Theran Shan?

GorkieX

I chose all the negative options with my IA because I want them to break up. I hate repeating LI's, but hey, now I can use her to have fun. If you're in a relationship with him and place a bounty, you get the "I was right" letter and it says nothing about the romance.

Good to know. I'm planning on having my BH go the Emperor route but with more light than dark choices when it comes to ruling anyway; so it wouldn't be too out of character to try and and convince him to return to the Alliance.

I tell you though. At the speed these are being released, I'll just wait until the whole expansion is released before I take any of my toons past KOTET. Better to end their story on a high note than on a cliffhanger.:D

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you though. At the speed these are being released, I'll just wait until the whole expansion is released before I take any of my toons past KOTET. Better to end their story on a high note than on a cliffhanger.:D

Makes me wonder about 5.5 or even 5.6 in regards to how long we'll need to wait, 2,3,4,5 months? I wasn't a big fan of the monthly chapters but looking back it kept the story moving and gave me something to look forward to in-game once a month. I'm going to be very interested in the next road map.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Well, she kinda deserves being the fave wife, considering all the others gave up while she moved heaven and earth to find the outlander.

I never liked her much, until I started a male BH and read Mako's letter... :rolleyes:

So even if I'm an Arcann and Theron girl, I have a lot of respect for Lana. Plus, the amount of romantic interactions she gets are very few compared to Theron's :p so having played both romances, no, I don't think she's the writers' fave at all. I think Theron is (or at least, Theron's romace... by far!)

I have to admit it... when I played her story with my BH, I was suprised. I think she gets 50% less flirt options, and the ones she gets are not as cool as Theron's :cool:

I'd say Theron's not as much writer's pet as shipper's bait. He's got way more romancey schmooze, is often sentimental and (maybe because of that, maybe not) sometimes inconsistent. Whereas Lana has better and more consistent writing about her. And hey, stop comparing her to Liara -- voice acting alone makes her much better. :rak_05:

Anyway, here's hoping they're not resolving this plotline in the very next update. It's got potential. :D

I agree. At least I can crawl back to them and they won't hesitate to rekindle the romance. Unfortunately for one of my characters, she killed her husband. :eek:

I am glad I didn't run all my characters through this expansion now.

I found the female player character romance options rather meh from my point of view, so off hand I'd say you're justified in killing her husband. ;)

I ran 4 characters through KOTFE/KOTET. I ran 2 through Iokath and 1 through Umbara. That's all that will happen until the story is finished and companions are all back or my subscription lapses, whichever occurs first.

So there isn't a different letter if your character romanced him but placed a bounty on him? Damn. That would have worked out pretty well with my BH. Guess I'll just wait for the next update to see if putting a bounty on him nixes any hope of him coming back alive and decide then. :D

Its too bad. He was my highest lvl comp and favorite for this toon. Now I need to pump up another one...:(

My full light side Sith Inquisitor romanced him and made a nice plea. She has every intent on killing him though when she gets her hands on him. That presumes of course: 1. You ever get your hands on him and 2. You're allowed to actually kill him.

From Theron after his betrayal: "I loved you from the moment I saw you and I always will."

That is going to sting for a long time.

Also, many have said what if there was brainwashing going on (like a similar class story many of us played). I thought that at first until I examined the dialog - what was said and how it was said.

dialog on the train - the emotion in his voice - the hate. And if you say I still love you Theron he has this look of temporary sadness before he turns his back on your character and walks away. Plus he tries to kill you. If it wasn't for Lana leaping in front of you with her force barrier up he would have succeeded. So much for love...

IMO, this wasn't a case of brainwashing; it was flat out betrayal.

From Theron after his betrayal: "I loved you from the moment I saw you and I always will."

That is going to sting for a long time.

Also, many have said what if there was brainwashing going on (like a similar class story many of us played). I thought that at first until I examined the dialog - what was said and how it was said.

dialog on the train - the emotion in his voice - the hate. And if you say I still love you Theron he has this look of temporary sadness before he turns his back on your character and walks away. Plus he tries to kill you. If it wasn't for Lana leaping in front of you with her force barrier up he would have succeeded. So much for love...

