Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If nothing else, if the thread gets deleted we can make another one with Theron's name spelled right :D

I've always wished someone just would, gnaw my teeth every time I see the thread title with a name spelled incorrectly, or the character names spelled incorrectly anywhere on the forum really.

ugh yes, that! Theron/Theran/Tharan/Theren set (2 companions there btw), Victor/Vector, Vaylin, Senya... I've even seen a butchered Lana (as Lane)... how?!?

Names I can see getting butchered when someone is in a rush. The one that gnashes my teeth is "rouge" instead of "rogue." But then, no one has ever spelled my real name right, and many can't pronounce it just reading it so I don't have a thing about names being perfect while growing up with my own name being butchered all my life :D

Edited by deFafnyr

Names I can see getting butchered when someone is in a rush. The one that gnashes my teeth is "rouge" instead of "rogue." But then, no one has ever spelled my real name right, and many can't pronounce it just reading it so I don't have a thing about names being perfect while growing up with my own name being butchered all my life :D

Yeah I grew up with everyone butchering my name too, but I'm the opposite in that frustrated me so much, I did care. It's more that the names are everywhere, not hard to spot correct spelling, especially when it's Theron Shan or Tharan Cedrax, getting them mispelled causes confusion sometimes because the names are so similar.

I don't get irrationally grumpy over much, but character names when the name is written all through the game or book set that irritation off . lmao

If there wasn't companion screen, subtitles, name tags and codex everywhere for the names I'd let it slide more xD

Edited by Asmodesu

And now for some random fun!

I made Theron into a Sim:

http://i.imgur.com/2rIwEAK.png

http://i.imgur.com/EkBFWe4.png

(I'm not good at/lack the patience for good Sim face sculpting. I go for "General" and try to make up for it with their hair and clothes. That is what I had on hand for him.)

Anyway, I moved him in with Vector!Sim and Zissler (my agent) Sim.

I don't play with them. No. Instead I have them as neighbors for the Sims I actually DO play and invite them to parties and stuff. And I watch them go about their lives as NPCs. They're hilarious.

Anyway, for more random fun, I had my Sim invite the SWTOR household to one of her many parties. It was a costume party. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THEY RANDOMLY WEAR FOR THAT!

This was the result:

Theron: "Wait a minute...did you guys just screw me over?"

http://i.imgur.com/X6xYsiQ.png

Theron: "Yeah, you all could have told me that we were ALL doing space suits. Instead I'm in this..."

Vector: *loudly exclaiming how much he likes the cheesecake he stole from the fridge instead of eating the food that was placed out for the party*

http://i.imgur.com/RZFp5dF.png

Theron: "And, hey, now there's Vector dancing to the 'Song of the Universe.' Outstanding.

http://i.imgur.com/X5AtB3j.png

Yeah, everyone showed up wearing basically the same costume. But not Theron. Nope.

Super dumb, I know, but watching them always makes me laugh and I thought I'd share.

Edited by AngFour

And now for some random fun!

I made Theron into a Sim:

http://i.imgur.com/2rIwEAK.png

http://i.imgur.com/EkBFWe4.png

(I'm not good at/lack the patience for good Sim face sculpting. I go for "General" and try to make up for it with their hair and clothes. That is what I had on hand for him.)

Anyway, I moved him in with Vector!Sim and Zissler (my agent) Sim.

I don't play with them. No. Instead I have them as neighbors for the Sims I actually DO play and invite them to parties and stuff. And I watch them go about their lives as NPCs. They're hilarious.

Anyway, for more random fun, I had my Sim invite the SWTOR household to one of her many parties. It was a costume party. I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER WHAT THEY RANDOMLY WEAR FOR THAT!

This was the result:

Theron: "Wait a minute...did you guys just screw me over?"

http://i.imgur.com/X6xYsiQ.png

Theron: "Yeah, you all could have told me that we were ALL doing space suits. Instead I'm in this..."

Vector: *loudly exclaiming how much he likes the cheesecake he stole from the fridge instead of eating the food that was placed out for the party*

http://i.imgur.com/RZFp5dF.png

Theron: "And, hey, now there's Vector dancing to the 'Song of the Universe.' Outstanding.

http://i.imgur.com/X5AtB3j.png

Yeah, everyone showed up wearing basically the same costume. But not Theron. Nope.

Super dumb, I know, but watching them always makes me laugh and I thought I'd share.

That's actually pretty darn delightful and cheered me up a little :D

That's actually pretty darn delightful and cheered me up a little :D

To further your amusement I like to try and figure out what possessed him to buy/rent the hot dog outfit in the first place (as a character. Like I said, with Sims it's random). Like there he is at the costume shop. He's mulling over what the most perfect costume would be for this party at his new neighbor's house. He wants to make an impression. A good one. Vector and Zissler won't tell him what they're wearing, but he KNOWS that they have costumes.* A LOT of weird costumes. Costumes that he really doesn't want to truly think about WHY they'd own them.

Anyway. Yeah. Costume. Oh, sure, he could wear the clown suit, but that's just silly. Spacesuit? Nah, too predictable. Cliche even.

And then he sees it. LO AND BEHOLD THE MOST PERFECT COSTUME EVER! The hot dog suit. It's bold. It's daring. It screams his name, "Theron! Theron! Theron! You'll be awesome in this!" And so he rushes to the cash register with it clutched to his chest, glaring at anyone who DARES look at it with lust in their eyes. It's his. HIS! IT'S HIS PREEEEECIOOOOUSSSSSS.

