PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's a bug ... people are knowingly benefiting from it ... yet it isn't exploiting?

Doesn't sound like a bug, so much as very, very, very bad PvP scenario design.

Bioware have run Warhammer for 1.5 years now, and you couldn't do something like this in Warhammer Online.

Prepare for incoming qq from level capped players with nothing to do on day 2 of early access.

At least we can collectively say "its your fault for using an exploit" and hear them lie about not using the exp exploit call us ignorant etc. Oh the drama ahead of us.....

Edited by mandrillagon

Hello all,

The Live Services and development teams are aware of the reports on this issue, and we're investigating. We'll take appropriate action against any players who are found to be exploiting the game in any way.

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue.

another great work..... keep not inviting people....

it was reported

and its not a bug

its a design flaw

they left it in because they assumed no one would quit intentionally to make the matches shorter

they needed to understand the problem and design around it by:

1. make it so you cannot reque instantly if you are a quitter

and

2. limiting the number of pvp matches you can get xp from per hour(or per day) so that pvp matches which were meant to last 30 minutes are not ending in 2 allowing you to do 20 an hour instead of 2 (or if you did 20 you get no more xp than the 2, so you were playing for fun not profit)

Make it so the match lasts the full 30 mins regardless of players. I know dumb right? The guys that stick around and try to PVP get the reward at the end of the match while quitters get nothing. I like your idea of penalizing quitters with longer wait times.

yeah but how do you know when its fixed and no longer an exploit to try and PvP? I mean, many of the people queueing over and over are exploiting but is it something they can really be punished for seeing as they have the argument of "I just wanted to PvP" on their side.

Yeah but is there really any pvp when all you have been doing for the past, oooh lets say 4 hours been queuing for BG's that last less than 2 minutes.

What are these people waiting for? They luck to change? that while they gain massive amounts of lvls and outlevel majority of the people, all of a sudden from no where the will be a bunch of equal high level people on the opposite faction ready to pvp and the BGs wont quick after 2 minutes

Damn, WoW: 1 SWTOR: 0. Penalty for a ditching a battle early is such a simple concept, too. I have been one of those people that would flame the WoW fanboys, but it's such a tried and true system I don't know why this was never implemented in the beta.

There is a penalty for leaving a WZ early...

There is no way to tell. It's simply a matter of someone wanting to PVP, and not getting to, and being rewarded for it. Not the players' fault in this matter...BW's hands are covered in blood on this issue.

<----Gonna roll on a totally clean and non-compromised server. Wish they had an official server list up (that I knew about) on the forums, so I could see which server to pick when I finally get my early access email. If it's not a brand new server that day, it won't be for me.

here you go =) http://www.swtor.com/server-status

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

Yeah I wouldn't call this exploiting. More like negligence on Bioware's part.

Generally speaking, anything that provides unintended benefit is an exploit, and is punishable even if the 'bug' is due to a conflict between two systems (in this case, the empty-warzone-ending system and the guarantee-XP-from-warzone system) and not an accident of broken code.

Not all exploits will always be fixed immediately, since they won't all work the same way--but players should be able to common-sense their way to figuring out what is game-breaking and what is merely convenient. People taking advantage of it do so at their own risk.

Personally, I'll just avoid WZs until it gets fixed....

The only reason I play this game is for battlegrounds. So I am going to sit a re queue for the next 12 hours. You cannot punish someone because all they want to do is play one aspect of the game. They should do a rollback of some sort.

yes you can

Damn, WoW: 1 SWTOR: 0. Penalty for a ditching a battle early is such a simple concept, too. I have been one of those people that would flame the WoW fanboys, but it's such a tried and true system I don't know why this was never implemented in the beta.

the penalty for quiting BG in WOW was changed several time through patch so please..

Edited by Asurai

Doesn't sound like a bug, so much as very, very, very bad PvP scenario design.

Bioware have run Warhammer for 1.5 years now, and you couldn't do something like this in Warhammer Online.

Actually.. Played WAR from launch for over a year and they have the same system that shuts down the Warzone if it's underpopulated. The difference was that WAR had a regular launch, not a Staggered launch and you're able to PvP from Lvl 1 onwards.. so each bracket was pretty full most of the time except for the fastest levelers... who spent more time grinding quests anyways.

Make it so the match lasts the full 30 mins regardless of players. I know dumb right? The guys that stick around and try to PVP get the reward at the end of the match while quitters get nothing. I like your idea of penalizing quitters with longer wait times.

Your idea is so simple and straightforward its almost too much common sense for anyone buy into it. Seriously, this is what needs to be done. After fixing the exploit all the accounts that used it need to be rolled back so they lose their ill gotten battle bags.

Honestly, I don't really care about a bunch of power levelling pvpers. That would happen even if every swinging blank got full access today. Those are the same players that will cry about not having anything to do in game in a few weeks.

Heck, reading the threads on it made me glad I didn't get EGA today, and may not get it until the weekend. Because at least there will be more people online to make the world feel full...and while there will be maxed out twinked gankers, as I said, that was gonna happen no matter how ya slice it.

It just seems kinda messed up to blame the fact that a bad PvP mechanic was left in game on top of them not putting enough players in to even support warzones. Ok, lets all blame the players for those mishaps. Yes, many are exploiting it seems but come on, this is one of those things where its not so black and white. The main issue here is Biowar, not the players.