So then BioWare.....

Transcendent

Group finder died due to a lack of meaningful rewards and it's difficulty curve being far too steep.

101% Disagreed. GF is working great when it works, but the problem is that it takes a long, long time to work, because there are not enough players using it. And less and less every day. People prefer to shout in the fleet to build a group and then use GF to get the daily comms. It's a problem of numbers. Just that.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

101% Disagreed. GF is working great when it works, but the problem is that it takes a long, long time to work, because there are not enough players using it. And less and less every day. People prefer to shout in the fleet to build a group and then use GF to get the daily comms. It's a problem of numbers. Just that.

And it's a problem of numbers because there are no decent rewards offered and the content is too difficult for the average player, so they don't bother queueing.

You're talking symptoms, I'm talking about the cause.

And it's a problem of numbers because there are no decent rewards offered and the content is too difficult for the average player, so they don't bother queueing.

You're talking symptoms, I'm talking about the cause.

Rewards have nothing to do with it, because people use GF, specially for daily ops. Just that they build groups before joinning GF because it would take ages otherwise. If rewards were so bad, or using GF so difficult as you say, nobody would use it. And that's not the case

We badly need, among other stuff, a playerbase increase, and as I was saying that requires merging servers, merging old factions (lvl 60+ ex-reps and lvl 60+ ex-imps), or making FP / Ops cross-server.

Edited by Pirindolo

Rewards have nothing to do with it, because people use GF, specially for daily ops. Just that they build groups before joinning GF because it would take ages otherwise.

That seems circular. Not enough people are using GF because it takes too long, and it takes to long because not enough people are using it?

That seems circular. Not enough people are using GF because it takes too long, and it takes to long because not enough people are using it?

Welcome to the issue of GSF. New people complain about it being dominated by veterans, because there are not enough new people to match them accordingly.

Group finder is dead because the only GF content worth doing requires trinity comp, and tanks are insanely rare. And merging will not fix the tank problem either because merging means you have to compete against all the DPS from that server for said tanks.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Group finder is dead because the only GF content worth doing requires trinity comp, and tanks are insanely rare. And merging will not fix the tank problem either because merging means you have to compete against all the DPS from that server for said tanks.

People like to dream there's a magic server where all the tanks retreated to play in peace with the healers. And one day they will be selected to attend this gaming nirvana, where queue pops are instantaneous. Why must you ruin it for them? You told your little brother about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too didn't you? :p

Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric

I'm sorry Eric, But i hope you mean, as it is now, and Not how it will be in the Xpac.

I would be really pizzed off if we can't play together, when we should be able to in this New Era, when fact is, as all the FE stuff that has come out has said that both the Republic and Sith Empire have been defeated. And both Empires seem to be No more, with the exception of us "Outlanders", which most of us still have our own Political beliefs.

But a Lot of us would also like the Option to play together with the Empire and Republic. Also a lot of us would like the Option to defect.

I think a lot of Guilds that have both an Empire and Republic Guilds like mine can benefit from being able to play with both Factions in some ways like these New storylines. Some ppl would like it for more ppl to do Ops and FP's with to.

Yeah I know a Lot of ppl Hate those ideas to, but doesn't always make sense in Real war like this. Even the worst of enemies can work together to destroy an Enemy that has destroyed both Factions for the most part.

I know from this Website and others thing Bioware has let out, that there is some kind of Dual-Faction. Otherwise there is Not Much point For Me to to continue to play this game.

Just me, and some others. :(

People like to dream there's a magic server where all the tanks retreated to play in peace with the healers. And one day they will be selected to attend this gaming nirvana, where queue pops are instantaneous. Why must you ruin it for them? You told your little brother about Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too didn't you? :p

Well, this problem is the same, with GF or without it. And as long as there isn't solution for it, we must keep on with what we have. But even so, merging stuff or making FP and ops cross-server would improve the present situation, just because not every player is doing the same thing at the same time. Improving a 10% is better than not improving anything.

Well, this problem is the same, with GF or without it. And as long as there isn't solution for it, we must keep on with what we have. But even so, merging stuff or making FP and ops cross-server would improve the present situation, just because not every player is doing the same thing at the same time. Improving a 10% is better than not improving anything.

I think that's the point you are missing. It won't improve for anyone because the ratio of tanks to healers to DPS is nearly the same on EVERY server. The only way it will truly improve is if more people play tanks and healers, sorry that is on the players.

Edited by Draqsko

This is absolutely correct. Plenty of people use GF...it's VERY successful imo...but, as you stated, it's only used after people have built their group.

Plenty of people use it. Pops take too long for the anti social and lazy folk who don't take some initiative to join a forming group. GF isn't a lazy mans tool like some seem to think...plenty of players are using it daily to maximize their rewards.

Group finder is dead because the only GF content worth doing requires trinity comp, and tanks are insanely rare.

Rare'ish sure...but not impossible to find at all. Plenty of players volunteer to switch to their tank in my experience. Group finder is certainly not dead...it's used for 99% of the PuG groups I join.

MMOs will always treat PC factions as "never the twain shall meet". For some reason, they view faction segregation as holy writ. It's ridiculous.

EQ2 has been cross-faction for grouping, guilding, & so on for years. On the PvP server, they no longer even have a faction split on classes any more; all classes are available to both main factions.

EQ1 was, IIRC, always cross-faction.

EQ2 has been cross-faction for grouping, guilding, & so on for years. On the PvP server, they no longer even have a faction split on classes any more; all classes are available to both main factions.

EQ1 was, IIRC, always cross-faction.

Glad some1 got back on topic lol.

Actually, now that I think of it, Anarchy Online had cross-faction grouping too, but it was kinda wonky ... if you had characters from the opposing factions in your group, Tab-Targetting would select them ... bad news if you're not paying attention ;)

But I have to say that for me, cross-faction just doesn't "feel right" for this game, & I'm not even happy to read about all this "end of the war" stuff, so I'm going to have to think carefully as to whether or not I'll get this expac. What I see of the level 60 game as it is now will go a long way towards determining if I stick with this game, or swallow my tongue & go back to my beloved EQ2 Troubadour, whom I miss sooooo very much :(

More like a new balancing nightmare. That and the third faction is the enemy to the Empire and the Republic. You're not going to queue together in the group finder. PvP maybe. Not to mention that would mean writing 4 whole new stories and eight different advance classes for the characters.

not to mention it would be a content creation nightmare and likely wouldnt be out this early by that I mean this year.

They would have to do new planets, new ops, new heroics, new pvp stuff, new ships, new weapons, armor... far beyond the amount we get in expansions.

They would essentially be creating a brand new full game within a game which doesn't really make sense it would be like adding a new playable faction to WoW (not playable race; playable faction) Financially they might be able to do it but from an overall common sense work piece it just doesn't make any sense at all. I wont Lie, id love it if they did it but they'd have to work it all in and that on top of everything else is a monstrous task even for bioware.