Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric

Unfortunately, getting the issues addressed and tested in Umbara is taking longer than expected. As much as we want to get Crisis on Umbara to you ASAP, we want to ensure that it is at a quality level we are comfortable with. For that reason, we need to delay Game Update 5.4 by an additional 24 hours.

The new maintenance window for 5.4 will be Thursday, 8/24 at 5AM PDT. I will go ahead and update this timing in all maintenance messaging as well. We do apologize for the delay and thank you again for your patience!

-eric

To be honest I think if they're having this much trouble they should leave it for next week or this weekend. I would hate for them to rush and then there's a huge bug. The last thing we need is a huge bug that could seriously effect the story (and Theron relationships!) especially if our first run through is the one that counts and it bugs.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

To be honest I think if they're having this much trouble they should leave it for next week or this weekend. I would hate for them to rush and then there's a huge bug. The last thing we need is a huge bug that could seriously effect the story (and Theron relationships!) especially if our first run through is the one that counts and it bugs.

Maybe they are rewriting the story somewhat. (One can hope p)

-eric

I don't know whether to laugh or unsubscribe

It was awesome *nods*

Now if I did that for my sniper, I think the end would be him pulling out his sniper rifle and shooting the damn prompt.

I'll be your alibi lol

Edited by Nefla

Sounds impossible to do in 2 days. They'd also need voice actors etc.

it's not altogether uncommon to record/film more than one set of dialogue or entire scenes...someone who knew about one of the recent Star Wars films told me there was one scene in particular which was filmed twice with different endings to deter spoilers and leaks. There's always dialogue that's recorded and left on the cutting room floor, too.

Point being, they may have had what they needed from the voice over artists already. A lot of the player's dialogue would probably not change at all either way - I mean, whoever it is, they're going to be asking why and trying to figure out what is going on.

Plus the **** hit the fan with this weeks ago when the Thing We Can't Discuss surfaced. If there were an alt script they were considering they could have assembled the v/o actors then.

it's not altogether uncommon to record/film more than one set of dialogue or entire scenes...someone who knew about one of the recent Star Wars films told me there was one scene in particular which was filmed twice with different endings to deter spoilers and leaks. There's always dialogue that's recorded and left on the cutting room floor, too.

Point being, they may have had what they needed from the voice over artists already. A lot of the player's dialogue would probably not change at all either way - I mean, whoever it is, they're going to be asking why and trying to figure out what is going on.

Plus the **** hit the fan with this weeks ago when the Thing We Can't Discuss surfaced. If there were an alt script they were considering they could have assembled the v/o actors then.

This being swtor I still severely doubt it. ME:A made sh*t hit the fan too, they couldn't even bother with that and that's one of their big games.

I think Hell would have to freeze over before this would get special attention on such a short notice. That and they stated the issue iirc.

No harm in hoping though.

Edited by Eshvara

Some people have romanced Koth or Dorne so them taking them away is wrong

I feel sorry for those dark side troopers who wanted to join the Empire yet chose the Republic to keep Elara... :p

That said, I have two toons romancing Theron. One of them was a mistake, so since I don't care about their relationship and she's a cold mean IA, I chose all the wrong options. Meaning, made fun of his dead father, told him I want to destroy the galaxy with the superweapon, etc. I wanted them to break up... yet know what? even after all those horrible things she said to him, he replied "I love you too" :rolleyes:

So in a way, I'm glad some companions have a certain personality now, because Theron smiling while being abused doesn't make sense :p

On the other hand, there's a huge lack of DS LI's in this game. If we had more options, then DS female toons wouldn't be single.

This being swtor I still severely doubt it. ME:A made sh*t hit the fan too, they couldn't even bother with that and that's one of their big games.

I think Hell would have to freeze over before this would get special attention on such a short notice. That and they stated the issue iirc.

No harm in hoping though.

Yeah I agree. I just can't see them putting in so much effort for the sake of misdirection or updating/changing the story. I mean we almost never get class or alignment specific flavor dialogue anymore let alone something big like redoing a bunch of cutscenes and voice acting due to fan reaction.

I feel sorry for those dark side troopers who wanted to join the Empire yet chose the Republic to keep Elara... :p

That said, I have two toons romancing Theron. One of them was a mistake, so since I don't care about their relationship and she's a cold mean IA, I chose all the wrong options. Meaning, made fun of his dead father, told him I want to destroy the galaxy with the superweapon, etc. I wanted them to break up... yet know what? even after all those horrible things she said to him, he replied "I love you too" :rolleyes:

So in a way, I'm glad some companions have a certain personality now, because Theron smiling while being abused doesn't make sense :p

On the other hand, there's a huge lack of DS LI's in this game. If we had more options, then DS female toons wouldn't be single.

They should have let you romance Scourge >.<

Yeah I agree. I just can't see them putting in so much effort for the sake of misdirection or updating/changing the story. I mean we almost never get class or alignment specific flavor dialogue anymore let alone something big like redoing a bunch of cutscenes and voice acting due to fan reaction.

I'm not saying that it's *probable,* because I am worried about this patch too - just that it is *possible.* It was noted that the initial reaction from the Powers That Be to the Stuff We Can't Talk About on the forums was different than it had been before, and it's also noted that there's been SWCTA before that has turned out to be inaccurate. Also, I'm not saying they would have redone things, but that they would perhaps have had a few possibilities.

They've mentioned what the holdup is, but it's odd to me that they'd find *that* major a flaw in the coding, this close to showtime - unless they had decided to do final coding and prep on Option B rather than Option A.

Even if Option B is simply adding more a few clues to reassure people that the traitor isn't actually one...

I'm not saying that it's *probable,* because I am worried about this patch too - just that it is *possible.* It was noted that the initial reaction from the Powers That Be to the Stuff We Can't Talk About on the forums was different than it had been before, and it's also noted that there's been SWCTA before that has turned out to be inaccurate. Also, I'm not saying they would have redone things, but that they would perhaps have had a few possibilities.

They've mentioned what the holdup is, but it's odd to me that they'd find *that* major a flaw in the coding, this close to showtime - unless they had decided to do final coding and prep on Option B rather than Option A.

Even if Option B is simply adding more a few clues to reassure people that the traitor isn't actually one...

I dunno, my default is just to be bitter and skeptical about it 😰

I like this idea...I vote for you, haha. Even if we go through with original "option A" and they just give us a few nuggets at the end (to tell us it's ok and temporary) so we don't all go running off of cliffs in droves. :p

Edited by Dracofish

They should have let you romance Scourge >.<

I don't even see Scourge getting on with a doom Doom DOOM character. That's why he chose to work with the Knight. There's a difference between being Dark and being that guy in the corner of the room cackling like a loon while pulling the wings off of butterflies just for jollies. :p

Pretty much all of my characters are Dark 1 - 2 and get on fine with everybody, except maybe Koth. Even Theron approves of pretty much every Dark decision they make other than a select few.

Edited by Dracofish

I don't even see Scourge getting on with a doom Doom DOOM character. That's why he chose to work with the Knight. There's a difference between being Dark and being that guy in the corner of the room cackling like a loon while pulling the wings off of butterflies just for jollies. :p

Pretty much all of my characters are Dark 1 - 2 and get on fine with everybody, except maybe Koth. Even Theron approves of pretty much every Dark decision they make other than a select few.

Scourge disapproved of everything my LS knight did lol. I think he'd go well with a DS but logical character. Don't help the weak, kill people who try to kill you or who mess up your plans, sacrifice people, towns, etc...if it suits your greater goal but don't act like an immature nutjob who does things for no reason other than teh evilz!

Edited by Nefla

Scourge disapproved of everything my LS knight did lol. I think he's so well with a DS but logical character. Don't help the weak, kill people who try to kill you or who mess up your plans, sacrifice people, towns, etc...if it suits your greater goal but don't act like an immature nutjob who does things for no reason other than teh evilz!

Like I said, Scourge is Dark, but there are so many degrees. There's a difference between pragmatic Dark and WEEEE CRAZY!

Take Jaesa, for example. If you are playing even a Dark 1 Warrior, she goes from 0 - 60 in no time flat. Complete sociopath. Scourge would probably not have gotten on with someone of her mindset.

Edited by Dracofish

Yea, see my dark Jedi was intelligent dark, not unhinged dark. Scourge respected her. They were a lot alike. Him being an LI would have been great. I figure the only reason the Jedi Council put up with her is because she got things done where they couldn't and it kept their hands clean.

Yea, see my dark Jedi was intelligent dark, not unhinged dark. Scourge respected her. They were a lot alike. Him being an LI would have been great. I figure the only reason the Jedi Council put up with her is because she got things done where they couldn't and it kept their hands clean.

My Knight totally fell, she's a pragmatic Sith in everything but name. She still fights for the Republic, but yup, Sith. And she's totally head over heels in love with Scourge.

Like I said, Scourge is Dark, but there are so many degrees. There's a difference between pragmatic Dark and WEEEE CRAZY!

Take Jaesa, for example. If you are playing even a Dark 1 Warrior, she goes from 0 - 60 in no time flat. Complete sociopath. Scourge would probably not have gotten on with someone of her mindset.

Yeah I feel like there isn't a suitable option for the nutball max DS puppy kicking psychopaths(aside from DS Jaessa from what I've heard but I play my warriors LS or neutral so I never got her) because the love interest would have to be close to the same and that's not a believable or compelling character at all. I think the most DS existing love interests are Andronikos for women and Kaliyo for men but neither is completely nuts like the PC can be.