PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I played through 3 builds and..wait a minute...I never left a WZ early so I really have no frame of reference.

I have a kid so I regularly had to go afk.. which booted me from the Warzone and left me on WZ cooldown.

Honestly, I don't really care about a bunch of power levelling pvpers. That would happen even if every swinging blank got full access today. Those are the same players that will cry about not having anything to do in game in a few weeks.

Heck, reading the threads on it made me glad I didn't get EGA today, and may not get it until the weekend. Because at least there will be more people online to make the world feel full...and while there will be maxed out twinked gankers, as I said, that was gonna happen no matter how ya slice it.

On a pvp server they will be getting even more rewards for camping the **** out 30 levels lower players for weeks. That is MASSIVE crap

Edited by LordSatoh

Make it so the match lasts the full 30 mins regardless of players. I know dumb right? The guys that stick around and try to PVP get the reward at the end of the match while quitters get nothing. I like your idea of penalizing quitters with longer wait times.

or this

basically there are many ways they could have designed around it

Nobody is going to get banned over this, at least not till after the 20th after all the games have been shipped and paid for...lol.

I don't see them banning people using a now well known design flaw/bug/exploit before they even have their money, they'd lose hundreds of thousands of pre-order cancels $$$$$.

Nobody is going to get banned over this, at least not till after the 20th after all the games have been shipped and paid for...lol.

I don't see them banning people using a now well known design flaw/bug/exploit before they even have their money, they'd lose hundreds of thousands of pre-order cancels $$$$$.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Then what do you think Stephen meant by "appropriate action"?

Then what do you think Stephen meant by "appropriate action"?

Appropriate action would like be a loss of levels at the least and a loss of levels and an infraction on the account at most. Nobody is going to get banned from the game before launch.

And it gives an even bigger advantage to those who won the preorder lotto.

The fact that this can even be said is BS. No-one should have been given a Extra Head start is should have been completely fair End of story. Should have never been a this BS Lotto!

wow..so many people in this thread are wrong. Believe me, tracking down exploiting of this issue is leaps and bounds easier then you think, you must think programming and database logs are magical rainbow devices.

A DOA bug? not likely what just happened in wow again? O right, EXPLOITING a flaw in the LFR system allowing multiple loot farming. Hmm wow what happened? O right massive bannings to big and small guilds.

If you think this won't be addressed you are a few synapse short of your state of evolution.

Actually.. Played WAR from launch for over a year and they have the same system that shuts down the Warzone if it's underpopulated. The difference was that WAR had a regular launch, not a Staggered launch and you're able to PvP from Lvl 1 onwards.. so each bracket was pretty full most of the time except for the fastest levelers... who spent more time grinding quests anyways.

1. WAR scenarios don't launch very often if there's not enough players (does happen, but you couldn't exploit it as it would take so long).

2. WAR scenarios that shut down within 2 mins (as rare as they are) don't award much exp (or renown).

This couldn't happen in WAR, so I don't see how they let it happen in SWTOR.

I don't know why people get so worried about other people doing something which doesnt actually hurt them. I wont exploit its not the way I do things also I want to appreciate everything the game has to offer, but if someone else is exploiting so long as its not in actual PVP combat it in no way affects me. Bioware will no doubt do something about this guessing they will delete chars that have used this exploit or remove the xp they gained via this exploit and whilst I agree with bioware for doing something like this, I wont lose sleep over something that doesnt directly concern me.

I guess it might upset people on PVP servers more but there will always be someone higher than you looking to gank you. If you cant handle that or dont want to handle that dont roll on a pvp server.

wow..so many people in this thread are wrong. Believe me, tracking down exploiting of this issue is leaps and bounds easier then you think, you must think programming and database logs are magical rainbow devices.

A DOA bug? not likely what just happened in wow again? O right, EXPLOITING a flaw in the LFR system allowing multiple loot farming. Hmm wow what happened? O right massive bannings to big and small guilds.

If you think this won't be addressed you are a few synapse short of your state of evolution.

Guilds weren't banned. They were suspended.

Well done... To players for exploiting such a great game and to BW for understimating this problem even with such a massive beta tests... :mad: I really hope that the Red Ecplipse server will not be to messed up for when I'll be flagged to play... Nothing else to say...

1. WAR scenarios don't launch very often if there's not enough players (does happen, but you couldn't exploit it as it would take so long).

2. WAR scenarios that shut down within 2 mins (as rare as they are) don't award much exp (or renown).

This couldn't happen in WAR, so I don't see how they let it happen in SWTOR.

It could and did happen. Not as much during launch but it happened a lot more as the server pop was dying.

Either way, the reason why it wasn't as prevalent was due to the differences in Launch tactics and the ability to enter those Warzones/Scenarios from Lvl 1.