So then BioWare.....

Transcendent

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't really matter, does it? Eric Musco's post on the matter was pretty unequivocal (as it is now).

Of course, which is a bad decission, not just in terms of the story (the war between the reps and the imps is long ago finished and both ex-factions are fighting a much bigger, common enemy), but also in terms of server population, with the GF being more and more abandoned every day.

We need a change, and this was the perfect (lost) opportunity.

Edited by Pirindolo

Of course, which is a bad decission, not just in terms of the story (the war between the reps and the imps is long ago finished and both ex-factions are fighting a much bigger, common enemy), but also in terms of server population, with the GF being more and more abandoned every day.

If only they would listen to the marketing and game design savants who inhabit these forums.

We need a change, and this was the perfect (lost) opportunity.

No, you want this change. We includes me, and I don't want it or need it.

No, you want this change. We includes me, and I don't want it or need it.

Maybe you are playing on a full server where everytime enough players for whatever are available.

Some server are really emty and a faction merge will double the player pool in one second.

Maybe you are playing on a full server where everytime enough players for whatever are available.

Some server are really emty and a faction merge will double the player pool in one second.

Again, you might want it, No one needs it. In any event, Eric Musco said it's not happening (although he didn't go so far as to say it'll never happen).

Doesn't really matter, does it? Eric Musco's post on the matter was pretty unequivocal (as it is now).

Of course it matters lol. They've changed their plans before...I hope this is a situation where they change them again.

Edited by TUXs

Cross-faction doesn't seem to be in the works or something they even have planned. I'll admit, I thought that's the route they were going to go for post-60 elder game, but they didn't.

Would like to see something addressed for queue times or server populations, but I am not committed to one particular solution to that issue.

Yup...same culprits as always too.

I would just like people to stop doing that when somebody else has another view on something. Even though it's not what they agree with, you can still discuss without name calling or having it turn into a competition.

Just, it's getting old now. I know they get off on it. But dang. It's enough!

We includes me, so that makes it a we. I'd ask you to stop pretending like you're a part of we but you're being useful with bumps so thanks instead.

We includes me as well...so now we're a we-we?!

We includes me as well...so now we're a we-we?!

Y̌̾҉͎̣͖̰͔̺o̘ ͈̣̭̖͔̺͋͋̓ͮͭ̓ͯd͖̰̮̣͖̰̺a̗͉̰̫̙̙ͩ͡ẁ̤̫̩͈͖̣ĝ̠̮̺̅ͦ̔̒ ̦̭̫̃̽I͓̯͎͖̖͑͗̇͛͂͊̓͡ ̼̃͛̀̈̅̚ĥ͓̓͊ͯ̍͗ͫe̵̱a̦̲̟̳͊r̯̺̟͡ͅͅď̯̫̦̘ͤ̐ͬ̊̅ͥͅͅ ͒͌͊͊̈́ͯ̚͞y̨̰̻̯̳̓̉̆ö̤̫͋̇̏ͮ̚ͅͅu̵̹̮̖͗̐͊̓ ̘̬͍̲̞̖̳̔̈́̅l̟̦̮͇̔ͩ̕ĩ̲͓̈̿͋ͣ̂̽͜k͕̭̙͚̗͚̭ͯ̈́̇̎e̱̳̟ ̡̋̎̅ͦͤ̂͑w̰̝̯͔͜ͅe̴̿̒ ̹͍͕͎̝ͩ̈ͭ̋͜s̸̩͙͍o͚̜̝͙̰̟ͧ̈́ͨ̂ͤ́ ͚̝̭̳̹̟͋͋̆ͯI̐ͯͮͦ̌ ͖̣̯p͔̗̱̓̍̈́͑̈̕u̢̘͕ͩͮtͦ̓ͨ ̻̗͚̋̔͢s͔̦ͧͬ͒̋ọ̔̊͆̈̚m̧̱̽ͨͩ̇ͅe̪͔̼̱̾̿ͬ͂̽͟ ̮̦͕̘͉͙w̰͇̮e̥̜̯̖̪̗͍͐̈ͨ ͉͓͎̦͓̑́͊̑͞ͅi̡̞ͨͨ̓͗ͩͣn̺̹̼͖̰̞͑̐̀͊ͩͥ ̶͉̎̿y͇͕̗͙̳ͦ̽̔̏ͯ̎͠o̪̩̗͕͇̤ͯͮ̏͗͂̀u̳̟̠̱̺̼͈̓͑ͭͨ̈r͗͐͂̾͒̆҉͇̞̩ ̧̥͚͙̌̿̆w̹̫̉̔ͨ̃ͯe͙̯̠̳͖͛ͣ̈́͗̀ͅ ̰̗͆s̷̙͉͕̹̖̩̽̊ͧͪͅo̪̙̲̖̣͎̠͆͑ ͇̲̇̌͛̉ȳͣȯ͉͕̪̳̌̋ͮ͟u̝̙̗̫͚̘̎́ͫ ͙̺̓̉̆̓̇́ͨ͝c̫̱ͨ̾o͙̮͈̗̱̩̪ͩ͑ͨͭ̿̃u̡̞̜̠̳̲̙̲͐͒̏l͙͓̜̰ͣ̃ͣͣ͋ͪ̉d͕̦̭͂̒̕ ̲̳͞w͇̦̲̳͕̫ͨͫ͐ͩë̤͉͇̝͉̘͎́̊͒ͤͩ̐ ̸͉͎͉̤̼͔w̤̌̓̈͂h͏̖̪̗͕iͦ̑ͬ͂͑̽l̶͔̃ͥ͗͑̈̈e͕̩ ͕̣̠̫̼̑̽̔͛̆̌ͅͅý̡̫̜̣̳͈͇̤͗ͭ͊̾̐o̓̾̃̂u͍̲ͨ͋͢ ̯̝̭̮͙̟͙̄ͯ́ͤw̜̺͈͚̖͂e͙̦͔̺̦͋̅̅͒̚

