PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

I cant confirm...but my buddy says there are mid to high 30's! Something about SC not full and ending giving uber XP? Hence players ahead of the curve... Anyone know if this is true?

it's true

my friend is doing it right now as i watch him play. i have a youtube vid but don't know if i'm allowed to post it

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it an exploit to queue for warzones?

Its entirely biowares fault for underpopulating the servers so much at launch.

And it gives an even bigger advantage to those who won the preorder lotto.

He said it all! If it is a game mechanic it isn't an exploit. BioWare should have let everyone in the game.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

This is not players fault, PvP players will get into Warzones.

Population problem was sadly from bioware and also didnt expect this to happen.

No, im not in beta...

Agreed with Rockjaw, and think that BW handling of early EXPLOITATIOn activity will be very important to set tone for game. Rolling characters back based upon exploitation should be done.

TBF I'm not entirely sure "queuing for PvP" is "exploitation".

Fair enough people might be doing it realising they are getting a lot of exp, but really Bioware should just shut down PvP scenarios if they can't get them working right.

Not tell the players not to play.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to exploiting the game in any way.

I say kick them out and give us their spot! That'll teach em! *giggle*

Hello all,

Surprised they would actually take action against them... maybe they legitimately want to do some BG's??

Exactly my point. When does it become exploiting? How do you tell the difference between people who just wanted to level from pvp and queue every time they can while questing from the people who are knowingly exploiting.

The difference I'd imagine will be the ones with a clear level difference. :p Or just the people that have been suspiciously entering the same (empty) WZs.

Hello all,

So how is this exploiting? Its not our fault you designed a system that awards xp but ends if it dosnt meet a cirten criteria.

Not sure exactly how they can roll these people back. Its a random queue, they arent picking empty warzones. It's on Bioware. This was happening in the beta and was supposed to be fixed.

the problem is this: its not as random as you think

que up as a group and take turns quitting

the ones who dont quit that round get xp in minutes

since you can be farming as a group or doing quests while queing for pvp you have non stop normal xp gain with bonus pvp from a couple minutes of jumping in and out of pvp que and its enough to add a level or 2 an hour on top of normal gain

the others who are not involved with the intentional group of round robin quitters also gain (though randomly) the extra xp through no fault of their own

the issue could be solved by doing 2 things: 1 quitters should be barred from pvp for several hours (even if its accidental and your connection is flaky, well, dont screw over your pvp teammates for a few hours till you fix it?) and by 2: making it so you can only gain 1 or 2 matches worth of pvp XP per hour (instead of being able to get full pvp xp every couple of minutes for a game that was meant to last 20 to 30 minutes but was cancelled in 2)

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

Edited by Kaffeine

Hello all,

Good call on that limited first day early access looks even better now. :rolleyes:

So how is this exploiting? Its not our fault you designed a system that awards xp but ends if it dosnt meet a cirten criteria.

It's an exploit because anyone in their right minds knows it was not intended like that. So when you continue to do something, fully knowing it is an unfair exploit (especially in a persistent world like an MMO, where your actions affect all around you), it is highly frowned upon by the developers. For future reference, you are supposed to report things like that, not try to cash in on them before they are corrected.