. Bioware needs to disable the warfronts until fixed and punish the people exploiting it.

It is ridiculous hearing people say that if something is available to them that it is free and fair to use. This is not the case. You have a region within the prefrontal lobe in your brain that tells the difference between right and wrong ... use it.

Edited by Tamanous

Exactly my point. When does it become exploiting? How do you tell the difference between people who just wanted to level from pvp and queue every time they can while questing from the people who are knowingly exploiting.
There is no way to tell. It's simply a matter of someone wanting to PVP, and not getting to, and being rewarded for it. Not the players' fault in this matter...BW's hands are covered in blood on this issue.

<----Gonna roll on a totally clean and non-compromised server. Wish they had an official server list up (that I knew about) on the forums, so I could see which server to pick when I finally get my early access email. If it's not a brand new server that day, it won't be for me.

Just letting you know. This thread, just like all the others regarding this, will be deleted by the mods. For some reason even mentioning this gets a deletion :(

They delete threads that talk about exploits. Or at least, they delete threads that tell people how to take advantage of those exploits. If that's why the threads are being deleted, and not because of other forum violations, then I consider that evidence that BW considers this an "exploit".

Damn, WoW: 1 SWTOR: 0. Penalty for a ditching a battle early is such a simple concept, too. I have been one of those people that would flame the WoW fanboys, but it's such a tried and true system I don't know why this was never implemented in the beta.