Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The combat in the FP was insane lag...brand new 8-core system w/ 1080TI and I play the game at 3440 x 1440 with everything balls to the wall and ReShade and I still get 60fps. Combat on the train? 22... :/

I had this fps problem in just story mode, first time through. lots of lag for half the flashpoint, and stutters. I decided I'm not putting up with that in a group until it steadies out..

Been rambling my extended thoughts on this all day. I tried to stick my pessimist side into the corner for a while, but bear with me. Just my own thoughts here, rambled mess, hopefully without so much pessimism xD

Gone over 3 versions of recording the story scenes now, that's a lot of heartbreak but I managed it haha.

I think the Umbara story was full of half-truths, vagueness and some overacting. It's obvious the Order guys were monitoring Theron, they asked him to do something specific for proof of his wish to join them being real.

Iokath:

He seems a bit shifty, shady, it's like he knows only parts of what is happening here, he may not have known all the details that time around and he wasn't the one in charge of that plan. He was but one part of the Order's plans for that trap with the throne for the super weapon perhaps.

Umbara:

I think he had orders from the Order to pull off something specific on Umbara, and he did just that. This time around he was in on the full plan there, possibly unlike Iokath.

He has a point about the Alliance, either way he says it. Whether it's the dark side conquer everything Commander version, or light sided peace Commander version - both speeches had good points about the Alliance. Not every word, but a couple of good points. I do not believe his issue, if real here not faked, is with the Commander. Only with the Alliance as a whole faction.

I do believe he truly loves a romanced Commander, and there was not one lie about that, I put my original thought of one sole line on just how I reacted to voice acting, it was 2am so give me a free pass on that one. :p

Theron doesn't risk ending that romance until the very last minute when his traitor part is revealed, shown by how he's acting before you head to Umbara in that scene, I think that was done like it was for that purpose.

I saw no swapping guns during any of those scenes. The one he stunned Lana with was the same one he always uses in my cutscenes with him. Though he obviously set it to stun when firing that first time, since it.. well.. stunned. The window he shoots, and where it shatters, is directly behind my character as she ducks in all 3 characters I played through and before she can retaliate, or think of it, he shoots the console to get the shield up. I'm, not going to overanalyse, just mentioning what I saw. Obviously he chose to use stun, he may have chosen to miss or the miss was accidental either way I liked how some of that scene played out.

Two force users (Lana and player character) can point out how blind they were to the traitor. With a romanced Sith the emotions may have clouded the other sensed motivations. However the way I played my sith warrior she had doubts, she accused him of being the traitor on Iokath, yet her feelings likely clouded those doubts as well, so sensed something but it was murky and not as clear as it could have been, so come Umbara it was a bit of a shock but I love how the VA portrayed my sith warrior even then. Calm, not shrill, whiny, sad or even surprised or angry. Just par of course for a Sith, she just asked if he had ever loved her, discussed the situation and he left.

I'm not a big Lana fan, only my consular ever romanced hr but he's still in KotFE. but I loved how concerned she's always been for my main character, and continues that through the ambient dialogue in that flashpoint.I do like how she seems close to my character, and I believe she feels a force connection with the pc (and Arcann joins this after his letter <3 ) whether romanced or not but only mentions it if flirting in SoR. I don't have to choose all of my character's friends and that one was just story pushed but I'm ok with it.,

"Commander... are you alright? I know this must be hitting you especially hard."

Adegan crystals? yup my character even questions why he left it to Lana while they're running around. Was curious too, and a get speculation point when added to everything else.

L "I'm picking up high energy readings near the wreckage. the Adegan crystals, maybe?"

C "So Theron didn't take the whole shipment. Why?"

Now I've read the novel and comic series with him in it and one line was very out of character, and may have been one of that overacting part, rather then half-truths, I mentioned. Where he says millions of lives was fine if it led to peace. He has never, to my knowledge, accepted the loss of innocent/civilian lives in any of the media set around him.