Weception confirmed.

Good question! Factions will not be able to play together in group content, as it is now.

-eric

I hope you reed this, Eric:confused:

:mad: Very->:mad:!!!!

Your say at the E3, Empire and Republic has Fallen. Ok and your say KotFE is like, Mass Effect, KotoR and Star Wars 5. So. Where is the kotor part; "I can Choose everything so I want to Play"!? I will Choose my fraction as like in Kotor (like the Dark side or the light) or like in SW Galaxies. I will play as a Trooper or as a Jedi, Smuggler or every other class in the game and free Choose how and where i want to play! Not the "First Choose and Lock" fraction:i_evil: I.. WE want to Choose the fraction soon ingame and "switch" between Republic or Empire via "Questline" to betray a side (or Choose a side like the Pandaren in WoW at LvL 10) and go to a other:cool::mad: Only the Choose to make a fraction swith or to have a free choose make the game 100 times better

Star Wars The Old Republic has so many MANY Potential, but you make ... nothing real. Many Players want a realy "free Choose" Star Wars MMO. So, please. Make it so in the future <3 :) Sorry for my english, i'm from Germany and my School English is not the best :) Aber bitte bioware, erfüllt uns diesen wünsch :'( "But please, bioware, Fulfill us our wish" I hope you understand me what I mean;)

We want Bioware Story telling and a free Fractions Choos ingame for every class

-Kilian

Edited by Kampflerk

...........................They are maintaining the faction system and separation as it currently is. Just because people ask for it doesn't mean its something they feel is necessary or fits the story they are telling....................

Their story is so "all over the place" and weak, it is beyond laughable to use that as an excuse to actually address the real problems with the game.

Seems to me with the latest info that the announcement was simply the hype train starting off again before a remarkably lacklustre expansion is released.

Nothing is going to change to the core game to improve it, but you can bet your mortgage that there will be a load of things broken in the process which take them months to fix post release.

As usual he and the team are totally detached from the reality of the game.

Yeah, if they were only attached like you, they could make hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Instead, they are detached and so the game shall be closing soon, just like SWG. So sad, so sad.

There is a problem that needs to be adressed urgently: Group Finder is dying, faster in some servers, slower in others, but dying in any case. There are 3 known solutions:

...............1) Server merge

...............2) Faction merge (LEVEL 60+ ex-reps and LEVEL 60+ ex-imps)

...............3) Make FP and Ops cross-server

3) and 2) won't happen, as Musco and his merry comrades have already said.

1) seems out of place now that a new expansion is comming.

So what the hell will they do to fix the problem? Nothing?

Edited by Pirindolo

There is a problem that needs to be adressed urgently: Group Finder is dying, faster in some servers, slower in others, but dying in any case. There are 3 known solutions:

...............1) Server merge

...............2) Faction merge (ex-reps and ex-imps)

...............3) Make FP and Ops cross-server

3) and 2) won't happen, as Musco and his merry comrades have already said.

1) seems out of place now that a new expansion is comming.

So what the hell will they do to fix the problem? Nothing?

Group finder died due to a lack of meaningful rewards and it's difficulty curve being far too steep.