PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

how is this an "exploit"? so you queue, scen ends early , not your fault..then you reque, because you want to PvP... it's not an exploit, system is broken, if they "punish" anyone but themselves for this it will be laughable.

If you can see that the system is broken but you continue to use it then it IS a exploit.. sigh... thats what an exploit means.. to abuse a broken system.

granted BW caused this to start with but they could have easily prevented it from getting this far out of hand by shutting servers down for lets say 10 minutes and disable all the BG's till they have this sorted out. Instead they kept deleting every thread created about this issue

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

it was reported

and its not a bug

its a design flaw

they left it in because they assumed no one would quit intentionally to make the matches shorter

they needed to understand the problem and design around it by:

1. make it so you cannot reque instantly if you are a quitter

and

2. limiting the number of pvp matches you can get xp from per hour(or per day) so that pvp matches which were meant to last 30 minutes are not ending in 2 allowing you to do 20 an hour instead of 2 (or if you did 20 you get no more xp than the 2, so you were playing for fun not profit)

the problem is this: its not as random as you think

que up as a group and take turns quitting

the ones who dont quit that round get xp in minutes

since you can be farming as a group or doing quests while queing for pvp you have non stop normal xp gain with bonus pvp from a couple minutes of jumping in and out of pvp que and its enough to add a level or 2 an hour on top of normal gain

the others who are not involved with the intentional group of round robin quitters also gain (though randomly) the extra xp through no fault of their own

the issue could be solved by doing 2 things: 1 quitters should be barred from pvp for several hours (even if its accidental and your connection is flaky, well, dont screw over your pvp teammates for a few hours till you fix it?) and by 2: making it so you can only gain 1 or 2 matches worth of pvp XP per hour (instead of being able to get full pvp xp every couple of minutes for a game that was meant to last 20 to 30 minutes but was cancelled in 2)

Ah ok I get ya. Yea that is a different story.

An exploit is taking advantage of something not working as intended. No matter what way you want to spin it, that is exactly what is happening.

But if they PvP scenarios don't work, surely the best option is to shut them down till they do.

This is Bioware's first big test, tbh I don't understand how this could happen when they've been running WAR for 1.5 years. Scenarios in WAR don't do this.

There is a easy fix: Let more people in the game.

Problem = Solved.

problem not solved, problem been around since beta

you can still que as a group and take turns quitting

it still kicks you out and gives the people who remain xp

server population is irrelevent if you have groups planning ahead to end a pvp match with quits

Yup, Stephen Reid just confirmed the banhammer for the pvp exp exploit.

There is *absolutely* no way to separate those who just wanted to PvP, and those 'trying' to exploit. And this isn't even an exploit, unless you have someone purposefully leaving the match to *force* an early win. Those would be easy to spot, seeing tons of force quits.

Edited by Fibulator

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

Actually when they are intentionally doing it over and over again in order to take advantage of somethign they KNOW is not working as intended in order to gain something that is exploiting and taht is what apparently according to posts some people are doing. When you see the game doing something that it shouldnt' be doing like giving out XP for simply queuing but not playing in warzone match your safest bet is to stop queueing so you don't get called out for exploiting and banned.

LOL at ex WoW guilds (exploiting is an art form for them).

When they got that 8 day ban a week or 2 or now 3 weeks back the QQ in trade chat was hillarious, I know there were some of them who said they were leaving for SWTOR and or quitting for GW2 and going to take a break....

I doubt its just ex wow players that would use an exploit like that, personally I work on the good deeds position, ie report the bug and the devs say hey thanks for that heres a free day or something.....yea i know im dreaming

There is *absolutely* no way to separate those who just wanted to PvP, and those 'trying' to exploit. And this isn't even an exploit, unless you have someone on the opposing faction purposefully leaving the match to *force* an early win.

That's why they will probably do entire server character wipes or rollbacks. Derp.

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

I hope there is something more to this than simply queueing up for PVP. That's not an exploit and those people should not be punished simple for clicking "queue for warzone"

Nope, not me, I'm not even in the game yet, I probably wont be up until another 2 days just saying if all they are doing is hitting quee warzone doesn't seem like they should be punished for it.

There is *absolutely* no way to separate those who just wanted to PvP, and those 'trying' to exploit. And this isn't even an exploit, unless you have someone on the opposing faction purposefully leaving the match to *force* an early win.

there is a way

if the same people quit multiple times and the same people are "staying" to get the xp from the win repeatedly, than a pattern emerges

there are guilds with enough members to coordinate round robin quitting sessions to power level just a handful of people

If you can see that the system is broken but you continue to use it then it IS a exploit.. sigh... thats what an exploit means.. to abuse a broken system.

granted BW caused this to start with but they could have easily prevented it from getting this far out of hand by shutting servers down for lets say 10 minutes and disable all the BG's till they have this sorted out. Instead they kept deleting every thread created about this issue

yeah but how do you know when its fixed and no longer an exploit to try and PvP? I mean, many of the people queueing over and over are exploiting but is it something they can really be punished for seeing as they have the argument of "I just wanted to PvP" on their side.

How is it an exploit to queue for warzones?

Its entirely biowares fault for underpopulating the servers so much at launch.

And it gives an even bigger advantage to those who won the preorder lotto.

The "HOW" is in the way the exploit works.

They are not just queuing up randomly and just happen to get into an empty warzone, that would be indeed not their fault.

You can intentionally queue up in a way that ensures you will land into an empty WZ and therein lies the exploit. Banhammer time! (hopefully, Bioware should send out a CLEAR sign what happens if you don't play by the rules)

Edited by mufutiz

there is a way

if the same people quit multiple times and the same people are "staying" to get the xp from the win repeatedly, than a pattern emerges

there are guilds with enough members to coordinate round robin quitting sessions to power level just a handful of people

Given that they couldn't catch people using hack packs in WAR, I'd be surprised if they have the resources to do this.

They just need to shut the PvP scenarios down (and fix the issue before I get my date :D).

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

Please be aware however, our solution to this issue will not be apparent during early access, as the exploit will no longer be possible after launch when there are a higher number of people in the game. :rolleyes:

(Just figured I should complete the update with the missing bits they forgot to add :p )

Edited by Silveressa

There is a easy fix: Let more people in the game.

Problem = Solved.

They would never allow more people in. Are you thinking this threw? That would mean all the pre-launch guild transfers would not get exclusive access to a limited small player base. They would be able to let more people play earlier. That would mean they would again have to change their plan.

That would mean they would actually be listening to the thousands of posts regarding the 1:30pm stop to all early access invites.

It would mean they would accept that they made an error.

I can see nothing acceptable about it.