Depending on how fast they rush through this arc, or how well they write it and rationalise it, it could end either excellently, or so poorly I'll quit forever. Time will tell. This was just part 2 of the arc, and we have no idea how much more there is to go before it wraps up. I agree we don't have the entire story, I do not think it will end well is all.

My Inquisitor was pretty heartbroken by the whole thing, outside of Talos, he was probably the only other person my Inquisitor had trusted enough to reveal information about his past and this was like a blow to the gut for him. I've played through it twice now, both light-sided characters, one romance and one not and it really does feel like a ploy, albeit a terrible one.

Either Theron has either become a bad shot, or he shot that window on purpose so they could escape. No one so convinced that killing their lover is the right thing to do would look like such a sad, kicked puppy whilst doing it. My heart hurt for both of them.

I hate the stupid twist, I hate that it'll likely come with a kill option people will crow about and thus have Theron join Koth in being m/m and f/m options that have gotten completely screwed over. I really don't want them to drag this out forever. As it is, my desire to continue with a new alt that isn't even romancing him, has been zapped. He's just stuck on Corellia for now, and I have no desire to take any other characters through the flashpoint until at least their companions start returning or we get more story. The stupid twist took away any want to continue with alts right now. :(

Also I had terrible fps issues on the train along with a bit of weird motion sickness from the movement combined with the whooshing feeling on screen. That first boss fight was a nightmare because of the lag, my abilities not going off, etc. The latter part off the flashpoint was fine, but I was only getting like 38-40 fps on the train part.

Edited by Farferello

I had this fps problem in just story mode, first time through. lots of lag for half the flashpoint, and stutters. I decided I'm not putting up with that in a group until it steadies out..

I only play in story mode, so I was alone. I think it was all the crazy particle effects...particularly those stupid turrets.

I just canceled my subscription for the first time since I started playing back in early 2012. I have 18 days left on my subscription so I guess that means I'll be able to keep talking to you guys for 18 days. If they decide to refocus on SP story I'll be back and I'll come chat with you guys about the next small Iokath/Umbara type update which will probably be around Christmas if the time between Iokath and Umbara is an indication. What do you guys think, should I give away all my stuff and credits to newblets on the starting worlds or should I hoard it in case things change?

I just canceled my subscription for the first time since I started playing back in early 2012. I have 18 days left on my subscription so I guess that means I'll be able to keep talking to you guys for 18 days. If they decide to refocus on SP story I'll be back and I'll come chat with you guys about the next small Iokath/Umbara type update which will probably be around Christmas if the time between Iokath and Umbara is an indication. What do you guys think, should I give away all my stuff and credits to newblets on the starting worlds or should I hoard it in case things change?

Hang on to it. I'm pretty disappointed in this Umbara fiasco, but I'm clinging to hope that this will build up to something bigger in the near future.

If you save your stuff, you get to jump back in on it.

Or, if you have any lightsabers you want to donate, Dominus Malumruiz is always happy to accept!

Let's hope for the best in this. But Theran is soooo dead.

Awwwww Nefla!! Hang onto your things, you never know!

I ran through this with my Trooper who did not romance Theron. She waited for her husband to come back. I found it interesting the letter Aric Jorgen sent her after all this was over. He was very consoling and it was reassuring to my character. I really liked the letter from Arcann. That guy has made a complete turn around in his personality. No wonder people have a thread wanting a romance with him.

As for the letter from Theron, depending on your speech at the end (mine was the peaceful come back to us speech) you can sense he is not happy with the choice to betray you. He also is vague enough for me to think his actions are being monitored. My friend who plays a counselor was pissed and chose to put a bounty on Theron's head. I thought it was pretty funny being the Barsenthor of the Jedi order to do that. Theron's letter to him was filled with more anger. I thought it was lame that Theron says I've hunted people like you my whole life". Really Theron?? Maybe the Jedi as been pure light side the entire time and now the ultimate betrayal causes him or her to actually show emotion. You can't expect people who have spent years becoming close to you, Theron, to not be upset in the slightest over what you have done. But hey you just keep on hunting people who disagree with your philosophy even in the slightest...

