So then BioWare.....

Transcendent

No lol...he said "Nope, not happenin", using words you didn't understand.

I guess you don't know how to read into things like most people do because "as it is now" just means the current content will remain faction based while Fallen content will be non faction.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it the more I wouldn't rule out a new faction hub... All them monthly chapters will need staging points heh. I kinda doubt they'll just slap a scroll bar on the ship console.

Hope springs eternal. :p

huh what?

basically what he said is nothing is going to change, factions will still be factions and will not be playing together. Exactly how it is now.

Nah it's likely that all legacy content will remain faction and all Fallen content will be non faction at least from what I can gather

I guess you don't know how to read into things like most people do because "as it is now" just means the current content will remain faction based while Fallen content will be non faction.

Not true...I've learned that you folk here tend to read TOO much into things you hope, rather than just hearing what Bioware says.

Bioware doesn't deceive you guys nearly as much as some people think they do, it's just that players believe anything.

Maybe you should stop trying to "read into things" and try reading things instead. That's not what that means at all. It means, things will stay exactly as they are right now. Nothing is changing with the factions in either the old or new content. Empire players stay Empire, Republic players stay Republic. They just fight the same enemy, but separately.

Nah it's likely that all legacy content will remain faction and all Fallen content will be non faction at least from what I can gather

No, really - what Eric said is that there will not be cross-faction grouping, regardless of whether we're talking about 'legacy content' or post-KotFE content.

Not true...I've learned that you folk here tend to read TOO much into things you hope, rather than just hearing what Bioware says.

Bioware doesn't deceive you guys nearly as much as some people think they do, it's just that players believe anything.

Considering they say they listen to players input but yet seem to ignore a lot of the valid input and just do what they want says otherwise.

Maybe you should stop trying to "read into things" and try reading things instead. That's not what that means at all. It means, things will stay exactly as they are right now. Nothing is changing with the factions in either the old or new content. Empire players stay Empire, Republic players stay Republic. They just fight the same enemy, but separately.

Some folk look at evidence and then come to a conclusion.

Other folk come to a conclusion and then twist the evidence to support their conclusion.

No, really - what Eric said is that there will not be cross-faction grouping, regardless of whether we're talking about 'legacy content' or post-KotFE content.

If he meant to say that he would have just said there won't be cross faction stuff and not add the little "as it is now" subtext because there wouldn't be any reason to say that part because it makes sense without it unless he was hinting at what I am talking about.

Considering they say they listen to players input but yet seem to ignore a lot of the valid input and just do what they want says otherwise.

They are professional game developers, we're random fanboys on their website. They read the feedback and make decisions accordingly, and maybe even take ideas from the community if they like them. But don't kid yourself into thinking this game is a democracy, or that your opinion on how things should be done matters.

If he meant to say that he would have just said there won't be cross faction stuff and not add the little "as it is now" subtext because there wouldn't be any reason to say that part because it makes sense without it unless he was hinting at what I am talking about.

"As it is now" reinforces the statement that nothing is changing. The phrase you think you read was "for now", but you didn't. They're not the same and you're completely off base.

They are professional game developers, we're random fanboys on their website. They read the feedback and make decisions accordingly, and maybe even take ideas from the community if they like them. But don't kid yourself into thinking this game is a democracy, or that your opinion on how things should be done matters.

^^^^^This so very much this^^^^^

"As it is now" reinforces the statement that nothing is changing. The phrase you think you read was "for now", but you didn't. They're not the same and you're completely off base.

Not really as I can see them separating the old content from new content because of story reasons while it works in the Fallen Empire setting because both sides are forced to work closely together to defeat a common enemy.

Not really as I can see them separating the old content from new content because of story reasons while it works in the Fallen Empire setting because both sides are forced to work closely together to defeat a common enemy.

Do you understand that in english, the phrase as it is now, means JUST LIKE IT IS NOW? They aren't merging factions, it will be just like the game now, nothing different. The storyline will be portrayed as the factions working together, but the player base will still be separated by game mechanics.

Not only are they pro's and some random fanboy's are giving suggestions. They are responsible adults with spouses, children, mortgages, car loans, etc.. to cover. If anyone thinks they are gonna risk their and their families' lives for some pimply faced 13 year old whose voice hasn't changed yet stating: mergers necessary, f2p bites/too good, all is wrong etc. etc., well, get a clue cuz it ain't happenin'. Sure they listen, just like when a 13 year old listens about not misbehaving. Listen does not mean take action in response, simply means being heard.

Eve found this out the hard way with their Player Council when Mittens got drunk and caused an international incident encouraging a real world physical attack on another person during an annual fan fair being broadcast live around the world. Drunken adults and children's ideas could sink a multi-million dollar corporation. Let the people the Board of Directors put in place call the shots, sink or swim.

so then...merge servers maybe?

Ranked pvp (esp. 4v4) is basicly dead on most european servers and the 3.3 changes won't solve the underlying issue. Way too small (rated) player base to get fair matches, new teams get rekked and stop queueing after 1-2 days.

For the sake of the queue systems in game please reconsider this. I am sure there are plenty of players who log on for 20 minutes only to sit in queue and then say "screw it" and log off. PVP would be a ton better with 1 pool of players, there could also be some behind the scenes sorting going on to balance the matches.

What about Fleet? If the empire and republic have collapsed where will all the players go? What is the new Hub?

If you allow the empire and republic to mingle then it is as simple as making a new "Fleet" with all the vendors and service associated right?

Agreed. I think they selectively listen to feedback...and I don't blame them, I just believe they rely far too heavily on metrics.