Theran Shan?

GorkieX

Hopefully things are going to be changed to put us more at ease about the future.

In addition to the hypotheses we've been discussing, we can add on another: not mind control, but just subtle mental manipulation via the Force to heighten Theron's doubts, etc. The guy has some serious issues, particularly over abandonment. His mother abandoned him, his government abandoned him and he may believe that we too shall ultimately abandon him. In terms of game-time, we only recently got him to tell us those three little words, which is a huge step for him. I cried.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully things are going to be changed to put us more at ease about the future.

In addition to the hypotheses we've been discussing, we can add on another: not mind control, but just subtle mental manipulation via the Force to heighten Theron's doubts, etc. The guy has some serious issues, particularly over abandonment. His mother abandoned him, his government abandoned him and he may believe that we too shall ultimately abandon him. In terms of game-time, we only recently got him to tell us those three little words, which is a huge step for him. I cried.

BioWare has this wonderful way of leaving things open to personal interpretation. For me, that's just the first time those three words were said on camera. They really could have been said much sooner.

It's very similar to what was said about the Cullen romance in Dragon Age: Inquisition. People even asked his writer who confirmed that they deliberately left it open for personal "head-canon" interpretation.

Edited by Dracofish

Yeah I feel like there isn't a suitable option for the nutball max DS puppy kicking psychopaths(aside from DS Jaessa from what I've heard but I play my warriors LS or neutral so I never got her) because the love interest would have to be close to the same and that's not a believable or compelling character at all. I think the most DS existing love interests are Andronikos for women and Kaliyo for men but neither is completely nuts like the PC can be.

Jaesa is a nutball, lulz.

I actually am touching on it with my fanfic. It features both my Warrior and Inquisitor (Nox) as main characters, and I've given it a twist where Ashara is being given the task of taking over as Jaesa's Master, because she adjusted from Jedi to Sith very well, whereas Dark Jaesa went nutters. Both my Wrath and Nox are pragmatic Sith...so they're Dark 1 - 2. Ashara and Nox in my game ended up having a great dynamic.

And Andronikos is Dark, but not totally crazy. He has his moments, but yeah he's safe around puppies I think, haha. I think my fic paints an awesome picture of a non-sticky sweet romance between him and Nox. Even though she's also in love with Theron. :/

Edited by Dracofish

Well since it is 4:26 my time (eastern) and Eric posted the last two days around 3 and 4 it may be that it will happen tomorrow.

I'm in Australia and it's around 6:36am Thursday here, so I get to play tomorrow (if released) after work. :cool:

Actually if it was delayed one more day I could play it on the weekend instead of waiting all day. :p

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

BioWare has this wonderful way of leaving things open to personal interpretation. For me, that's just the first time those three words were said on camera. They really could have been said much sooner.

I agree that the line could have been said by our marvelous spy a lot sooner. Best time would have been right when the relationship is resumed since Theron and the Commander are far from strangers.

Sorry, let me rephrase that: they should let ME romance Scourge! <3 T_T

no me.

I agree that the line could have been said by our marvelous spy a lot sooner. Best time would have been right when the relationship is resumed since Theron and the Commander are far from strangers.

I like how it came so late.

I like how he said he was "crazy about you" in that last chapter of Kotfe. You know he was trying to say the other thing. It was so cute. :o

I like how he said he was "crazy about you" in that last chapter of Kotfe. You know he was trying to say the other thing. It was so cute. :o

Yeah, and I like that he says it to your character's retreating back so they can't hear it.

Ugh I'm getting all moody over this betrayal thing again :(

I love how late it was, it just fit for him. Almost like he'd been meaning to actually say those three words for a long time, and how the animations and VA did so great showing how hard it was for him to finally say it <3

I'm not great at relationships, I guess you know that by now

Our dear Theron has abandonment issues. It makes sense for him to be careful and very deliberative concerning affairs of the heart. Telling someone you love them makes you incredibly vulnerable emotionally and opens you up to being put on an emotional high or low depending on the response.

Welp, I actually kind of liked it. Painful for sure but...Theron was WAY overacting, LOL. He didn't even speak to Scorpio or Acina as coldly as he speaks to you during the betrayal scene. And during the holo call, when he says "I love you too, but I can't" -- his voice breaks and he sounds SO sad. There's more to this story, it's so obvious. Oh and he just happens to shoot out the window you escape through when the train crashes? LOL

They also have your character question why he didn't take ALL of the crystals -- my guess is he WANTED the Alliance to get some so they could counteract.

I still think he's a double/triple agent or whatever. He was just SO incredibly off. His voice, body language, everything was just O F F. Until that last moment when he says I love you, that sounded like the real Theron.

Pretty excited to see this play out honestly.

But I do still find it pretty odd that my Jedi, who has always made the honorable choices, who is completely light sided, who does nothing but help people is somehow now a "symbol of oppression" LOL?? That's why I think the order was listening in on the entire thing and he had to overact to make it seem believable.