Edited by Swingkittie

To be save within spoilers:

So I don't think this was really face value of Theron - others have brought up very good points but additionally, I don't see him even if you play dark side to risk Lana's and your life, especially if romanced. Even after shooting his dad he is like "I can't live without you". He never showed any sign of this anger and now directly jumps to trying to get the alliance and the commander killed? And even saying if millions die it is worth the cost? This is either bad writing or out of character for him or him playing a scene. And light side it doesn't make sense at all for him to respond in such a way.

I do wonder about Tyths line in war of iokath about the hope eroding - but we don't know where he got his information from, maybe not mind reading but directly communication and maybe Theron told him this or something like that.

I really would like to know more about what his role was during war of iokath.

Edited by Cawyden

I ran through this with my Trooper who did not romance Theron. She waited for her husband to come back. I found it interesting the letter Aric Jorgen sent her after all this was over. He was very consoling and it was reassuring to my character. I really liked the letter from Arcann. That guy has made a complete turn around in his personality. No wonder people have a thread wanting a romance with him. ...

You might want to put it in spoiler tags.

Anyway, it seems there are three letters from Theron: one for the bounty, one if you are in romance with him and choose the friendly option and one if you are not in a romance with him but choose the friendly option. I guess they think people putting a bounty on his head play normally dark side which is why they put the "I hunted people like you.." line in it but it doesn't fit a character that was completely light side and now just choose the bounty hunter option.

I agree with it your point that he seems to be monitored. Otherwise he wouldn't have to get us this hate speech in the train - and I found it pretty intense from him. Has he ever been so hateful to anyone? And it would explain why he couldn't speak with us about this.

Edited by Cawyden

what do you mean snail the traitor plot was introduce last story line and the very next one they reveal it and who they're working for if anything they need to slow down there going past these plots points so fast.

I meant as slowly as they are releasing new content. The last time they did the chapter thing they released a few at a time and it felt faster. Maybe it's just been so long since we got anything new that it feels that way to me. I've gotten use to running the whole thing at once. Patience is NOT one of my virtues :D

I meant as slowly as they are releasing new content. The last time they did the chapter thing they released a few at a time and it felt faster. Maybe it's just been so long since we got anything new that it feels that way to me. I've gotten use to running the whole thing at once. Patience is NOT one of my virtues :D

That was when they released an entire expansion. These are just updates. For which, this could be leading into a new expansion for all we know. A new roadmap should be out in a few weeks from what I've heard.

I don't quite see it this way. Bioware already have a lot on their plate with the need to return class companions who still aren't back. For them to then create plot that takes away another companion seems really counterproductive to that... Seems to me like it slows down the other things they need to do even more.

This. Give us the missing companions back now. Then deal with Theron's storyline. At the rate they're going the license from LucasArts will expire before the companions are back and there's no likely resolutions to the Theron storyline for at least another year or two. The whole KOTFE/KOTET fallout has been very bad for the game imo.

How bad is it that my workplace is going to be entirely shut down tomorrow and they're telling everyone to stay in their homes due to winds, storming and flooding from hurricane Harvey and all I can think about is grumping about Theron and my disappointment with this update. If I die, I'm haunting you BioWare.

Anyway, it seems there are three letters from Theron: one for the bounty, one if you are in romance with him and choose the friendly option and one if you are not in a romance with him but choose the friendly option. I guess they think people putting a bounty on his head play normally dark side which is why they put the "I hunted people like you.." line in it but it doesn't fit a character that was completely light side and now just choose the bounty hunter option.