IMO, this wasn't a case of brainwashing; it was flat out betrayal.

That wasn't a force barrier. Theron switched blasters (you can see it in the scene)...it was a stun round. Then he shot out the window of the train, followed by shooting out the controls to bring the raise shield up...then told the Commander exactly what he was doing, for all intents and purposes telling her to jump. It was all for show. Everything he said was an act for the person(s) listening in. Not to mention that he left the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them...because he wanted the Alliance to have them.

He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all. He had to make it look convincing because he's going undercover infiltrating the Order (my suspicions are on the Order of Zildrog). And Lana is in on it. Why else would she herp-a-derp jump in front of the Commander rather than swat the blast away with her lightsaber? The Commander was left out of the loop because her/his reaction had to be real.

That wasn't a force barrier. Theron switched blasters (you can see it in the scene)...it was a stun round. Then he shot out the window of the train, followed by shooting out the controls to bring the raise shield up...then told the Commander exactly what he was doing, for all intents and purposes telling her to jump. It was all for show. Everything he said was an act for the person(s) listening in. Not to mention that he left the crystals behind when he said he was there to steal them...because he wanted the Alliance to have them.

He wasn't trying to kill the Commander at all. He had to make it look convincing because he's going undercover infiltrating the Order (my suspicions are on the Order of Zildrog). And Lana is in on it. Why else would she herp-a-derp jump in front of the Commander rather than swat the blast away with her lightsaber? The Commander was left out of the loop because her/his reaction had to be real.

The Order of Zildrog makes sense. That uniform the guy was wearing at the end looked very familiar.

I feel like Lana's facial expressions in that scene are enough to really show she didn't know about it - and I think that jumping in front of the Commander was just a split second "I need to protect" sort of thing. Whether you've romanced her or not, she's shown numerous times that she's willing to put her life on the line for the Commander, and that's just another example, IMHO,

The Order of Zildrog makes sense. That uniform the guy was wearing at the end looked very familiar.

Ooooh. I didn't even think about that possibility. I first went with Scions based off the robes, but now that you mention it... They've got the resources AND the motivations to kill the Commander/bring about what they consider to be the apocalypse.

I accept this as canon until I'm proven otherwise. :D

Has anyone heard when the next update will be?

I only heard rumour that the next update is the next 2 operations bosses. Not story. But I read that somewhere a while ago, just before the datamined info of Umbara had been revealed.

I think we have to wait for Keith's roadmap, it won't be next month if the bosses are out next which I'd assume would be a yes. if we're lucky maybe 2-3 months time?

I only heard rumour that the next update is the next 2 operations bosses. Not story. But I read that somewhere a while ago, just before the datamined info of Umbara had been revealed.

I think we have to wait for Keith's roadmap, it won't be next month if the bosses are out next which I'd assume would be a yes. if we're lucky maybe 2-3 months time?

Yeah, based on the time it's taken to release Iokath and then Umbara my guess is like 4+ months but maybe I'll be wrong.

Yeah, based on the time it's taken to release Iokath and then Umbara my guess is like 4+ months but maybe I'll be wrong.

I'm personally hoping that the team is smart enough to release a story part just before they run off to Christmas holidays. So anywhere between 2-4 months. Wishing for 2 story parts by Christmas is probably too much dreaming but still, that'd be perfect for me.. on their current course. Never thought I'd miss their once a month 40min chapter thing from kotFE personally. The last time story was slow release I quit for a year so I had more to do.

Edited by Asmodesu

I'm personally hoping that the team is smart enough to release a story part just before they run off to Christmas holidays. So anywhere between 2-4 months. Wishing for 2 story parts by Christmas is probably too much dreaming but still, that'd be perfect for me.. on their current course. Never thought I'd miss their once a month 40min chapter thing from kotFE personally. The last time story was slow release I quit for a year so I had more to do.

Same here. Problem is that the time between chapter updates has increased; so that makes the content released all that much more important. Here's hoping the road map comes out sooner rather than later and that we'll be getting some reunion news along with it. We're supposed to be getting companions back, not having more taken away.

