Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually did like how Theron wasn't like "Haha, all our friendship/love was just a lie." At least that's that.

But still, I can see the meltdown has started among many people here. Delicious.

Oh I'm sure plenty will take this at face value rather than seeing an interwoven story. Like it's so out of scope for a spy to be a spy and do spy things.

I went into this with a 'pub Knight Commander (not Empress) who sided with the Republic on Iokath. It's pretty ding dang dayum obvious that Theron was just putting on a show for whoever was watching so he could get in the door.

Why is he blaming the outlander for something HE DID? because HE started the Iokath war. As Tyth said:

‘The rage in your shadow. The traitor.‘ ‘You are betrayed.‘

‘One marked by anger. Pain. Hope eroding.‘

‘The Betrayer lured you to Iokath. Ignited war. Sparked the engines of rage, envy, passion, hate, sorrow‘.

‘The betrayer now offers you: sacrifice prime. Fuel for the six gods.’

I don't know... there are many things I don't understand.

I think since the begin of this hole traitor arc back in the last story there waning to finally do stuff with Theran and his hole family there were hints that Satele could be coming back so i think there going to put a lot of focuses on his hole family dynamic witch i think its kinda funny that it has taken this long to get to it tho it is weird they let us kill his dad so soon with little interaction between them.

Well at least you can get him back from the terminal, so not all is completely lost. lol BRIGHT SIDE PEOPLE.

I have 2 main thoughts:

1) I think it's too early to claim there's some kind of discrimination going on here against women and gay men. I think we need to wait until this wraps up. It could be a terrific story arc for our favorite man. Yes, it sucks that we're going to have to wait soooooo long and that's more a consequence of real life limitations, not the story itself.

Think about what it would be like if this was Lana. If Lana were revealed to be the traitor but she ended up actually saving the galaxy instead and got a huge, heroic montage and a million kissy lovey scenes, I'd be JEALOUS AF. There'd be a million posts about how Lana was the developer favorite and of course she saved the galaxy and of course they wrote a million scenes with her in it. Let's just all simmer down a bit.

2) There's no doubt in my mind this is a ploy to get into The Order of Shady People. I feel like almost every scene telegraphed it.

-Yes, I was looking for it, because I'm a sad sap, but from the first big "I'D DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Shall I say it again?"

-Then when he shoots at you the first time and Lana jumps in front, it was some electrical stun, not a blaster bolt.

-He shoots the train window out. He says he knows this wont kill you.

-His speech was the lulz. I wanted a *clap* option for that. Bravo.

-He left all the damn crystals just laying around.

-The end when the Shady Guy says "Okay that was your initiation." Guys. come on.

3) Okay there were three things. I REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want him to be killable at the end. I'm like 98% sure this is a ploy and he'll get the opportunity to explain himself to those of us with twitchy lightning chokey fingers, but that small chance that they'll write in an option to kill him for lying has me really scared. I feel like if they do all this to set him up as a hero and then still give him the option to be killed, it would all be for naught.

Omg i had another scary thought. What if he's definitely the hero, but they're planning to kill him off in a spectacular and heroic way? I'm going to go drink now. >.>

I hope that the "double agent" explanation (Theron trying to infiltrate this "Order" thing) is true. Because while him betraying my chars (both LS Sith) made some limited sense, as they support the Empire and killed his father, for many others it didn't and most of what he said was just over-the-top ********.

Also good job achieving "peace" by provoking a full-scale war on Iokath, I'm sure that will help with everything. If it's not a ruse it's some of the worst writing ever. :p

Totally called it after him telegraphing his shiftiness all over Iokath intro. :D Also, calling triple agent gambit now -- he's totally infiltrating whatever cult that dude in the goofy mask belongs to. Still, keeping my Theron-romancing character off Umbarra until I know if choking the bastard + million gazillion bounty puts the damper on romance -it's kind of unbecoming for Darth Imperius to bleat "Bu-bu-bu-but I luv ya...*sniff*..." after such a spectacular dumping, fake or not.

I'm also a little concerned about the future of the character. People will want his head, and if he's made killable, he'll disappear from the story just like Senya, Arcann, Kaliyo, Scorpio...would be pity to lose a Troy Baker character (unless they bring Zenith back. Zenith's more interesting anyway).