I agree with it your point that he seems to be monitored. Otherwise he wouldn't have to get us this hate speech in the train - and I found it pretty intense from him. Has he ever been so hateful to anyone? And it would explain why he couldn't speak with us about this.

yea well sometimes posting from a phone isn't always the best way :rolleyes:

And yes intense hate speech is the word. I thought I missed something on my trooper. There was commotion and noise in the background of my home. Someone was on the phone, I was getting distracted, the next thing Theron in on some speeder and I am wondering what I missed. Then I played it again on a character that romanced him so I saw what you were talking about. :p

This. Give us the missing companions back now. Then deal with Theron's storyline. At the rate they're going the license from LucasArts will expire before the companions are back and there's no likely resolutions to the Theron storyline for at least another year or two. The whole KOTFE/KOTET fallout has been very bad for the game imo.

I agree. At least I can crawl back to them and they won't hesitate to rekindle the romance. Unfortunately for one of my characters, she killed her husband. :eek:

I am glad I didn't run all my characters through this expansion now.

Lana is the liara of swtor.. Never going to lose her.

She'll also be like Leliana in that you can't kill her, even if you thought you did (Which you could apparently do in DA:O).

When Lana was first introduced in SoR, I kind of liked her. She was interesting. But the blatant favoritism and plot armor she's given totally overshadows whatever interesting bits of character she might have. Now I'm just gunning for the day that she, too, might be able to be shot because I'm just tired of her.

Strangely enough though, if/when that option comes up (which it never will because, "LOL, it's LANA!") I probably wouldn't actually do it. I'll just be grimly satisfied that it's an option.

I like Lana well enough (I'm a cosplayer and am partway through building her KOTFE gear. By the way, her hair is a ***** to try and replicate on someone who's got naturally dark brown hair. Ergh, trying to wig match from different graphics options...), but she's never been my favourite. I was looking for Theron from the minute my main woke up from carbonite until she saw him on Odessen, and I'm mad as hell that he A- never got as much of a prominent role as an NPC companion except for the infiltration of Vaylin's palace and B- the one time he does THIS HAPPENS.

I'm so mad that I have to influence-level-up Lana and Arcann now.

But all isn't lost! First up...

He's still on Odessen in the command centre! In the sexy as hell outfit I gave him! Weirdly enough, T7-01 isn't there though. 0.o

http://i.imgur.com/n4cYxIj.png

Second, for those of you who put him as a deco in your strongholds... he's still there.

http://i.imgur.com/00unqbH.png

And NAKED. :D

So there isn't a different letter if your character romanced him but placed a bounty on him? Damn. That would have worked out pretty well with my BH. Guess I'll just wait for the next update to see if putting a bounty on him nixes any hope of him coming back alive and decide then. :D

Its too bad. He was my highest lvl comp and favorite for this toon. Now I need to pump up another one...:(

Edited by Venn_Dras

So there isn't a different letter if your character romanced him but placed a bounty on him? Damn. That would have worked out pretty well with my BH. Guess I'll just wait for the next update to see if putting a bounty on him nixes any hope of him coming back alive and decide then. :D

Its too bad. He was my highest lvl comp and favorite for this toon. Now I need to pump up another one...:(

I chose all the negative options with my IA because I want them to break up. I hate repeating LI's, but hey, now I can use her to have fun. If you're in a relationship with him and place a bounty, you get the "I was right" letter and it says nothing about the romance.

Pretty much, writers' pet and favourite waifu, she won't get a scratch, let alone an unspeakable betrayal

Well, she kinda deserves being the fave wife, considering all the others gave up while she moved heaven and earth to find the outlander.

I never liked her much, until I started a male BH and read Mako's letter... :rolleyes:

So even if I'm an Arcann and Theron girl, I have a lot of respect for Lana. Plus, the amount of romantic interactions she gets are very few compared to Theron's :p so having played both romances, no, I don't think she's the writers' fave at all. I think Theron is (or at least, Theron's romace... by far!)

I have to admit it... when I played her story with my BH, I was suprised. I think she gets 50% less flirt options, and the ones she gets are not as cool as Theron's :cool: