So then BioWare.....

Transcendent

Not sure we're going to get much clarification until closer to release.

My thoughts tho, are that the Empire and Republic are no longer at war. I base this on "your character becomes The Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War" from the announcement. Seems to me, the only way to really be a veteran is if the war is over.

If that is the case, then Imps and Pubs shouldn't really be fighting too much, similar to SoR story. Possible faction merger/truce maybe which WOULD allow for same faction queuing?

Who knows? I could be WAAAAAAAAAY off base....

I don't see the harm in clarifying if this is just a story or if it will have real gameplay benefits to.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Can you clarify if the player factions will be merged? Will pubs and imps be able to play together in warzones, ops, chat, guilds ect..?

Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric

Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric

Why not? This has been a feature that a lot of people (especially a lot of us PvPers) have been asking for for a while now. It would be a huge balancing factor for PvP, help PvE Group Finder queues pop more frequently and faster, and with the latest story content released, makes sense thematically, too.

Edited by waterboytkd

-eric

Thank you for answering but this is VERY disappointing. What are you planning to do to address server population concerns then especially for ranked pvp?

-eric

Thanks for the response, this answers my main question since this was hinted at in some parts but not clearly confirmed or ruled out.

I am happy that the factions are not merged because I feel that the community on Imperial side is more hostile than on Republic side and would rather keep the chats separate. Of course, there is the issue of uneven factions in solo rated queue and regular PvP but I can understand it is not in the current plans.

Why not? This has been a feature that a lot of people (especially a lot of us PvPers) have been asking for for a while now. It would be a huge balancing factor for PvP, help PvE Group Finder queues pop more frequently and faster, and with the latest story content released, makes sense thematically, too.

More like a new balancing nightmare. That and the third faction is the enemy to the Empire and the Republic. You're not going to queue together in the group finder. PvP maybe. Not to mention that would mean writing 4 whole new stories and eight different advance classes for the characters.

Edited by Koichi

-eric

That's rather silly, considering they're no longer at war and the factional boundaries seem to have been eliminated by the wonder twins.

why not, because they don't want them too.

They are maintaining the faction system and separation as it currently is. Just because people ask for it doesn't mean its something they feel is necessary or fits the story they are telling.

whats the point of having it for PVP since that just means you are just fighting each other. For PVE its like cross server. All it does is take it from someother place, and give it to someone else. Making someones time longer for the sake of making someone else time shorter (how is that a good thing over all, which is why it hasn't been implemented...among other reasons).

-eric

Then what are you doing to address the population problem ? We have not had a single update since this. We could use some information Eric, this is going beyond silly at this point.

That's rather silly, considering they're no longer at war and the factional boundaries seem to have been eliminated by the wonder twins.

Probably too much bad blood between the two factions. The Republic did purge the Sith at one time and the Sith did massacre a lot of Republic planets...

Eric have there been any discussions on removing the chat restrictions between factions? I know both as a pvper and an RPer the chat restrictions are quite damaging to organizing events and activities. Removing the restrictions would be a great step for the RP community and certainly help with things like Group and Solo ranked on smaller servers like Jung Ma.

The new Faction is not playable, but a new Faction within the story.

-eric

Thanks for the answer :D

-eric

"as it is now"? Does that mean when the old flashpoints / operations and scaled up, they then will be? :rak_02:

Edited by Transcendent

Then what are you doing to address the population problem ? We have not had a single update since this. We could use some information Eric, this is going beyond silly at this point.

Isn't the instant-level 60 enough for that? I'm pretty sure that that is their "better than cross-server solution".

-eric

So how does this address server population, especially on PVP servers. Have you seen the population numbers for Prophecy of the Five? Have you seen the population numbers of Jung Ma? These servers are dead and this issue needs to be addressed. Will there be merges? Will there by complimentary transfers? Not to mention Ranked Arenas are completely dead on PoT5. There's even a wait for regular warzones these days.

I've still not seen clarification if we get ONE free level 60 (per account) or ONE (per server) or as many as we like.

Could I hop on a different server and make 16 new level 60s? Or do I just get one?

I'm not suprised there isn't a faction merge, but please, please, let the fleets be destroyed. The fleets need to go, and this is the time for that to happen.

I asked the dev team about the possibility of having Rep and Imps play together at a community event when GSF came out and they indicated it was a technical nightmare on the same vein as cross server q's.

Of course...everything that can help the queues is "too difficult".

Of course...everything that can help the queues is "too difficult".

You know I don't care about PVP.

That said, they straight-up said 'better than cross-server' is being worked on and I have 'no' idea what it could be if it's not merged factions. And that bothers me.

At this point, I sincerely believe that they need to explain what 'better than cross-server' is, if only because it's been long enough to have 'something' to point at.

Well I'm glad there is no faction merge. 2 expansions after KOFE I expect a giant return to faction warfare. :p

I'm a bit confused then as to the 'better than cross-server' comment from way back.

Miss opportunity, if you ask me, but okay.

With warzones and arenas being fought between teams of same factions, the effect of merging factions would probably be minimal.

The better than xserver clearly applied to the new reward / gearing system / pricing reavealed a while back. They're figuring the lower entry barrier and more immediate season rewards will get more people to participate. And I can see the logic in that, I for one plan to up my participation come next season based on the fact I don't have to regrind as much and the token system seems appealing to me.