P.S.: Fingers crossed he's not made into the operation boss. This is personal.

When I did the dark side option (with my finger on the escape) with my sorceress all that is done is a bounty put on him but no choking as far as I know atm.

Well at least you can get him back from the terminal, so not all is completely lost. lol BRIGHT SIDE PEOPLE.

Think about what it would be like if this was Lana. If Lana were revealed to be the traitor but she ended up actually saving the galaxy instead and got a huge, heroic montage and a million kissy lovey scenes, I'd be JEALOUS AF. There'd be a million posts about how Lana was the developer favorite and of course she saved the galaxy and of course they wrote a million scenes with her in it. Let's just all simmer down a bit.

2) There's no doubt in my mind this is a ploy to get into The Order of Shady People. I feel like almost every scene telegraphed it.

-Yes, I was looking for it, because I'm a sad sap, but from the first big "I'D DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G. Shall I say it again?"

-Then when he shoots at you the first time and Lana jumps in front, it was some electrical stun, not a blaster bolt.

-He shoots the train window out. He says he knows this wont kill you.

-His speech was the lulz. I wanted a *clap* option for that. Bravo.

-He left all the damn crystals just laying around.

-The end when the Shady Guy says "Okay that was your initiation." Guys. come on.

With all the other media about him, it's always been my thought that he's had a way bigger part to play. Perhaps this whole time it's been all about Theron and not about our characters.

With all the other media about him, it's always been my thought that he's had a way bigger part to play. Perhaps this whole time it's been all about Theron and not about our characters.

What aggravated me was during the mission is everyone saying yay it was Theron and not Lana and of course I have to make a comment and say well of course writer's pet. I just couldn't resist.

Not a bad story, so far, but do they have to give us only a 5 minute flashpoint and then say, well, see ya next time??? :rak_02:

It's also obvious that he's no traitor. He was acting weird on Iokath, and then on Umbra, but when he was alone with you on Odessen, if you had romanced him, he was very sweet, almost like he was trying to prove something to you.....

What aggravated me was during the mission is everyone saying yay it was Theron and not Lana and of course I have to make a comment and say well of course writer's pet. I just couldn't resist.

I find it funny as it was said in a interview originally she was just made to give the empire a character to start the forged alliance and later Theron would take over in future expansions but she was so well liked they expended her role more and more. So it's ok she get picked favorite because she is awesome there for its fine kinda like Hinata got in the anime of Naruto.

Not a bad story, so far, but do they have to give us only a 5 minute flashpoint and then say, well, see ya next time??? :rak_02:

It's also obvious that he's no traitor. He was acting weird on Iokath, and then on Umbra, but when he was alone with you on Odessen, if you had romanced him, he was very sweet, almost like he was trying to prove something to you.....

Yeah, other than the story, everything about it was meh. And I really hope they learned from their Dread Masters mistake to leave essential story OUT of Operations.

But yeah, it seems like he was very much trying to reinforce the fact the he would do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G for you. He just can't come out and say "I'm doing this for you."

But, I'm already seeing massive potential for fanfic! Too bad I still haven't gotten to Ziost with mine, so at least I'll be sure to have a resolution before I get to that point. :p

Edited by Dracofish

Maybe have a resolution. With them moving at the speed of snail, I wouldn't count on it...

what do you mean snail the traitor plot was introduce last story line and the very next one they reveal it and who they're working for if anything they need to slow down there going past these plots points so fast.

Oh man, my poor LS Smuggler doesn't know what to think right now. She's my first toon and the only one through all the expansions so far. She missed out on romancing Corso, since she told him to go sleep it off. But she fell hard for Theron. They just played off each other so well.

And just got her world turned upside down. He was so sweet and so himself on Odessen before they left. He was completely not himself during his rant, he was so out of character. Then that letter she got from him afterwards. So she's sitting here going did the man I love really just betray me like that? Or is he up to something, he is a spy, and he did say he would do anything to keep her safe, it's not the first time people have left her in the dark on things. Or is this a little bit of both, he really thinks he's doing what's best, but going down the wrong path for some delusional reason. What a mess, but either way, man that hurt! She just had her heart ripped out.