IMHO that's making everyone even more antsy with this storyline - we don't know when more story will be released. If they could give everyone a timeline, even if it's tentative, it would probably assuage a lot of nerves. Including mine.

My wishlist is that they will put out a new bit of story within a month or two, and then announce a new expansion on the Cantina tour. The fact that they're doing that again this year makes me hopeful that they will have some sort of actual expansion to announce, and getting it out by the holidays would be smart.

Same here. Problem is that the time between chapter updates has increased; so that makes the content released all that much more important. Here's hoping the road map comes out sooner rather than later and that we'll be getting some reunion news along with it. We're supposed to be getting companions back, not having more taken away.

The thing is... while Theron is one of my favourite companions... and I'm really quite miffed about current developments... I will probably be more miffed if this new story is resolved soon before my consular gets more than one companion back. Still absolutely no return news for her, after a much longer wait!

Recently Bioware have been all "oh, we didn't know what we were getting into when took all the companions away - now we just have to get them all back quickly, even if the returns aren't as good as story chapters." And then they devote resources - including cutscenes with voice-acting, and even a new flipping flashpoint - to taking away another companion. Future resources will have to go into returning this companion, presumably also with voice-acted cutscenes (I mean, anything less would be terrible). So if they then make other class companion returns only perfunctory, they'll be on very thin ice. I, and hopefully most other players still waiting for companions, will tell them that they should've used the Umbara resources to make class companion returns better, instead of making more future companion-return work for themselves...

Edited by Estelindis

IMHO that's making everyone even more antsy with this storyline - we don't know when more story will be released. If they could give everyone a timeline, even if it's tentative, it would probably assuage a lot of nerves. Including mine.

My wishlist is that they will put out a new bit of story within a month or two, and then announce a new expansion on the Cantina tour. The fact that they're doing that again this year makes me hopeful that they will have some sort of actual expansion to announce, and getting it out by the holidays would be smart.

Which is exactly why I'm going to wait to play Umbara until it's all resolved. Binge play. I get to enjoy the story without all the angst of waiting between chapters.

Although I respect your opinion on this it doesn't make it right that he did these things. And your forgetting his set up on Iokath. It wasn't just your character's life he has put in harm's way. He was taking a gamble that no one would die, which didn't work out well for him on Iokath.

Although I respect your opinion on this it doesn't make it right that he did these things. And your forgetting his set up on Iokath. It wasn't just your character's life he has put in harm's way. He was taking a gamble that no one would die, which didn't work out well for him on Iokath.

I never said he was right. I'm just saying that he had no intention of killing the Commander. Folks seem to assume that he's just all of a sudden gone mustache twirly villain and he now hates the Commander and everything he's fought side by side with us for. But that's not the case.

Time and time again Theron has proven that he goes off half-cocked, taking matters into his own hands, and doesn't think things through before jumping. His plans have a tendency to go sideways.

Did he make a dumb decision? Yup. Is he being an idiot? Yup. It all fits his character and his past actions (throughout Annihilation and the Lost Suns and Ziost). But a traitor in the literal sense? No.

Also, he may have been involved with Iokath, but I'm thinking that was a giant failure on his part. Even there he was attempting to stage a show to get on the in with the Order, and he failed...which is why he had to try again (with Umbara...the creepy masked guy even said as much). I'm thinking he wasn't the one in charge, and things went sideways (as per usual with him). I'm absolutely sure he wasn't planning on his father going whackadoo (if you went Imp). He had to make a choice to back the Commander there or maintain his cover...and he chose the former because his hand was forced. And then with the throne, he saves the Commander's life (technically) by interrupting the connection before the throne turned his/her brain to apple pie. Again, wise choices on his part? Nopers. But he's looking at "the ends justify the means."