That's how I imagine it anyway :D

*(Before I moved Theron into their apartment, Vector and Zissler would be disruptive. It's one of the apartment mechanics in the Sims 4. Well, you can tell what kind of "annoying noise" they're making by the symbols coming from their door. Music notes and muffled music for loud music. &*^*%* and muffled arguing. And then...then there's the giggling and moaning with hearts coming from the door for loud "WooHooing," THAT'S what they ALWAYS did. So my Sim would pound on their door to complain about the noise. And one of them would answer in...a doctor's outfit? But Vector's in the political career? Zissler in a maid outfit? But she's in the Secret Agent career and...oh. Ohhhhhhh. OMG, HAHAHAHA! It was hilarious. Now they don't do that as much now that Theron's living with them. Now they just have loud music in what sounds like a party that my Sim wasn't invited to. Quite rude of them, to be honest :D :D )

If nothing else, if the thread gets deleted we can make another one with Theron's name spelled right :D

gosh darn, I've known about this thread for months and never noticed. -_-

edit: and I don't know how long they've been changing the real gd to "gosh darn" lmao. I feel like a newbie around here, dad burnit!

Edited by Ralei

Hello all, looking for some help, if anyone can offer it?

I am extremely disappointed with where it looks like things are headed when Umbara comes out next tuesday, as I noticed are a lot of you. Hoping it doesn't go that way, but, yeah.

Anyway, my subscription was going to renew 2 days before the update, and well, I figured the best way to express my disappointment to the company was not to renew. But that means I am going to lose access to these forums, just when I'm going to want to be on them the most. Does anyone know of another place I can go to to get, well, support? My RL friends all think I'm crazy for getting upset about the possible developments going on in the game. Of course, none of them play.

Hoping it's all a lie and I can resub wednesday, or they at least 'fix' it all in story updates and I can resub in a few months.

You can still read the posts, you just can't post not sure that will help you.

I'm imagining the Alliance Base on Odesson as a Sims game, with no obvious bathrooms our Alliance Sims aren't in for a good time. :p

You just described my Murder Box and I wouldn't DREAM of putting Theron in it!

*COUGH*

I MEAN YEAH *shifty eyes*

I always had the same problem growing up with my real name. At least until a certain movie came out with a character that shared my name....with an iconic scene featuring the name. After that, all I had to do was tell people "Like in the ____ movie". Of course, then I had people constantly spouting the movie quote at me. That got old really fast. :rolleyes:

I always had the same problem growing up with my real name. At least until a certain movie came out with a character that shared my name....with an iconic scene featuring the name. After that, all I had to do was tell people "Like in the ____ movie". Of course, then I had people constantly spouting the movie quote at me. That got old really fast. :rolleyes:

Make me a third. On top of it all... my name is also a meme (Felicia). So I totally understand getting sick of hearing that stuff. 'Bye Felicia' got really old after the 3rd time.

It gets butchered really easily, too. Not sure why :p

Anyway... I'm NOT happy about anything I've read. It's funny because I resubbed before I did any light reddit reading, and found out about 20 minutes after. And that's what I do, anyway... resub for the updates, then just cancel it.

Make me a third. On top of it all... my name is also a meme (Felicia). So I totally understand getting sick of hearing that stuff. 'Bye Felicia' got really old after the 3rd time.

Anyway... I'm NOT happy about anything I've read. It's funny because I resubbed before I did any light reddit reading, and found out about 20 minutes after. And that's what I do, anyway... resub for the updates, then just cancel it.

Felicia. Felucia. Close enough, amirite?

Yeah... close enough for the jokes. I get it quite a bit :p I wouldn't have gotten it so fast if I hadn't seen TCW though. Featured pretty heavily a few times.

I also think it was the planet Aayla Secura was killed on.

Myess. I only know it from Ep. III anyway, lol. Didn't see watch CW

Myess. I only know it from Ep. III anyway, lol. Didn't see watch CW

You should give it a try :) I avoided it for years because I thought it was going to be a dumb kid's show (and the first season didn't do much to prove me wrong) but with season 2 I really got hooked, it ended up being fantastic and spawning some of my favorite Star Wars characters and favorite versions of existing characters (Anakin, Obi-Wan, all of the clone troopers, etc...even Padme was way better). They had the whole series on Netflix (which I didn't know when I bought all the seasons, d'oh!) I'm not sure if they still do.

I just get "Yo Adrienne!" ALL.The.Time. :-p

I'm not getting too worked-up about it just yet. I'm curious to see where they go with it. And, honestly, that's one of the thing I love about Bioware sometimes....that they're not afraid to completely turn your world upside-down.

And, if I don't like how it goes...well, that's why I write fanfic: to "fix" everything that I didn't like/didn't make sense to me in the game. :) So, crazy plot twists just give me more writing fodder.

My first name is common enough and doesn't have any huge pop culture/media reference so I'm safe there, but my last name is butchered so much that I actually was contemplating getting it legally changed when I was younger. I just couldn't stand hearing it mispronounced all the time. I got over it, but I'm still always really shocked when anyone gets it right on the first try. Basically the only people who do get it right are those from the language/country where the surname originated.

If anyone follows the official SWTOR twitter be careful as their new post on the "traitor" has some people posting major spoilers in the comments if you want to avoid them.

I am far too ranty for twitter ^_^'