Edited by CarrieLynne

Seriously guys? I knew this might be possible because of the datamining leak but damn, come on! I mean why the hell does Lana Beniko remain so loyal when she is supposedly Sith? Why do you have to take out the best male romance companion and do him dirty like that? I really don't think much thought was put into this update. I hope you will bring him back without killing his story if he DOES come back. It seems like you attack the possible romanceable gay companions but it's cool to be a lesbian so that is why Lana always gets saved. Not sure if it's just me or if that is what is going on. It's not cool and I'm pretty damn mad. Just like Theron said if we keep pushing we are going to have 100 traitors not just 1. So if you keep messing with those good companions people like you might have a whole loss of players not just a few. I'm not going anywhere but I'm not afraid to say this really sucks. :mad:

Welp, I actually kind of liked it. Painful for sure but...Theron was WAY overacting, LOL. He didn't even speak to Scorpio or Acina as coldly as he speaks to you during the betrayal scene. And during the holo call, when he says "I love you too, but I can't" -- his voice breaks and he sounds SO sad. There's more to this story, it's so obvious. Oh and he just happens to shoot out the window you escape through when the train crashes? LOL

They also have your character question why he didn't take ALL of the crystals -- my guess is he WANTED the Alliance to get some so they could counteract.

I still think he's a double/triple agent or whatever. He was just SO incredibly off. His voice, body language, everything was just O F F. Until that last moment when he says I love you, that sounded like the real Theron.

But I do still find it pretty odd that my Jedi, who has always made the honorable choices, who is completely light sided, who does nothing but help people is somehow now a "symbol of oppression" LOL?? That's why I think the order was listening in on the entire thing and he had to overact to make it seem believable.

Of course there is more to that story. :) I fully expect it to be Jadus return (yes, pls next great villain) and Theron trying to weasel in and out to help us in a chivalric way. Jadus return would be make for a great story. Peace through fear. Or they could blackmail Theron with his mom somehow despite being Jedi and that. As I said it is excellent writing they did, but my char does not live in a vacuum of episodes forgetting the stuff before. I main a Sith Warrior which went already through that odeal of betrayal and even a Sith has a breaking point or a snap off point. :o This is mine. :( My char would have been so paralyzed she would have died there with the voice in her mind screaming: "Again! What the heck is wrong with you!"

To a more humoristic note... did you noticed girls and handfull of male Theron admirers, that the writers seem to believe we can forgive again and again? :) Why is it always us they expect to have that strange need to forgive the betrayals (minus Kaliyo)? :D They had a Sith spy they could have used! :eek: Dont worry boys, we love you but dont overdo it with the requests to our forgive abilities, especially not in RL :p I found that idea crossing my mind funny somehow. Hope I get it along as english is not my native. Please nobody be mad.

Edited by Pliskie

Totally called it after him telegraphing his shiftiness all over Iokath intro. :D Also, calling triple agent gambit now -- he's totally infiltrating whatever cult that dude in the goofy mask belongs to. Still, keeping my Theron-romancing character off Umbarra until I know if choking the bastard + million gazillion bounty puts the damper on romance -it's kind of unbecoming for Darth Imperius to bleat "Bu-bu-bu-but I luv ya...*sniff*..." after such a spectacular dumping, fake or not.

I'm also a little concerned about the future of the character. People will want his head, and if he's made killable, he'll disappear from the story just like Senya, Arcann, Kaliyo, Scorpio...would be pity to lose a Troy Baker character (unless they bring Zenith back. Zenith's more interesting anyway).

P.S.: Fingers crossed he's not made into the operation boss. This is personal.

Edited by krakadyla

Seriously guys? I knew this might be possible because of the datamining leak but damn, come on! I mean why the hell does Lana Beniko remain so loyal when she is supposedly Sith? Why do you have to take out the best male romance companion and do him dirty like that? I really don't think much thought was put into this update. I hope you will bring him back without killing his story if he DOES come back. It seems like you attack the possible romanceable gay companions but it's cool to be a lesbian so that is why Lana always gets saved. Not sure if it's just me or if that is what is going on. It's not cool and I'm pretty damn mad. Just like Theron said if we keep pushing we are going to have 100 traitors not just 1. So if you keep messing with those good companions people like you might have a whole loss of players not just a few. I'm not going anywhere but I'm not afraid to say this really sucks. :mad:

Because the developers think Lana Beniko is awesome, and homosexual/bisexual men are deserving of death and/or traitors who deserve death because they're homosexual/bisexual?

What LGBT actually means to the devs: Lesbian, Great Lesbians, Bisexual Women who are really lesbians, Totally Lesbian.

Edited by vadess

Completely agree. It's pretty obvious that this is not all it seems...at all. He was completely off the entire time, until that last scene on the shuttle. And in the very beginning before you leave for Umbarra.

Why did he not take all the crystals when he told us he was stealing them? Um? Ya, cuz he wanted us to have them.

Why did he blow out the window of the train right as he told us he was crashing it into the mountain? Ya, cuz he wanted us to escape.

I'm also totally calling Lana is in on this. The "hur dur, how could I not know?" comment was so fake.

And I'll just keep repeating myself til i'm blue in the face. Just because they *may* make Theron killable doesn't mean that they'll turn him into a paperweight like all of the other NPC's. Why? Because he's Theron and they've invested more into his character than any other. They could still make him killable and keep his character at the forefront for those who don't kill him.

And really, if you haven't read the book and comics, read them. This is completely within character for him. He's a SPY, guys. An OPERATIVE. Going under cover is what he does. And he needs to keep us in the dark to make it seem real.

Did nobody else get the "I'd do ANYTHING to keep you safe" comment right in the beginning? This is the "ANYTHING." He said it with such weight that it was pretty obvious foreshadowing.

It just sucks that we're going to have to wait months to see a resolution. I feel for any fanfic writers who are current on the game in their stories!

Edited by Dracofish