In the case of a romanced Theron, you have to look at it from his perspective. He's been thrown away by everybody in his life (first his mother, then Master Zho, then the Jedi, and then is father on Iokath). Now he has someone he loves. More than life itself. Literally. Abandonment issues are a ***** to deal with. It's not surprising that he would do really stupid stuff to protect that person if he felt like he/she was in danger, even if that meant losing that person's trust forever. He'd rather have his love hate him than be dead. It's not exactly a healthy way of thinking, and I love love love that BioWare has given us a storyline that isn't all rainbows and kittens, they've given us a main romance character with trust issues, fear of abandonment, and I'd venture to say codependent tendencies. Life is messy. People do stupid stuff. It would be unrealistic and boring if everything just went perfect in the romance department.

Edited by Dracofish

I don't think the Commander was 'saved' by Theron in Iokath, during that electrocution. I think that electrocution was how they were planning to sacrifice the Commander to Tyth - fry them like the Iokath-person on the other throne but the Commander managed to survive it. the glitch showing the "scion" looking robe looks exactly like the one that masked guy is wearing at the end of Umbara so my asusmption is it was a member of the Order that sabotaged the throne causing the electrocution of the Commander. I also still do not believe Theron knew the entire plan on Iokath, only had little bits and that was solely perhaps "make sure the Commander is on the planet" and think he was still trying to get details, so took a risk. It backfired, he was shifty the entire time on Iokath but come Umbara he's set on what he believes he needs to do, and that is to become a member of this Order rather then a "third party" as he can't let that almost death to the Commander on Iokath happen again.

This is if playing the undercover role

Edited by Asmodesu

In the case of a romanced Theron, you have to look at it from his perspective. He's been thrown away by everybody in his life (first his mother, then Master Zho, then the Jedi, and then is father on Iokath). Now he has someone he loves. More than life itself. Literally. Abandonment issues are a ***** to deal with. It's not surprising that he would do really stupid stuff to protect that person if he felt like he/she was in danger, even if that meant losing that person's trust forever. He'd rather have his love hate him than be dead. It's not exactly a healthy way of thinking, and I love love love that BioWare has given us a storyline that isn't all rainbows and kittens, they've given us a main romance character with trust issues, fear of abandonment, and I'd venture to say codependent tendencies. Life is messy. People do stupid stuff. It would be unrealistic and boring if everything just went perfect in the romance department.

Totally agree with everything here, makes me feel horrible for poor Theron, one of those you have to hurt the person you love to protect them trope.

This is if playing the undercover role

Even though everything I believe points to Theron being a double (triple?) agent, if this isn't true and he just betrayed us....well let's just say I'll be very angry to put it lightly. ;)

On 5.5, I really, really hope they're not going to make us wait 4+ months for another small slice of story, don't think I'll be able to wait such long periods of time if this is how it's going to be from now on with only 2 or 3 (small) story updates a year.

Even though everything I believe points to Theron being a double (triple?) agent, if this isn't true and he just betrayed us....well let's just say I'll be very angry to put it lightly. ;)

On 5.5, I really, really hope they're not going to make us wait 4+ months for another small slice of story, don't think I'll be able to wait such long periods of time if this is how it's going to be from now on with only 2 or 3 (small) story updates a year.

*has already sharpened some pitchforks and set up torches for the possibility of that happening*

And likewise here, last time I had to quit the game for a year just to have stuff to do. So I purposely skipped SoR release, and came back for KotFE and had so much to do, plus the constant monthly releases for ages of stuff, even the starfortresses made me happy xD

I played straight and subbed since a week prior to KotFE's early access to subs release. Been a long run and this is the first time I've sat around being bored, well that was jsut prior to Umbara release.

Now I'm all "do I want to stop playing, and wait for content to actually finish coming out or keep decorating my strongholds and running heroics?"

I'm like 99.9999% with a bar over it sure it won't come to that. Even without looking at all the obvious overacting and things just adding up perfectly for the Commander to escape (and Theron not stealing the crystals because he really wanted the Alliance to have them so they could secure Iokath), I've seen tweets from writers that should make you feel a lot better about stuff. I can send you the links if you'd like.

I would like to believe that it wasn't Theron setting things up on his own on Iokath, that really what he said in the FP was an act. I find it hard to grasp that he'd want his father dead and all that. I think he was a 3rd party there and things just got blown way out of control (thanks to Malcolm or Acina, depending on who you go with).

Edited by Dracofish