There's obviously more to the story line, and I look forward to seeing what that is. But he better have a darn good explanation if he ever returns, because how do you forgive that. Even if he ever does come back and she does forgive him, he'll probably get a good punch in the jaw first. lol!

Edited by Kryswyn

From all indications it does look like it is a double/triple agent theme. I actually took my smuggler first through it since she romanced Koth , so I could pay better attention then my sorceress. She would have freaked out. By the way he acted during those scenes he didn't act like he really wanted to do this and just kept saying I can't. But I could be wrong and so help me they better not wait 6 months to do this as I am sure there are others that will not wait and leave and we can't afford to lose more players right now.

what do you mean snail the traitor plot was introduce last story line and the very next one they reveal it and who they're working for if anything they need to slow down there going past these plots points so fast.

I don't quite see it this way. Bioware already have a lot on their plate with the need to return class companions who still aren't back. For them to then create plot that takes away another companion seems really counterproductive to that... Seems to me like it slows down the other things they need to do even more.

I don't quite see it this way. Bioware already have a lot on their plate with the need to return class companions who still aren't back. For them to then create plot that takes away another companion seems really counterproductive to that... Seems to me like it slows down the other things they need to do even more.

Or this rolls into more story in order to re-introduce more companions.

I'm replaying the mission again on an Imperial test character and am paying extra special attention to nuances. And I just noticed that he actually switches blasters before he shoots at Lana with that stun shot. This is totally all for show...and I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts she's in on it. She has to be. The only way for Theron to get convincingly away from the Commander is to have Lana take him/her on a romp through the Umbarran wilds so he can just slip away. I can picture the conversation in my head, lol.

Edited by Dracofish

Is this thread on fire yet? No? It should be!

*throws Molotov cocktails everywhere*

*spins around with a flamethrower*

Oh all those Theron's fangirls must be so mad right now :D

Okey, now seriously. While my main never romanced Theron and never really trusted him because he is Imperial patriot and Shan is from the Republic... I also happen to have a LS female Trooper - peacekeeper who loves Theron, so I can relate somewhat to your suffering:) Theron behavior can be explained for my LS SW and comes naturally for my DS SI, but for trooper this makes no sense whatsoever...

Edited by Gelious

This is totally all for show...and I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts she's in on it. She has to be. The only way for Theron to get convincingly away from the Commander is to have Lana take him/her on a romp through the Umbarran wilds so he can just slip away. I can picture the conversation in my head, lol.

I don't feel like that makes sense. If it was impossible for Theron to tell the main character because he didn't know who might be listening, how could it be possible for him to tell Lana? Couldn't anyone be listening to their conversation too?

As most of you know, my character is in love with Lana. But I'm really, really sorry this happened with your love interest. Truly. I think it s**ks that Bioware actually pulled this, and that if Force forbid this had happened with my LI I'd be so bereft I'd stop playing (and please, no vitriol about Lana's status is necessary...to some of us she's not a 'pet,' she's a LI we love and value just as much as you love Theron).

I know I can't imagine exactly how some of you are feeling right now, but I'd imagine that this isn't a good day for you, and I'm sorry.

Having said that - I'm actually NOT going with the triple agent theory. I'm going with conditioning, implants controlling him, or implant slicing. This character

was captured by the Revanites, who included Imperial and Republic individuals, and was roughed up quite a bit while he was there...who knows what they did to him? And it would be silly to think ALL of them were captured at the end of SoR. He's also been knocked out at least once during KOTET alone. What was happening with him while Lana and the player were on Nathema? Valkorion hinted at a betrayal, so it could be that he planted something in the traitor's brain.

Plus, during his career with the SIS he could have easily been conditioned/implanted without his knowledge, just as an intelligence agent character in the vanilla storyline was. If the player sides with the Empire: the Republic activates that conditioning. If the player sides with the Republic: the Empire's intelligence finds out about the conditioning and uses it.

I don't feel like that makes sense. If it was impossible for Theron to tell the main character because he didn't know who might be listening, how could it be possible for him to tell Lana? Couldn't anyone be listening to their conversation too?

Because they planned it out ahead of time. He couldn't tell the Commander because he needs it to be convincing. The Commander's reaction has to be real. Remember that whole argument Lana had on Rishi about Theron's capture and why she didn't tell him?

Edited by Dracofish